Malie, Alola
blissfully unaware
shepherd & lorekeeper
civilian
remember me
for centuries
40 height
40 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
405 posts
Jack Napier DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @napier
Jack Napier
rest and relaxation [m][c]
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2024 21:54:58 GMT
Jack Napier Avatar
[attr="class","iggy"]
Okay, now that he didn’t have any matches lined up for the day he could finally take a moment to catch up and look around the event.

Despite being the lil’ hillbilly that he was, all the colors, the sights and sounds—made him wish he had more eyes so he could take in everything all at once. There was just so much to see!

Balloons being sold every corner, strange food being hawked around at stalls, and get this: there were even these wide screens showing smash-cut highlights and reels from memorable matches across the tournament so far!

…which also happened to include one of his own matches!

Oh, boy.

He was not expecting the people closest to him to start looking at him the moment one of his own highlight reels began playing—uh oh!

+
+ jus a lil’ ol’ tiny case of déjà vu

[newclass=".iggy b"] color:#e6194e;font-size:13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".iggy i"] color:#e6194e;font-size:13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".iggy a"] font-size:13px; font-family: courier new; text-transform: lowercase!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Curator/Hisuian Historian
Elite Ranger
I don't want
To imagine a past, that doesn't have you in its future
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
To truly know one's self, look back on the marks you've made in history
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2024 22:06:17 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]
[attr="class","franntag"]

[attr="class","frannmain"]

Not only was the tournament itself something to behold, but the festivities surrounding it were massive and non stop. The Tournament brought droves of people from all over, vendors and businesses were in full swing, advertisers, marketing, endorsements, food and equipment. Someone could find just about anything they might be looking for with everything that had gathered.[break][break]
Yuina was doing well to try and keep a modest profile, she had her tags displayed for being one of the tournament participants, as did all other participants, and there were hoards of marketers and other logos looking for endorsements and matchers to wear their merch while out on the battlefields... It was a bit much.[break][break]
Pushing by a stall in particular, Yuina was glad that not too many people felt the need to argue with her given Daikenki looming beside her, the Samurott's chin sitting just above her head, his horn as imposing as the swords that lay sheathed at his arms. His jowls raised at a particular vendor who was just a little too keen on getting Yuina's attention, and the guy backed off in a smart move...[break][break]
Moroe sat perched on Yuina's shoulder as they walked through the stalls and vendors, Yuina was interested in finding some food and just kind of enjoying the sights now that she had some down time during the tournament's run, when all of a sudden people were turning and pointing at her, some clapping, the flash of cameras and pictures... What was going on?[break]
Daikenki hissed, but Moroe yipped as Yuina looked up to a set of screens flashing images of some battle highlights, showing Daikenki and that Absol they matched with the other day...[break][break]
Hey look! The winner of that match is right over there![break][break]
The circle of people widened to now include her opponent from that day who was standing just off to the side, she remembered his name, he said he was Jack.

notes[break]
Mission: A Vital City (DD)[break]

[attr="class","frannpoke"]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323;  border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35);  border-top-style: solid;  border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

jack
he / him / his
twenty-seven
october 13
Malie, Alola
blissfully unaware
shepherd & lorekeeper
civilian
remember me
for centuries
40 height
40 height
awards
405 posts
Jack Napier DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @napier
Jack Napier
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 5:00:11 GMT
Jack Napier Avatar
[attr="class","iggy"]
To be fair, he should have expected this; however fact of the matter still remained that… there were people actively staring at him and it was just like… whoa.

“Uh…” he stammered as more people gave him a wide berth; the more to ogle and whisper about how his Absol was now fighting the valiant fight up on the screen—and it didn’t take too long for him to spot that he was not alone in this regard…

“H-hey!” he called in the other familiar face’s direction as he quickly made his way over to her before looking up at the screen.

“L-let’s get outta here, people are starting to stare!” he whispered into her ear, clearly embarrassed by this entire spectacle.

(Yes, Jackie here was not accustomed to being recognized on the streets at all!)

+

[newclass=".iggy a"] font-size:13px; font-family: courier new; text-transform: lowercase!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 17:41:35 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

The fanfare was a bit much... Yuina wasn't looking to be involved as some kind of celebrity or otherwise going through the turns of this tournament... She was far from being a gym leader or other official, there were plenty of them around, surely they were more merited to fuss over...[break]
Daikenki hissed, and Yuina stuck close to his figure, frankly uncomfortable with all of the attention, but as the circle had widened, the scope of attention shifting to include both her and Jack now as the screens flashed the highlights of their match, Jack moved towards her quickly, avoiding gazes and cameras just the same.[break]
He wanted out of this too. Didn't have to tell her twice.[break][break]
Yuina stuck close to Daikenki, keeping Jack close to her and the Samurott, he was imposing, and sneered with bared fangs at the onlookers as she and Jack tried to move away.[break]
"The screens will change soon, they'll find their next participant to gawk at hopefully," Yuina remarked as they moved together, and soon it seemed they had an open chance to get out of the fray, leaving the bulk of the crowd behind.

notes[break]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323;  border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35);  border-top-style: solid;  border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

jack
he / him / his
twenty-seven
october 13
Malie, Alola
blissfully unaware
shepherd & lorekeeper
civilian
remember me
for centuries
40 height
40 height
awards
405 posts
Jack Napier DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @napier
Jack Napier
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 18:12:35 GMT
Jack Napier Avatar
[attr="class","iggy"]
“I hope they do, and soon!” he added—while he didn’t have his Absol around with him, he always carried her Pokéball with him no matter where he went—

Thankfully, though, the screens would change and the crowd would disperse; mostly. There were still a few people gawking at them like they were some kind of statues at a road show, before he looked around and saw that there was a food stall that practically had no people buying from it—

And they were selling musubi sandwiches, ooh!

“Hey, let’s go over there,” he gestured; because man he wanted a snack from home—yes, he could tell right away that the stall sold Alolan snacks…

“And I also wanted to ask you about your Samurott, if you don’t mind… but like, after we get our snacks, of course. No, no, don’t worry about paying—I’ll cover our food.”

+

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 19:17:36 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Without too much more trouble, they were able to escape the madness, the sounds of the crowd again and various calls out perhaps signifying that they'd found their next participant to treat like an exhibit piece. Yuina did well for a moment to tuck away her participant's badge, just for a little while, though Daikenki was her dead giveaway it seemed... She had seen a handful of other hisuian native species around the region here and there, but... His kind seemed very sparse.[break][break]
Jack took the lead after a moment, finding a particular food stall that he seemed very enthralled with, though Yuina didn't recognize any of the food items it had to offer.[break]
"Oh, sure, we don't mind," Yuina returned, at his interest in wanting to know more about Daikenki. If anything she liked being able to educate about the rare inhabitants of distortions that roamed the region, after all, knowledge was power.[break][break]
"That's really nice of you... Uhm... But I don't think I've ever seen a food selection like this? What's your favorite? I'll try that," she mentioned, she didn't want to sit there and make too much fuss over trying to find something that she might like. Why not let his enthusiasm make a recommendation?

notes[break]

close tab

played by

Ven

jack
he / him / his
twenty-seven
october 13
Malie, Alola
blissfully unaware
shepherd & lorekeeper
civilian
remember me
for centuries
40 height
40 height
awards
405 posts
Jack Napier DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @napier
Jack Napier
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 19:30:42 GMT
Jack Napier Avatar
[attr="class","iggy"]
Thankfully, the stall was piled high with all varieties of… oh, man, the smell alone was more than enough to make his mouth water!

“Okay. I’m from Alola, so this is like… a common, everyday snack back home. Out here, apparently, it’s a specialty because look at this!”

He gestured to the plain ones—seaweed wrapped around a bed of rice that had a marinated, deep-fried piece of meat placed atop it.

There was even the egg variant; where it was slice of meat, egg, rice, wrapped around seaweed.

“I’ll get some of the plain ones, and some of the egg ones so you can decide which tastes better; the one with egg or the one without,” he explained as he pulled out his wallet and then passed over some bills; before being handed a bag that had half of the original, and half of the egg variant.

“Alright, we have our food… so…” he trailed off, before looking around. Where could they go and eat uninterrupted without too many people ogling them when they were recognized?

+

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 21:58:08 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Moroe sat up on Yuina's shoulder as she sniffed out at the food that the stall had, a nip and a lick on her maw. It was Alolan food? That surely was different, she hadn't tried anything Alolan yet, and curious that he was from that region too. Of the many faces she'd met so far, she didn't think she'd met someone from Alola, which was funny in itself, considering that's where she's told she was from after all...[break][break]
"Alola? There's distinct Pokemon species in your home region too, aren't there? Raichu, right," Yuina wondered, she remembered explaining to her that the Raichu she worked with compared to his Kantonian Raichu, it wasn't dissimilar to Daikenki. She was sure that Delton's present day counter part was from Alola too...[break][break]
"That sounds great, thank you, it looks really good to try," she smiled, looking around then to try and find a place to sit down and eat... Hopefully uninterrupted...[break][break]
"Hey, how about over there? It doesn't look like there's any stalls or anything, over by those benches? That might be the end of the tournament grounds."

notes[break]

close tab

played by

Ven

jack
he / him / his
twenty-seven
october 13
Malie, Alola
blissfully unaware
shepherd & lorekeeper
civilian
remember me
for centuries
40 height
40 height
awards
405 posts
Jack Napier DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @napier
Jack Napier
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2024 18:55:50 GMT
Jack Napier Avatar
[attr="class","iggy"]
“Yeah… we do have indeed the one known as the ‘pancake Raichu’ because have you seen a side by side comparison between the two?” he began, realizing that there were several more Alolan variants he knew about.

“The Exeggutor in Alola don’t look like stubby little monsters. They’re… well, it’s best for you to see one for yourself,” he cackled, because holy shit that mental image that popped into his head was definitely one for the ages.

Another thing was that…

“We also have a darker-skinned Meowth, and our Rattatas are black-furred, too! Not purple,” he went on as he continued enumerating the ones he knew that had forms—

Oh, shit.

“…the Grimer in Alola are way more funky-colored as compared to the sad, boring purple ones,” he added with another chuckle as he started fishing out some of the musubi sandwiches before handing her one of each.

“Here, try both and let me know which one is better.”

Although… was he forgetting another one of the regional varia—oh, how could he forget!

“Oh, oh! And our Vulpix aren’t brown-colored… they’re white as snow!”

+

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 18:55:24 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Moving off to the side now, away from the fanfare and away from the crowds, Yuina kept Moroe and Daikenki close as she and Jack found a spot to sit for a little bit, with the food they'd just procured. It smelled delicious, and she was interested to try it. There were always so many different kinds of food out there that she had never even heard of before.[break][break]
And even more than that, Jack had a wealth of information about Pokemon that she had never even heard of before either, all distinct species that had differences across the Alola region from others known to their kind.[break]
"Oh, wow... I didn't know there were so many? And they are all different types from the others of their kind, aren't they," Yuina wondered, taking up one of the snacks that Jack had offered her. She wanted to try the egg one first, unwrapping it and making sure to see if it might still be too warm first.[break][break]
"Do other regions have different variations of the same species," she wondered too, was this common among other species?

notes[break]

close tab

played by

Ven

jack
he / him / his
twenty-seven
october 13
Malie, Alola
blissfully unaware
shepherd & lorekeeper
civilian
remember me
for centuries
40 height
40 height
awards
405 posts
Jack Napier DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @napier
Jack Napier
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2024 14:40:16 GMT
Jack Napier Avatar
[attr="class","iggy"]
“I forgot one more. I forgot the Sandshrew. In Alola, they’re not Ground-type… they’re Ice-type, and Steel for some reason. Must be because of Mount Lanakila,” he added as he remembered that he’d missed one Pokémon.

There were… he knew there were other regional variants, too…

“I know that Galar has its own versions, too… the one I know of is the funny-looking Farfetch’d. Normally the ones I’m aware of don’t wield their leeks like a big-ass sword. I think there’s also a Ponyta that’s not on fire, but instead looks like a unicorn that stepped out of a storybook…” he continued as he tried to recall what else he knew about Galarian forme Pokémon.

“Hilariously, you thought Meowth only had an Alolan forme? Well… apparently it also has a Galarian forme, and they look extremely different from the Alolan version!” he went on.

+

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2024 0:53:35 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Sitting there on the bench, settled and away from the bustling crowds, Yuina was enthralled really with everything that Jack went on about. She had no idea, or at least... she didn't remember perhaps? That there were so many different species that had different influences given their environment. From Alola to Galar, even species that hada more than one kind amongst various regions.[break][break]
"Oh, wow I had no idea... It's really incredible to think about, how just being in a different environment can change a Pokemon so much," she returned, and just as she was moving to take her first bite of the snack that Jack had offered to her, Moroe leaped down from Daikenki and onto Yuina's shoulder, taking a first bite for herself. The fox was delighted.[break][break]
"I guess the same could be said for Daikenki too, though... his kind won't occur naturally any more," she pondered, looking up to the Samurott beside her, it was always sad to consider... Knowing that his species was effectively extinct, were it not for those distortions.

notes[break]

close tab

played by

Ven

jack
he / him / his
twenty-seven
october 13
Malie, Alola
blissfully unaware
shepherd & lorekeeper
civilian
remember me
for centuries
40 height
40 height
awards
405 posts
Jack Napier DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @napier
Jack Napier
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2024 19:26:22 GMT
Jack Napier Avatar
[attr="class","iggy"]
While she was busy musing over the different formes that he knew of, he’d already taken a big bite of the musubi (without an egg) and looked up in time to her next statement—

“Wait, what do you mean?” he asked her, curious.

Although, in a way he looked like he had ‘Greedent cheeks’ the way his face was puffed up because he was mid-chew when he noticed the way she’d worded what she wanted to say.

“Aw, c’mon, they look like just a normal Samu—” he trailed off, before he suddenly remembered how… how different her Samurott looked as compared to the normal ones from Unova.

“Wait. Are you telling me there are other Unovan formes out there asides from Yamask and Darumaka?” he blinked.

+

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2024 3:16:27 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

As it seemed that Moroe enjoyed her bite of Yuina's snack, Yuina took her turn to try a bit of it as she took her own bite. It was very good, and she smiled at the chance of trying a new kind of food, looking up to Jack at his questioning.[break]
"Daikenki and Moroe both, I know their species can be found in Unova, here in present day," Yuina began, offering the fox another bite from her snack. Her gaze fell upon the both of them for a moment, she was always proud to know them, but... deep down, she knew they shouldn't be here, it was a mistake.[break][break]
"They're actually supposed to be extinct, both of them. Their kind hasn't existed naturally for centuries... The only reason they're here now, like other species that shouldn't be here either, is because of the Time-Space distortions that have been occurring," Yuina explained, always saddened by their origins, that they would never have a natural environment again.

notes[break]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights