Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-eight
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Military Recruit
Private
if the wind turns, if i hit a squall, allow the ground to find its brutal way to me.
awards
378 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
I'm a Shapeshifter | M
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2023 20:35:40 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eddieh"]
[attr="class","eddiehtag"]

[attr="class","eddiehmain"]

Eddie had only been in Rustboro for a short time, but he was quickly becoming fond of the city. [break][break]

In the days that followed his move to Hoenn, he'd spent time exploring the town, keeping his eyes peeled for attractions and restaurants to circle back to once time allowed. The bar he now found himself in was one such location that had caught his eye. [break][break]

Tucked into a narrow alley, flanked on either side by tall windows, was a austere oak door. The sign that hung above proudly proclaimed the name of the establishment in looping bronze text; The Drunken Dreepy. It was a Galarian-style pub that online reviews described as having “authentic Galarian bar food”, a “comfortable, unpretentious atmosphere”, and best of all, “a wide variety of Galarian imported brews and spirits.” That last bit was what had cemented Eddie's desire to visit, truth be told. He couldn't remember how long it had been since he'd had a good whiskey. [break][break]

When he had entered the establishment earlier in the evening, he immediately felt at ease in the cozy setting it provided. It was bit of a tight squeeze, with the bar and stools to his left, a series of small tables to the right, and only a narrow space to walk between if you wanted to reach the back where there was more open seating, but something about it made the place feel more homey and intimate. The pub was lit by dim incandescent lights that reflected off of the warm tones of the wooden tables and bar. Everything was swathed in rich browns and golds and ambers in the soft light, not unlike the glass of single malt whiskey Eddie was currently nursing. It was actually the third glass of whiskey he had purchased tonight, which was probably why he didn't notice the late hour until he realized most of the other patrons had gone. He went to stand, but the severe-looking bartender spoke up. [break][break]

The older gentleman had explained, in a thick Galarian accent, that there was no point in trying to leave until the snow outside settled down. Eddie looked at the direction that the bartender gestured, and noticed the snow piled high outside of the windows, half-way obscuring the view of the alley outside. The bartender further explained that he'd go plow the way out himself with the help of his Pokemon as soon as the snow stopped, which he assured Eddie shouldn't take too long. To compensate him for the wait, the bartender had been kind enough to top Eddie's glass off for free. [break][break]

So Eddie settled back onto his bar stool, eyes scanning the interior around him. The place was mostly vacant at this point, but he still took his time sweeping his gaze across the establishment, sorely hoping there was someone left to keep him company.

notes[break]
TL;DR - Eddie goes to comfy Galarian pub, gets snowed in, and now his extroverted ass is desperate to find someone to kill time with[break]
Mission[break]

[attr="class","eddiehpoke"]

[newclass=.eddieh]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eddiehmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eddiehtag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh b] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #dbb859; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eddiehpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Kyu
He/Him
June 3
Lavaridge
Homosexual
Mercenary
Cadet
In Silence There Is Beauty
awards
134 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazu
Kazuya Yoshida
I'm a Shapeshifter | M
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 2:01:05 GMT
Kazuya Yoshida Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbase"]
[attr="class","kazu1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","kazuimg"]

[attr="class","kazu2"]Back when he’d been kindling, he and the boys loved hitting up this place. The dark wood and homely atmosphere made it a welcome break after a hard day on the clock. And, the owner’s family did the same work. On a shelf in the corner was a mini memorial to all those who had lost their lives in the fight against the fires and volcano.[break][break]

It felt different to be in here alone. Since his conviction—even if it’d been reversed—few people answered the phone. They somehow thought a single jury absolved all their memories. Even his wave to the bartender received only a half-hearted one in return. “Evening.” Kazuya eventually murmurs to the barkeep. He orders a drink, something fruity, boozy, and blue. This he took with him back to his elevated seat. From that spot, he watched a few stragglers play through a game of pool.[break][break]

His Emolga perched on his shoulder. Occasionally, she would dart down his arm to sample the alcohol off the tip of a toothpick. As one drink turned to two, the man’s well-earned composure began to evaporate. Occasionally, his golden eyes would flicker to a nearby television. Though soccer held no interest to him, it gave him something to contemplate rather than his earlier actions.
[break][break]

As the pool players left, Kazuya became suddenly aware of the emptiness of the bar. As he rose to his feet, he heard the owner tell Ed that leaving was a no-go. Instinctively, Kazuya reached for a ball at his belt. But, then, he remembered that his old team was gone. An uncharacteristically angry noise escaped his lips. “You sure we can’t dig out, Bert?” Kazuya’s voice emerged from somewhere around his belt. It wasn’t accompanied by moving lips. [break][break]

The bartender shook his head. He looked like he was about to say something but settled for turning away. “Top me off then. Please.” After an awkward moment, the mercenary managed to situate himself on a barstool. “I haven’t seen you here before.” A little tipsy from her own imbibement, the Emolga stood up to wave excitedly at the man. “It’s a good place.”[break][break]

He readjusted the scarf around his neck.

[attr="class","kazu3"]
[attr="class","petalpoke"]

[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.petalbase]font:10px roboto;--accent:#8385DA;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 375px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.kazu1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 375px; height: 100px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #5F62CF; background-blend-mode: hard-light; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kazuimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kazuimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kazu2]padding: 20px; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoke]text-align: center; margin: -25px auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.kazu2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kazu2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:#B6B4E0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kazu3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 375px; height: 30px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #5F62CF; background-blend-mode: hard-light; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-eight
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Military Recruit
Private
if the wind turns, if i hit a squall, allow the ground to find its brutal way to me.
awards
378 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
I'm a Shapeshifter | M
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 11:34:56 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eddieh"]

There was a rush of relief when Eddie realized that he did, in fact, have someone with whom he could share his company, at least for the time being. When he turned to properly look at the man addressing him, he was immediately struck by how imposing the figure was. Tall as all hell, tattoos, long silvery hair; he cut an intimidating figure, but Eddie wasn't one to judge. Besides, the little Emolga accompanying him was so friendly. Bad people didn't have friendly Pokemon. Eddie flashed a smile and nodded cordially in response, [break][break]

“Yup, I'm new in town,” he began, stopping to sip at his whiskey, “I'm Eddie. And yeah, it's a damn good place. Can't go wrong with some nice atmosphere and a good glass of somethin' to keep ya warm.” [break][break]

He vaguely considered including the bartender in their conversation, but when he looked up, Bert had moved to the opposite end of the bar and had begun to preoccupy himself by scrolling through his phone. His loss, then. Eddie turned back to his new companion and glanced at his drink. His curiosity piqued by the glass of effervescent blue, Eddie asked, [break][break]

“What're you having?”

notes[break]
Mission[break]

[newclass=.eddieh]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eddiehmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eddiehtag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh b] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #dbb859; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eddiehpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Kyu
He/Him
June 3
Lavaridge
Homosexual
Mercenary
Cadet
In Silence There Is Beauty
awards
134 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazu
Kazuya Yoshida
I'm a Shapeshifter | M
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2024 3:28:20 GMT
Kazuya Yoshida Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbase"]
[attr="class","kazu1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","kazuimg"]

[attr="class","kazu2"]Beneath him, the stool looks like doll furniture. A small push from his foot sent it lazily spinning in Eddy’s direction. Nothing creaked or bent, so the conversation could continue unimpeded. From his new angle, he could watch the snow idly fall. “Let me be the first to welcome you then.” Though digital, the voice manages to convey warmth. Computers could do some cool stuff these days.
[break][break]
It was nice to talk to somebody without them shrinking in fear. It probably helped that both of them were built like brick houses. “Kazuya.” A clink followed as the mercenary set his cup on the counter. The older man murmured. “Friends call me Kazu.” [break][break]

Whether this man considered him a friend was completely up to him. A hand was extended into the air between them, ready to shake. “And truer words were never spoken, my friend.” When he was in that pit it wasn’t the cheering and fans he thought about. It was Yuletide dinners and quiet nights like this. Friends sitting beside you and the only war was over what came next on the jukebox.
[break][break]

At the talk of drinks, golden eyes slid to his own. While he used to be a hard liquor guy, Kazuya never managed to acquire the taste. Honestly, he figured people just pretended to enjoy the stuff. Now that he was out, he was damned if he’d waste time drinking rubbing alcohol. “Bertie calls it Sapphire Alpine.” A finger traced the edge of the glass as he contemplated its flavors. “It's pretty peachy."
[break][break]

The berry name came out garbled. Apparently, he didn’t talk much about fruits on the circuit. Too busy threatening to beat people’s asses, he supposed.

The bigger man nodded toward the other glass. Sure, it was clear, but lots of alcohol was. But did this guy prefer gin or tequila?

[attr="class","kazu3"]
[attr="class","petalpoke"]

[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.petalbase]font:10px roboto;--accent:#8385DA;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 375px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.kazu1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 375px; height: 100px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #5F62CF; background-blend-mode: hard-light; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kazuimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kazuimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kazu2]padding: 20px; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoke]text-align: center; margin: -25px auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.kazu2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kazu2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:#B6B4E0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kazu3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 375px; height: 30px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #5F62CF; background-blend-mode: hard-light; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-eight
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Military Recruit
Private
awards
378 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
I'm a Shapeshifter | M
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2024 11:53:19 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eddieh"]

With this much liquor sitting warm in his gut, Eddie couldn't help but give in to that comfortable gregariousness that drink so often drew out in people. He didn't even particularly register the electronic cadence of his companion's voice as he leaned in slightly, a light flush on his cheeks, [break][break]

“Nice ta meet ya, Kazu. [break][break]

There was a slight drawl to it as he shook Kazuya's hand firmly, an intentional sort of teasing lilt punctuated with a wink. Eddie wasn't typically a flirt, especially after having spent so many years shoving that particular sort of attraction down, but he was emboldened by the thick buzz of alcohol that draped over him like a warm blanket. Besides, he found himself particularly weak when presented with a man that could probably break him in half, though maybe that should have been all the more reason to exercise caution in untested waters such as these, [break][break]

“Sapphire Alphine, huh? Damn shame, I can't do those kinda mixed drinks anymore. The hangovers're just pure hell for me, so I'm just stickin' with some good ol' whiskey; this label's from the Crown Tundra.” [break][break]

Now the digital tones to Kazuya's voice were becoming all the more clear even in Eddie's increasingly hazy state. His eyes narrowed curiously as he considered their source, until they slid away and back to the blue drink to settle on it with idle curiosity. Nah, it'd be rude to pry, that much Eddie was certain of, and besides, now he was becoming particularly fixated on just how peachy that glass of Sapphire Alpine really was.

notes[break]
Mission[break]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights