pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,046 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
comfort chain
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 2:45:14 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

An obsessive mind churns.[break][break]

Unlike the possession caused by the Border, this one is less frantic. The mania isn't there, like before. Yet, when free time allows it and isn't home, Tempest finds himself deep under their home. The Shadow Lab hums with light and life. Sitting at a desk, pen chewed between his lips, Temp looks over the various papers he had gathered other the last few weeks.[break][break]

Avatars of Rocket... a a few of the League. Their secrets spilled out before him.[break][break]

It feels like a puzzle. But every time he clicks something into place, he realizes he needs more and more.[break][break]

Today, focus is hard. Tempest isn't upstairs when Cillian gets home like normal, too focused on organizing notes. But dinner still waits, boxed up neat in the fridge and waiting for the other. An act of devotion even if shown by a preoccupied mind.

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
I want corruption, I think I'm the devil in disguise.
awards
8,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
comfort chain
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 2:57:03 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Cillian's tired when he gets home. (When isn't he?)[break][break]

The dogs greet him with their mixed levels of enthusiasm, Faolan standing sentinel with arms folded as if to say, 'it's about time you got some rest'. Cillian ruffles the fur between the solemn Lucario's ears, lip twitching when the jackal grumbles at him.[break][break]

Smells good in here.[break][break]

Temp must've cooked something; curry, by the smell. His husband's shoes are by the door, suggesting he was home, though he wasn't lounging on the couch watching shitty reality TV or hanging out with the dogs. The promotion had left him busier than ever.[break][break]

An alert on his phone lets him know the lab's security had picked up movement. Must be doing research. It had been Cillian's lab to start, but he'd rather easily learned to share the space with his husband when Temp got up the confidence to ask.[break][break]

Wolfing down his food in record time, Cillian descends the steps none-too-quietly, not wishing to startle his husband out of a deep focus.
[break][break]
"Working hard, love?"
[break][break]
He swats Temp playfully on the ass, placing a gentle kiss in the crook of his lover's neck before peering over his shoulder, curious.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
3,046 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
comfort chain
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 3:07:49 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Thundering down the stairs only has Tempest tense for a moment. The dogs hadn't started to bark, so it was probably just .[break][break]

About the time Cillian breaches the room, Temp has lowered the boiling beaker of amber colored liquid down so it wouldn't overflow. There is a small squawk at the ass slap, which is followed by a chuckle as Cil tucks his chin over his shoulder to read his notes. It's all in the same blocky chicken scratch, scattered out papers and reports printed from the Rocket archives.[break][break]

"Mmhm." Temp turns his head to press a kiss on Cil's cheek in retaliation, leaning back some against the other.[break][break]

"I'm hoping this will be ready to test for my assault." Idly said, as if it wasn't anything important. "How was your day today?"

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
comfort chain
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 3:18:50 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

The thought of his husband squaring up against the likes of or unsettled him, in truth, but Cillian had swallowed the worst of his anxieties and simply bid his love be careful. 'Avatars aren't immortal,' he'd affirmed, 'but neither are you. Come back safe.'[break][break]

His skin prickles anew at the broached subject, but he only nods to show he understands.[break][break]

Temp has always supported him in his own ambitions, and Cillian would do the same. Even when it hurt. Perhaps especially then.[break][break]

"How dangerous do you think it'll be?"[break][break]

From Cillian's tone, it sounds like a lead-in to something else.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
3,046 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
comfort chain
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 4:51:45 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

As is the usual, Tempest misinterprets the question. Instead of being about the oncoming clash with the Avatars of the League and his own safety, he takes it to be about the more physical. The odd potion he had been working on for days.[break][break]

This one is not complete, sadly. There are still bits and pieces to add in. The formula is a prototype of a prototype, thrown together with advice from scientists like , , , , and . He picks up the vial and tilts it in his hand; it is clear and smells faintly of caramel and poison ivy.[break][break]

"Pretty dangerous, I'd say. If this works, it'll cut off Avatarship. If it doesn't, maybe it'll explode their hearts or something." It was just a matter of getting it into their veins. Shrugging, Tempest places it back on the unlit burner to bottle up later.[break][break]

A glance back at the other, Tempest doing his best to give a reassuring smile.[break][break]

"I might get a little beat up, but I'll be fine. I have to come home to you, so I won't be reckless."

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
comfort chain
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 18:22:44 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Temp had, in fact, interpreted him correctly. Whether it was the way Cillian glanced toward the serum as he posed the question or simply that his husband knew him so well mattered not; the result was the same.[break][break]

Cillian arches his brow at the notion of exploding hearts.[break][break]

"So not quite safe for at-home testing. I see."[break][break]

He says nothing else of that, though Temp may be able to glean from his knowledge of Cillian's medical history that he'd been about to suggest his husband test the product on him. It wouldn't be the first or the last time he undertook something dangerous, but he's not about to risk his bond with Lugia... not even for Temp.[break][break]

"You do," he agrees, firm, when Temp mentions coming home safe. Cillian grips him by the neck, thumbs stroking beneath his husband's chin. "You will. I'm proud of you, love."[break][break]

He leans his forehead against Temp's, letting the gesture speak for him. Pouring his worry but also his faith into the closeness.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
3,046 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
comfort chain
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 19:34:29 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Oh, Tempest had known exactly what was about to suggest. For a moment, he tries to catch his husband's eye. Lips pursed and brow raised, the 'really?' clear on his face. It's all fond amusement, though. Tempest would never subject the love of his life to whatever weird experiments he was doing. Not barring the completely safe ones, that is; like when Tempest had asked his husband to dip his arm in some water and try to make his miasma.[break][break]

"Do you want to look over my latest notes?" Tempest is already picking up the papers to offer the other. The reassurance prickles at his skin in a nice way, having him smile faintly. Cillian trusted him. Cillian loved him.[break][break]

The papers are similar to what Temp had no doubt shown the other before. Tempest was, at the end of the day, not a learned and studied Scientist like Cillian or many of the others he hung around. He was just kind of playing the part (or so it felt like) and appreciated the extra look-overs whenever someone was willing.[break][break]

Today, though, it looked like Tempest had clipped some study from Paldea about cellular division in high energy bodies into his folder, having scribbled all over it with his own questions and notes. While not directly stated, it points to a few things. A few fears that Tempest has that doesn't paint the Bond Cillian shares with Lugia in a positive light.

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
comfort chain
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 19:06:01 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Not shying away from his husband's gaze, feeling no shame for what thoughts had been bubbling beneath, Cillian notes the look in Temp's eye and offers a crooked smile. Somewhere between sheepish and amused.[break][break]

"Sure," he says of the notes, disentangling himself from his lover so that he might instead peruse his writings.[break][break]

He'd struggled to decipher some of Temp's chicken-scratch early on, but a relationship lasting years has trained him to pick out letters in the mess. He doesn't have to stop to ask his husband what certain words are, any more, and settles in to read the notes with all the gravity of the most confidential Rocket reports.[break][break]

Though his face rests with a frown, it deepens as he looks over the Paldea study.[break][break]

"What's all this?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
3,046 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
comfort chain
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 20:15:09 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Research study." But could already see that. "I'm curious how Avatarship actually effects the human body. Like, it has to do something, right? Or you guys wouldn't get powers. But other than Primal Intoxication, no one had really done any in-depth studies on it that I can find." If they had, they were probably locked away in League's headquarters and away from the public at large.[break][break]

Tempest takes the papers back when Cillian is done, flipping through them and landing on the third page of the study itself.[break][break]

"I have a few theories but nothing concrete. I want to do another round of questions if I can pin everyone down again...." He trails off, mind lingering elsewhere for a moment before he shakes it off and places the papers back on the desk.

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
comfort chain
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 13:21:12 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Cillian nods. Obviously.[break][break]

Primal Intoxication isn't something he's had to worry about; it's Infinity Energy that flows through him, empowers him. He can't say there's been no effect on his body, though, considering his heightened reflexes.[break][break]

It's a reasonable enough answer, and he might've moved on from there if Temp hadn't mentioned further questioning. He cants his head, curious.[break][break]

"Well, you can start with me," he points out, pulling up a chair to sit down. He laces his hands in his lap, twiddling his thumbs. "What did you wanna know?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
3,046 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
comfort chain
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 2:45:48 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

When offers himself, Tempest glances at him and gives a soft smile. It's slightly dopey and lovesick, full of affection. Cillian was always so willing to help him. Leaning down, he tries to steal a quick kiss before finding his own seat again.[break][break]

"I haven't gotten anything solid yet. Mostly questions about appetite changes, libido, general energy levels, stuff like that. A few about joint pain and swelling." Tempest starts to put his papers away for now; he wanted to spend time with his husband.[break][break]

"I already have a good idea on some of it with you." A brow is raised, a ghost of a smirk on his lips.

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
comfort chain
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2024 13:28:25 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Tempest reveals the softest parts of Cillian, and has not once taken advantage of that softness. This man could ruin him, Cillian knew, but gazed at him with unwavering trust all the same.[break][break]

He leans into the brief press of lips, chasing warmth and affection.[break][break]

But there's business to be had, and the mask of an underboss settles over him as he shifts into the role.[break][break]

"No joint pain or swelling that I didn't have before." His fingers drum against his thigh. "Energy levels are generally higher. Libido..." He can't help his smile, like a teenager after telling a dirty joke. "Normal, for me. And... appetite, you said?" He'd worked backwards to preserve the points in memory. "No changes there. I mean, there has been, but that's you more than her, y'know?"[break][break]

There's a fondness there, an appreciation he can't necessarily find the right words for. He was a workaholic. He threw himself into Rocket and forgot, at times, to feed himself. To properly hydrate. To fucking sleep. Temp reminded him to be human.[break][break]

"Anything else?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
3,046 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
comfort chain
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2024 1:47:14 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Temp isn't taking notes this time, only listening. Hanging onto 's every word like he was spilling gospel. He could make notes on this later, when he had a more proper set of criteria to set the answers against. Whatever he wrote down would be ran by Cillian, anyway, before he published it to Rocket officially. So corrections could be made then.[break][break]

A brow was raised, the joke shared, when his husband answered. But he would tuck that away from the moment and tease him over it later.[break][break]

"Hmm... blood pressure been normal for you, if you know? Any fatigue? Sudden weight gain or loss?" Tempest had a pretty good idea already, but it didn't hurt to make sure. Even if they had been friends before Cillian was an Avatar, it's not like Temp had some in-depth personal medical information.[break][break]

"I guess also if you would be willing to get a standard metabolism test, too." Tilting his head, Tempest chewed on his words before continuing. "And a cancer screening, just in case."

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
comfort chain
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2024 1:00:50 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Blood pressure was fine when I had it tested last month." Though he'd never been able to quit cigarettes, Cillian was otherwise health-conscious; he allowed Rocket's doctors to do regular tests to ensure he was fighting-fit. "If I have fatigue, it's from not sleeping enough. Used to happen when I used my powers too much, too, but I think I've fully adjusted to them now. It's as natural as breathing."[break][break]

He'd been an Avatar for years. His body felt more strange without the powers than with them. Whenever he wore the SYGNA SUIT, the world around him felt sluggish and his reflexes felt unbearably slow. Human.[break][break]

"You know my weight patterns as well as I do." They logged that stuff for their training regimens. His expression sobers. "And you know why I lost the weight when I did."[break][break]

It had nothing to do with being an Avatar, and everything to do with their daughter.[break][break]

He shrugs at the mention of metabolism testing. "Sure."[break][break]

But when Temp mentions cancer, he frowns. Then scoffs a laugh, shaking his head. "Cancer? Arceus, Temp, if anything's gonna give me cancer it's the smokes, and my lungs were functional last I checked." Not great, but functional. Cancer-free, for now.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
3,046 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
comfort chain
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2024 2:15:31 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"You should quit those, too." Tempest gives a small smile; it was an old argument, one that both sides wouldn't concede on. Yet, while Tempest didn't like the cigarettes he wouldn't harp too badly on stopping them.[break][break]

This seems like a poignant moment. Like if Temp doesn't open his mouth he might miss something. Might mess something up later.[break][break]

So Tempest takes his husband's hand and gives it a soft squeeze, keeps them connected by the small touch.[break][break]

"I just worry about you a lot." is confessed, in a softer tone. "Some of the stuff I've read... what I felt that day at the Border... I just want you to be okay. If I lost you, I think I would go insane."

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times