awards
1,810 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Detox [M]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 3:34:57 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar reviewed the notes he had just jotted down, tapping the notepad with his pen as he contemplated Zev's--condition. The last time they worked together, the admin had unexpectedly drained Dynaenergy from a Power Spot. At the time, Oscar was floored by this incredible display of power. The feat would prove to be detrimental though, as several days later Zev would come to Oscar complaining of a bizarre affliction.

At first Oscar was going to direct him to the med-bay, but after hearing Zev out it became clear that the Dynaenergy he had absorbed was to blame for his current state. Oscar had just finished recording Zev's symptoms, and from what he could conclude Zev was basically suffering from his version of food poisoning.

Oscar placed his pen and notepad down. "So like I said before, I ain't a doctor, but I think I know how to solve your problem." Oscar brought his hands together and started tapping his knuckles. "If absorbing the energy caused this, then surely using it up would cleanse your system. Thoughts?"

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Detox [M]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 13:23:29 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Zev's symptoms were unlike any food poisoning he'd ever experienced before. His entire body was tense with an unnatural alertness, causing him to jump at every small movement. Oddities lurked at the edge of his vision, only to disappear when he tried to focus on them. [break][break]

As a result, he'd hardly slept over the past several days. [break][break]

Oscar studied the various energies present within Hoenn, so it stood to reason he might know a thing or two about why Dynergy was making Zev feel so awful. At least Oscar's solution made sense. Zev nodded wearily in agreement. [break][break]

"I can try shooting it out. That seems to deplete my reserves, so that should work," he suggested.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".zev3"]--accent:#975fb2;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,810 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Detox [M]
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2024 17:57:05 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
"That would probably be the best course of action." Oscar said as he stopped tapping his knuckles. The mad scientist stood up, his eyes glittering with a manic curiosity. "Before we do that though, I would like to run a few tests. Get some samples and what not, just to see what your body is going through under the strain of Dynenergy."

Oscar walked over to a nearby cart and began pulling it near Zev's position. Upon placing the cart near Zev, Oscar would open a drawer to reveal a set of sterile syringes, empty test tubes, and microscope slides. Oscar leaned over the cart, his hands pressed together as he tried to hide his growing excitement.

"This is a rare opportunity to get some insight into your--unique biology. I understand if you are reluctant though, we can just as easily move on to releasing your energy if you'd like. There's no pressure." Oscar's eyes twitched, as his concern for his friend made him want to rid Zev of his ailment as quickly as possible--while the explorer in him wanted to see what exactly was going on inside the devourer.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Detox [M]
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2024 18:47:33 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Zev frowned at the word 'tests', an expression that deepened when he saw the syringes, test tubes, and microscope slides. He'd avoided having Team Rocket's scientists poke and prod his body too deeply—not out of any fear of what they'd find, but mostly because he hated the invasion of privacy. [break][break]

Still, he couldn't deny his own growing curiosity about what had happened to him ever since his encounter with Necrozma. What could it hurt? [break][break]

"Fine," he said, unbuttoning the cuff of his dress shirt's sleeve. He rolled the fabric up past his elbow to expose the vein of his arm. A note of urgent agitation entered his voice. "But make it quick." [break][break]

Studiously, he ignored the sudden, abnormal growth on Oscar's face that had not been there mere moments ago. It reminded him of the hallucinations he'd seen during an expedition to Ultra Deep Sea over a year ago.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".zev3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,810 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Detox [M]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2024 0:02:16 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar stood up straight, his expression falling blank. He pulled some medical gloves out of the same cart and carefully pulled them on, snapping the ends as they covered his wrists. Oscar nodded at Zev as the admin gave his one condition. "It will be like a blink of an eye--just don't activate your armor."

Oscar slowly grabbed three of the syringes that lay within the drawer. He carefully placed them on top of the cart, moving as fluidly as he was able. He cracked his neck, then his knuckles, and then got to work.

"Done."

It took less than thirty seconds to insert each syringe and fill them with blood. He had surgical precision, you would almost think that he had training as a doctor. Unfortunately he did not, but he had gotten very good at extracting blood from test subjects over time. With the final syringe he would raise it up to the light and admire Zev's blood from within its glass chamber. He half expected it to be black like Necrozma's crystals, but it was actually quite the opposite.

His blood was a vibrant red, almost like paint. Was that because of Necrozma or the Dynenergy? Perhaps a follow up extraction was in order. For now though, Oscar would take out three of the test tubes and start unloading the blood. As he did so, he would once again address Zev. "Thank you for this Zev. I am sure you would like to be present for my examinations, so we should purge you of Dynenergy now." He corked each of the test tubes and began taking off his gloves. "Are you ready?"

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Detox [M]
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2024 1:01:43 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

As Oscar promised, the blood draw was over in a matter of minutes. Zev peered at the blood in the final syringe as light shone through it, turning it a bright red hue. He, too, had half-expected to find fragments of black crystal floating in the liquid, but there were none that he could see.[break][break]

The wound in the crook of his elbow closed as black crystal covered it, stemming the flow of more blood.[break][break]

"Ready," Zev confirmed, standing up from the chair. The world turned strange colors, distracting him for the briefest moment.[break][break]

Then he shook his head to clear the hallucinations and headed for the door. "I'll go do it on the docks and come back."[break][break]

If any passing Wingull were obliterated as a result, that was not his problem.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,810 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Detox [M]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2024 17:21:38 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
"Be safe!" Oscar would say as Zev left to unleash his inner power. Oscar giggled, why did it feel like Zev was heading off to use the restroom? He put his clown mentality to rest, he had a bit of work to do while Zev was gone.

Whenever Zev returned, he would find Oscar looking into a microscope. He had dripped some of the blood sample onto some slides, and was pouring over them with the fervor of discovery. Hearing Zev reenter, Oscar would speak to him without turning his attention away from the ocular lens.

"This has been an incredible examination. The Dynenergy actively destroys your blood cells by over charging them, while your Necrozma biology restores them shortly after. Your body was in a constant cycle of destroying and rebuilding itself! No wonder you felt sick."

Oscar finally pushed himself away from the lens, walking to the side so that Zev could have a chance to see for himself.

"Have a look."

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Detox [M]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2024 20:49:53 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

After firing a laser into the empty sky, Zev felt much improved. The hallucinations ceased at once and his heart rate began to lower on its own. [break][break]

However, with the massive release of energy came an equally massive wave of exhaustion. Though it was far from his first experience with the accompanying fatigue, he still didn't know what to do about it. In broad daylight, there was no light he could consume. [break][break]

And there was no way he was going to cause an outage in the submarine itself. [break][break]

With great effort, Zev opened a Pokéball and summoned his Gengar. "Bring us into the laboratories in headquarters," he ordered the ghost. A quick PHANTOM FORCE later, the pair rejoined Oscar. [break][break]

Zev grunted at the scientist's exclamation, not understanding. Only when he looked through the microscope and saw the phenomenon for himself did he comprehend just how unusual it was. [break][break]

"Well, the Dynergy is gone. I feel a lot better," he said, slumping against the table. His legs felt so dead, it was taking all of his strength to stay upright. "Either way, it's clear that my body and Dynergy are at odds, even though I feel drawn to it." [break][break]

Because of Necrozma's influence, no doubt.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,810 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Detox [M]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2024 19:15:56 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
It would seem that the purging was a success, but Oscar did not consider the possible side effects. Zev had basically metabolized all of his stored 'food' and now seemed absolutely exhausted. He hardly seemed enthusiastic about feeling better, nor did his cells waging war against dynaenergy even phase him. Honestly it made Oscar a little concerned. Zev would have to eat quick or the poor man might keel over.

Then he got an idea. An awful idea. Oscar got a wonderful, awful idea.

The eccentric researcher grinned devilishly, rubbing his hands together with devious delight. "Zev, I think I know a way to help the both of us. If you would kindly follow me to the back of my laboratory, and wait only a minute or two--I think I have a way to feed you."

Oscar chortled lowly, slowly raising his voice into a diabolical cackle. This was his natural response when realized that he was going to break new ground in the understanding of energy. The scientist would abruptly stop, clapping his hands together and moving toward the darkened back of his lab. "Come on now, no time to waste! We don't want you passing out from hunger, hurry!"

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Detox [M]
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2024 19:06:34 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Though Zev heard Oscar clearly, his sluggish, hunger-wracked brain almost didn't comprehend what the scientist had said. Zev stared at Oscar as the latter's unhinged laughter became comical. [break][break]

"What are you planning?" Zev asked, immediately suspicious. But Oscar was already retreating to a corner of the laboratory. [break][break]

Heaving a sigh, Zev pushed away from the table and collapsed straight into the arms of his Gengar. For once, Smoke looked troubled as he held his master aloft. [break][break]

Before the man could protest or struggle, the ghost carried him the rest of the way to where Oscar waited. [break][break]

Unbeknownst to all humans and Pokémon present, the blood sample under the microscope finished its war against the remaining Dynergy—and crystallized over. [break][break]

Where once a bright red liquid had collected on the slide, now only shards of black metal sat gleaming.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
Detox [M]
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2024 22:22:27 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: