March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Round Fourteen: Shalin vs. Biscotti [VCT]
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 9:03:57 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The competition of Day Two was brutal. Every opponent felt world-class, matches tight and often coming down to a single decision, whether it was human or Pokémon.

Before Shalin had even finished catching her breath after her last match, an announcement blared over the venue's loudspeakers:

"Attention all Vital City Tournament participants. Pairings are up for round fourteen. Pairings are up for round fourteen."

There just wasn't a break for her, was there? This tournament's pace left little room to breathe. Her next round was against... ? Was he secretly a battle prodigy? He sure didn't seem like one.

Taking her place at her assigned arena, she clicked her Poké Ball's switch, the Shiny Beedrill landing next to her and keeping her wings quiet for the time being. "Biscotti!" Shalin greeted. "Didn't expect to see you make such a deep tournament run!"

Planning to use Mega Evolution!

{WC: 143}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Queen Zing    Beedrill**     ♥♥♥

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Scotti
He/Him
January 23
Wyndon
Bisexual
Cake Decorator
Cadet
I might not feel pain, but I can still bleed.
awards
276 posts
part of
TAG WITH @biscotti
Biscotti Kingsley
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 17:57:51 GMT
Biscotti Kingsley Avatar

[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","bisc"]World-class matches? Arceus, he didn’t know how they were still in this. Or, at least, why he was still in this. Jangle rocked the battlefield. The fire cat’s instincts tended to be right. In a lot of ways, Biscotti was just along for the ride. If not for her, he’d think it’d be how quickly they lost.

With a new round approaching, the brunette stuffed the last of his burrito in his mouth. He also took a few sips of his oversized soda. After choking the mixture down, he turns to his partner. “You good, JJ?” The Incineroar nods. When they move to meet their opponent, his eyes widen with surprise. It’s Shalin. Biscotti remembers how seeing her Type: Null made her feel. The vitriol that spilled from his mouth still stung.

But she didn’t seem to care! With an awkward grin, the teenager rubs at the back of his head. “Hey, Shaylin.” His greeting is more subdued. A stilted laugh smiles. “Me either!” The Incineroar snorted irritably as she stared down the green-on-blue bug. Obviously, the reason was staring him in the face--her. Flames sprouted from her belt as the feline prepared her charge.

[attr="class","bisc"]

[newclass=.bisc b] color: #DF4F52; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.bisc i] color: #DF4F52; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2024 20:43:36 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
There would be little time for banter; the starting horn sounded, Queen Zing taking to the air with a droning noise that overpowered all other sound near the battle court. Aware that the fire-type was deadly in melee, Shalin waved for Queen Zing to keep her distance.

Remain far from the Incineroar she did, building up speed as she zipped from corner to corner. She briefly stopped one of her wings to make a sharp turn, pointing her forelegs toward her foe and launching a TWINEEDLE barrage carrying potent venom.

86SVuQnn

Planning to use Mega Evolution!

{PC: 2}

Queen Zing    Beedrill**     ♥♥♥

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Scotti
He/Him
January 23
Wyndon
Bisexual
Cake Decorator
Cadet
awards
276 posts
part of
TAG WITH @biscotti
Biscotti Kingsley
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 13:10:15 GMT
Biscotti Kingsley Avatar

[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","bisc"]Bees had wings. Righ. That might be a problem. Biscotti watched as the giant insect took to the skies. The storm clouds behind it make its toxic colors pop. “Uh. That’s pretty high up, J. You think you can—” The cat spared her buddy a piercing glare. The irritation stems from both his lack of faith and his boneheaded habit of stating the obvious.

The brunette took the anger in stride. “Right.” He chuckled. “Sorry.” Just as the cat turned back, the buggy projectiles came into being. With most of her attacks being melee, the dark type only had one thing to do. Maybe they’d correct that next time they swung by the Pokemart. “Go ahead with a—” The cat turned into a whirling ball of fire, Flare Blitz. “That.”

TzOMDlBB

[attr="class","bisc"]

[newclass=.bisc b] color: #DF4F52; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.bisc i] color: #DF4F52; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 20:37:09 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
This was the first time Shalin had seen Biscotti battle. The baker's relative autonomy with his Pokémon was impressive. Was he a baker by day and a Pokémon trainer by night? As fast as her wings could carry her, they couldn't get her out of the way of the equally speedy attack. Queen Zing fanned her wings loudly but only made the problem worse.

Shalin had to intervene.

The Captain raised her index and middle fingers above her head, touching the KEY STONE of her MEGA CIRCLET. Both her and her green wasp glowed a brilliant purple-pink, draped in the light of MEGA EVOLUTION. Boasting five stings instead of three, and more importantly, a new carapace that wasn't on fire, the aggravated insect's four foreleg stings whirled toward the Incineroar in a terrifying DRILL RUN.

KTPPBWfn+20

Mega Evolution 1/2!

{PC: 3}

Queen Zing    Beedrill**     ♥♥

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Scotti
He/Him
January 23
Wyndon
Bisexual
Cake Decorator
Cadet
awards
276 posts
part of
TAG WITH @biscotti
Biscotti Kingsley
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 0:43:08 GMT
Biscotti Kingsley Avatar

[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","bisc"]The Incineroar felt a sense of satisfaction as its attack landed. Flames gnawed at the Beedrill’s carapace as both partners watched its hearts drop from three to two. Too high my striped arse, Scotti. An assured nod followed as she dropped back to the concrete below. Little sparks flew off her heels. Patches of bare fur showed where the attack bit back, little blisters already forming on Jangle’s dark skin.

Unfortunately, the drop didn’t give her much room to reposition herself. A blinding light draped over the insect. Then, it burst free. An, as usual, Captain Obvious swooped in. “A mega!” The feline barely had any time to glare as Queen Zing swooped. I have to keep some of those off of me. With a snarl, the feline lifted her arms in a Cross Chop. The powerful fighting-type moves aim to fend off at least one or two drills.

ENWHnEqr

Notes
♥♥

[attr="class","bisc"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 6:48:47 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
With the two being in close range, there was little Queen Zing could to but try to tilt her whirling, rotating stings in the direction of the Incineroar's incoming arms. Though the might skewer the fire-type for a moment, the hulking feline's sheer strength would prove to dislodge Queen Zing, sending her flying and forcing Shalin to duck underneath her.

Steaming mad, the green wasp zipped toward her burning foe again, extending the needles of all four of her foreleg stings. As she zoomed closer, she began haphazardly flailing and POISON JABBING with them. She wouldn't need to pump much venom into the Incineroar as long as the venom from her previous attacks was still working.

piRivGcl+20

Mega Evolution 2/2!

{WC: 116}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Scotti
He/Him
January 23
Wyndon
Bisexual
Cake Decorator
Cadet
awards
276 posts
part of
TAG WITH @biscotti
Biscotti Kingsley
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2024 18:23:37 GMT
Biscotti Kingsley Avatar

[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","bisc"]With a roar, the cat sends the radioactive bee spinning away. Her fiery eyes stare the overgrown fly down as it rights itself. Though somewhat recovered, the poison left her left arm feeling heavy. As if she’d slept on it wrong. As her opponent regrouped, the Incineroar flexed her arms. Clawed fingers gave a few rolls as she tried to assess the damage. The gouge in her shoulder burned.

Then, the sound of the approaching bee swelled to a crescendo. With barely any time to think, the cat responded on instinct. She alternated between various punching attacks to knock the flurry of venom aside. A cross-chop to the top two and a Drain Punch at the central one. Knowing that this only delayed the inevitable, the cat tried to get herself some breathing room. All the while, the poison crept up her limbs like a slug through a prized garden.

In a desperate haymaker, the cat finished with another Drain Punch.

ZTRPbgBg

Notes
♥♥

[attr="class","bisc"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2024 16:04:39 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The reckless wasp extended her FELL STINGER to meet the Incineroar's fists; were they to strike, they, too, would become filled with burning venom. It was a small price to pay, though; the punches were perfectly timed with Queen Zing's thrusts, knocking her out of her apex form during the series of brutal exchanges.

Her blue, compound eyes flickering, Queen Zing was not in good shape. The fiery furball couldn't be in much better shape, having been stung multiple times. It would only be a matter of time before it keeled over, but the question was would it be within the match's time limit? Feeling the time pressure, she briefly turned around to loose a TWINEEDLE volley before continuing to flee, letting the venom wear her enemy out.

|7yw3|Wo

{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Scotti
He/Him
January 23
Wyndon
Bisexual
Cake Decorator
Cadet
awards
276 posts
part of
TAG WITH @biscotti
Biscotti Kingsley
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 2:18:04 GMT
Biscotti Kingsley Avatar

[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","bisc"]The cat jerked back with a hiss as something like a hot needle skated into one of her knuckles. Immediately, that hand lit up like hellfire. It felt like a dozen fire ants gnawing at her bones.

For a moment, she clutched her hand to her chest. The heat within in somehow soothed the sensation spreading up her arm. Just a bit more. With a winded huff, the cat forced itself straight. “Come on, Jangle!” This whole thing started because he wanted to show Shalin that you didn’t have to resort to underhanded stuff to be strong.

What did it mean if he lost here? Sure, it hadn’t been that long, but he hoped he’d gotten tougher than that. A deep breath steadied him as he prepared to lose. To give her a cheer and shake her hand.

Seeing her opponent fleeing, the Incineroar’s will pushed it into a frontward charge. Her fur changed texture as what looked like wings burst from her ankles. With her waning strength, Jangle lunged at the Beedrrill with Acrobatics. Behind his back, Biscotti crossed his fingers. Any bit of help in the storm.

But that move failed. Spectacularly.
mcy8GWSI

Notes
0/3

[attr="class","bisc"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 18:44:48 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
As feared and painful as the stabbing motion of a Beedrill's sting was, the true pain was not there. It was in the pathogen the Beedrill carried. With seconds to go, the burning sensation became too much for the Incineroar to withstand. She had won... barely.

"Wow, good match, Biscotti," Shalin exhaled after Queen Zing landed, her wings silent. "You had me on the ropes for a while. Good luck with the rest of your matches today. Maybe we'll see each other for lunch after round eighteen. Who knows?"

{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Scotti
He/Him
January 23
Wyndon
Bisexual
Cake Decorator
Cadet
awards
276 posts
part of
TAG WITH @biscotti
Biscotti Kingsley
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2024 0:21:58 GMT
Biscotti Kingsley Avatar

[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","bisc"]Jangle’s face is equal parts embarrassed and frustrated. There are hints of tears in the Incineroar’s eyes. From her knees, the fire-type collapses back into a clumsy sit.

The numb arm is cradled against her chest as she glares sulkily at her trainer. It wasn’t like JJ cared that she lost. It just sucked that it’d been to a bug, one she’d been so close to beating. Then, there was the matter of what this girl had done.

A scarred hand landed gently on the cat’s shoulder. Biscotti squeezed Jangle as he turned to Shalin. “Uh, thanks.” The young man murmured. “You too.” He gestured across a nearby square to where the vendor booths sit. Though not visible from here, there’s a cute one with “If you get peckish, we’ve got a stand over there.”

They could use the extra cash. “Me and Jangle are going to take a break for a little bit.” Hopefully, the line at the clinic wasn’t too long. With a grunt, he tried his best to haul his cat to her feet. Sagging under her weight, the brunette made his way to the nearest doctor. He doubted this stuff was too dangerous, but he wouldn’t know. Pain wasn’t something he got.

[attr="class","bisc"]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights