6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
hoenn weekend [m]
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2023 12:29:55 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the public has already been evacuated from the beach by authorities. while most officers were tasked with keeping most of hoenn's citizens away from the impending danger, kyle was left alone at the beach.

as soon as someone radios him in that the beach was cleared for an effort for the champion to carefully dissuade kyogre from turning on the city, kyle manages to spot another person with him on the beach.

"oh, hey!" he greets in a friendly tone. "are you sure you don't want to evacuate as well?"

he seems new. kyle doesn't recognize his face as one of those that regularly joins raids to combat the forces of nature that always attempts to take the region to desolation, though kyle always had a bad memory when it comes to people's appearances.

"well, it's not like everyone follows government guidelines anyways," he dismisses himself. "are you perhaps looking to test your mettle too?"

someone with the uniform of a slateport police department officer goading a civilian to an unspecified quest was unsightly, although for those that know him, anything that lightens the load of his work wasn't out of character.

that said, the first clue for what the said quest was appears with a sudden drizzle in the midst of a nice, sunny, albeit ridden by a weather as cold as kyurem's ice, hoenn weekend.

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-eight
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Military Recruit
Private
all our weight is just a burden offered to us by the world
awards
411 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
hoenn weekend [m]
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2023 13:38:44 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eddieh"]
[attr="class","eddiehtag"]

[attr="class","eddiehmain"]

After a long week of getting moved in, starting his new job, and meeting this really weird looking Growlithe sniffing around the dumpster outside of his apartment, Eddie was looking forward to a relaxing weekend. [break][break]

Of course, it wouldn't do to just stay cooped up inside his new home when there was a brand new region to explore. He'd been thumbing through travel brochures between unpacking what few boxes he had brought with him, and Slateport was a place that had caught his eye. There was the dazzling upper district, the night market, and of course the beach. Eddie had decided to go there first, finding that he already missed the sting of the salt air from his home back in Cascarrafa. He was convinced it would be the best of both worlds; a little bit of familiarity to ground himself among the thrills of this new locale. [break][break]

So he had set off, snagging a last minute ferry just outside of Petalburg, with his newest Pokemon in tow. Eddie'd even managed to place an online booking for an admittedly sketchy motel just outside the lower district on the way. When he'd finally landed, Eddie resolved to plop down onto the nearest free beach chair, pop in his ear buds, and soak in the golden rays of the sun (even if it was way too cold for the board shorts he was wearing). [break][break]

Eddie had been so determined to relax that he hadn't noticed the evacuation efforts taking place all around him. How could he, though, with chipper pop music blaring directly into his ears and sunglasses obscuring his vision? And it was so hard to want to move when the warmth radiating from the Growlithe resting across his lap drove the chill of the wintry air away. Eddie was so content in his little bubble that he almost hadn't noticed the younger man speaking to him. [break][break]

Realizing that someone was trying to get his attention, he hastily popped out his earbuds in time to catch the word evacuate leaving the other man's mouth. Had he heard that right? [BREAK][BREAK]

“I- uh... what? Sorry man, didn't catch that,” he responded. Well, that was only half true; he did hear the other guy mention testing his mettle. Eddie wasn't one to back down from a challenge, but he'd rather know what he was getting himself into first. [break][break]

Suddenly, he felt a shock of cold as icy rain began to start trickling down. Weird, the forecast hadn't mentioned anything about rain today.

notes[break]
seasonally inappropriate fit[break]
mission[break]

[attr="class","eddiehpoke"]

[newclass=.eddieh]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eddiehmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eddiehtag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh b] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #dbb859; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eddiehpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
hoenn weekend [m]
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 14:50:54 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"do you want to get away from the waters, or do you want to help me push that guy away from the city?"

he approaches him and stares at his growlithe. there's an urge to pet it, but professionalism takes place first.

then again, here he was, trying to invite a civilian to do one of the most dangerous work on slateport at the moment.

"do you want to take a look?"

kyle takes out binoculars from his pouch and lets eddie borrow them. he points to the direction further away from the sea, where he would be able to spot darker clouds and a silhouette of a large sea creature's tail in a rampage.

as soon as he hands it over to give the man a quick rundown of the situation, his eyes travel back to the growlithe. it was too cute to ignore.

"kyogre's been too close to the city lately. i wonder if we can push it back to sootopolis instead," he ponders out loud.

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-eight
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Military Recruit
Private
awards
411 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
hoenn weekend [m]
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 15:24:44 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eddieh"]

Eddie scrambled up from his beach chair, Blanche hopping off of his lap as he tokk the binoculars to get a look at who exactly 'that guy' is. He peered through the dual lenses as the Growlithe stareed up at the other man, tail wagging happily and tongue lolled out to the side in an open-mouthed plea for pets. What Eddie saw was... not what he was expecting, but how exactly could have he expected to see the leviathan crashing through the waves? [break][break]

When the younger man gave him the choice, Eddie made up his mind almost immediately. He was ill-equipped to battle, accompanied by a Pokemon poorly suited to fighting the massive creature. He didn't have much in the way of supplies himself, just a couple of days worth of clothes in a backpack. Eddie handed the binoculars back to his new companion and noded with resolve, [break][break]

“Don't got much on me, but I'll do whatever I can to help.” [break][break]

If there's anything he can do, Eddie was willing and able. Hell, he'd suplex the damn fish back into the ocean if he was given the means and opportunity to do so.

notes[break]
mission[break]

[newclass=.eddieh]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eddiehmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eddiehtag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh b] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #dbb859; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eddiehpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
hoenn weekend [m]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2024 18:26:16 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he knows enough of a dog's body language that he accepts the growlithe's invitation for pets.

"we'll take a boat to get closer: you, me, and this doggy."

it wasn't a wise choice to bring the growlithe, but kyle already felt connection with it just after half a minute of seeing it. his hand eventually leaves its head, however, to point his new friend to the small patrol boat they'll be taking.

he starts walking as he talks.

"you're fine, dude. all we need is enthusiasm and other stuff like that." because kyle lacks it. "don't worry. i'll give you my best support so just kill it out there."

kyle has always wanted to be in the sidelines, but his role in the region prevents him so. someone who doesn't know him might give him the break he wants.

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-eight
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Military Recruit
Private
awards
411 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
hoenn weekend [m]
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2024 11:12:04 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eddieh"]

Eddie followed alongside, Blanche happily keeping pace with the both of the men as they approached the boat. Perhaps neither he nor his dog understood the magnitude of what they were getting themselves into, but the Growlithe seemed downright eager to climb aboard, racing ahead of them and turning around to give a bark back, as if encouraging them to hurry up. [break][break]

“Well hell, if it's just enthusiasm ya need, Blanche and I got that in spades,” Eddie chuckled with a toothy grin, stretching his arms behind his neck, “I'm Eddie, by the way. I'm, uh, not from around these parts, but maybe ya already guessed that. I can handle myself on a boat just fine, though.” [break][break]

And indeed he could, because if he learned one thing from the mind-numbly boring fishing trips off the coast of Porto Marinada, it was how to keep himself from falling out of a boat, no matter how bad the weather was. At least he had one thing to thank his dad for.

notes[break]
mission[break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
hoenn weekend [m]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2024 3:51:14 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he always forgets to introduce himself, figuring he'd only meet people once or twice. it was the other's introduction that reminds him that this was common courtesy.

"oh, right. you can call me kyle."

as soon as they were situated in the boat, kyle gives the growlithe one last scratch by the chin before starting the motor.

kyle doesn't pull the stops when he speeds through the water. winds from their speed and the noise from the boat itself makes it difficult to talk, but kyle raises the volume of his voice to compensate.

"we'll do a drive by! feel free to go all in on your attacks," he briefs eddie. "we won't be able to take it down anyways, so we just need to let it know it's a nuisance around here."

it wasn't safe, but it definitely has the least risk compared to the other approaches his daredevil friends have attempted.

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-eight
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Military Recruit
Private
awards
411 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
hoenn weekend [m]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2024 12:25:22 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eddieh"]

As they sped off towards the raging leviathan, Eddie found himself beaming even as he gripped the railing of the boat with a white-knuckled ferocity. It was exhilarating, really, the chance to go toe-to-toe with a catch as big as this. He nodded in acknowledgment to Kyle as he explained their hit-and-run tactics, and Eddie's eyes narrowed in concentration as they neared their target. [break][break]

The fish was a lot bigger than he initially anticipated, but maybe that was to be expected. Blanche barked with increasing ferocity as they neared, perhaps not particularly concerned herself with the size of the creature they'd be squaring up against. Her voice keened into a HOWL, working herself into fervor. Eddie couldn't help but feel further emboldened by her gumption; now it was just a matter of getting close enough to strike the damn thing.

notes[break]
mission[break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
hoenn weekend [m]
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2024 17:55:52 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the downpour grows stronger as they get closer. kyle doesn't risk their distance, but he still brings them close enough to be in range for most projectile attacks.

his driving turns haphazard as the kyogre notices them. frenzied eyes follow their boat as it narrowly misses its origin pulse from the erratic motions of the boat.

there is no steady aiming for them, but the kyogre's size gives them enough to work on at least.

"this is as close as i can get," he tells eddie. "fire your strongest shot!"

kyle's ability as an avatar manifests in the sudden appearance of ash, taking form of two beasts.

one was a suicune, who jumps into the water and momentarily freezes the seas with sheer cold in a pitiful attempt of holding the kyogre in place. the other was a raikou, who finds footing atop the ice and fires a zap cannon in the same vein with paralysis.

he has been in this situation before. he knows this wouldn't be enough to knock it down, but it's enough for it to acknowledge them.

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-eight
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Military Recruit
Private
awards
411 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
hoenn weekend [m]
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2024 11:53:28 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eddieh"]

If the ORIGIN PULSE whirling just mere feet past the boat wasn't enough to awe Eddie, then the sheer spectacle of what Kyle offered certainly was. [break][break]

Now, Eddie wasn't much of an expert on myths and legends, but you'd have to be living under a rock not to recognize the legendary beasts that materialized, ones that Kyle had somehow managed to conjure from ash. Eddie's eyes widened in shock as he watched the ethereal Suicune, running with grace over the tumultuous sea, and Raikou, dashing across a pillar of ice conjured by it's brother as they descended upon their foe. Eddie looked back down at Blanche, who continued to bark over the din of the storm and the battle. She was no Entei, but maybe she'd make a fine enough stand-in for this occasion. [break][break]

He leaned down and grabbed Blanche by the middle, hefting her up high enough that she could see her target over the side of the boat. Holding her like a lupine shotgun, Blanche barked happily as she conjured a ROCK SLIDE, materializing an avalanche of rocks and boulders in the air above the Kyogre and sending them crashing down on the giant fish's head. Eddie wasn't sure that the attack did a whole lot of damage, but at least Blanche seemed to be quite pleased with herself.
notes[break]
mission[break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
hoenn weekend [m]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2024 17:44:01 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
rocks, while not as damaging as they should be against a behemoth like kyogre, proved its worth through practicality.

the weight of such attack brings splashes to the kyogre, held down by both suicune and raikou. along with chunks of ice it broke from its fall, it pushes the kyogre away due to its buoyancy.

it could turn and fight back, but the corruption in its head leaves it with a one-track mind.

the slight turn away from the city is enough to get its attention away, especially with the offenders quickly escaping the scene and the decoys in suicune and raikou disappearing with the same cloud of ash they appeared from.

"tell me if it's still going for the city. we're making a u-turn if that stuff wasn't effective!"

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-eight
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Military Recruit
Private
awards
411 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
hoenn weekend [m]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2024 18:34:08 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eddieh"]

Holy shit, it worked! [break][break]

As stone and ice crumbled into the sea, the leviathan seemed poised to leave, apparently dissuaded by the efforts of the three canines. Blanche wriggled in Eddie's grasp, loosing a fierce ROAR as the cetacean Pokemon began it's ungraceful retreat. As the boat sped off back towards the shore, Eddie gave Kyle a wide grin and a thumbs up in reply. [break][break]

Keeping his eyes set on the retreating Kyogre, Eddie couldn't help but beam brightly to himself. That was cool! Like, really cool! He got to help do something big and helpful! Even if he was beginning to suspect that Kyle probably could have handled the situation on his own. Speaking of, [break][break]

“So, uh,” Eddie began, calling out to Kyle over the sounds of the patrol boat, “How'd ya do that magic trick with the legendary beasts? Is that some kinda fancy tech thing, or...?”

notes[break]
mission[break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
hoenn weekend [m]
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2024 3:20:49 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"ho-oh powers," he puts it bluntly. "wouldn't be the strangest thing you see around here."

as he brings the boat back to the shore, the assurance from eddie's statement manages to ease him down. the boat slows down, and alongside it, the motor quiets a bit for a more proper reply.

"you're here on hoenn for the experience, right?"

people usually come to hoenn either as a desperate escape or an adventure, and of the latter, even the unassuming can bring the biggest surprises with the palette of colorful personalities that the region attracts.

he reaches back, eyes off the road, as he attempts to scratch the growlithe one more time behind the ears.

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-eight
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Military Recruit
Private
awards
411 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
hoenn weekend [m]
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2024 11:25:23 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eddieh"]

Ho-Oh powers? He would have assumed that Kyle was fucking with him were it not for the bluntness of his tone. Eddie's brow furrowed, staring at the younger man as they reached the shore; just who the hell was this kid? [break][break]

“Yeah, more or less,” Eddie admitted sheepishly, “Not a lot for me back home. Figured this was as good a place as any to get a fresh start.” [break][break]

That was probably a dumb way to put it – it's not like Eddie was running from the law or something – but he decided to leave it at that. He grinned as Blanche's hind leg started to kick when Kyle reached a particularly satisfying spot to scratch behind her ear.

notes[break]
mission[break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
hoenn weekend [m]
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2024 14:25:03 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"you're getting a fresh start, alright."

the rough waters rocks the boat a bit, and kyle immediately pulls away from the growlithe and back to manning the boat.

"you can be a top-percentage guy outside of the region and still look average around here, or the other way around. it's kind of fun to see where people go."

they eventually reach the shore as the boat makes a skidding halt against the beach, scraping the boat's hull against the sands. the skies eventually clear out as the rains go away.

as soon as the motor of the boat stops, kyle opens his mouth to speak, only to close it and rethink his statement.

"if i were you, i'd start looking for all these strange happenings in the region. that's where you get these interesting chance encounters to make that start easier."

he'd usually tell people to steer away if they can help it, but eddie seems to be like the type to run when the situation calls for it. kyle gambles on goading a region's newcomer to participating on the clown fiesta.