luka chêne
iceroot carrot [s/c]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2024 3:31:23 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

The silent iceland is a frigid, desolate wasteland. It's no place for a girl like her to explore on her own. So when Luka had mentioned her intentions to visit, it was insisted that she take someone capable with her. And so had been drafted to serve as her bodyguard— part of his service for the amnesty program, apparently.[break][break]

"Thank you for coming with me today, Monsieur Merlo."[break][break]

Luka shivers slightly as she sits astride her Spectrier, so bundled up in coats and scarves that she looks like a fluffy little marshmallow. The tip of her nose, one of the only parts of her face that can actually be seen, is already pink from cold. Her eyes, too, are visible, and they crinkle at the corners in what appears to be a smile, though her lips are hidden beneath her scarf.[break][break]

Although her opinion of him has changed since finding out why he was in the amnesty program, Luka is doing her best to keep an open mind. He had always been kind to her— heck, he had helped her out when she was at her lowest. Her bond with Sugar wouldn't be the same without him. And she's always believed in the good in people, no matter what. Perhaps that's why, despite her past, she's more willing to forgive than most.[break][break]

"H-have you ever been here before? I knew it would be...b-but I didn't expect it to be t-t-this cold."[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","name"]luka chêne

[attr="class","subtxt"]I don't know anything with certainty,[break]
But the sight of the stars makes me dream

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Roboto+Mono|Montserrat|Robot+Mono|Poppins]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,312 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
iceroot carrot [s/c]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2024 14:12:04 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","topimage"]

[attr="class","textbox"]How in the world was the bundle of jackets formerly known as Luka Chene still shivering?[break][break]

Issac could sympathize. Back in the beforetime, he would've griped up a storm about this level of cold. If there was anything he'd taken away from his uprising in Lavaridge, it was a need for heat. However, with the changes Suicune had made to his body, he could've been walking around shirtless for all he cared.[break][break]

He still wore a jacket, of course. Keeping out water was worth the extra bulk. However, he couldn't help but smile with light amusement as he took in his charge's style for the day. "S'all good. I'd offer you my jacket, but, uh. Think you've got that covered." One more piece of clothing and the poor girl would look like that kid from A Christmas Story.[break][break]

Idly, he wondered if he could twist the cold away from people, but he was fairly certain his powers ended at the wet part of ice instead of the cold part. To make up for it, he released Nitro, the Fletchinder puffing out her chest as she tried to radiate warmth for Luka.[break][break]

"Usually, I stay away from here." His eye contact with Luka helped stop his vision from wandering to the real reasons why he stayed away. The sight of so many lives encased in permafrost was heartbreaking, even if most of them were now hidden under blankets of snow. "But I've been here once or twice."[break][break]

Both times had been critical steps on the journey away from Rocket. and could attest to that. Maybe it was a sign.[break][break]

"So what brings you to a place like this? Pretty sure you're way more of a summer than a winter."

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] --color:#c4c067; [/newclass]
[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
she looks like, if you bit her, honey and milk would flow from her
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
iceroot carrot [s/c]
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2024 3:29:39 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

"Ah, t-t-thanks. I think if I put anything else on, I-I'll get crushed to death." It's already cumbersome enough for Luka to move under all her layers. Any more, and she might just disappear! But the cold is still stinging her face, so she's happy to bask in the heat radiated by Isaac's Fletchinder. The bird is small enough to perch on her Spectrier's rump, much like a portable space heater.[break][break]

Her body gradually stops shaking, though she's far from toasty warm. It's bearable at least, and the chattering of her teeth starts to slow.[break][break]

"I c-can see why," she says, her gaze raking over the desolate landscape of ice and snow in front of them. "This place is horrible."[break][break]

She would never visit the icelands of her own volition. Besides the sheer danger of such a place, Isaac is right— it's heartbreaking.[break][break]

Her Spectrier steps lightly, as though they can sense every buried corpse beneath them. Luka shudders at the thought, and tries not to look too hard at the snow. If she focuses too much, she can start to pick out shapes beneath layers of frost: an arm here, a wing there, a snout that seems to have frozen mid-snarl, with icicled teeth that glisten.[break][break]

"I'm only here because of them," she answers, twisting a hand through the fuchsia wisps of her Spectrier's mane. "They've been restless f-for weeks now, and keep trying to drag me here." Her steed whinnies, as if in agreement, and toes at the snow.[break][break]

"I don't know what they want, but it's got to be something, right?"

[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","name"]luka chêne

[attr="class","subtxt"]I don't know anything with certainty,[break]
But the sight of the stars makes me dream

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Roboto+Mono|Montserrat|Robot+Mono|Poppins]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,312 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
iceroot carrot [s/c]
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2024 23:46:27 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","topimage"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"Well, at least you don't gotta worry about that while I'm around." The proud smile Isaac flashed Luka was underlined by weariness in his eyes. How many had he pulled back from the brink of death by now? Far more than he was comfortable with, if he was being honest. The sight of his own brother, , reduced to . . .[break][break]

Was it strange, seeing the man who couldn't feel the cold shivering so?[break][break]

At least he wasn't the only one to be followed by death today. This entire land was a testament to it. "It's been a whole year, and I'm still not used to it," he admitted. "Part of me hopes we can fix it someday. Heal it up, like I did for the Woods. But that was a poison. This . . . Arceus, where'd we even begin?"[break][break]

Perhaps it was for the best. The waste that had overtaken the Petalburg Woods was anathema to all life. The Icelands, on the other hand, had somehow become home to Pokemon of its own. Even now, Isaac could faintly make out white-furred ice types creeping through the snows, doing their best to avoid being noticed. How life could persist even like this astounded him.[break][break]

It was like a little symbol of Hoenn itself in that regard.[break][break]

Yet today, they weren't here for Hoenn. Today, they were here for one restless Spectrier. A part of him faintly resembled a distant land, its fallen king entrusting the heroes of Hoenn with both a horse much like this one and a companion. Pale as snow, with a jagged mane, it was little more than a faint image in the back of Isaac's minds.[break][break]

"Are they looking for a friend? A brother, maybe?"

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] --color:#c4c067; [/newclass]
[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights