awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
VCT: Andrea vs Marianne
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 15:57:36 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Never a dull day in Hoenn. When they weren't vying for control over a resurfaced island, or playing the hottest new dating sim on their phones, the region's denizens liked to battle!

Andrea had signed up for the Vital City Tournament, and was on the lookout for her first challenger. With her Sygna Suit and a shiny Hydreigon in tow, she stuck out like a sore thumb, additionally holding up a sign that said:

Please battle me :3

Eventually, a challenger did come, the flamboyant cosplayer greeting them with a bright smile. "Hi there! I'm Andrea and this is my friend Chomper! Let's have a fun battle, shall we?"

Chomper's HP: 3/3

GIMMICK: Sygna Suit users receive a +10 modifier on every single roll they make.
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Mary, Annie
She/Her
July 8
Lilycove City
Demisexual
Museum Coordinator
Civilian
WORK WIFE
it's all for you
5'2" height
5'2" height
couldn't possibly tell you how i feel, cuz i'm shy shy shy
awards
109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marianne
Marianne Lovelace
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 18:26:14 GMT
Marianne Lovelace Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","maritest"]
[attr="class","body"]

Wow! Lilycove really had gone all out on their budget this year! Even hiring mascots?! Marianne paused longer than she should to admire the costuming of the trainer on the corner. Maybe she worked for a company willing to provide entertainers for the upcoming 'Fossil Friends' kids exhibit...[break][break]

And then the woman in the costume was speaking to her, and Marianne blinked, embarrassed at being caught in a moment of distraction.[break][break]

"Oh! Right. Battling. Yes. That is the thing... that we are doing... today."[break][break]

Her far-more-graceful Klefki ascended in position to fight, glittering curiously at her opponent.[break][break]

"Chomper, this is Angel!" Oh. She should introduce herself too, shouldn't she? "And I'm Marianne. Are you..." Her voice lowered with uncertainty and hope. "...some kind a mascot? For Silph Co or something?"

TAGS[break]
NOTES – Vital City Tournament: Andrea vs Marianne!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".maritest"]--accent:#ffb69e;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 18:41:18 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"A mascot?! No I'm not, hehehe!" The draconic cosplayer giggled in a JOLLY manner, playfully twirling around so that the other girl could get a better look at her drip. That costume of hers even came with a fake tail. "This is my Sygna Suit. I'm disguised as a Hydreigon! RAWR~!"

Her roar was synced with that of Chomper. The three-headed drake took flight, zipping around the battlefield like a green and black blur, making it night impossible to predict where he was going to strike from. "Let's kick things off with a Fire Fang!" At its costumed trainer's behest, the speedy dragon tried to gnaw on the enchanted keys with jaws coated in flames.

8L2emJ3z +10

GIMMICK: Sygna Suit users receive a +10 modifier on every single roll they make.
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Mary, Annie
She/Her
July 8
Lilycove City
Demisexual
Museum Coordinator
Civilian
WORK WIFE
it's all for you
5'2" height
5'2" height
awards
109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marianne
Marianne Lovelace
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 19:22:13 GMT
Marianne Lovelace Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"Ooh, a Sygna Suit? That's so cool! I hear that--wah!" Scientific curiosity drowned out with a sudden exclamation as fiery jaws clamped down on her Klefki, who wriggled about with metallic distress in the much-larger Hydreigon's mouth. The sight sent an unexpected surge of adrenaline and panic surging through her.[break][break]

Gosh, Marianne felt rusty. She hadn't done this since, uh... since P.E. (Pokemon Education) in school? Wow. It had been some time.[break][break]

"Uh, I don't have a Sygna Suit, but Angel and I have known each other a long time. So hopefully this works! Um, Angel! Use... FAIRY WIND!"[break][break]

Frantic jangling preceded the gust of FAIRY WIND that blew right into the dragon's three heads, tickling its snouts with a blast of sparkly pink dust.[break][break]

JcM424W6

Klefki HP: 2/3

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".maritest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 20:54:15 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Angel got chomped, but did not go down without a fight, blowing fairy dust in Chomper's face. The Dragon-type hissed, coughing up sparkles and glitter. Oh, he did not like that. Not one bit.

"Uh oh, now you got him all Worked Up." The eccentric trainer remarked. "Uuuhm, Chomper? Maybe you should go easy on them?" She sheepishly suggested.

The Hydreigon roared with RAGE. Go easy on them? Never! He attacked the poor Klefki with a second, even more brutal Fire Fang.

4EtK9mhN +10

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Mary, Annie
She/Her
July 8
Lilycove City
Demisexual
Museum Coordinator
Civilian
WORK WIFE
it's all for you
5'2" height
5'2" height
awards
109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marianne
Marianne Lovelace
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 3:22:10 GMT
Marianne Lovelace Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Eesh. This was going horribly.[break][break]

Marianne scratched her head as she tried to think of answers, only to stare at her Klefki flail about from one flame-ringed jaw to the other. "Think, Marianne, think!" she whispered to herself, but nothing really came to mind. Weren't Fairy-types supposed to be good at this line-up, theoretically?![break][break]

Maybe she wasn't 'grinding' her Pokemon's 'levels' enough, as the kids said.[break][break]

While the trainer struggled with indecision, her Klefki decided to retaliate by PLAYING ROUGH as fiercely as the dragon that had it in its grip![break][break]

Qb6Ssmfk

Klefki HP: 1/3

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 11:03:14 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"S-sorry for that..." The Sygna Suited girl meekly apologized, feeling SORROWFUL for that poor Klefki that was being bullied. How was she supposed to know in advance that her opponent was inexperienced?

Despite the other woman's inexperience, the tiny keychain fought back with all its might. The Brutal Pokémon responded in kind, tightening the grip of his Fire Fang. He too could play rough.

EFHZhAr1 +10

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Mary, Annie
She/Her
July 8
Lilycove City
Demisexual
Museum Coordinator
Civilian
WORK WIFE
it's all for you
5'2" height
5'2" height
awards
109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marianne
Marianne Lovelace
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 20:27:42 GMT
Marianne Lovelace Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

The odds were decidedly not in their favor.[break][break]

This was just proof that you couldn't trust textbook explanations for battles! Fairy-type advantage meant nothing in the face of battle-seasoned Pokemon! Marianne had always tried to keep her head down during the various nonsense the region had endured, but this made her suddenly afraid if a terrible, truly bad thing happened, she might not be able to fend off even the lowliest of Rocket grunts.[break][break]

Oh, dear. Maybe a self-defense course was in order for her New Years' Resolution.[break][break]

"You can't just give up!" she said to the Klefki, hands balled into fists as she crouched near it. "I'm cheering for you!"[break][break]

A METAL SOUND rang loud and clear as her Klefki made a last-ditch attempt to escape the Hydreigon's dastardly plans.[break][break]

The result? A decisive failure.[break][break]

zZHs2WcT

Klefki HP: 0/3

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 20:37:32 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"Ouch... That must've hurt." The young PokéManiac winced. It looked like Angel had taken a pretty heavy hit. Walking up to the Klefki's trainer, she offered her a Revive in a genuine display of good sportsmanship. "Here, use this and she'll be good as new. Good luck on the rest of the tournament!"

Andrea was many things, but sore winner was not one of them. She wanted to make sure her opponent walked out of this exchange having learned something new, and that she wouldn't get completely demoralized by a singular loss.
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Mary, Annie
She/Her
July 8
Lilycove City
Demisexual
Museum Coordinator
Civilian
WORK WIFE
it's all for you
5'2" height
5'2" height
awards
109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marianne
Marianne Lovelace
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 20:49:09 GMT
Marianne Lovelace Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"...Oh," Marianne said softly as her poor Klefki fainted. "I'm so sorry, Angel. We'll do better next time."[break][break]

Usually she took such, such good care of her Pokemon. Rarely did she see them faint, and rarely was it from battles like this one. Her heartstrings tugged a little with guilt that she had failed Angel as a trainer, only for the stranger to give her a Revive.[break][break]

"Thank you. You're such a talented trainer, Andrea. You must battle all the time!" She cradled her newly revived Klefki in her arms, relieved by how quickly the tired thing perked up. "I hope your next battle with Chomper goes well, too. We will give it a real try in our next fight, won't we, Angel?"[break][break]

A pleasant jangling of keys agreed.[break][break]

LOSE

Klefki HP: 0/3

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,943 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 6:12:59 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]VCT COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: