March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Side Events: Shalin vs. Priam [VCT]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2024 2:05:41 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin was an intense battle with for the final podium spot as tournament registration was closing. She had to make this flight count. Every Vital was important. She and her Beedrill were tired, but the intensity of the competition was at its peak, every win and loss potentially the difference between being on stage and bubbling out.

Shalin's Beedrill waved a foreleg sting to say hello to . "Oh, Priam! Didn't think I'd run into you a second time! I take it you're looking for a last minute standings bump, too?" she asked the familiar face. Except he probably was just going to have his Pokémon use Pay Day over and over again.

Planning to use Mega Evolution!

{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Queen Zing    Beedrill**     ♥♥♥

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,346 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2024 2:10:37 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
a rematch wasn't what he expected, but it doesn't put a damper on his mood regardless.

"something like that," he tells shalin in a casual tone. "i can't be known as someone who just tries something and quits midway, y'know."

all he does was get his espeon to use pay day, though. that might earn him a worse moniker.

"how about i stop doin' the strat and get the actual espy in the field this time?" he offers, "just to spice our rematch."

for the first time, the espeon shows interest.

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2024 2:23:38 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin threw her hands in the air. "Y-y-you..." she stammered. "You do you!" She would have preferred if the Espeon kept using the weak attack over and over again. Both would get what they wanted: Priam would get cold hard cash, and Shalin would get the points she needed.

The buzzer would cut off further conversation, as would the hum of Queen Zing's wings. Rather than go for the throat like she did last time, this time the Beedrill was content to zip around the Espeon. Propelled by her TAILWIND, its gusts might blow the psychic-type off his feet.

Were Espeon really that small normally? Perhaps she was used to the enormous size of her own Shiny squad a bit too much...

jnkuPnEB

{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,346 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2024 3:19:45 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
his sygna suit activates. it was go time.

the beedrill's tailwind blows wind to their direction, planning to propel themselves towards the espeon's direction. he takes his thumb out and points it downwards.

"gravity."

the espeon releases its cry, emanating enough psychic energy to drag everything downwards, including the beedrill. surely, it won't be faster in the ground as it was in the air.

M6Uiom8_ (+10)
3/3 hp

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2024 3:36:54 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
With the incredible power of the Espeon's mind, gravity sharply intensified, making it impossible for the saddle-wearing Shiny Beedrill to stay in flight. It was a crippling blow, and one that even Mega Evolution could not fix. Despite her Pokémon's plight, Shalin's arms remained idle, leaving her Mega Circlet alone for the moment.

With the wasp down to slow ground movement, all she could do was raise her foreleg stings and shoot a TWINEEDLE volley at her foe. She raised the spears to a higher angle to compensate for the higher gravity. Those needles, while not as strong as the barb on her rear, could still imbibe the purple Pokémon with quite a bit of venom!

yM9U5HQ_

{PC: 3}

Queen Zing    Beedrill**     ♥♥

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,346 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2024 3:44:24 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"pay day!"

the move was gimmicky, but priam uses it in a way different from before. with the rest of espeon's move being unable to block things physically, coins were the next best thing it can use.

the spray of coins clashes against the needles fired by the beedrill in an attempt to block most of the attack with something opaque.

qHEqMJ5_ (+10)
3/3 hp

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2024 3:51:57 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The wall of treasure not only completely blocked the Beedrill's venomous assault, but the high gravity made the coins strike harder, several being lodged between plates of her carapace. They began to grind away at her as her entire body shook from the recoil of her own wings. Shalin had to do something, or she was going to take a loss and never be able to catch Ollie on the rankings.

Raising her right hand to her MEGA CIRCLET, Shalin showered her Beedrill with the light of MEGA EVOLUTION, the golden objects falling off her as she assumed her apex form. Though it took quite the effort to do so, she had limited flight capability in her Mega Evolved form, even in the high gravity field. Hovering low to the ground, she extended her FELL STINGER a second time, determined to pluck the Espeon with it and ravage it with the pain of burning venom.

uP7Q_v8L+20

Mega Evolution 1/2!

{PC: 4}

Queen Zing    Beedrill**     ♥♥

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,346 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2024 3:59:04 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
the mega evolution came. she used it the last time too, and priam isn't sure if playing it serious this time is going to help in the long run.

he won't show doubt though.

"hit them with a pow wow!"

the espeon steps back as the stinger threatens to take a solid hit on him. psychic pulls all the earlier coins towards espeon, forming a makeshift shield against the attack.

regardless, mega evolution inputs enough force in the attack that it pushes the espeon back. a technical win is their win condition with mega evolution in play.

uv|Kx9ry (+10)
3/3 hp

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2024 4:06:35 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Witnessing the PSYCHIC blast detonate, Shalin knew it was over; the coins not only blocked her stinger, but slammed her to the ground, belly-up. Without even waiting for the Pokémon to revert, the Captain recalled her. Her run was over. She just had to hope her last few points would hold against Ollie.

"Guess that's it for me," Shalin said, stepping forward to shake Priam's hand again. "If only there were more time in the tournament, I'd offer you a rubber match. I like your Sygna Suit, though; if you want to meet up after the tournament, I can show you mine!" Regardless of arrangements, the tired Captain would turn the match slip in and sit in the commons, awaiting the tallying of the competitors' points...

{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,346 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2024 4:14:41 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"hehehe, thank you!" compliments were his weakness. "i gotta make use of it too, y'know, instead of just spendin' the rest of the tourney lookin' up ways to pay for it!"

he takes one look at his own sygna suit again, admiring it the same way shalin did, and turns back to her.

"ooh, i'd love to see what you'd have!" the suits were cool, after all. "if the opportunity calls for it, then maybe i'll get to see it!"

opportunities to come out of his hole were limited given his status as rocket, and even going incognito proves risks. he would make a promise, but he isn't sure if he could uphold it.

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2024 15:58:55 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]VCT COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: