Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
NOAHOWARD BEGINS: Noah v. Howard [VCT]
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 10:30:46 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Howard had finally met his match.

He had crossed mountains, rivers, deserts, an erupting volcano, a swamp with a violent bear, an island with a sentient iceberg on it, and had crossed his apartment without turning a single light on. The archaeologist was, in many ways, unstoppable. In even more numerous ways, he was very stoppable. Battling, for one, was an instance where he was unfathomably stoppable. Yet for once in his life, Howard was in awe.

In awe that he had finally found a fan of that was bigger than him.

Howard had Kyle Lopez bobbleheads, keychains, a traffic ticket with the Top Champion's signature on it, the elusive Kyle Lopez coin that had only been minted once, and a copy of Varoom Kart that had allegedly been signed by Hoenn's finest. Hell, he had even eaten the elusive Ho-Oh Microwave Meal that had been sold on late night television.

Noah Faber? He was a Kyle Lopez superfan.

Howard was screwed.

He hadn't even signed up for this tournament. He was covering for some Howard Slate that he had never met due to a tournament hiccup. Fighting Verdanturf's Gym Leader? Difficult. Nonetheless, it wasn't like he could run away now. He had a basic shred of dignity to protect.

"You ready to square up?" Howard waved at the Gym Leader from across the arena while his Larvitar ate a rock. "Is there a surrender flag I can wave for when you thrash me?"

HP: 3/3
MECHANIC: NONE

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,529 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2024 1:30:28 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
the secret is that howard slate (sp?) has usurped noah in the superfan rankings. once upon time, the verdanturf gym leader owned manufatured polaroids. glossy posters. the coin that had only been minted once, yes.[break][break]

but such memorabilia sheds its celebrity by the domestic hour. magazine spreads are replaced by blurred selfies. limited coins are supplanted by the dull lint collected in laundered pant pockets.[break][break]

most damningly, noah does not possess a traffic ticket with kyle's name.[break][break]

"hey, hey, hey, man." sounds of rock crunching punch in between words. "if that's your way of making me underestimate you... it's sorta... working?"[break][break]

his toxicroak stares at rock crumbs.

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"][break]
[break]
4/4 HP (will use dynamax)

[newclass=".noahf"]--accent:#5d8bd5; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/qySCVWd/setticon5.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf blockquote b, .nina blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .noahf blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .widecurve blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 7:55:37 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Damn. Noah had the elusive Kyle Lopez pocket lint? That was impressive. Only Hoenn's millions of citizens had such a rare piece of Kyle memorabilia. Howard even had a few in his pocket right now.

What was the exchange rate on Kyle Lopez tickets to pocket lint? He'd need to do some market research into that. There was an eccentric duke a thousand years ago who had collected pocket lint, but Noah didn't need to know about that.

Trust me, Gym Leader. If I was that good at deception, I would've gotten a job in acting. Or as an insurance agent." Or a Rocket. Maybe if he freaked out Verdanturf's Gym Leader enough, Howard could somehow scrape a win off Serizawa. His inadequacy as a trainer was showing. As the Larvitar grew, it grew more and more violent.

The archaeologist could barely tell it what to do anymore.

"Alright, let's have a clean fight. Serizawa, use-"

"LARVITARRRRRRRRRRRRRR!" Serizawa lunged forward, intent on Thrashing the Toxicroak into oblivion. No strategy. No grace. Just a primordial urge to beat something into the dirt until it stopped breathing.

3/3 (NO MECHANICS)
Eo1AZBJh

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,529 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2024 4:42:56 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
noah and his toxicroak watch the larvitar careen towards them like the 99943 meteno. it's a marvel—a car accident waiting to happen, so imminent, so inevitable that the gym leader's eyes know not to pull away from it and the vital gear's AR.[break][break]

"awww yeah!" the gym leader says, relishing in the larvitar's aggression. "that's what i'm talkin' about lil guy!"[break][break]

noah's toxicroak attempts to retaliate. with a crisp ribbit, the frog attempts to cross the larvitar's dash. like a frame pulled from a samurai's single-strke duel, it unsheathes its clawed hands toward the rock skin menace for an X-SCISSOR.[break][break]

"must've ate a spicy rock!"

[break][break]

[break]
iKCKI|Ma[break]
4/4 HP (will use dynamax)

[newclass=".noahf"]--accent:#5d8bd5; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/qySCVWd/setticon5.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf blockquote b, .nina blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .noahf blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .widecurve blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2024 20:11:10 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
At least one of them was pumped for Serizawa. Howard could only watch in absolute horror as Serizawa charged into X-Scissor.

"Serizawa, no! It's a trap!" Howard shouted at him. "Do not listen to him! This is not what we're talkin' about!"

Serizawa seemed to agree with Noah, though, and lunged forward to thrash Kama. Instead, the Larvitar was punted into the sky with the X-Scissor, becoming the Meteno meteorite that Noah knew he could become. Howard rubbed his hands against his temple. His missing eye twitched slightly.

"Good jab, froggy!" Howard gave the Toxicroak a compliment. Hopefully that would fire up...

"LARVI..." Serizawa took a deep breath. "TAAAAAAR!" A Hyper Beam emerged from its mouth, preparing to fire. After a moment's charge, it fired.

"That works." The archaeologist blinked, amazed. "I didn't think that would motivate him."

2/3
CIRCrkYS

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,529 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 1:10:25 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
the HYPER BEAM slams into 's TOXICROAK like a torpedo. unavoidable, swift—and entirely unexpected, the gym leader hides his shock behind a lifted forearm shielding his eyes.[break][break]

"your larvitar can do that?" noah's toxicroak—though assuaged by howard's complimentٳ—struggles to its feet. its arms are heavy like tangled flags. "sorry to have to do this to ya... but i can't risk it with your larvitar being that strong."[break][break]

noah's dynamax band activates as the toxicroak is returned. after, the level ball expands into a planetary ball of dynergy that presses upon his palm. with ease, the verdanturf gym leader hurls the toxicroak back into battle, its cherry-toes scattering rock-litter they battle by.

[break][break]

[break]
Tz24kr1E[break]
3/4 HP (dynamax - hit by hyperbeam!)

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 22:44:57 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"My Larvitar," Howard frowned, "almost threw me out the window this morning. He's a tough fella."

Between Howard's expression and the rampaging Larvitar, it was like he was in a hostage situation. Except instead of being held hostage by a deranged Rocket Grunt, insane person, or kleptomaniac, it was a Larvitar with a craving for Snom Cones with the ability to fire massive lasers from his maw.

"Sorry, what?" Howard's frown deepened. "What're you apologizing fo-"

Howard's eye turned as large as the elusively minted Kyle Lopez coin as a giant frog blocked out the sun.

"RIBBIT...!"

"WHAT THE FUUUUUUU-"

"-TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!"

Serizawa screamed at the colossal Toxicroak, before fearlessly lunging forward to bite the frog's toe with a Crunch.

2/3 (no mechanic)
gCx7tQkH

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,529 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2024 21:34:06 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
noah's great eyes mirror howard's, his jaw craning up with each pulse of his toxicroak's size expansion. [break][break]

"maybe i've overdone it." the gym leader admits under his breath. [break][break]

to see a LARVITAR dwarfed further, against its own will no less, is equal parts pitiful and exciting.[break][break]

yet, noah does not dare underestimate howard's pokemon, especially as it CRUNCHES his frog's toe.[break][break]

"MAX QUAKE!" noah shouts—and so, the world shakes.

[break][break]

[break]
4xH|yOii[break]
3/4 HP (dynamax - hit by hyperbeam!)[break]
noah's toxicroak uses MAX QUAKE.

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2024 6:01:12 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"C'mon, man! That's not fair! Your Toxicroak could kick Serizawa all the way to Dewford!"

His words are muffled under a colossal 'Ribbit' as Serizawa bites onto the toe for dear life. The Larvitar was like a splinter that Noah's Toxicroak had stumbled over. Hardly lethal, but painful. As the Max Quake begins, the world shudders and groans.

It was like the first moments of a world forming, with violent shakes and crashes as tectonic plates were pulled, pushed, and bent under the weight of one another. The difference was that Howard didn't remember a distant screaming as the world was born.

"TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!" Serizawa's mouth is full of Toxicroak flesh as it shakes about due to the tremors. The Larvitar bites down harder, Crunching into flesh with absolute ferocity.

1/3 (no mechanic)
5WqQ7M2M

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,529 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2024 0:17:36 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
it comes as no surprise that a pokemon rumored to be able to devour mountains possesses a bite equally as acute. and so, despite the discrepancy in size, noah's toxicroak's wail booms in all of its glorious, agonizing bass.[break][break]

"dewford's got enough on its plate already!" noah says. "your larvitar might gobble granite cave whole, not gonna lie."[break][break]

the toxicroak leans downward, its large, round fingers swinging toward the larvitar as if to sweep a pest away.

[break][break]

[break]
1lGmmtPb[break]
3/4 HP (dynamax - CRUNCHED by Larvitar)[break]
noah's toxicroak tries to sweep larvitar away

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2024 2:49:56 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
It's like watching a horror movie.

"RIBBIT!"

Flick.

"TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!" Serizawa let out a scream as he was shot threw the air like a rocket by Noah's Toxicroak's casual sweep. For a Dynamaxed Pokémon, a small motion causes tremors and a minor strike would level buildings. A tiny pest likely viewed a casual sweep from a titan as the end of all things.

Serizawa was no different.

"Serizawa!" Howard nudged the Larvitar unceremoniously with his shoe, as if afraid that Serizawa would rise again and break his ankle. After confirming that Serizawa had finally burned out, the archaeologist heaved up Serizawa and turned to the Gym Leader.

"Thank you for the opportunity!" Howard bowed his head, and silently made a point to avoid Noah on the battlefield moving forward. "You and your Toxicroak were impressive! Let's battle again sometime, ideally with other Pokémon."

0/3 (DEFEAT)
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,529 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2024 4:33:32 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
"maybe i did overdo it." noah watches as his toxicroak shrinks.[break][break]

a bright chime syncs with every degree of reversion. when the toxicroak is returned, the pokeball is warm and tingly on his palm.[break][break]

"hey, no prob man." noah says. "there's no way that larvitar isn't going to grow up to be a beast."[break][break]

evolved or not, the might contained within the basest of forms is not to be underestimated. the 'short' gym leader understands this well.

[break][break]

[break]
3/4 HP[break]
Noah wins +2 vitals.

iFeDBMeE
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,029 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2024 3:21:18 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]VCT COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: