saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,053 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
vct: matias vs marianne
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2024 7:13:43 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias matyleday"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"hello, marianna loveface."[break][break]

he butchers 's surname as he recites it from memory even if he had only read it mere minutes ago. in his defense, it's an odd surname, and he had trouble with her first name as well.[break][break]

not even realizing he got her first name wrong, he points at meowth.[break][break]

"that's your opponent. we're ready whenever."

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".matyleday"] --accent:#5d464e!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".matias"] --accent: #5d464e } .matias b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .matias i { font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px; } .matias { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .matias .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .matias .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .matias .body span { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; } .matias .bottom { background: var(--accent); padding-top:10px; min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .matias .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".matias .oocnotes"] border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding-top:15px; width:200px; margin:10px auto 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".matias .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .matias .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .matias .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Mary, Annie
She/Her
July 8
Lilycove City
Demisexual
Museum Coordinator
Civilian
WORK WIFE
it's all for you
5'2" height
5'2" height
couldn't possibly tell you how i feel, cuz i'm shy shy shy
awards
107 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marianne
Marianne Lovelace
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2024 20:47:17 GMT
Marianne Lovelace Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","maritest"]
[attr="class","body"]

Marianna Loveface? She laughed loudly, amused beyond belief that the first person whose name she felt confident she knew all tournament had gotten her name wrong.[break][break]

"My mother isn't going to believe this," she said, shaking her head as she summoned her Klefki. "Groudon is her favorite Pokemon, and you're her favorite member of the Elite Four."[break][break]

Her mom even had one of those creepy Matias merch mugs that had been discontinued by the League, informing Marianne very confidently that Matias could 'get it' when trying to explain her baffling purchase.[break][break]

"I didn't realize you liked Meowth," she remarked, surprised by his choice. Not that it mattered. She basically had already written off this battle as a loss, given her opponent.

TAGS[break]
NOTES – Vital City Tournament: Matias vs Marianne!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".maritest"]--accent:#ffb69e;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,053 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 3:06:00 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

matias could get it; 's mom has excellent taste, though it's a shame she won't ever get the chance to have an actual taste. he is a taken man, heart owned by two.[break][break]

"well, tell her i said hello, and that i appreciate her support."[break][break]

he smiles, starting the battle with meowth's TRAILBLAZE.[break][break]

"i didn't up until recently. heard it was marred or something."[break][break]

MuzxIkCd[BREAK]
HP: 4/4

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".matias"] --accent: #5d464e } .matias b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .matias i { font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px; } .matias { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .matias .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .matias .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .matias .body span { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; } .matias .bottom { background: var(--accent); padding-top:10px; min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .matias .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".matias .oocnotes"] border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding-top:15px; width:200px; margin:10px auto 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".matias .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .matias .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .matias .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Mary, Annie
She/Her
July 8
Lilycove City
Demisexual
Museum Coordinator
Civilian
WORK WIFE
it's all for you
5'2" height
5'2" height
awards
107 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marianne
Marianne Lovelace
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 4:01:49 GMT
Marianne Lovelace Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"Oh sure, can do," Marianne said, though she had the tiniest suspicion this was just a canned thing celebrities said. "She'll be glad to hear it."[break][break]

Frankly her mother would whine about the fact that Marianne had failed to get a selfie with the man, and then she'd also ask aggressively whether or not he battled shirtless and without shoes like the gossip magazines said.[break][break]

And really, Marianne didn't know why her mother was so hung up on a person who had such crazy and bizarre rumors, but eh. Her mother never been one for reason.[break][break]

TRAILBLAZE is met by her Klefki's FLASH CANNON, blinding the Galarian Meowth as it strikes![break][break]

"Wait. What do you mean by marred?"[break][break]

ZW5v7dwQ
[break]
3/3 HP

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".maritest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,053 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 14:45:04 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"i can also record a message for her, if you'd like. i heard it's something famous people do sometimes."[break][break]

sort of like charity work, except he doesn't voice that thought out loud as he doesn't want to lose yet another fan. 's mother is safe for now.[break][break]

"oh, like it has a bad reputation because of associations with someone of infamy. unsure, though."[break][break]

FLASH CANNON blinds meowth, causing it to swing its SHADOW CLAWS wildly.[break][break]

6uDzjaOo[BREAK]
HP: 3/4

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Mary, Annie
She/Her
July 8
Lilycove City
Demisexual
Museum Coordinator
Civilian
WORK WIFE
it's all for you
5'2" height
5'2" height
awards
107 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marianne
Marianne Lovelace
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2024 2:40:04 GMT
Marianne Lovelace Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"Bad associations? That's unfair. They're just Pokemon, after all," she said, brow furrowing. How bad would someone have to be to ruin someone's opinion of a Meowth?![break][break]

The SHADOW CLAWS raked through the Klefki's keyring, and she retaliated with a FAIRY WIND, attempting to blow it back.[break][break]

"A recording? Really?" she repeated, eyes lighting up as she grabbed her phone. "Okay! Uh, her name is Karen. Can you say something nice to her?"[break][break]

The red record button clicked on.[break][break]

MDj3eZc_
[break]
2/3 HP

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,053 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2024 4:13:02 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

the moment the red record button clicked, a smile washes over matias' face, as joyful as he'll ever be.[break][break]

"hi karen loveface! matias here. your daughter says you're a big fan, so i wanted to say hi and to invite you out to drinks whenever. let me know!"[break][break]

he waves at .[break][break]

"you can stop recording now."[break][break]

in the foreground, meowth's SHADOW CLAW tries to take klefki down.[break][break]

uRkc2hsV[BREAK]
HP: 3/4

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Mary, Annie
She/Her
July 8
Lilycove City
Demisexual
Museum Coordinator
Civilian
WORK WIFE
it's all for you
5'2" height
5'2" height
awards
107 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marianne
Marianne Lovelace
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2024 4:42:37 GMT
Marianne Lovelace Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Karen Loveface. Oh no. She forgot to correct him, whoops. Uh, it was the thought that counted in these things, right?[break][break]

"She'll be thrilled," Marianne said as she clicked off the phone and stuffed it in her purse. What she didn't ask was how on earth her mother would contact him for drinks, but to be honest, that seemed like it was for the best.[break][break]

Like, her mother was twice 's age, and he was probably already batting out of her League to be quite honest.[break][break]

"Do you do stuff like this a lot?" she asked, the 'stuff' unclear if it referred to the tournament or promising drinks with random unseen fans.[break][break]

Meanwhile, her Klefki used FAIRY WIND.[break][break]

qhWiYImc
[break]
2/3 HP

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,053 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2024 4:57:40 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"no not at all. this is probably the second i've done ever."[break][break]

he lies right through his teeth knowing full well that there's no way could ever confirm his statement. the truth is, he does these recordings often, as at least as often as tells him to.[break][break]

going back to the battle, meowth's POWER GEM fires off again.[break][break]

na2nX4i1[BREAK]
HP: 2/4

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Mary, Annie
She/Her
July 8
Lilycove City
Demisexual
Museum Coordinator
Civilian
WORK WIFE
it's all for you
5'2" height
5'2" height
awards
107 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marianne
Marianne Lovelace
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2024 5:02:21 GMT
Marianne Lovelace Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"Really? I find that surprising. Aren't you, like, popular?"[break][break]

Well, at least she assumed so. Her mother's taste notwithstanding, weren't Elite Fours a big deal? She figured they had a lot of fans.[break][break]

Or big-name League people in general. alone had a whole Poochyena-themed line of League swag that always seemed to be sold-out.[break][break]

"I guess you stay busy, defending the region and all," she added awkwardly.[break][break]

As the POWER GEM zoomed closer, the Klefki retaliated with FOUL PLAY.[break][break]

pzeCAfr5
[break]
1/3 HP

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,053 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2024 5:44:53 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"i don't think i'm that popular."[break][break]

maybe for his wrongdoings, but if and her mother are unaware of that, then he figures it best to leave it that way.[break][break]

FOUL PLAY isn't enough to thwart POWER GEM so meowth fires the same one again.[break][break]

7l2wbQyT[BREAK]
HP: 2/4

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Mary, Annie
She/Her
July 8
Lilycove City
Demisexual
Museum Coordinator
Civilian
WORK WIFE
it's all for you
5'2" height
5'2" height
awards
107 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marianne
Marianne Lovelace
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2024 5:49:53 GMT
Marianne Lovelace Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"Huh, I didn't expect you to be modest," she blurted out without thinking. "Uh, not that you're like, arrogant or anything."[break][break]

She wasn't a woman focused on the present or the future as much as the past. Literally. It was her job to do that at the museum.[break][break]

With the past tactic failing, this time her Klefki tried to PLAY ROUGH![break][break]

5qbmMFKL
[break]
1/3 HP

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,053 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2024 5:52:37 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"thanks."[break][break]

unsure whether to take what says as a compliment or not, he decides on the former, taking what he can get.[break][break]

PLAY ROUGH prolongs the battle, dragging it out until the very end.[break][break]

meowth has to end it now with BLAST BURN.[break][break]

jdkzjOLG[BREAK]
HP: 1/4

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Mary, Annie
She/Her
July 8
Lilycove City
Demisexual
Museum Coordinator
Civilian
WORK WIFE
it's all for you
5'2" height
5'2" height
awards
107 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marianne
Marianne Lovelace
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2024 5:54:35 GMT
Marianne Lovelace Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"You're... welcome?"[break][break]

Yeah, this had gotten awkward. She had made it awkward. Typical Marianne, talking without thinking.[break][break]

At least her mom would be excited about getting a recording of her celebrity crush. Albeit a recording that butchered her name spectacularly.[break][break]

A FLASH CANNON soared out from her Klefki's heart, seeking to see a swift end to the battle![break][break]

9JRonA|P
[break]
1/3 HP

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,053 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2024 5:57:56 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"?"[break][break]

how did he end up losing to ? what universe is this? this must be some sort of alternate one because there's no other explanation as to why he'd lose to a nerd.[break][break]

oh, charity. of course. he lost on purpose.[break][break]

"well fought."[break][break]

HP: 0/4[break][break]

MATIAS LOSES!

[attr="class","bottom"]