Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
if the path to strength is filled with dismay, i will evolve.
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
VCT: Genny vs Howard
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2024 9:12:44 GMT
Genevieve Cromwell Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]
[attr="class","genny1body"]

Ah. Finally, just getting to relax, Genny would throw her head back, as her and Gordo hung out at the park bench in Lilycove. Both of them were relaxing to some warm hot chocolate, with how cold it was. A light snow was falling all around, and Genny, for whatever reason, still wanted another match.[break][break]

So. Getting herself all put together, as the duo would take a nice relaxing sip, they spot another person walking in the park down the trail. She'd been challenged so much today, but managed to get away to enjoy her hot cocoa. But...[break][break]

With a wave out, not recognizing them at all, Genny calls out. "Hey there! Wanna battle?"[break][break]

Her and Gordo could use the workout!

[break][break]

NOTES

- OUTFIT, TRACK: Stargazer Colisseum[break]
- GIMMICK: GIMMICKLESS - All -0 rolls get +10. 100 gets +30![break]
- HP 3/3[break]
- Enjoying some hot cocoa in lightly snowy Lilycove, Genny sees Howard.[break]
- Asks if she wants a battle and totally pulls out her phone for a friend code swap.

[attr="class","genny1pkmn"]

[attr="class","genny1credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".genny1"]--accent:#FF5349;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,869 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2024 9:40:43 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"I can't believe they still had Snom Cones left over! We're so lucky, Serizawa!" Howard said cheerfully as he walked through the park with his Larvitar. Howard wasn't going to buy the little monster a snow cone after his bratty rampage, but the Larvitar had done well.

Larvitars could have a little snow cone as a treat.

Admittedly, it was pretty cold. Howard was used to it at this point, given he had a shard of Eternatus shamelessly stuffed in a freezer back home.

"Eh?" A brief flash of panic appeared in his eye for a moment, before vanishing. The archaeologist relaxed. He had fought this woman, once, but their battle ended on graceful terms. He was safe in that knowledge. "A battle...?"

He shuffled on his feet, awkward.

"Okay, but on one condition:" Howard pointed at Gordo with a worried expression. "You have to tell me that the Sandshrew right there is not in fact a giant Pikachu in disguise. I don't like those very much."

3/3 (no mechanic)

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2024 21:06:32 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]

The question comes as a little... odd. Genny finds her head tilt to the side, and looks to Gordo, who looks back at her with the same expression. Part of her felt the need to completely trick him. But Genny shakes her head.[break][break]

"Uh... no, I'm pretty sure Gordo's not a Pikachu... I can make him big, if you'd like!" She pulls out her Dynamax Bracelet, shakes it, and stuffs it back in her bag. "But we won't!"[break][break]

With the battle now underway, the redhead bobs on her feet, a little shimmy with her legs, as she calls out. "Snow to sand, and hit'em hard!" Gordo begins to utilize SANDSTORM, before beginning the first SAND RUSH EMPOWERED ROLLOUT of the match![break][break]

That would, hopefully, prove Gordo is not in fact, a Pikachu. Also. He was green.[break][break]

O3agogza

[break][break]

NOTES

- HP 3/3[break]
- Genny, confused by the request, explains how Gordo is not a Pikachu... and thus accepts the fight, but does flash the DYNAMAX.[break]
- SANDSTORM + SAND RUSH + ROLLOUT = Genny Fate/Grand Ordering over the whole fight.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".genny1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,869 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2024 21:16:42 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"DON'T DO IT DON'T-" Howard flinched back, as if Genevieve had pulled out a gun instead of an article of clothing. He immediately relaxed when she stuffed it back into her bag. "Oh, thank Arceus. I thought that the bench was a Power Spot or something."

He inspected the bench, as if expecting to find Tera Crystals under it. After a moment, he nodded, satisfied.

"Alright, Serizawa. Ready to rumble?" With a grumble and a nod, the Larvitar stuffed the Snom Cone into his mouth, before preparing to fight. "Good luck!"

As a sandstorm raged, Howard allowed himself to grin. Serizawa would be able to call these forth when he fully evolved. The Larvitar wasn't benefitting from Sand Rush, but this was Serizawa's element. "Thrash 'em!"

Serizawa lunged forward with the anticipation of stopping the Rollout. Immediately, Howard frowned. That probably wasn't the best move when facing down a rolling boulder. You typically wanted to run in the other direction, or get out of the way.

3/3 (No mechanic)
KTNv_78a

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2024 21:33:19 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]

Guy was uh... eccentric. What did he expect her to pull out? Sheesh, he was so panicked. Well, even so, now that the strike was coming towards the Larvitar, with the massive roll, she watches as the Larvitar attempted to lunge outwards to stop Gordo.[break][break]

For a moment, she's a little flabbergasted. That Larvitar... she had a Tyranitar herself, but that seemed like a bad move, to THRASH back![break][break]

Thanks to SAND RUSH, Genny calls out. "Arc, spin, and slapshot!" Right before the impact, the speed of the sandstorm allowed for the Sandshrew to turn on a dime, quickly going around the Larvitar in order to strike at his back with one big ROLLOUT strike to the back![break][break]

EFciqq20

[break][break]

NOTES

- HP 3/3[break]
- Seeing that the Larvitar was expecting it to hit him dead on, Genny orders Gordo to spin on a dime to try to hit the Larvitar's back![break]
- SAND RUSH and ROLLOUT still, coming right as a slapshot!

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,869 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2024 23:05:20 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Slapshot? What the heck is a sla-" Howard watched Gordo do a spin, and the archaeologist blinked. "Nevermind. Serizawa, counter it!"

Watching his Larvitar made Howard realize that Serizawa was likely not going to listen to Howard. The Larvitar had gone rogue, as if preparing to rampage.

And rampage it would.

"Serizawa, c'mon!"

Growling from Gordo's prior strike, Serizawa let out a growl and stomped his feet in a massive tantrum. He leered at the spinning ball, before slamming his fist into the ground. After a great shudder, several pillars of stone erupted from the ground. They jutted out at odd angles, making it difficult for the Sandshrew to roll about.

2/3 (no mechanic)
IVvqeG6H

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2024 1:17:42 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]

Gordo had a bit of an edge to him, but as the Larvitar wasn't listening to their trainer, all Genny can do is watch on.[break][break]

And then she responds to the Larvitar the best way she can. "Hey. If you don't listen and work together, you're going to lose." She doesn't want this to be that fast, or easy. Because Gordo could handle some pillars of stone. In fact, instead of the pillars becoming a problem, Gordo PINBALLS himself on each pillar, angling himself to make sure he can hit the Larvitar.[break][break]

All Genny can do is nod. If the Larvitar continues to act up, they won't win. Period. But...[break][break]

"Having trouble with him?" she asks to Howard, before pointing out with a hand. "Dig, and come out with a fastball Rollout."[break][break]

And with those words, Gordo DIGS, preparing a big ROLLOUT strike once he re-emerges from the ground.[break][break]

HWpHIt0P +10

[break][break]

NOTES

- HP 3/3[break]
- Genny offers some assistance, if Howard needs it, asking if he's having trouble, but telling Larvitar plainly if he doesn't listen, he'll lose for sure.[break]
- DIG and SAND RUSH & ROLLOUT still, going for a surprise attack!

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,869 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2024 2:53:14 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Y'think?" Howard looked at Genevieve with a mixture of annoyance and exasperation. It took every ounce of restraint for him to refrain from uttering 'no shit', but their ceasefire in the cave caused Howard to cut himself off. "Your criticism is noted, thank you."

It was the most professional way to say 'Thank you for stating the obvious, dingus.'

Serizawa sat in the field, mildly dazed from two Gordo strikes. All Howard could do was rub his temples and hope for Serizawa to pull himself together. When Gordo dug a pit, Howard smiled to himself. The earth was his domain. This was his territory.

"He was sweet when he was younger, but now he's rebellious as hell. He's like a spoiled kid." Howard sighed, defeated. "I was hoping the tournament would make our bond tighter, since I got registered by mistake. It's let me test out strategies though, like this."

Howard snapped his fingers. Serizawa stamped his foot, causing an Earthquake while Gordo was underground.

"I'm surprised he listened to me. Again."

1/3 (no mechanic)
QzKLpcDG

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2024 5:20:32 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]

It... it was over?[break][break]

Genny's hazel eyes shot open, disbelief. Gordo, in one fell swoop, hurt by the EARTHQUAKE, was shot out with enough pressure to land the DIG! Gordo would land on his feet, right on the outside, the armadillo breathing heavily.[break][break]

Only to go up to Serizawa, and move to help him up. Gordo seemed to have a tiny kinship to the little Larvitar. He wanted to help.[break][break]

Genny, walking up quietly, and giving the Larvitar a quick berry on the ground, eyes Howard.[break][break]

"I think it'll work in the end. The tournament bond and all," Genny starts off, petting Gordo now, who was busy trying to fan the little Larvitar awake. She tries to give him a smile. "Thanks for the battle!"[break][break]

She still had no idea who the guy was.

[break][break]

NOTES

- HP 3/3 - VICTORY[break]
- Gordo is able to land the attack, and is trying to help Serizawa out! Fanning them, as Genny walks over and puts a berry out for them.[break]
- Ensures to Howard that his idea is a good one, and that the Larvitar will, hopefully, learn to appreciate this in time. Thanks for the battle!

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,869 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2024 5:50:54 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"I... lost?" Howard didn't seem surprised. If anything, he was more resigned at this point. Of course he was going to lose. He didn't have the practice or the drive of other people. "Oh well, it happens."

All these battles, and what for? He was losing to Sandshrews in the park, for Arceus's sake. If he told Beast Zeppelin or that Serizawa lost to a Sandshrew, they'd laugh him all the way into a locker and throw away the key. This battle would be buried and forgotten about.

If anything, it was a warming feeling. Howard had made the right choice in that cave. If he had fought Genevieve Cromwell, he would've lost.

"Thanks, I hope so too. That way, I can finally stop getting kicked awake by the little bastard." Howard sighed, before picking up the Larvitar like a baby. "It was a pleasure. Have a good night, you two."

As he walked off, he raised a hand.

"I'm Howard Slayte, by the way! If you need a geologist, let me know. I'm always looking for work!" He tipped his hat as he shook Serizawa awake. "See you around, Ranger."

As he walked off, the archaeologist went pale. Ranger? Why had he mentioned that? Idiot. Stupid. Dumbass. Even more of a reason to bury this battle and forget about it.

0/3 - LOSS
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights