POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 10:53:32 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]
[attr="class","ashley1body"]

How did it ever get here?[break][break]

Right... let's back up.[break][break]

---[break][break]

had just branded Ashley as traitor. Stabbed some blade thing through his leg, and tore up the nerve endings. His left leg, practically bleeding out, he's near the end of his rope, when Reinhardt comes in, and dies for him. All while his Hisuian Zorua, Cocoa, grabs him and PHANTOM FORCEs them out of there.[break][break]

From there, Ashley had to find a way off the submarine. If not, he would have just prolonged the inevitable. But, searching for a way out hadn't been too hard. It left Rocket alert. It left him limping, but he managed it. He ran from the submarine. To Lilycove. Then through the route towards Fortree. Mt. Pyre would stand so ominously in the distance, practically a spire of memory that continued to plague his mind. Where the forever curse kept him alive, wanting to live.[break][break]

The trail of blood would lead the hounds of Rocket to him, but that curse kept him running. It kept him moving, even as the blood gushed from his left leg telling him to stop. Even as his lungs burned more and more. He kept going, screaming bloodier and bloodier murder with each step. He could feel his body wanting to fall. To let himself just bleed out, but that need, that paleolithic instinct of survival kept coming in. His curse.[break][break]

By time he reached the swamps of Route 120, he first remembered stopping. Not because he wanted to, but because the cold rain made the dirt a slippery mud. "SSSSSSSHI-" He tumbled, slamming his body, face first, and tumbled into the rain and mud.[break][break]

The rain grows heavier, pouring over him like a shower of moist regrets ahead of the watery grave.[break][break]

Attempting to get onto his feet led to the agonizing pain of nerves and muscle spasms. He lost a lot of blood on the run here, replaced now with double vision, the agony, and a sprain to ensure that even attempting to get up was like pulling teeth levels of pain. Ashley realized two things.[break][break]

Number one, if he didn't get to a hospital for the leg wound, he was going to die out here, either by blood loss, freezing to death in the cold rain, or by Rocket. Even then, he couldn't guarantee that Rocket would even let him get that far, nerve damage was already going to be something he lived with. Number two, he was alone. Aside from his Pokemon he had on hand now, he could effectively do nothing. A literal sitting Ducklett.[break][break]

So, pulling himself from the mud and bloody depths... he manages to pathetically crawl towards a tree, resting his back against it, as he feel how bad that wound was. And he winces.[break][break]

"Fuck..." he throws his head against the tree, and can see the blood on his hands. But he is not freed yet.[break][break]

When he looks up... the visage of a white-haired woman stares back. Her face haunts her. But walking next to her, is the white-haired man. Specters of the past. Then, flooding his vision, the corpses of those who had been left behind. The politician from his kill in Rocket before. The numerous Rockets who he felled in the failed attempt to hunt down Isaac. His breathing hitches.[break][break]

"What?"[break][break]

Was it the low amount of blood in his body? His eyes feel as if they've sunken, dark bags below, as his pale figure looks about to snap. But the ghosts of the dead follow him. And all of them just stare. They stare, because what else would they do?[break][break]

"Stop looking at me. I got out, didn't I?"[break][break]

It's not enough. He knows it isn't enough. They were here, watching him, as he backs further into the tree bark, digging himself in. The sight of them make him sick, like the bile was just crawling on all fours to get out of his throat, but he kept it in. But damn, did he want to.[break][break]

"Stop... go away. I... I'm not that person anymore."[break][break]

Nothing he says works. They still stare over him, imposing. Unable to get up. Unable to move away.[break][break]

"I tried! I, I didn't... I don't want to die."[break][break]

The panic attack came all at once, his breathing is all over the place, unable to stabilize. When he goes to check his phone, he realizes... it's gone. He had dropped it.[break][break]

"Oh."[break][break]

The panic almost got worse.[break][break]

No bail out this time. No 9-1-1, no safety net. This was it... as his lungs continued to burn, and constrict with little room to breathe, he would feel the walls finally closing it. Out in the open, free of Rocket, and he was just sport now. Game to be hunted, and fed. Who would come after him? ? ? ? ? He wondered. But the cruel twist was, he knew. He already knew. was that sort of bastard.[break][break]

It was going to be , wasn't it? Something about it calms him, soothes him. Finally...[break][break]

He checks his Pokeballs on hand. He can't possibly take Jay on. Not like this. The last time they fought, was that route near Dewford. Ashley had damn near lost his life then. But now, now Jay wouldn't hold anything back.[break][break]

The curse would finally end.[break][break]

...[break][break]

Breath steadying, the rain smacking the ground harder now than ever, he felt himself starting to drift off into the unknown, but forces his eyes to focus on anything. Standing was impossible without adrenaline.[break][break]

Focus.[break][break]

His hand releases the ball for Juliette, his Furfrou. "Find help, girl... please." The Furfrou scurries away, running as fast as she can. To find Ashley some help.[break][break]

Ana, Maple, Magneto, Cocoa, and Juliette. That was the only five he had left... aside from the empty Pokeball of Reinhardt's that stayed on his person. None of them were all that suited for combat, aside from Reinhardt. But they'd give him a fighting chance.[break][break]

Something tells him not though... so he closes his eyes, and leans back. He lets his mind rest...

, [break][break]

NOTES

- OUTFIT, ACCOMPANYING TRACK: Price of Freedom[break]
- Immediately following this thread, Ashley finds himself in rainy swampy Route 120, and going through some blood loss hallucinations. Panic coming.[break]
- He releases Juliette to go find him. The Furfrou runs. Ashley figures it will be Jayden coming after him... soon.[break]
- Closing his eyes, he lets himself drift to sleep.

[attr="class","ashley1pkmn"]

[attr="class","ashley1credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".ashley1"]--accent:#4066E0;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
we'll never get free, lamb to the slaughter
awards
4,140 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
the price of freedom [s][c]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 9:14:10 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","maomao"]
[attr="class","top"]
[attr="class","pkmnlist"]

[attr="class","border"]
[attr="class","lyric"]YOU'LL BE THE RUIN OF ME, WON'T YOU?

[attr="class","textbody"]
[attr="class","quotee"] [break]
Love, can't protect you now [break]
The love that I can feel [break]
It'll only break you down

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1122072528819589190/1193482519576858694/Run_Baby_Run.mp3[/player]

[break][break]

Defected?
[break]

Fingers grip around the phone, ice crackling around the receiver.

[break][break] It's just like all over again. Someone calling him, announcing that one of their own has defected, once again. It is a nightmare that Jayden can't help but relive over and over and over again.

[break][break] By now, the list is endless.

[break][break] He should have expected it after had betrayed him but he had - foolishly - believed it was different. That he was different. That Ashley would not have betrayed him another time, a second time after discarding him so cruelly in the first.

[break][break] Jayden had asked it to once, when they were considering the woes of Ashley's potential. Felix who had thought Ashley could climb through the ranks of SPECTRA, of Rocket, with ease. Jayden had doubted him, and doubted him again when Ashley had come to him, asking for that damned bank mission. Asked him again, when he under performed in SPECTRA, despite Jayden's words of warning.

[break][break] It's just the same as always. It's just the same and yet —

[break] 'It's not the same,' a voice inside him whispered.

[break][break] IT WAS ASH, that voice sneered. He couldn't tell if it was his own voice, or Dmitri's, or the hallucinations that he had thought 's medicine had long since cured. He couldn't even tell if it was the will of his Cursed patron.

[break][break] It coursed through him regardless, cruel, like a stake dragged right through his heart.

[break][break] 'HE BETRAYED YOU. AND ONLY YOU. [break] BECAUSE IT'S YOU.'

[break][break] YOU FAILED, .

[break]

The Furfrou is lucky. She finds just the right person to help Ashley, the one person who cares about him most in the world.

[break][break] At least, that was the way the story would be told. After all, survivors were the only ones who wrote history.

[break][break] And soon, would be dead.

[break][break] "Juliette," the Admin says, by way of greeting, falling upon the sight of a crumbled figure in the distance. He recognizes her immediately — how could he not? There is almost something like a smile on his face, placid. "Is he here?"

[break][break] "Lead me to him."

[break][break] Snow crunches slowly underfoot as he makes his way to , frost beneath his boot turning the ground to frigid ice.

[attr="class","oocbox"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".maomao"] --accent: #7F6779; [/newclass]
[newclass=".maomao"] width: 480px; margin: 0px auto; background: #111; padding-bottom: 10px; position: relative; overflow: hidden; } .maomao b { font-family: Poppins; color: var(--accent); } .maomao i { color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: 0.5px; } .maomao a { color: var(--accent); font: 12px/10px 'Playfair Display'!important; font-weight:600!important; } .maomao:hover .pkmnlist { left: 0px; transition: 1.5s all; } .maomao .pkmnlist { position: absolute; left: -50px; width: 50px; top: 5px; transition: 1.5s all; } .maomao .pkmnlist img { margin-top: -10px; height: 45px; filter: grayscale(1); } .maomao .pkmnlist img:hover { filter: none !important; } .maomao .top { height: 250px; margin: 0px auto; background-image: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/02/6c/e0/026ce08459bb4fe642c90c0bb0188a80.jpg); filter:grayscale(1); background-size: cover; background-position: 50% 30%; } .maomao .lyric { font: 12px/15px 'Playfair Display'; text-align: center; color: #999; letter-spacing: 10px; padding: 0px 30px; } .maomao:hover .lyric span { color: var(--accent); font-style: italic; font-weight:bold; } .maomao .border { background-color: rgba(50, 50, 50, 0.8); padding: 10px 0px 5px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-bottom: 2px solid #333; } .maomao .textbody { margin: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 12.5px/15px 'Roboto'; text-align: justify; color: #ddd; letter-spacing: 0.5px; padding: 30px 50px 10px; border: 1px solid #222; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2); position:relative; } .maomao .oocbox { padding-top:5px; font:11px/11px 'Roboto'; text-align:center; border-top:1px solid #222; margin-top:20px; letter-spacing:10px; } .maomao .oocbox a { font-family: Playfair Display!important; color: #444!important; font-weight: bold; padding-left: 10px; font-weight:600!important; } .maomao .bottom { background-color: var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; opacity: 0.5; height: 20px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".maomao .quotee"] text-align:center; font-family:Playfair Display; text-transform:lowercase; border-bottom:1px solid #1d1d1d; padding-bottom:10px; margin-top:-20px; margin-bottom:5px; } .maomao .quotee i { color:#eee; letter-spacing:1.5px; font:italic 10px/8px 'Playfair Display';[/newclass]

[newclass=.maomao .audiojs]background: #1e1e1e; color: #aaa; border: 1px solid #2a2a2a; margin-bottom: -10px; border-radius: 3px;/newclass]
[newclass=.maomao .audiojs .progress]background: #786477;[/newclass]

[googlefont="Playfair+Display"]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
But I, I will, go on howling and hollow
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 10:13:34 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

Gods of irony truly have a sick twisted sense of humor. Perhaps that's ironic in its own way. But unfortunately for Ash, that god only cares to punish him, and only him. Murphy's Law dictates that anything that can go wrong, will go wrong. Left to themselves, they'll always go from bad to worse. If multiple things can, it will always be the worst of them.[break][break]

It just so happened that to abide by that law, Juliette had to find Jayden. It just so happened that to abide by that law, Juliette had to know the smell Ashley had on Jayden, even if they hadn't been close since his return. It just so happened that to abide by that law, the way she quickly wagged her tail, showed that this was friend and not foe.[break][break]

The lethality of Murphy's Law held a catastrophic edge, coated with intent, oozing with bloodlust. In the perfect storm, Juliette would begin to lead him to Ashley. Unbeknownst the red string of fate she so haphazardly tied around her trainer's neck, tightening it like rope, and inching away the last foothold left.[break][break]

It's when he hears the pitter patter of snow crunching underfoot, that Ashley's silver eyes turn over. When had it started snowing? Shit. How long had he been out?[break][break]

When his eyes focus on Juliette, the fear overtakes. His face goes blue, and the reaper comes to collect his dues. The Reaper looks over him, carrying the face of that which no longer is. A mask hiding the rotting corpse of the boy from Kanto, a monster by the name of Jayden Cross, molded by sins of the father.[break][break]

Murphy, you twisted sonuvabitch.[break][break]

He forces himself to his feet, but the pain jolts in him. There's no more running. There's no chance he can run from this. No, the reaper's eyes are cold and dead, and filled with the betrayal. Ashley can only pin himself to the tree. really did fuck him up.[break][break]

Juliette looked at Ashley, and she whimpers, before turning to Jayden Cross, and shivers and shakes, before growling at him.[break][break]

"I knew it'd be you."[break][break]

The pain in his leg is only second to the one in his chest. A replay of Zev's blade in his head, plays over and over again. The blade that would free this curse tying around his neck tighter and tighter. He doesn't back up, or lean harder. He doesn't try to run.[break][break]

Not anymore.[break][break]

He couldn't shoot his best friend now.[break][break]

He couldn't kill his best friend then.[break][break]

He could never be a Rocket no matter the time.[break][break]

So now the Reaper would take him before he got the chance. But Ashley Shepard wanted to live.[break][break]

One last attempt. He holds his free hand out, the one not clutched to his leg wound, coated red now. "I know you're still in there somewhere. Come with me." There was still coming back from this. There was still redemption for them. They can't fix what's broken, but he wants his Jay back. He wants his friend back. To hell with the sins of the father, may that father burn for the sins he puts upon the son, and give him back the way he was.[break][break]

If only it could ever be that simple.[break][break]

No weapon. No gun, no blade, no switchblade. He could not repeat the mistake. The first scar between them.[break][break]

"You can come back from this," Please. He knows better than to hope. A one in a million chance.

, [break][break]

NOTES

- Juliette, unbeknownst to her, leads Jayden right to Ashley. And unfortunately, upon realizing this, is afraid of Jayden, but tries to protect.[break]
- Ashley gets up, leaning against the tree he's been on. When'd it start snowing? Doesn't matter. He notes how he knew it.[break]
- One last attempt. Desperation, but hopeful, Ashley offers to take Jayden with him. To leave together. Unlike before. They can get out. They aren't too far gone.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".ashley1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,140 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 18:29:40 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","maomao"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","border"]

[player]https://file.garden/ZYU948Fgsgr29bBw/Run%20Baby%20Run.mp3[/player]

[break][break]

'I knew it'd be you.'

[break][break] Did he? Had Ashley wanted it to be him?

[break][break] 'It's because you're weak,' that voice inside of him whispered, growling, as it tried to push it's way to the surface. The voice that he had kept hidden down all this time, had thought it had disappeared with the rest of his anxieties, when he'd become Beast.

[break][break] Back then, he had not expected it, not thought himself capable of it, and yet he was there. Even though Dmitri wasn't there for him, even though Alexei wasn't there for him. He had done it, had proven himself to Rocket in some small, intangible way. He was no longer the mousey, quiet boy that he had once been. He was finally strong — stronger than anyone expected of him.

[break][break] 'It's because you're weak,' that voice reminded him, snarling. 'It's because you're weak that he wishes it was you. Because he knows you'd never kill him.'

[break][break]
You lack conviction.

[break] The same words that had once said to . Except it had applied to him too.

[break][break] But no longer - not today.

[break][break] Violet eyes descended on the fallen form of no other than and he stood over him as his best friend sat there, crumpled in the snow. It was bittersweet.

[break][break] Just like how had left him there, drowning in his own blood.

[break][break] Come with me, he said. Jayden wanted to tell him that. He wanted to tell him to come home, just like he used to tell to.

[break][break] "Ashley."

[break][break] You can come back from this, he said. Jayden wanted to tell him that. He wanted to say that he could protect him if he came back, that he could explain things to and , that this could all be forgiven if he just got over his pride and return.

[break][break] "Ash."

[break][break] That hand reached out for him, and Jayden had no choice but to comply.

[break][break] He reached for him, his fingers wrapping around the other's forearm.

[break][break] For one brief moment, all was good and healed and perfect in the world.

[break][break] Then the ice swiftly catalyzed around him, turning pelting rain into frozen crystal, rapidly extending from his arm and onto .

[break][break] His eyes flashed into a blistering white-blue, bright like an exploding star. Snarling.

[break][break] "Ash, come home."

[attr="class","oocbox"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".maomao"] width: 480px; margin: 0px auto; background: #111; padding-bottom: 10px; position: relative; overflow: hidden; } .maomao b { font-family: Poppins; color: var(--accent); } .maomao i { color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: 0.5px; } .maomao a { color: var(--accent); font: 12px/10px 'Playfair Display'!important; font-weight:600!important; } .maomao:hover .pkmnlist { left: 0px; transition: 1.5s all; } .maomao .pkmnlist { position: absolute; left: -50px; width: 50px; top: 5px; transition: 1.5s all; } .maomao .pkmnlist img { margin-top: -10px; height: 45px; filter: grayscale(1); } .maomao .pkmnlist img:hover { filter: none !important; } .maomao .top { height: 250px; margin: 0px auto; background-image: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/02/6c/e0/026ce08459bb4fe642c90c0bb0188a80.jpg); filter:grayscale(1); background-size: cover; background-position: 50% 30%; } .maomao .lyric { font: 12px/15px 'Playfair Display'; text-align: center; color: #999; letter-spacing: 10px; padding: 0px 30px; } .maomao:hover .lyric span { color: var(--accent); font-style: italic; font-weight:bold; } .maomao .border { background-color: rgba(50, 50, 50, 0.8); padding: 10px 0px 5px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-bottom: 2px solid #333; } .maomao .textbody { margin: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 12.5px/15px 'Roboto'; text-align: justify; color: #ddd; letter-spacing: 0.5px; padding: 30px 50px 10px; border: 1px solid #222; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2); position:relative; } .maomao .oocbox { padding-top:5px; font:11px/11px 'Roboto'; text-align:center; border-top:1px solid #222; margin-top:20px; letter-spacing:10px; } .maomao .oocbox a { font-family: Playfair Display!important; color: #444!important; font-weight: bold; padding-left: 10px; font-weight:600!important; } .maomao .bottom { background-color: var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; opacity: 0.5; height: 20px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".maomao .quotee"] text-align:center; font-family:Playfair Display; text-transform:lowercase; border-bottom:1px solid #1d1d1d; padding-bottom:10px; margin-top:-20px; margin-bottom:5px; } .maomao .quotee i { color:#eee; letter-spacing:1.5px; font:italic 10px/8px 'Playfair Display';[/newclass]

[newclass=.maomao .audiojs]background: #1e1e1e; color: #aaa; border: 1px solid #2a2a2a; margin-bottom: -10px; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.maomao .audiojs .progress]background: #786477 [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 22:07:53 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

It's a shot in the dark. It's unlikely. Hell, it's brazenly fucking stupid. To hope that the Reaper is anything left of Jay. That Jayden Cross was the same boy from before. That the poison wasn't fatal and lethal, leading them to this. But Ashley wants to hope that Jay is still in there. He has to believe it. Because the other alternative is the dead end, and it's coming up fast.[break][break]

It's... in his way he says Ash that breathes life into him. For a moment, it seems to work. And Ashley's lips curve upwards. Jay was in there. He could be saved. He could be taken and it could be fixed. His forearm grabbed, his hope grew.[break][break]

"Jay."[break][break]

Only to nosedive and spiral so expeditiously just seconds later.[break][break]

First came the bloodcurdling scream, the crystal froze his arm, closer to his chest, as his eyes finally look up to meet-[break][break]

The white blue eyes that made sure to know the coffin that buried his friend years ago had truly left him behind. The feeling of hatred, oozing into him. To show him the hatred he feels for Ashley in this moment. And that was when he knew.[break][break]

Jay was gone. He's been gone for a long, long time now.[break][break]

He should have known better. As he rips himself away, and falls backwards, he lands wrong onto his leg, again. And the yell of pain he made, as if to make matters worse, only sounds like that of a corner little animal.[break][break]

"NO!"[break][break]

Grabbing onto his chest now, he can tell. He's not making it out of this swamp alive. And though she's brave, Juliette goes in to HEADBUTT the Reaper standing over him, as Ashley calls out back. "JULIETTE, NO!" As if to make matters worse, two more of his Pokeballs fire out. A Metagross at the ready, ready to end the Reaper before him. A Glaceon at the ready, to protect Ashley at all costs.[break][break]

Not again.[break][break]

Not again.[break][break]

'notagainnotagainnotagain' his breathing gets heavier, faster, as he holds his free hand out. "MAGNETO. MAPLE. STOP!"[break][break]

SNOWSCAPE and METEOR MASH, to aid Juliette. They had to protect Ashley at all fucking costs. Maple, especially. Because if he dies, will never forgive him. The Glaceon's eyes are squinting as he growls out, glaring the Reaper down. No way in hell.[break][break]

Even if they have to kill his former best friend today. Even if. Then so be it. Maple will leave him in an icy coffin. Magneto will smash him into nothing but bits. Juliette will tear into him with everything she has.

, [break][break]

NOTES

- Ashley thinks its worked... and then hell breaks loose, when yay, MORE WOUNDS. As Ashley is bleeding more, he's almost thinking this is it.[break]
- Then Juliette comes in with a HEADBUTT, and Magneto and Maple pop out on protection duty. METEOR MASH and SNOWSCAPE. Time to fight back.[break]
- And it's all coming to a head. This is why he left Rocket to begin with. And what his return started with. Death.[break]
- Maple, specifically, loves Kep, so he's keeping his dumbass boyfriend alive to get him back to him.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,140 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2024 14:11:40 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","maomao"]
[attr="class","top color"]

[attr="class","border"]

[break][break]

How foolish.

[break][break] STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID

[break][break] Later, when he thought about it in the darkness of the night, Jayden would not be able to tell what was worse. Ashley, for being cruel enough for this betrayal, or himself — for being naive enough to believe in him.

[break][break] Rapidly, ice crystals catalyzed around Jayden's own arm and surged towards Ashley in attempt to ensnare them both in the same trap. They were - and had always been - one in the same. Ashley should have known that. He should've seen that. Why didn't he?

[break][break] The other man tears from him with a shout of pain, and his pokemon go out to defend him. FOOLISH. Ruthlessly, a spear of ice plunges into Juliette's heart in a devastating blow. Her life was forfeit the moment that she decides that her trainer's life is worth more than her own, the moment that she decides to choose a meager human over ROCKET.

[break][break] "Stop?" he growled. "You can stop this, Ashley. You can come home."

[break][break] Ashley, not Ash. The world had spun to ice and ash. They were no longer children.

[break][break] Noch's KING'S SHIELD defends against the incoming snowscape and meteor mash, materializing into view. Ice crystallizes around the Shadow Aegislash threatening, just as Jayden grabs the hilt of that blade. He swings broadly, aimed to slice Ashley clean off his head if he does not duck out of the way in time.

[break][break] In his other palm, blue light coalesces into the palm of his hand before surging outwards into a wintry blaze, a torrent of ice crashing into the tree right behind Ashley's own head.

[break][break]

[attr="class","oocbox"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".maomao .color"] filter:grayscale(0)!important;[/newclass]

[newclass=.maomao .audiojs]background: #1e1e1e; color: #aaa; border: 1px solid #2a2a2a; margin-bottom: -10px; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2024 1:11:46 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

STUPID STUPID STUPID.[break][break]

Ashley should have known. That Jay was gone. He should have known the man that stands before him. Yet that little bit of hope. The good that was left in him, corrupts and corrodes. Hope was gone. Hope was gone. Hope was gone.[break][break]

All that's left is survival.[break][break]

Ash has never been a strong contender on the field. He never had been. He kept getting his Pokemon killed, because his skill lied away from that. So, when Juliette was pierced through the heart by a spear of ice, Ashley felt a part of himself die. He watched the life fade from her eyes, the Furfrou dead and gone in a hope to keep Ashley safe.[break][break]

He can come home? Not after this. He can't... the Reaper comes for him. He won't stop till Ashley's a non-problem.[break][break]

Even as the METEOR MASH and SNOWSCAPE come, all Magneto and Maple can do is try. And when the blade comes, Magneto throws an arm out to block in BULLET PUNCH, and Ashley watches the steel type Metagross' arm shred, only for the blue light of ice to crash the tree behind Ash. Maple utilizing a little SNOW CLOAK to make an immediately slope away from Ashley's head out of pure ice. The Glaceon makes his yip.[break][break]

And Ashley collapses towards the snow, grabbing at his leg, as he attempts to crawl. Another Pokeball falls out.[break][break]

The worst it could be.[break][break]

Ana. The Alolan Raichu, springs out, eyes filled with fury towards Jayden, and Ashley felt the stress heighten.[break][break]

"No... Jubilee," he mutters. His heart is in his ears. He has to get away. He has to get away, but she... not again.[break][break]

Ana, however, responds with a PSYCHIC to push Jayden away, as Maple attacks with a CHILLING WATER to freeze Jayden in place.[break][break]

A now torn up Magneto stands between Jayden and Ashley. Ana and Maple stand at his side.[break][break]

"You don't have to do this. JAYDEN. LISTEN TO ME! I'LL GO BACK. I'LL-"[break][break]

No one would listen to a dead man.

, [break][break]

NOTES

- Ashley attempts to get away. Juliette's death immediately affects him, but Magneto keeps him safe, and Maple pushes that tree away with a little icy slope by SNOW CLOAK.[break]
- Falling over and crawling away, Ana the Alolan Raichu comes out. That's PTSD right there.[break]
- Standing in front of Ashley, Magneto, Maple, and Ana all prepare to protect Ashley. No matter what it takes.[break]
- Ashley is pleading. He'll go back. He will, but his Pokemon won't listen.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,140 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 17:29:11 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","maomao"]

[attr="class","border"]

[break][break] Stupid. Foolish. Stupid. Foolish. Stupid. Foolish.

[break][break] HOW COULD YOU TRUST HIM.

[break][break] Snow and ice clashes as the KING'S SHIELD covers them, and the swing of the blade is blocked by the spark of a BULLET PUNCH that comes sailing their way.

[break][break] "Are you running?" he snarls. "Why are you always running away, ASH?"

[break][break] Like a rat, scrambles away, stumbling against the wound that is in his leg. Blood and snow coalesce, a sight that is nearly enough to draw sympathy, but Jayden has none. His heart is an aching crater, empty of any feeling that might have been drawn from him. ROCKET took that from him. Dmitri took that from him. took that from him. took that from him. took that from him.

[break][break] The sudden PSYCHIC blast throws him back away from the now traitorous Rocket, body flying like a ragdoll as the CHILLING WATER attempts solidify him in it's deadly confinement. Yet, the avatar reacts swiftly, raising a hand in defense as he conjures a jagged barrier of ice to ward off the assault. Frigid water splashes against the frozen barricade and Jayden springs forward, expression contorted with HATRED.. Crystalline formations creep across his face, surrounding pallid skin in an ever-growing array of icy shards.

[break][break] begs. cries.

[break][break] It doesn't matter, not anymore.

[break][break] YOU WERE STUPID TO BELIEVE HIM. HE'S A LIAR. A LIAR A LIAR A LIAR —

[break][break] "I should listen to you? You'll go back? Why would I listen to you?"

[break][break] An icy blade whips into his hand, the shape of a bitter falchion.

[break][break] "YOU'RE JUST A LIAR."

[break][break] Called forth by his trainer's resentment, his Hyrreigon materializes. Malevolent energy swells around her as her maw opens, releasing a scorching DRAGON PULSE that scorches through the snow towards 's defense.

[break][break] And just like that, Jayden charges. Once again, his blade swings. Shadows scatter beneath his feet like snake as Noch rears as a SHADOW SNEAK, seeking out to claim whoever remained in his trainer's way.

[break][break]

[attr="class","oocbox"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 18:08:15 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

Shrunken pupils bear his shame, and all Ashley can do is hold onto himself. Magneto, Ana, and Maple sit as the last stand. They would avenge Juliette. They would avenge Reinhardt. To always remember those who came before. The defense of Ashley Shepard, the psychic power, the chilling water, the bullet punch. All of it means nothing.[break][break]

And Ashley watches in horror, as the noose tightens in real time, and the Reaper moves forth. With a Hydreigon firing a DRAGON PULSE, Magneto attempts to defend. And is vaporized with what little strength they have left. Jayden charges, SHADOW SNEAK like a snake, as it attempts to cleave him in two. Ashley waits for it. He waits for it.[break][break]

Ashley's pupils are so small, as they bug out of his head, and all he can do is watch. Ana smiles at him. She charges in-between. His silver eyes begin to pool tears, as they trickle down his face. Maple does his best to keep Ashley safe. He prioritizes his safety first. And Ashley... watches.[break][break]

It's all my fault.[break][break]

"Magneto? Ana?" the pain croaks from his throat like a road-killed frog, as he stares at the body of the Raichu. The only one of the two he can still mourn the body of. His hand is outstretched. Again. Again this all happens. He let it happen again. What was different between now and back then? This cycle of self-loathing, the way she died, the betrayal. The only difference...[break][break]

Is that he was going to die.[break][break]

"..."[break][break]

Then the hysteria hits him. His mind cracks, and buckles under the weight of it. The stress finally gets him. And he can't breathe. He can't breathe.[break][break]

Maple, the last mon standing aside from the slumbering Cocoa, stands between Murderer and Ashley. The Glaceon glares daggers, like little ice knives meant for him. He may die, but he'll die shoving a blade into this bastard's eye if he has to.[break][break]

Instead, as Maple throws his head up, he makes a pained, loud cry. A cry for help. To anyone who would listen.

, [break][break]

NOTES

- And it's tight around his neck. Magneto blocks the DRAGON PULSE and is vaporized. RIP.[break]
- Ana blocks Jayden's SHADOW SNEAK, and is killed. And Ashley is no longer doing good. Ashley becomes hysterical.[break]
- Maple is the last mon standing, and in one desperate final gambit, throws his head back, and cries out for help.[break]
- Tag out.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,140 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2024 3:05:34 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","maomao"]

[attr="class","border"]

[break][break] could've cried all he wanted. His tears would not be heard, not by him, not even by Arceus himself if he'd come down to cast his all-mighty judgement.

[break][break] Ashley's cries would've landed in an empty void — where all dreams went to die.

[break][break] "YOU LIED TO ME. YOU LIED TO ROCKET. YOU LIED TO YOURSELF."

[break][break] As his body crumples into the snow, the admin strides forward with purpose and aims a kick to his spine to throw him back.

[break][break] Hands tightened around the hilt of his sword now, swirling with the might of his words.

[break][break] "I LOVE YOU -" As a friend. As family. As - "AND YOU BETRAYED US ALL."

[break][break] Ice-blue eyes, blazing with endless HATRED, pierced as he lay in crimson-stained snow, with no one else left to save him. Abandoned by all, like the people he'd sought to abandon.

[break][break] For a moment, there was the ghost of the boy that had known in Kanto reflecting in those eyes as ice flickered back into summer violet.

[break][break] I'm sorry, Ash.

[break][break] And then it was the fierce blue again.

[break][break] His sword plunged, a stake into the center of 's heart.

[break]
[attr="class","oocbox"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2024 4:34:39 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","topimage"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Thunder clapped from the heavens above Jayden's blade met its mark. As it faded out, it sounded less like a force of nature and more like an anguished howl.[break][break]

Rain poured from darkened skies, falling softly upon the corpse of Ashley Shepard.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG — @ [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] --color:#c4c067; [/newclass]
[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2024 4:39:10 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

His last moments were electric. His mind snaps to every moment he ever had... with . The way he cutely walked into the grocery with him... the blush on his cheeks at the dorm when he made sushi. The Victor Frankenstein outfit he wore for Halloween... the first night they shared together. He can feel his eyes darken, the bags beneath drooping down, as he recalls the ice skating ring for his birthday, or the booze. The masquerade dance. The baked goods for Valentine's Day. The memory of a son-[break][break]

He...[break][break]

Ashley's eyes fade from light. Kepler was... oh. Right. He had-... in Galar. They-...[break][break]

... ... ... ...[break][break]

Ashley Shepard was dead.

, [break][break]

NOTES

- The last moments of Ashley. He's thinking about his love. Memories of Goodbye Galar.[break]
- Ashley Shepard is officially, at this moment, dead.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,140 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2024 18:31:29 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","maomao"]

[attr="class","border"]

[break][break] Hatred and greed swirled around the CURSED as he gripped the edge of his blade and sunk it into the center of 's heart. As his best friend struggled beneath him, wound gurgling with blood as life seeped out of his eyes, Jayden saw nothing. He heard nothing. He could feel nothing.

[break][break] He expected the feeling of VENGEANCE, the vengeance to fulfill Rocket's goals, the vengeance to fulfill his rightful place in the world.

[break][break] But, watching die before him, he felt nothing.

[break][break] In snowy plains of Route 120, Chien Pao appeared beside him. The cat snarled with desire, slaking it's thirst for the HATRED borne in Jayden's heart like a bee devouring a flower. However, where it expected a puddle of hatred and resentment, it found nothing.

[break][break] The Rocket admin stared down at the dying body of his best friend, memories of their past whirling all around them. The snow began to settle. The cold began to warm.

[break][break] Dread settled into the space where Jayden's heart should've been.

[break][break] was dead.

[break][break] What had he done?

[break][break]

[attr="class","oocbox"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2024 23:19:57 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","topimage"]

[attr="class","textbox"]No.[break][break]

Isaac didn't want to believe it. But who was he to doubt? On most days, he'd barely seen hide nor hair of his patron. The moments where he had tended to be less pleasant reunions and more omens of what was to come. When the normally carefree legend had barely a spark of warmth to its eyes, Isaac knew it must have been a terrible one.[break][break]

Together, they ran like the wind. Suicune's pace was steady and unbroken as always. Isaac's wavered, desperation to push himself past his limits met by stark reminders of how firmly they stood. His lungs burned. His legs shuddered. His heart pounded in his chest. Yet he didn't care about the strain. He knew, if he slowed for but a moment, the pain he felt next would be far, far worse.[break][break]

Premonitions born of Extrasensory presence flashed before Isaac's eyes. A weary man, crumpled to the ground and awaiting a death long deferred. A blackened blade, stained in rime and blood, piercing straight through a broken heart. A blue eye that stared into his very soul, sending a shiver down his spine. Isaac looked to Suicune, but the legend didn't even turn to face him. They simply kept running, their visions speaking for themselves.[break][break]

No words passed between them. There was only a sorrow deeper than the sea.[break][break]

It was over the ridge that Isaac saw them gather. Ashley Shepard, a man he loved like a brother, with a blade pierced clear through his chest. Jayden Cross, a man who loved him like a brother, holding it down and making sure it sunk as deeply as could be. By their side was another; the same beast whose Hatred had sent Isaac to Galar, and who loomed by Jayden's side as he tried to stop from being set free.[break][break]

For a moment, Isaac, too, felt that hatred fester inside of him. A piercing glare from Suicune silenced it as quickly as it started to simmer. How much of his peace and tranquility was relief from his hard-fought freedom, and how much was from Suicune's intervention? For a moment, as Isaac's mind settled back into still, unbroken waters, he realized how unsure he was.[break][break]

He could only imagine how Jayden, literally shadowed by such hatred, must have felt.[break][break]

A part of Isaac was hoping what he'd seen was a lie. He was hoping, as the winds unraveled and he slid to a halt before Jayden, that he was right in time for the second act. Ash would defy the odds, against all expectation, staggering to his feet and pulling the blade from his chest. He'd smirk at Isaac, asking something dumb and cheesy like "Really thought you'd get rid of me this easy?" And then they'd run away together, like they should have all those months ago.[break][break]

Instead, only stillness greeted him, underlined by the cold of the grave. As Isaac beheld the grisly spectacle, and Suicune stared down their opposite number, he put a voice to the words that had been haunting Jayden so.[break][break]

"Ash . . . fuck, what'd we do?"

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG + [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] --color:#c4c067; [/newclass]
[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,140 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2024 19:02:34 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","maomao"]

[attr="class","border"]

[break][break] was a murderer.

[break][break] It was what he had been raised to be, from the moment he was born, straight from the devil's hand. There had been no future that was better suited for him — such was the destined fate of a man like him. His father had given him a knife when he was but a child, taught him the exact ways that he should pierce vessels and veins, to pierce the soft flesh of human's neck.

[break][break] He had killed a great many people in his lifetime, some with intention and some as a result of some sort of consequence. He had hardly felt terrible about it — how could you feel terrible when emotion did not yet exist? Dmitri had been clever to foster a weapon in his son and the truth of the matter was — weapons did not feel.

[break][break] But then . Then . Then all of the little cracks in his mettle, and sure enough, that dastardly thing was boudn to leak through. Feeling.

[break][break] Regret. Resentment. Betrayal.

[break][break] HATRED.

[break][break] How dare do this to him? To them?

[break][break] It was his fault. It was his fault. It was his fault.

[break][break] The life seeped away from 's face and Jayden felt the void swallow him whole. Dread seeped in, encasing his arms into ice. A ferocious HATEFUL storm whipped around him, threatening even to be pulled into it's deadly embrace.

[break][break] had killed a great number of people in his lifetime, but this was different.

[break][break] Ashley was different.

[break][break]

[attr="class","oocbox"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights