shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]THE WILDS:[break]MECHANICAL KINGDOM

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

ONGOING EVENT
EXPLORATION

LITTLEROOT[break]↻ MECHANICAL KINGDOM

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1035423510278979624/1054889526239170630/the_game_is_afoot.mp3[/player][break]
Partners ~ The Game is Afoot! - The Great Ace Attorney 2
[break]

WHETHER IT WAS DISPLACED BENEATH LITTLEROOT DUE TO DIMENSIONAL ENTANGLEMENT, BROUGHT BACK TO FUNCTIONING ORDER DUE TO DIALGA, OR BOTH, can not be determined. However, this kingdom made entirely out of intricate mechanisms is void of human life. Clockwork gears, iron tunnels, and curious domes make up this kingdom that continues to function like an animatronic music box.[break][break]

Mechanical Pokemon like Magearna, Volcanion and others present in the kingdom seem to be robotic, set to a rhythm or programming like an animatronic figure.[break][break]

Several clock towers loom above the entire kingdom, though their machinery seems to be in disrepair.

PROMPTS

LIST OF PROMPTS

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • 05 investigate a broken clock tower and discover that they are missing parts.
  • 07 pretend to be a part of the animatronic robot Pokemon to avoid detection.
  • 11 involve a race against time in some way.
  • 14 construct a makeshift machine or device using the scraps of metal found in the area, or the scraps from dismantled steel-type pokemon, volcanion, or magearna.
  • 🗺️ utilize a paradox pokemon in an advantageous way.
  • 🗺️ the HEAVY BALL can be used to devastate a mechanical pokemon due to its weight. though it can be used to "temporarily capture" a mechanical pokemon, it is prone to malfunctioning, which will cause the mechanical pokemon to escape by the end of your expedition.
  • 🗺️ THE METAL GEAR can be used to activate a gate, machine, or any other gear-based mechanism to overcome an obstacle, reactivate a machine or mechanical pokemon, or more.

EXPEDITION TREASURES

AT THE END OF EACH EXPEDITION THREAD, all characters must ROLL for their final post. The HIGHEST FOUR ROLLS will be counted for what TREASURES are retrieved from the location. These treasures will be returned to each faction for future use...

[attr="class","pcContainer"]
[attr="class","greenBg"]

[attr="class","boxContainer"]
[attr="class","boxName"]YOUR HAUL

[attr="class","pcTable"]
[attr="class","pcFlip"]

[attr="class","slot material"]

RULES

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES. A more comprehensive list of rules will be published in each event thread. These rules are also subject to change.[break][break][break]

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • Your character can only be in ONE EXPEDITION THREAD at a time.
  • You may participate with all of your characters; however, be aware of your ability to post.
  • If a thread partner has not posted in awhile, please skip them in this event. Momentum is important for engagement.
  • Since these threads may feature combat, please be reasonable with your battling. Discuss with your group if you'd like one move per post, how many Pokemon are allowed to be brought, etc.
  • Try to keep posts short for clarity and speed.
  • Please be trusting and open to communicating with all of your thread partners.
  • Please INCLUDE WHICH PROMPTS you are using in your expedition thread.
  • Please have at least FIVE POSTS PER CHARACTER in your expedition thread.

IN YOUR FINAL POSTS, PLEASE ROLL.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcContainer]margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 25px; width: 325px; height: 150px; background: #2b2b2b; overflow: hidden; border-radius:5px; border:solid 2px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greenBg]position: relative; margin-left: -70%; width: 70%; height: 120%; background: #9DD404; transform: skewX(-30deg); border-right: 82px solid #96CD04; z-index: 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxContainer]position: relative; margin: 0; margin-top: -150px; padding: 0; padding-left: 5px; width: 300px; margin-right: 350px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxName]background: #fefaff; width: 170px; border-radius: 50px; margin: 0 auto 5px 69px; padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; font-family: Roboto; text-align: center; font-weight: bold; font-size: 16px; color: #000;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable]overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: scroll; direction: rtl; scrollbar-color: #7db302 #87c200; scrollbar-width: thin;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 7px; background-color: #87c200;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color: #7db302;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcFlip]width: 310px; height: 300px; display: flex; flex-wrap: wrap; margin-right: -20px; direction: ltr;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot]background: #fefaff; border-radius: 25%; margin: 10px; width: 40px; height: 40px; text-align: center; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot img]position: absolute; top: 0; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; margin: auto;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Flood

X
She/Her
March 6th
Nimbasa City
Asexual
Ultramodernist
Executive
5'7 height
5'7 height
Look to the future, see in it everything you've ever wanted. Now find the strength to grab it.
awards
514 posts
part of
TAG WITH @flood
Xenon Antheil
MECHANICAL KINGDOM: XM
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2024 1:25:46 GMT
Xenon Antheil Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","xenon"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

Hoenn is a peculiar country if you look at it from an outsider's perspective. No matter where you go there are problems of course, Kanto was ruled over by a dictatorial criminal empire, Unova is a capitalist hellscape rife with white collar crime, the less said about Sinnoh the better. But Hoenn was particularly strange compared to every other country in the world due to the incredible changes its undergone in the past decade.
[break][break]
There is of course the obvious, incredibly powerful Pokemon from legends across the world congregating in this country for whatever reason. Living disasters such as the legendary birds sweep through the country like natural disasters, devastating towns and cities until such a time they can be driven away by whosoever was closest at the time. Sometimes these monsters are even caught and bound to one person, granting them incredible power with which they could use to shape the world. And of course half of these immeasurable powers seem to be captured and controlled by Team Rocket, the selfsame terrorist empire that conquered the Kanto region.
[break][break]
But then of course there's the much less obvious. The spatial distortions that seem to manifest in Hoenn exclusively for example, portals to other dimensions that open in isolated regions, the warping time storms that appear and disappear in the blink of an eye, impossible weather patterns manifesting in places that shouldn't be possible. The Terastal and Infinity Energy phenomenons that only seem to manifest in Hoenn.
[break][break]
This country was a realm of impossibilities, a new and unexplored front in a world where everything had been thought to be discovered. People like Xenon poured into the country from all over fighting for their dreams and reaching out for the possibility of a better life, only to lose their lives as they're eaten alive by the wilds and the terrifying monsters that inhabit them.
[break][break]
This clockwork empire was just such a manifestation of this phenomenon. A mechanical kingdom ruled over by an unseen songstress, robotic Pokemon marching to a tune that none can find, there was much to learn about this country and so little time and resources to discover it all. But the future that Xenon seeks lies here, she can feel the tug of destiny calling to her as she steps out onto the road and looks out over the dilapidated kingdom below. This place had some sort of connection to the Ultramodern Paradoxes of the future, it was simply a matter of investigation to find out just what.
[break][break]
And the best place to start would definitely be there. Xenon looks out to the clock tower in the distance and hums lightly as she hops on her Iron Treads, looking back to Mint with a gleam in her eyes. "This isn't a bad future I don't think... but at the same time it's a bit too quiet, right?" It was a probing question for the Rocket Beast, an attempt to figure out just what kind of person he was within Rocket. The two had met maybe once during the Christmas party to discuss matters related to the DJ setup, but outside of that she really had no idea what he was like or what kinds of things he was after within this villainous organization they found themselves within. Now was as good of a time as any to see what kind of man she'd be working with for the next few weeks.

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.xenon]--accent:#a0a4a9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.xenon]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon .ooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
✨ I'm addicted to shining and glowing
awards
2,662 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2024 8:10:49 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","colorbar"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

By this spoint, he's used to the lack of signal inside the rifts. It's not big deal. He could take photos and cut clips of the place into a little video later. For now, his Rotom has free reign, possessing his phone and flying around to track the landscape, serving as both scout and camera man. So much nicer than having to hold his phone all the time. [break][break]

He turns to his companion, gaging her for a moment as something nagged in the back of his mind before snorting. "I wouldn't want this future." he said casting his gaze to the abandoned civilization. "Something ruined this place. Not even their giant Corviknights could save them." he said, pointing at the castle in the distance where the figure of a larger than life Corviknight lay perched on one of the turrets. [break][break]

He checked his hand held, the readings on it low for now. Nothing nearby just yet. He strides forward confidently, moving to the edge of his radar. "Can't find anything in our immediate vicinity but...nothing wrong with staying cautious." His Rotom comes down, chirping as it showed him footage. "Last time I was at thee castle before my partner got punched out. This time I think the clock tower deserves investigating." he added, as his partner zoomed in on scraps of...something hanging from some of the windows. [break][break]

"What do I call you in the meantime?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged ▸ ooc [break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

[newclass=".minty"]width:500px; margin:0px auto; border:20px solid #141414; background:#141414; border-radius:50px 50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty"]--accent:#94effa; --accent2:#f0ffc5;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .bg"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/bvgZ1Rv/image.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .top"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/h7pSrwb/image.png); height:375px; border-radius:30px 30px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .colorbar"]background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:30px; margin-top:-90px; position:absolute; width:500px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .main"]font:11px/15px 'Roboto'; color:#fff; text-align:justify; padding:20px 70px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .main b"]color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .ooc"]margin-top:10px; padding:10px 30px; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); font:10px 'Roboto Mono';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .ooc b"]font:13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; font-style:italic; font-weight:600!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .bottom"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/QPjr1Rg/image.png); height:128px; border-radius:0px 0px 30px 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar"]position:absolute; margin-left:125px; margin-top:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar img"]filter:grayscale(1); margin-left:-3px; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .icon"]background-image:url(https://thumbs2.imgbox.com/09/12/Vjz9tMhF_b.png); background-size:cover; height:110px; width:110px; border-radius:100px; margin:10px 10px 10px 10px; position:absolute; filter:grayscale(10%) sepia(10%);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins:500,600,700]

close tab

played by

Flood

X
She/Her
March 6th
Nimbasa City
Asexual
Ultramodernist
Executive
5'7 height
5'7 height
Look to the future, see in it everything you've ever wanted. Now find the strength to grab it.
awards
514 posts
part of
TAG WITH @flood
Xenon Antheil
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2024 20:32:39 GMT
Xenon Antheil Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","xenon"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

Xenon hums noncommittally as she turns his answer over to examine it, she couldn't find anything to disagree with there. "I don't think I would either. The future is meant to keep evolving, but something cut this branch right as it was flowering. It's a bit sad." Her gaze follows to where he's pointing, calmly analyzing the massive Corviknight silently standing sentinel over its dead kingdom. "But I can still appreciate their sense of style. Not enough people can appreciate the elegance of a clockwork creation."
[break][break]
The scientist moves closer to Mint as he checks his handheld reader, a slight coo escaping her lips as she barely stops herself from leaning in closer to look at it herself. "Whatcha scanning for? Infinity Energy, Interdream Mist, Terastal Crytals? All of them at once?" Xenon holds up her own reader as she asks, shaking it a little and getting a little blip from the north. Direction of the clock tower as it so happened, definitely something interesting in that direction. "Nothing wrong with Xenon right? Unless you're trying to use some cool code names in this barren wasteland where no other life remains, in which case you can call me X~ Keeps things nice and simple right?"
[break][break]
With that said she would snap a Pokeball from her belt and release her choice of partner for the day, an iron elephant easily larger than herself, eyes and face hidden under a black and red trunk glowing with an unknown energy. Mint's reader might start beeping a little more intently depending on what it was looking for, but Xenon made no comment on that as she reaches into her backpack and pulls out some kind of magnetic hand and foothold she'd slap onto the Iron Treads's side. "You got a ride to the clock tower? If not I've got another set of handholds you can use if you wanna ride with me." She says it so casually, but the way she was holding onto the side of this mechanical beast as it folds up into a strange ball... well, it seemed rather dangerous.

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.xenon]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,662 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2024 6:42:42 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

"I meant for my stream." Mint complained. "They're recording, but we have no signal out here to I'll have to edit it later with a voice over." he explained at the pink Rotom buzzed back, floating by his head, running back footage of something far off. He stopped to analyze before turning back towards is partner. "The science corps managed to salvage and kit this for different signatures, but there's always noise when it comes to infinity." he said with a small sigh. [break][break]

Though if Xenon was working with energy signatures she'd be well aware of the problem as well. "No, Xenon is fine. You can call me Mint for now." he said with a small nod. He looked over at the paradox before hopping on. "I'm down, don't have this one yet." he said after giving a quick look of appraisal at the pokemon before pocketing his reader. His Rotom chirped again as the pair made their way closer to their target. Tall and abandoned. A little worse for wear but at least it wasn't leaning. [break][break]

But it's- "Not moving. The hands are completely still like you reported." he said to his companion, looking over at his Rotom as the dual type giggled in autotune. His Rotom floats away moving closer to the entrance of the Clocktower. "Weird their giant guard dog Corviknight moves but not this-" and as he says that an array of strange electronic sounds and metal banging echoes from within. "What was that?" he blurted out, though his brain's already processing. He hissed something at his pokemon, urging it to come back before it was spotted. They needed to hide. "Think your partner will blend in with them or...?" he said already sliding off the pokemon. [break][break]

05 investigate a broken clock tower and discover that they are missing parts.

[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

[newclass=".minty"]width:500px; margin:0px auto; border:20px solid #141414; background:#141414; border-radius:50px 50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .bg"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/bvgZ1Rv/image.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .top"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/h7pSrwb/image.png); height:375px; border-radius:30px 30px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .colorbar"]background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:30px; margin-top:-90px; position:absolute; width:500px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .main"]font:11px/15px 'Roboto'; color:#fff; text-align:justify; padding:20px 70px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .main b"]color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .ooc"]margin-top:10px; padding:10px 30px; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); font:10px 'Roboto Mono';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .ooc b"]font:13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; font-style:italic; font-weight:600!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .bottom"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/QPjr1Rg/image.png); height:128px; border-radius:0px 0px 30px 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar"]position:absolute; margin-left:125px; margin-top:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar img"]filter:grayscale(1); margin-left:-3px; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .icon"]background-image:url(https://thumbs2.imgbox.com/09/12/Vjz9tMhF_b.png); background-size:cover; height:110px; width:110px; border-radius:100px; margin:10px 10px 10px 10px; position:absolute; filter:grayscale(10%) sepia(10%);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Flood

X
She/Her
March 6th
Nimbasa City
Asexual
Ultramodernist
Executive
5'7 height
5'7 height
awards
514 posts
part of
TAG WITH @flood
Xenon Antheil
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2024 23:44:38 GMT
Xenon Antheil Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","xenon"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

The ultramodernist lets a hum of understanding loose as Mint corrects her, covering up a smile as she turns away and muffles a giggle. "Right, right, you're a streamer. That's fun, streaming all our little acts of domestic terrorism and general villainy, makes for good propaganda." Someone needed to recruit new talent for their war in the end, and it certainly wasn't going to be her. So she'd play along with this whole streaming bit while they had their adventure, at least until it got obnoxious.
[break][break]
"Feel free to give me a funny name in the voice over if you want~ Oh, but make sure to only get my good side, I gotta look nice and ultramodern for the world." She comments as they ride her Iron Treads to their destination, an old worn out clock tower standing tall in the middle of this Mechanical Kingdom. "Well if it's not moving, it's probably because it's broken in some way right?" A simple answer to a simple quandary, if a clock isn't moving, it's because it's missing a gear in there somewhere. Xenon's hand grasps at the backpack slung over her shoulder, a few metal bits and bobs she had brought along scraping up against one another and clanking lightly as she gets ready to go in and start her investigation.
[break][break]
But then something shifts in the atmosphere, maybe it's their arrival that prompts it, but something inside the clock tower wakes up and starts making noise. "Only way to learn is by doing, only way to win is by learning, only way to begin is by beginning." She mutters quickly as she darts off to the side, heading straight for a pile of inactive robotic pokemon and scooting behind it to try and get some cover for whatever might come next.

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,662 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2024 0:04:24 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

"Good luck, buddy." he said to the Iron Treads as Xenon took off. He didn't even question where, moving to a group what looked like deactivated robots tending to something on the side walk. Trying not to trip on missing cobblestone he gets behind what he thinks is a mechanical Machamp stuck n a loop, rusted limbs creaking softly. A group of seemingly rusted metal Machomp and Machoke seem to imitated its stretches. He places himself behind a Machoke and copies, acting gas stiffly as possible. His Rotom delights, catching the display. [break][break]

A group of Magearna and Volcanion all clamber stiffly out of the Clocktower. They pass by the rusted group without so much as a glance. In their wake they drop off pieces of what looked like dismantled pieces of themselves before continuing back towards the castle in the distance. [break][break]

He waited until he couldn't hear them, and then his Rotom chirped. Mint sighed in relief before calling out softly, "You good?" He turned to wave at his partner, the ghost type zipping towards him to show what it'd recorded. "Sounds like most of them left, but who knows for how long." he said, nodding over to the Rocket as he slipped inside to continue exploring. [break][break]

07 pretend to be a part of the animatronic robot Pokemon to avoid detection.

[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

close tab

played by

Flood

X
She/Her
March 6th
Nimbasa City
Asexual
Ultramodernist
Executive
5'7 height
5'7 height
awards
514 posts
part of
TAG WITH @flood
Xenon Antheil
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2024 20:17:43 GMT
Xenon Antheil Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","xenon"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

Boron lets out a electronic grunt of acknowledgement towards Mint as he dashes off, beady red eyes trained straight ahead as it waits for whatever is to come out of that clock tower. It wouldn't have to wait long as a group of rusty Magearna and Volcanions open the doors, carrying bits and pieces of other models of their kind out and dumping them on the ground. A passing glance is thrown at the Iron Treads as one Magearna stops to scan it over, Boron's LED eyes narrowing to a pin prick as it stares the mechanical princess down in turn. But it seems to pass muster as the robot turns back around to follow its squadron, Mint and Xenon emerging from hiding soon after.
[break][break]
"I could've taken them." The scientist responds as she climbs out of the pile of broken robots, it would seem that at some point she literally dug into the metal mound to better hide herself. She glances up at the unmoving clock hands as they enter inside, vaguely noting that the time was 12:15 when the apparatus halted its movement.
[break][break]
Inside the tower is about what can be expected from such a place, a mess of ticking gears and swinging pendulums, broken down robots and steam hissing from cracked pipes that have been running for far too long. Xenon's eyes scan over everything she can reach as she grabs a rolling ladder and swings it around to the back wall, attention focusing on one point in particular. "Hey hold this steady for me." She doesn't wait to see if Mint complies as she takes a step up on the ladder, climbing up towards some point only she could see while simultaneously shrugging off her backpack and flipping it open. "Would you say, half an hour is a good amount of time to spend studying this place?"

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,662 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 9:51:52 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

"You can give chase then." Mint said with a grin as his's Rotom joined them once more. "I'm more interested in what's inside." he added as he dusted himself off after the danger had passed. [break][break]

He takes a moment to marvel at the structure above them and all the bits leftover. There's so much to take in and o little time. He doesn't know when the robots will be back, but he'd rather be done with his research before they returned. "Hey! Be careful!" he hissed, slapping hi hands on the ladder to steady her. [break][break]

"If you crack your head I have to carry you back immediately." he hissed. "Not exactly an injury you can just, fix on the field." he added as she climbed ever upwards. He blinked at the question before shrugging. "Sure, but how do you know those things won't be back before then?" he asked, eager to see what she was cooking up.

[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

close tab

played by

Flood

X
She/Her
March 6th
Nimbasa City
Asexual
Ultramodernist
Executive
5'7 height
5'7 height
awards
514 posts
part of
TAG WITH @flood
Xenon Antheil
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2024 20:20:02 GMT
Xenon Antheil Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","xenon"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

"Good thing you're doing such a good job holding the ladder steady then." Xenon responds offhandedly as she digs around in her backpack, pulling up a large gear and squinting at it. "It's an educated guess. I was observing the topography of the land before we left and judged that it would take about 15 minutes to get from here to the castle riding on a Pokemon. Presumably those Magearna and Volcanion are going there to get something, then they're gonna take another fifteen minutes to get back here, maybe a little longer if what they're carrying is heavy." As she explains this she fits the gear onto an empty peg between two cogs, taking care to keep her fingers clear of interlocking spaces.
[break][break]
And of course it slides cleanly into place with a satisfying click, its brethren on either side ticking clockwise and counterclockwise as a wave of motion erupts through the walls of the clock tower. "More importantly than any of that though, is the fact that we're now on a 45 minute time crunch before every single mechanical guard here swarms the clock tower. I figure 30 minutes to investigate and 15 minutes to make a break for it is more than enough time." Xenon latches her backpack shut once more and slides down the ladder smoothly, brushing the dust off her shirt and stretching her fingers nonchalantly.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[break]

NOTES

[break]
11 involve a race against time in some way. [break]
🗺️ THE METAL GEAR can be used to activate a gate, machine, or any other gear-based mechanism to overcome an obstacle, reactivate a machine or mechanical pokemon, or more.

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,662 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2024 23:22:51 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

The second she's down, he's syncing their watches. Or well, his Rotom is setting the timer before grinning excitedly. It's eager to explore the abandoned tower and whatever little trinkets it may be able to find to take over. Strangely enough, the mechanisms inside begin to move. He had to assume the clock face was beginning to tick too. She's right. With sudden movement in the clock tower, they'd swing back to investigate. [break][break]

Mint sets to work spreading out quickly and seeking out anything that may be written and still clear. Unfortunately, any parchment or paper adjacent is tattered or turns to dust as soon as he breathes on it. He rises ever higher in the tower, trying to move quickly as his Rotom follows him on his discoveries. Not much grabs his interest. He pilfers a few knick knacks here and there, but none of it offers insight. [break][break]

There's not a lot of art, nor written word. Mint has to draw his own conclusions about this strange society from what they left behind and what the robotic pokemon still worked on. As he takes in what he thought was a working nook, he notices a defunct looking Magearna, chest cavity open with other assorted parts resting next to it on the workbench. Something old and rusted had already been ripped out and a bunch of similar looking pieces had been collected, but nothing quite right he figured. As he smoothed his way past he runs into larger pieces of broken down robots. One piece he shoves to the side to continue walking, clicks open much like the Magearna, except headless. It feels like a puzzle that's easy enough to complete, so he waves off his Rotom and pulls out a knife. His partner buzzed around him, offering enough light for the Beast to find and snap out a gear. He steps back to the workbench to give it a quick comparison before trying to shove the piece into the mostly complete looking Magearna. [break][break]

It clicks in loudly and he has enough sense to pull away his hand before the chest closes and the robot begins spasming. He backs away, suddenly realizing this was probably a bad idea. It probably is. What else could that lunge mean? The Magearna moves suddenly and smashes against a shelf behind him, rattling the old furniture. The movement is enough to shake off a HEAVY BALL that smacks down on the thing with a THUNK! [break][break]

To Mint's surprise, it's captured but seconds after it seemed to be over the ball began moving again. The pilfers the rest of what he can before darting off and back down. As he makes his way back to Xenon, he checks his watch. "Okaaay, time to leave Xenon!" he shouted just as he heard the Magearna burst out of the ball he'd shoved under some heavier looking oak tables. So much for that plan. [break][break]

He lets out his Beheeyem as he takes the stairs two at a time. Just as he makes it to the bottom, his watch goes off. "One second Gnocchi, she should be here any minute." he said as the Beheyeem floated casually next to him. He knew the drill, waited for Mint's companion and bounced. Or until he was threatened. Usually it was the companion one though. [break][break]

ULcinREW

[break][break]

🗺️ the HEAVY BALL can be used to devastate a mechanical pokemon due to its weight. though it can be used to "temporarily capture" a mechanical pokemon, it is prone to malfunctioning, which will cause the mechanical pokemon to escape by the end of your expedition.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2024 17:53:15 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

EXPEDITION COMPLETE!

REWARDS - THESE CAN BE ADDED INTO YOUR ACCOUNT & PC

[break][break][break][break]

TATTERED[break]
INSTRUCTION MANUALS

IT'S ALIVE!!

[break][break]
If you have gathered TATTERED INSTRUCTION MANUALS 'TYPE FULL RECIPE A, B, C, D, E, F', your character will be able to piece together the formula to create the Synthetic Pokemon, TYPE: NULL. Creating this creature requires the cells taken from all Pokemon types and/or physical body parts of Pokemon.[break][break]

However, to create this Pokemon is a macabre and unethical endeavor. Feel free to explain how your character receives a TYPE: NULL in some other fashion, but do note that its creation is most likely rooted in the most reprobate and unprincipled of practices.[break][break]

Furthermore, many are wary of this creature, for it had turned on its owners during the ULTRA BEAST WAR thanks to Megalopolan technology designed by JULES COTILLARD. Perhaps, these manuals were written by them...[break][break]

You will BE ABLE TO EVOLVE THE TYPE: NULL using a LEGENDARY CANDY. Furthermore, the recipe is so esoteric, difficult, and up to chance, that replicating the formula to create another will not be feasible.[break][break]

Feel free to TRADE IN YOUR TYPE FULL RECIPES into the SITE SHOP for a TYPE: NULL (pick moveset and ability like a gachapon Pokemon).[break][break]