awards
2,629 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
vct: freya vs lucia
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2024 1:15:07 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she doesn't recognize the next trainer that pops up on her hub and she's somewhat relieved for it. as fun as it is to blow off steam with people she knows and to fight in a more casual setting (gods, she missed this), part of the reason why she's even here is to assess the combat prowess of up and coming trainers. 

lyune stands at the ready, licking his wounds from their previous battle. 

when their new combatant approaches, freya offers her warm smile (which is thin-lipped and not very warm at all) and a wave.

[attr="class","heroesgymbar"]

[newclass=.heroesgymbar]background-color:#333333;padding:5px;height:5px;margin-top:10px;margin-bottom:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Madda

she/her
December 25
Cascarrafa, Paldea
??????
Trainer
Civillian
0 height
0 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
161 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lucia
Lucia Aldrete
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2024 4:10:31 GMT
Lucia Aldrete Avatar
Another new battle! Lucia was slowly becoming used to getting her start on the battle in this tournament. Although still upset by her lack of wins, she was still somewhat grateful for the chance of practicing for the gym challenge.

It was more important anyway. This tournament would come and go, but being Champion was all that mattered.

Her next opponent sat on the other side of the court with a Salamance. Those fearsome and grueling eyes that almost radiated a savage nature that all dragon-types possessed. It looked pretty fearsome to be on the receiving end of it's fury.

So once again, Hero had his work cut out for him. Lucia greeted her opponent, promptly waving in return.

"Um, Hi."

One word that painted an entire picture about her for any person who was keen enough. A beat of silence came between them while she tried to think of what or would have said. They seemed to be confident! So maybe she could to...

"Let's have a good match."

Her fingers dug into the oversized jacket on her body and threw out the pokeball containing the Dunsparce. Hero let out as fearsome as a cry he could manage in the face of certain battle. His head craned back to face his trainer, which Lucia put on a brave face and did her best to reassure him.

"You can do it, Hero! Show 'em what we trained for!"

The Dunsparce swung back around to face his opponent with a sudden renewed energy. He puffed himself up and rattled at the Salamance. How fearsome!

- Hero (Dunsparce) | ♥♥♥

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,629 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2024 0:12:09 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

he doesn't react at first, when the dunspace enters the field. freya appreciates its wiggling rump, thinking it kind of cute, but lyune holds no such affections. his last battles had been against worthy foes! twisted, fae-touched knights are worthy opponents for a dragon, but this?

"good luck to you, and to hero!" she says, friendly enough, followed up by a command to lyune.

despite freya's call to keep a level head, his pride gets in his way. he spares freya a glance and then spits up a halfhearted flamethrower at the tiny creature. 

lyune uses flamethrower
5X1A6IJe
[newclass=.heroesgymbar]background-color:#333333;padding:5px;height:5px;margin-top:10px;margin-bottom:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Madda

she/her
December 25
Cascarrafa, Paldea
??????
Trainer
Civillian
0 height
0 height
awards
161 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lucia
Lucia Aldrete
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2024 1:04:15 GMT
Lucia Aldrete Avatar
"Heh, thank you."

Lucia observed the Salamance with a curious brow. She studied for this back at Blueberry Academy! But what were dragons weak against again?...Fairy and Steel? Or was it Poison? She chided herself for mixing up types in the heat of the moment like this, but had to keep calm for her Dunsparce.

"He's stronger than you, Hero, but don't him intimidate you! We've been through worse!"

Hero kept his eyes peeled against his opponent. His body language gave away his general fear, but he held his ground firm. Once the Salamance attacked with a Flamethrower, he summoned forth latent energies around his body. These orbs flew in the direction of the dragon, with Hero using ANCIENT POWER in the face of adversity!

DUJPNPCA

- Hero (Dunsparce) | ♥♥♥

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,629 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2024 4:48:05 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

to the little dunsparce's credit, it stays its ground. ancient-powered rocks fly through the flames and strike lyune's armored chest, molten and smoking. he steps over the coals, crunching them to dust, and flexes his claws into the earth. his long neck snakes down to the ground and he turns his head, considering the creature. 

then he takes a couple of steps forward. his claws scrape against the earth, igniting with purple flame, and he brings down one mighty paw against the dunsparce.

lyune uses dragon claw
NPxRW7Ms
close tab

played by

Madda

she/her
December 25
Cascarrafa, Paldea
??????
Trainer
Civillian
0 height
0 height
awards
161 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lucia
Lucia Aldrete
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2024 10:12:01 GMT
Lucia Aldrete Avatar
Hero's attack hadn't exactly found its mark, as the Salamance just ground it easily into dust. The attack did terrify the normal-type as it wiggled around the area in front of the opponent.

Once it came close, Hero would quickly surround himself in lavender colored flames that licked the curvature of his body. He popped up once and then used all of his power to rush straight towards the Salamance, using a DRAGON RUSH to try and surprise him as the Salamance bounded towards the Dunsparce.

2yIvAsbG

- Hero (Dunsparce) | ♥♥

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,629 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2024 20:03:02 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

his claws find purchase, but a latent draconic energy rises to meet him and lyune hisses as the pokemon launches itself as his armored chest. singe marks are left in its wake; the brief entanglement of their spirits has left a mark. 

enraged at the indignity, the salamencite wrapped in freya's braids begins to glow. he summons his evolution as he's forced backward by the dunsparce. heels dig into the ground as muscles bulge and when the transformation is complete, deadly claws flash out once again to swat the dunsparce away from him.

lyune uses dragon claw
Gdyto55x +20
Mega Evolution users receive a +20 modifier to any two consecutive rolls. These two rolls cannot be split.
close tab

played by

Madda

she/her
December 25
Cascarrafa, Paldea
??????
Trainer
Civillian
0 height
0 height
awards
161 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lucia
Lucia Aldrete
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 2:17:52 GMT
Lucia Aldrete Avatar
Thrown back one more, the Salamance's attack had pushed the poor Dunsparce to his limit. The poor little guy fluttered his wings as he was down to his last heart. Lucia frowned at the result of the battle, even after Freya's last hit had met its mark. With one swift DRAGON CLAW, it was over.

Another loss, another time for her to curse at the world. Lucia recalled Hero back into his pokeball and groaned. Then in a swift display, threw her goggles on the ground and let out a frustrated noise. Before she could let out all of her anger, she'd hang her head low at the results screen thrown up.

"Good match...I guess."

Lucia pouted, head driven to the floor. She looked down at the AR goggles and exhaled, her face hidden behind the curtain of onyx colored hair.

"Maybe I should have stayed at Blueberry..."

eitN|jzI

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,629 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2024 2:05:16 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

and thus they reach the end of the match. lyune sheds the extra muscle and shakes out his wings, lumbering back to his mistress' side of the field. she withdraws his ball and gives him a well earned rest (though she could have done with a bit more humility). 

it's why she feels somewhat responsible for the young girl's tantrum, though that doesn't mean she knows what to do about it. 

"hey, you did great, kid. not many trainers can stand up to lyune like that. you and your dunsparce are already way ahead of the game."

close tab

played by

Madda

she/her
December 25
Cascarrafa, Paldea
??????
Trainer
Civillian
0 height
0 height
awards
161 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lucia
Lucia Aldrete
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2024 3:29:27 GMT
Lucia Aldrete Avatar
The news came as a bit of a surprise to young Lucia, who had thought that nobody really had come close to landing any attack on this beast of a Salamance. Her spirits were dampened by the loss, though she could only push forward.

"Really?" she asked, looking up to the other woman.

For a moment, her eyes were filled with that spirit of determination to get stronger to challenge the woman again.

"I guess we just have to trainer harder then!"

She shook Freya's hand and was off on her way into the world once more.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights