awards
2,633 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
vct: freya vs luka
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2024 23:58:54 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

freya hasn't yet worked in close quarter with luka, but they've circled similar documents, worked on the same email threads, and have shared a few words of correspondence in the sake of keeping the cog spinning. so she's happy she can finally put a proper face to the name as she walks onto the pitch. 

lyune follows behind her, blinking sleep from his eyes. they'd taken a respite following their last match. 

"luka! it's good to finally see you."

[attr="class","heroesgymbar"]

no gimmick chosen yet
[newclass=.heroesgymbar]background-color:#333333;padding:5px;height:5px;margin-top:10px;margin-bottom:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
she looks like, if you bit her, honey and milk would flow from her
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2024 6:05:30 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

"Madame Morningstar! It's nice to meet you! I-in person, I mean."[break][break]

Ugh. Does that sound too formal? Too silly? Beautiful women always make her head spin.[break][break]

But Luka shares the sentiment— they've worked together tangentially, but never intimately. Which is a shame, for it seems they both have a vested interest in the success of the ranger's amnesty program. Perhaps this battle could be just what they need to bridge the gap.[break][break]

Her Sylveon plods in front of her, ribbons dangling idly by her sides as she sizes up her opponent. They're at an advantage, but though Luka knows not to let that get to her head, Sugar looks rather smug as she flashes the Salamence a cheeky little wink.[break][break]

"But gosh, um. This is exciting! Good luck...ah, n-not that you'll need it, I'm sure!"

[break][break]
♥ ♥ ♥[break]outfit ref[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","name"]luka chêne

[attr="class","subtxt"]I don't know anything with certainty,[break]
But the sight of the stars makes me dream

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Roboto+Mono|Montserrat|Robot+Mono|Poppins]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,633 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2024 0:01:55 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

another fae. lyune's distaste is palpable to the draconid and the only hint of it to luka is a slight, amused wrinkle of freya's nose. she's heard of luka and her bubbly personality, but she hadn't been expecting to see a sylveon incarnate walk onto the field. 

she looks like she should be cheerleading on the sides more than she should be on the field. still, that doesn't let freya deter her from the fact that the sylveon is a powerful threat. 

lyune doesn't either. 

"good luck to you too! hey, maybe after this, if we have some free time, we could grab a coffee? actually meet in person?"

lyune doesn't care for making plans. itching for a fight, he unfurls his wings and leaps into the air, eyes narrowing as he exhales a thin stream of explosive flames.

lyune uses flamethrower
yUdl8qZV
[newclass=.heroesgymbar]background-color:#333333;padding:5px;height:5px;margin-top:10px;margin-bottom:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2024 5:44:22 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

"Really? I'd love that!"[break][break]

Her face splits into an eager grin, and some of the residual nerves start to dissipate. The dragon master is far less intimidating in person than she had assumed, and Luka feels rather guilty for her presumptions in the first place. It certainly isn't Freya's fault that powerful women send her into a tizzy.[break][break]

"I'm sure we'd have a lot to t— oh! Look out, Sugar!"[break][break]

The command is clearly understood, but it comes a split second too late. The battle starts without any preamble and her Sylveon, taken by surprise, doesn't leap out of the way in time. The tips of her ribbons are singed and she hisses up at Lyune, tiny fangs glinting in the light.[break][break]

With an irritated mewl she launches a dazzling gleam at her airborne opponent, so bright that Luka has to shield her eyes against it.

[break][break]
♡ ♥ ♥[break]h_IDmbX6 + 10 from sygna suit[break]outfit ref[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,633 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2024 20:14:53 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

these last few matches, lyune has summoned extra strength from his salamencite. maybe it's a comfort for him. terastalization is still so new, and the shards adorning his crest are many. 

in the face of these adversaries, there is one power he's become more familiar with. so it's the silver piece that glitters when the fae's attack volleys towards him. liquid metal spills over his scales; armor stitches itself around him, protecting him from the deadly attack. 

pink motes of dust bounce harmlessly off of his steel scales. the wrought crown above his head glistens and with newfound resolve, he digs his claws into the earth and summons phantasmal plants to entangle his prey.

lyune uses frenzy plant
QAEE|9_A
Terastal Pokémon receive a +15 modifier on every roll that's an even number.

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2024 23:11:45 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

"Eh...oh!"[break][break]

Terastalization is a power Luka hasn't familiarized herself as much as she should. She's surprised when the dazzling gleam causes only a glancing blow, but after a few seconds too long, it clicks. This is bad— it's their first time battling a terastal Pokemon, and she isn't sure what to do next.[break][break]

But that's the whole reason they're here in the first place. Luka doesn't battle much when it's not necessary, so this tournament is a crash course in strategy without the threat of death looming overhead. She watches Freya and Lyune carefully, taking notes as best she can.[break][break]

Sugar, for her part, hisses her annoyance and shifts tactics. She darts around the field to try and avoid the encroaching vines, but her legs get tangled around the vegetation instead. With another hiss and a bit of flailing she attempts to throw a shadow ball at the Salamence, but it misses wildly.

[break][break]
♡ ♡ ♥[break]_i2w|QXd + 10 from sygna suit (but it's actually a 3 lol)[break]outfit ref[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,633 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2024 4:14:23 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

the plants are shades of the real thing, wisps of conjured dragonfire with a gastly tangibility. thorns stud the sides of this thick briar and lyune wades through it. the expended energy makes his sides heave, but still he steps closer and closer to the writhing sylveon. 

he splits his maw again and this time a thin silver streak of light blasts from behind his tongue at the pokemon.

lyune uses tera blast

1nE2Zf9O +15
Terastal Pokémon receive a +15 modifier on every roll that's an even number.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights