Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
if the path to strength is filled with dismay, i will evolve.
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
VCT: Genny vs Lash
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 21:02:43 GMT
Genevieve Cromwell Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]
[attr="class","genny1body"]

New day, new her. Genny's stretching for the morning, and Gordo and her just get out of the Pokemon Center. Gordo was in top-fighting shape, and now, the two had some more rounds to win. Walking through the cloudy city, Genny glances around.[break][break]

So many battles... she's bright, bubbly, and enjoying what she sees when she comes across someone not in a battle... Gordo immediately hops out of her arms, and spins in his ball, tearing against the hardened cement at the ready.[break][break]

"Hey," Genny calls out, a big, happy looking grin over her glossy lips. "Wanna battle?"[break][break]

Tenth match. Versus Lasciel.

[break][break]

NOTES

- OUTFIT, TRACK: Magikarp Festival[break]
- GIMMICK: DYNAMAX - HP 4/4[break]
- New day, new Genny. As she and Gordo exit the Pokemon Center, and look for a challenger... spot a girl. ITS ON.

[attr="class","genny1pkmn"]

[attr="class","genny1credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".genny1"]--accent:#FF5349;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Lime

Lash
female
31 (appears way younger due to distortion)
August 17
Virbank City
bi
unemployed
civilian
22 height
22 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
171 posts
Lasciel Elis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lime6
Lasciel Elis
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 21:51:55 GMT
Lasciel Elis Avatar
Oh. Was that the fabled moment? When two people’s met and it was love at first sight? No, of course not. This was a battle area! Meeting someone meant fighting them. That was more like it.

Especially when someone just asked nicely, being all bright and sunny. It was not quite Lash’s disposition, but she did not hate it – as long as the other party did not treat her like a child. Then again, she could answer with a smile, too.

“Sure, me and Lyca take on all challengers. Though I did want to grab a bite first, hmn…ah, well, I can go after. Wanna join in on that?” Lash did want to get to know a few people in this stupid new form she had acquired, so she was kind of using this tournament for that sake, too.

HP: 3/3
Z-Move on standby

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 22:47:11 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]

With the agreement on food, Genny smiles wide. "Sure! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day!" It'd be nice to get a bite too, after their match. A little workout in the morning never hurts anyone.[break][break]

And with that agreement, and a Lycanroc of her own, Genny returns her Sandshrew, and immediately goes in for a Dynamax, expanding her little armadillo, into a big giant.[break][break]

"Let's see what you got then." With the match about to begin...[break][break]

Her eyes half-lidded with a little confidence in her smile, she calls out. A different tactic than normal, due to the opposing Lycanroc.[break][break]

"Quake!" And with her yell, came in the MAX QUAKE, to keep that pupper on their toes.[break][break]

E0rrquBN

[break][break]

NOTES

- Genny made a new friend! YEYEYE. With that, she starts with DYNAMAX, expands, and comes in with the MAX QUAKE!

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".genny1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lime

Shizu, Theo
female
bi
chemist
grunt
44 height
44 height
awards
118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime5
Shizue Murasaki
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 22:56:22 GMT
Shizue Murasaki Avatar
Well, that was a good sign already. Eating with others was good – in places like this. Lash liked eating on her own if she was on her own. But being alone in a huge crowd like this was just kind of depressing, so she appreciated having company for this.

As long as their fight did not leave them embittered rivals. Unlikely, given how the other acted so far. But one never knew. Sometimes the friendliest people ended up being the, um, saltiest? That was what kids these days said, right?

Anyway, combat. Focus. Her opponent was already busy using her own Pokemon to grow to giant size. “Well, that is one big Shrew,” Lash noted, though she was not exactly in awe. It was big. So what?

Still, a big quake was bad news. She could not follow her usual tactic like this either. “Try to get airborne and away from that. Rock Slide in midair!” Her orders were clear enough, but she hoped Lyca got them in time, given that they usually started with something else entirely.

HP: 3/3
Z-Move on standby
Using Rock Slide

WAPMM|HC
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 2:04:31 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]

Things were going well, and despite dealing with the ROCK SLIDE, Gordo was able to take it in his massive form, and dish it back cleanly. As soon as the Lycanroc jumps upwards to get airborne, Genny takes the idea nd runs with it.[break][break]

"You heard her, give em the rocks!" In return, as the Sandshrew throws his head back and bellows out, the cascading rocks of a MAX ROCKFALL come in, beginning the sandstorm whipping around them.[break][break]

Mv0XLCyK

[break][break]

NOTES

- After taking the ROCK SLIDE, an unperturbed Gordo fires back with a MAX ROCKFALL in return!

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Lime

Lash
female
August 17
Virbank City
bi
unemployed
civilian
22 height
22 height
awards
171 posts
Lasciel Elis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lime6
Lasciel Elis
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 18:56:24 GMT
Lasciel Elis Avatar
Ugh. This new gimmick was annoying. Just throwing around massive rocks like this, how rude. But that just meant that she had a chance to try her own against it. “Well, if you want more rocks, I got more rocks,” Lash replied, raiding her arm and activating her Z bracelet.

Once that was done, she struck the rock pose, infusing Lyca with more power. It howled, quite loudly, and tried to channel that into a rising cascade of rocks of her own, sending Splintering Stoneshards to meet the max rockfall.

HP: 2/3
Z-Move in use, +50 to roll
sLMCd9Zx
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 6:19:29 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]

More rocks? Genny watches the... was that a Z bracelet? She'd only heard of those, but watching was something else. The Lycanroc was infused with power, meeting in turn the big MAX ROCKFALL in turn with a move of their own, and Genny's haze eyes stared in disbelief.[break][break]

"Whoa." Her jaw was dropping. Even if it seemed Gordo had it, the sheer power output had left the armadillo a little panicked. But as Genny smiles brighter, she turns to the girl, unperturbed.[break][break]

"You gotta show me how you did that after this! Like this, right?" She strikes the same pose again, knowing it wouldn't do anything for Gordo. Who, in turn, made the last of their typical strat with MAX STEELSPIKE, a barrage of steel spikes coming from the ground, coming after Lyca![break][break]

0NTl5UEk

[break][break]

NOTES

- Genny is in LOVE with Z-moves. Wow, that was cool. She wants to do that herself![break]
- Gordo fires off the last of his DYNAMAX big power with a MAX STEELSPIKE! BAM. Good luck, Lyca!

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Lime

Lash
female
August 17
Virbank City
bi
unemployed
civilian
22 height
22 height
awards
171 posts
Lasciel Elis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lime6
Lasciel Elis
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 21:51:23 GMT
Lasciel Elis Avatar
Ugh. It was kind of nice that the other was impressed. But Lash was a little disappointed. She had hoped for that attack to actually punch through, but it diverted some of the power of the rock attack at best. At least that was what these vital points indicated. Dynamax was another broken thing she had to look into, apparently.

But, eh, she was still convinced that this was mostly a contest of luck. A stat that she definitely was not proficient in. Otherwise, she would not have lost herself, after all. But that just meant she had to take opportunities where she could get them. “I mean, I can show you. But only over lunch, which you will invite me to, got that? Also, Lyca, just put it all on one card and Accelerock this!” The Lycanroc would comply. Unfazed by the incoming steel spike and huge size of the armadillo, it tried to leverage superior speed and tried to interrupt the whole thing with the speediest of headbutts.

HP: 1/3
Z-Move used up
Accelerock used
VjCaqa8W
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 4:02:12 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]

Oh there was a stroke of luck for Lyca yet, because the moment those spikes had gotten out of the ground, the ACCELEROCK not only collides, but the Dynamax happens to end JUST at the right moment. And with it, the tiny armadillo took a direct hit, flying back and into the city streets.[break][break]

And Genny turns her head. "Oh wow. Gordo got some serious air..." Old term an ex-boyfriend of her's used from Alola. But turning her head back to Lasciel, she grins.[break][break]

"I gotta teach my Lycanroc that!" Before long, the smol armadillo begins to tear into the pavement with a SAND RUSH-POWERED ROLLOUT, intent to close the distance, and slap the pup back with everything he had![break][break]

LZ1bvTUm

[break][break]

NOTES

- GIMMICK: DYNAMAX - HP 3/4[break]
- That ACCELEROCK sends that armadillo flying into the streets. Wowee, that's some air.[break]
- Gordo comes back with a SAND RUSH-POWERED ROLLOUT, and flies in to give that damage right back!

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Lime

Lash
female
August 17
Virbank City
bi
unemployed
civilian
22 height
22 height
awards
171 posts
Lasciel Elis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lime6
Lasciel Elis
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 18:36:40 GMT
Lasciel Elis Avatar
Oh, so it was over now? Interesting. But she figured it was just as well anyway. The counter showed the other to still be at three points, which probably was what this was all about. It had clearly taken this hit badly and Lyca had not lost her last point. So, it had to be what this gimmick was about, in the end.

But that did not help too much. “Gordo got what?” Her reply belied an unfamiliarity with whatever slang this was, but she left it at that for the time being. Instead, she focused on the battle while rubbing the back of her hand. “Double Team and try to evade that. If possible, Sucker Punch it after,” she ordered the rocky dog which would try to do just that. It was already injured though, so it possibly would not work anyway. Still, they had to try at least.

HP: 1/3
Z-Move used up
Sucker Punch used
j43YX|0I
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 4:00:41 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]

Gordo makes his mark, and after that final ROLLOUT, the armadillo, shaking his tiny head, pokes out of his ball, splayed onto the ground. First match of the morning, this was tiresome. He wants food already! The Sandshrew's stomach begins to make the rumblies only McDonalds can fix.[break][break]

Genny, taking a leap and stride to get closer to Lasciel, holds a hand out to her, the match now decided.[break][break]

"Breakfast, right? On me!"[break][break]

Big, big toothy grin. A new friend indeed!

[break][break]

NOTES

- GIMMICK: DYNAMAX - HP 3/4 - VICTORY[break]
- After the move is made, Gordo is splayed out. He wants BREAKY.[break]
- Genny, racing out to go take Lasciel's hand, offers breakfast. She'll pay!

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]E4zzS9H1
close tab

played by

Lime

Lash
female
August 17
Virbank City
bi
unemployed
civilian
22 height
22 height
awards
171 posts
Lasciel Elis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lime6
Lasciel Elis
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2024 23:08:45 GMT
Lasciel Elis Avatar
Well, that did not go so well. But she had experienced that new thing, so there was that at least. Plus, she had shown that she could keep up, maybe even earning some respect from this woman.

Lash still did not quite know what to make of that. But she never said no to free food. Hence, she took that hand and shook it. “Breakfast does sound good, yes. Battling always leaves one hungry,” she noted, though Lyca probably would complain, had she not been recalled for now. A bit of rest would do the Pokemon good. Always important after going for a Z-Move. Which was one of the reasons why she was not trying to win here. The randomness of battles meant that doing as many as possible was likely the best strategy. And that was not something she wanted to push onto her Pokemon.

HP: 0/3
Z-Move Status
loss
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,032 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2024 4:48:47 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]VCT COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: