Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
if the path to strength is filled with dismay, i will evolve.
awards
637 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
VCT: Genny vs. Kyle
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 2:56:12 GMT
Genevieve Cromwell Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]
[attr="class","genny1body"]

Fifth match time. Exciting! A beach stadium for the duo, and she reads the name paired with her.[break][break]

"Kyle Lopez..." That name... her face immediately goes cold. He was- oh god, he was- oh. Her hazel eyes stare with an uncomfortable tremor, as she looks outwards towards the other entrance. Where he'd come.[break][break]

He was the-[break][break]

"H-Hello!" With a wave, Genny's heart is in her throat. Oh crap, this was the Champ. She was practically jumping in excitement. "My name's Genevieve Cromwell... I-I look forward to this match, Mr. Lopez!"[break][break]

She's shaking nervously. Gordo wasn't any the wiser, and as she flashes her Dynamax Bracelet...[break][break]

It was on his mark.

[break][break]

NOTES

- OUTFIT, TRACK: Thalia Beach[break]
- GIMMICK: DYNAMAX - HP 4/4[break]
- Oh god... it's the Champ. Genny isn't ready... Gordo isn't perturbed... as he arrives, she seems nervous. DYNAMAX REVEAL.

[attr="class","genny1pkmn"]

[attr="class","genny1credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".genny1"]--accent:#FF5349;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 3:40:49 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle becomes equally awkward at genny's show.

"h-hey! no need to get worked up like that."

his poochyena shares the same second hand anxiety that his trainer experienced through the sync from their sygna suit. it barks awkwardly in an attempt to diffuse it.

"this is a match for fun! chill." he takes the poochyena from behind his leg and places it in front of him. "looking forward for the match as well, genevieve."

it felt weird using the entire first name, but he felt like has no other option since that's how she introduced herself as and it's only polite to use it.

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
637 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 3:47:01 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]

The bark from the Poochyena, and the fact that Gordo comes over to pat the little yeen on the floofy head has her calm down considerably. Taking a long, much needed inhale, she speaks clearly.[break][break]

"Right. Sorry, just a little starstruck." She gets back to her smile, and returns Gordo, to prepare the Dynamax Bracelet, as she nods.[break][break]

"Let's have a good one, Mr. Lopez! And please, just Genny!"[break][break]

With the explosion of size that comes with the Sandshrew, the big armadillo roars to life, with an immediate MAX ROCKFALL, the Dynamax'd Sandshrew attempting to rain down boulders to get the first advantage![break][break]

thCtS4Y5

[break][break]

NOTES

- GIMMICK: DYNAMAX - HP 4/4[break]
- Genny calms down, Dynamaxes her baby Sandshrew, and has him come at the Pooch with a hail of MAX ROCKFALL. Oh yeah!

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".genny1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 3:56:36 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle covers his mouth with a balled fist as he chuckles.

"i would've used genevieve the entire time if you hadn't corrected me," he'd tell her.

the poochyena, having been small from the start, appears to look even smaller once the opposing sandshrew dynamaxes. this wasn't his first experience with the phenomenon, but it certainly was the first time he saw it happen in a sanctioned match.

"well, do your best, kilo."

the pokemon trembles at the sheer difference in size, but its trainers voice brings it back to reality in a moment.

rocks start falling from the sky, and an attempt to dodge it with shadow sneak is made. it drops into the shadow, popping back up in an attempt to strike the giant sandshrew close up.

jAyqrkvI (+10)
3/3 hp

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
637 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 4:05:48 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]

The Poochyena manages a clean hit, and Gordo is slapped back a bit, the massive armadillo completely aken by the SHADOW SNEAK. Genny's taken by surprise, that Poochyena could move...[break][break]

No wonder he was Champ. Genny's eyes light up happily. If the little cowlick on her head didn't pop up to show it, her face beaming did.[break][break]

"Heh. This is what I've been hoping for!" Gordo may be hurt, but resillience keeps the armadillo grooving. "Sandstorm!" She calls out, still uncertain how this phenomenon even worked herself. Not realizing what Gordo ACTUALLY did was utilize a MAX QUAKE, the previous move already having done the sandstorm itself.[break][break]

The sand slaps into the air, and she holds an arm over her face. But her grin never once lowered.[break][break]

1girMQ6L

[break][break]

NOTES

- GIMMICK: DYNAMAX - HP 3/4[break]
- Yeah, that first impression anxiety? Gone. She's into it. With a MAX QUAKE now that the stadium is sandstormed due to MAX ROCKFALL. Still no idea how Dynamax works!

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 4:19:57 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he shares a smile with his opponent, though the gentle nature of his expression belies the same amount of excitement as genny's grin.

"nice to hear that from you," he'd respond, "but watch this!"

through his sygna suit, pseudo avatarship comes into play. a future sight is unknowingly borrowed from his poochyena, which was difficult to ascertain without the visual cues of the move.

in the mean time, the poochyena continues the show with a leap. the max quake makes it difficult for him to land his move, but it won't stop its play rough at any cost.

QsuWd|lG (+10)
3/3 hp

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
637 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 4:28:59 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]

Was this really what it felt like? Genny felt so much excitement from the fight. This was what it must be like, fighting the Champion of Hoenn! The sheer joy on their faces was electricity, and her hazel eyes looked on lovingly.[break][break]

The Play Rough did little to take the massive Dynamax'd Sandshrew, the armadillo able to respond quickly enough with a screm. "Gyro Ball!" A gloved hand forward, only to have a massive MAX STEELSPIKE array blast out of the ground. Genny's eyes blinking, as she stares on. How the heck does that work?[break][break]

The steel pillars charge out of the ground, slapping upwards as the Sandshrew's Dynamax was starting to fade...[break][break]

ZVdQi4_t

[break][break]

NOTES

- GIMMICK: DYNAMAX - HP 3/4[break]
- The FOUL PLAY is taken, but the Sandshrew slaps back with a MAX STEELSPIKE as its Dynamax begins to fade.[break]
- About to get a lot more fun with smol warfare!

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 5:25:24 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
with future sight shared, the poochyena manages to weave through the attacks, closing the gap once more after it had been thrown away by the quakes from the sandshrew.

it pounces again, this time, ready to play rough once more.

a sudden strike from nowhere manages to hit a blow on another side of the giant sandshrew, creating a diversion for the poochyena's attack to hit again.

kyle makes mental notes of dynamax as the battle goes on. despite being relatively new, genny manages to use it with tact. perhaps he'll borrow her techniques for this fight and refine it for his own later.

aGtWVkq6 (+10)
2/3 hp

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
637 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 5:32:34 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]

Gordo not only is subject to PLAY ROUGH, but the strike manages to hit the shrinking Sandshrew as the armadillo is thrown back into his normal size, unable to continue the DYNAMAX, the little armadillo forced to quickly roll onto the ground. While the Dynamax gave him a little extra energy to keep himself aflaot, the Sandshrew quickly shreds.[break][break]

"Shake it off, Gordo, and come at the Poochyena with your signature!" The Sandshrew spins and begins his onslaught of ROLLOUT, racing as fast as he can to slam into the Poochyena.[break][break]

OjVAAqQj

[break][break]

NOTES

- GIMMICK: DYNAMAX - HP 2/4[break]
- Gordo is knocked out of Dynamax as per the 3 turn timer, and begins to spin and spin hard, as the Sandshrew comes in.[break]
- ROLLOUT time, time for a much more normal-sized smol fight.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 5:48:55 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"well, this might be more difficult now."

had his poochyena not have the support from the sygna suit, kyle was certain that the sandshrew could easily have the upper hand. unfortunately for genny, one on one battles was one of the scenarios where it shines.

kyle activates TRAINER MOVE: PHYSICAL SHIELD, giving the poochyena extra protection against the rollout.

the dark-type doesn't stop at just deflecting the attack. it turns around and hits the sandshrew away with its hip through dragon hammer to send it back.

1i_l7LnG (+10)
2/3 hp

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
637 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 6:15:21 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]

The DRAGON HAMMER comes out of left field, but almost as soon as it hits Gordo, the armadillo ball dribbles back and slaps back into the Poochyena, the Sandshrew slapping upwards, as it spins into the air.[break][break]

Though it requires a little more slamming, that earlier MAX ROCKFALL activated SAND RUSH with its sandstorm, allowing Gordo to quickly get the upper hand, as it tears back in, spinning and making a wide-arc to find its way to strike back at the Poochyena.[break][break]

Gordo was tired. Already drained of stamina from the Dynamax, but if it could just make one direct hit, it could take home the victory for Genny! With all his might, it attempts to go in one more time for a ROLLOUT![break][break]

FeKN39c0

[break][break]

NOTES

- GIMMICK: DYNAMAX - HP 2/4[break]
- Even as the DRAGON HAMMER hits, the brunt of the strike of a ROLLOUT slaps back quickly.[break]
- Now in the air, the Sandshrew tears as much as it can with SAND RUSH speeding him up, coming in for one more ROLLOUT!

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 19:27:40 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
unironically, fighting the sandshrew as a dynamaxed pokemon was much easier to deal with.

"pog? are you going to do it, kilo?" he hypes his poochyena. "is he going to make the comeback?"

this was the ground-type's domain now. taking another hit at this point of the fight would take a miracle.

the poochyena wouldn't give up, however. it howls as a last hurrah and charges straight at the speeding ball of rollout. it faces the move head on with a wish on the way.

okd5Js7P (+10)
1/3 hp

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
637 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 21:13:42 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]

Kilo was giving it their all. Genny was awestruck the moment that Kilo managed to charge right into the sped-up ROLLOUT, but the moment the impact was given, Gordo flew backwards, bouncing and landing painfully on his back.[break][break]

Genny wasn't sure which way that was going to go. But this...[break][break]

This was what it was like, wasn't it? The pinnacle of Championship. Every Pokemon, their own strength. Each one, harnessing so much more. She was proud of Gordo.[break][break]

'So this is strength, huh?' she thinks to herself, excitement pounding at her chest, her heart haywire.[break][break]

Pulling down her hat, she grins. One final round of the sandstorm. One final push. As the Sandshrew tore up as much as he could, this last ROLLOUT was it. As Gordo races forward, fast as he can now, kicking up the sand as he goes...[break][break]

Genny can't help but grin at Kyle.[break][break]

'I can't wait to get there myself.'[break][break]

bMf604ZZ

[break][break]

NOTES

- GIMMICK: DYNAMAX - HP 1/4[break]
- Final round (probably). Genny is touched to have met Kyle, and to have had this chance.[break]
- With one final ROLLOUT, sped up by the soon-ending sandstorm... this was it. The final move.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 17:31:22 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
in the most unconventional way, the wish comes through.

the poochyena stands its ground and brute forces its defense against the rollout, backed up by the sudden recovery it received at the opportune moment. it manages to stop the rollout by then, but the sandshrew bounces back.

"it's the moment of truth, ladies and gentlemen," he narrates on his own. "was the last maneuver a strike of luck, or is the clutch in play?"

there's no tricks this time. the poochyena chooses to clash against the sandshrew with play rough instead this time, sharing his trainer's enthusiasm for this casual match by going for the hype plays rather than the winning strategy.

RXkukq3y (+10)
1/3 hp

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
637 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 21:01:40 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]

That's how it goes, huh?[break][break]

Gordo finds himself clashing with the PLAY ROUGH, the little Sandshrew going as hard as he can to ROLLOUT. But, the Poochyena truly did have the strike of luck. With it, the Sandshrew would stand his ground a moment, stopping the rolling.[break][break]

With a tiny waddle upwards, he puts one little hand on Kilo's face. One day, the armadillo wants a rematch. He hopes the Poochyena... knows that...[break][break]

The Sandshrew falls. Knockout.[break][break]

Genny watched the entire time, and though a smile wiped from her lips watching with hitched breath, she was proud. Walking up to Gordo, and hoisting him into a carry, she moves towards Kyle, moving to scritch Kilo on the head, before holding her hand out.[break][break]

Her smile returned. "That was incredible, Mr. Lopez. I've still got a ways to go," but I will reach the top.

[break][break]

NOTES

- GIMMICK: DYNAMAX - HP 0/4 - DEFEAT[break]
- Gordo, in his last moments awake, moves to pat Kilo on the head for a good match. Passes out.[break]
- Genny comes over, scritches on the Poochyena's head, before heading to Kyle, hand outstretched. Good ending for Genny!

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]