Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
VCT: Andrea vs Doug
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 23:48:43 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

VCT

Vs

"Ms. Vaneau!" The shout came from the crowd— directed at one of the most easily identified women in the Hoenn region.

The person shouting her name was waving his arms over the crowd, a scyther following behind him as he approached, dressed from head to toe in scrubs. He had a bright smile on his face as he finally came within talking distance of the dragon girl.

"Hello again! It's been some time, huh?" Quite a bit. "Was a bit surprised when I saw you were my next match! Has the tourney been going well for ya?"

Hopefully better than it was for him.

TL;DR:
Hi Andrea!

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 15:40:00 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
A loading icon appeared over Andrea's head. Who was this handsome male nurse who seemed to know her? After a few seconds delay, she recognized him as Doug. His face looked slightly different than last time, but the scar under this left eye gave him away.

"Hello! It's been a while indeed!" The dragon enthusiast cheerfully waved back at him. "It's going pretty well. Chomper and I are having a lot of fun!" Next to her, her signature shiny Hydreigon was primed and ready for another battle, eyeing Doug's Scyther ferociously.

Chomper's HP: 3/3

GIMMICK: Sygna Suit users receive a +10 modifier on every single roll they make.
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 17:33:18 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

VCT

Vs

He closed his eyes and swallowed down the tears in his heart at the blank gaze he recieved.

Not her fault. You've changed your whole flow since you last met. It's perfectly reasonable to be forgotten. He consoled himself as the dragon gal searched through her archives for a name to place on his face.

Mercifully, she eventually did, sparing him from any further ego bruising.

"Glad to hear! I've met lotsa intense folk since the tourney began." He said, thinking back to and snickering. "Honestly, I was getting worried I might be the only one having fun around 'ere."

He waved at Chomper as Kama, ever temperamental, glared right back at Chomper with enough venom to melt concrete, stopping just short of shoving her face into one of its own.

"Ah, these two look raring to go. Shall we start?" He asked, gesturing with his neck for the dragon girl to follow to a near arena.

Once inside, Doug sauntered to one end with Kama in tow, the Scyther quickly taking her place and lowering her stance, spreading her arms aggressively.

"Ready?" He asked, shouting. "Go!"

Kama launched forward immediately, lunging towards Chomper with both arms glowing a neon green—!

TL;DR:
Kama used Fury Cutter!

0Gxa8CtM

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 17:47:14 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
As they made it to the battling arena, Doug's Scyther had the first move, rushing towards Andrea's ace with its namesake sickles. "Alright, Chomper! It's a Bug-type, so you know what to do!" The dragon-costumed woman cried out.

Empowered by her BRAVERY, the Hydreigon's jaws ignited with flames in preparation of delivering a Fire Fang. However, his opponent was too fast, striking the dragon so hard they sent him hurling through the air. "Oh no!"

tXTxcENA +10

Chomper's HP: 2/3

GIMMICK: Sygna Suit users receive a +10 modifier on every single roll they make.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 17:52:18 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

VCT

Vs

Kama narrowed her gaze as her opponent was hurled back.

Fire— that had been fire in the dragon's maw. Damn it.

"Don't get impatient!" Doug reminded her, hands cupped around his mouth. "You're a bug type, you're used to type disadvantage!"

Right. Keep a cool head, avoid falling into your opponent's rhythm, and keep them under your control.

Kama's scythes blurred, shockwaves suddenly blasting towards Chomper as her scythes cracked along the air.

TL;DR:
Kama used Vacuum Wave!

iPUZxovQ

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 18:02:31 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
The young woman puffed out her cheeks. "I'm not impatient! I'm JOLLY!" She retorted. There was a difference between being enthusiastic and rushing headfirst without a plan, which was ironically what Kama was doing.

Thanks to the power of Andrea's Sygna Suit, Chomper received the burst of speed necessary to match his opponent's breakneck pace, going for another Fire Fang as Doug had so keenly predicted earlier.

P6E5Rb7_ +10

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 18:11:53 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

VCT

Vs

"B-but I wasn't talking to..." Doug fell into a surly silence while Kama got chomped for her reckless efforts, her opponent truly living up to his name.

As searing fangs bit into her chitinous armor, Kama roared and hissed in her best impression of a rabid beast, before attempting to demonstrate to the dragon why one should treat a lady with more tact.

Folding her Scythes inwards, the Scyther attempted to punch the dragon's stomach repeatedly, swinging wildly with her arms like clubs.

TL;DR:
Kama used Close Combat!

vlwHQLLp

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 18:27:58 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"Oops, my bad!" Andrea sheepishly rubbed the back of her head after realizing that she'd gotten worked up over nothing.

Chomper, on the other hand, got Worked Up for an actual reason. His opponent wanted to fight him in close quarters? Fine, it was their funeral. Just because the Hydreigon had a large gut courtesy of consuming a dozen meatball subs a day didn't mean that he was a slouch.

"Give it to them, Chomper! Outrage!" The Sygna Suited girl exclaimed, as her partner countered Kama's wild assault with his own brand of brutality.

XT018|7_ +10

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 18:50:40 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

VCT

Vs

With her opponent thrashing about and making a very firm case for weight classes, Kama found herself in very unfortunate circumstances— unfortunate enough that she really had no choice but to go all out for real.

Otherwise known as—

A crimson aura rose around the Scyther before gathering around her scythes, her eyes narrowing as she released a furious roar and began to swing her arms wildly, throwing about walls of high-pressured wind around herself.

TL;DR:
Kama used Z-move:Heaven Cleaver!

25vMzaZ4+50

1/3 hp

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 20:10:46 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"A-a Z-Move?!" Blurted out Andrea in shock. This was bad. No matter how insanely lucky they'd been throughout the whole tournament, there was absolutely no way Chomper was walking away from this unscathed. Best thing they could do was BOLDLY brace themselves and try to minimize the damage as much as humanly--or Pokémonly possible.

"Tough it out, Chomper!" The draconic trainer cried out. The thing about Z-Moves was they could only be used once. As long as her partner didn't faint from this, there was always room for a comeback.

ROynQlRa +10

Chomper's HP: 1/3

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 20:16:25 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

VCT

Vs

It came down to this. One last clash.

Based on their tournament record alone— this was not in Kama's favor. They were praying for a miracle here.

"Do your best, Kama!" He shouted as his Scyther threw herself forward, lunging towards her opponent for one last blow.

TL;DR:
Kama used Close Combat!

MiIX50fF+prayers

1/3 hp

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 20:24:23 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"Do your bestest, Chomper!" Andrea shouted at her Hydreigon in turn. It had come down to this; both combatants were on their last leg. The next move would decide everything. No matter the outcome of this battle, she was gonna be BRAVE till the end.

The Brutal Pokémon was boosted by the mutual flow of Infinity Energy. Getting insanely Worked Up, he lunged back at the lunging Scyther with one last Outrage. They were both evenly matched, but only one of them could walk out the victor.

And it wasn't Chomper, unfortunately. Losing the contest of strength by a hair, the mighty dragon succumbed to his injuries, fainting on the floor.

ZLmk4VYo +10

Chomper's HP: 0/3

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 23:21:31 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

VCT

Vs

"Hoooh..." He released the breath he hadn't realized he was holding, eyes wide as Chomper collapsed after a hell of a close contest. "Kama won... Oh, shit! Kama, you won!"

It came belated; how could it not, when the tourney had been so rough until now for them? This was the first win in a while they had managed to snag, and it took him a moment to realize just how important this would be for Kama. Running up to her excitedly, the youth grabbed his pokemon by the waist and lifted the exhausted, equally surprised Scyther in the air.

"You did it, Kama!" He shouted cheerfully, to which the Scyther could only slowly blink, before raising her scythes in the air, basking in a short moment of glory.

Placing her back down on the floor, Doug turned back to his opponent before jogging up to her, waving.

"Hey! You guys did great back there. Thanks for the match!"

TL;DR:
Thanks for the match, kost! :pepechu:

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2024 11:54:02 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Andrea WORRIEDLY rushed to her partner's aid, giving him a Revive followed by gradual healing courtesy of her Sygna Suit. The Hydreigon groggily opened his eyes, licking his trainer's face to show his gratitude. The girl giggled. "Heh. You did your best, Chomper. We'll get them next time."

Watching Doug celebrate by giving his Scyther the bearhug of the century, the young PokéManiac couldn't help but smile widely. With such a wholesome sight, how could she be mad about losing. "You're welcome! It was a great battle! Good luck with the rest of the tournament!" She said, flashing a thumbs up at the duo.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,962 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2024 5:48:46 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]VCT COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: