snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
de selby
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2024 1:09:41 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]the next time they meet, it's in the bare, bleached bones of their past - tucked away atop mt pyre on the other side of a dimensional wound.

even now, as she stares at the woman before her, she can still feel the rift rippling as if it's right beside her. it tugs at her peripheral, demanding her attention. she does not allow herself to give in.

"how're you feeling?"

a pleasantry, despite the dragon in the room looming behind her.

"no injuries sustained during the icelands, right?"

she still needs her whole. they cannot snuff rocket out beneath their boots in sootopolis without her being in prime condition and with her healing mist now gone, she must rely on other means to achieve the same result.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,154 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
de selby
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2024 2:37:59 GMT
annalise henderson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mango annal"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
"right," annalise echoes, no longer able to resist the pull of the formidable god standing behind . her gaze lifts from the head professor to palkia, wondering if its omniscient eyes can see the practiced lie as it forms on her tongue. "i'm fine."[break][break]physically, at least. she holds her arms out as though it's proof enough. but being back here at mt. pyre drags out old, ugly memories. she thinks of 's viscera as it splatters across the grass, muddied by the sharper, intermingling memory of the unceremonious thud 's smoking corpse made, the sound dampened by snow. [break][break]"what about you?"[break][break]she asks, pulling herself away from the fractures in her psyche. it comes after a faraway pause, but then she's back, her gaze lowering back down to meet illeana's. [break][break]"how do you feel? how does it feel?"[break][break]her gift, she means. her burden.
[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".annal"] --accent:#FFB546!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 60px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
de selby
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2024 2:52:11 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"good, i'm glad you're okay."

if the god sees the lie in terms of spatial strings playing a solemn requiem, it does not show it - merely an observer among mortals at the moment and nothing more.

"have you come back here since...?"

since the meteor came for their heads and left with nothing. does she avoid this place? does it avoid her?

the alchemist feels the changes beneath her feet now - the way the ground hums of spatial matter, the way it begs to be molded into something new to overwrite the carnage littered across hallowed ground. she could do it, you know. she could take annalise's pain, too, and make it different... less dull, incessant ache and more brief, passing sting.

"whole, i think."

she doesn't speak of fissures in the mind, of pink energy trying and failing to seal the wounds back up. the psyche is an irreparable crumbling ruin, even for a god.

"it's - well, different. i'm not sure if i could describe it if i tried..."

she had been a god's chosen before. she knows how it begins, scrapes by, and ends. it has never felt quite like this.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,154 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
de selby
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2024 4:02:16 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
"no," annalise's answer is immediate but not unkind, snapping at the heels of 's lingering question. she had been head ranger, once, and captain now — she could choose what jobs she takes and where, and mt. pyre has always been passed over since then. [break][break]whole. [break][break]the irony of it isn't lost on annalise. she suddenly feels too aware of the frozen ground beneath her snow-caked boots, and all the dead underneath. [break][break]they're lucky, she thinks. even though it doesn't feel like it most of the time. [break][break]"i get it." [break][break]she doesn't, but she remembers being just as vague when she had asked. [break][break]"but what about your powers?" she pries for something with a more tangible answer. "do you think ... do you think you'll be able to close the rifts with them?"[break][break]one such weeping wound in space lives here, waiting for the precise hands of a healer.

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango i { color: var(--accent); font-style: italic; 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango u { color: var(--accent); font: 12px/12px 'Poppins'; text-decoration: underline dotted; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 60px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
de selby
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2024 17:45:34 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]understandable, really... for this place offers no respite, no salvation. it is a final resting place - holy ground - and nothing more.

yet, for her, it is both the beginning and the end. if she stops to pull it apart, to pry atoms away from each other until its laid bare, perhaps she'd see the intricacies of fate woven between skeletons and dirt.

"my powers?"

she blinks, considering.

"i likely could with enough training."

she is still a fledgling, just barely out of the nest. she needs time to grow, to learn, to fly. once she has, she'll take her hands to the spatial wounds of this planet and mend it back together with practiced precision.

"it'll take time, though. for now, we should look to things we can take care of immediately."

her eyes narrow slightly, drawn into focus on annalise's face and not the small, delicate waves of space around her.

"sootopolis, perhaps, would be the easier course of action."

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,154 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
de selby
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2024 21:29:38 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
"true," annalise concedes, willing to drop the topic of unknowns. the rifts created after the meteor are no longer the alarming threat they once were, now reduced to background noise against the screams of larger issues. she just hopes will be ready when urgency calls for a mastery over her powers.[break][break]her breath stills in the hollow of her throat as the conversation turns to sootopolis. the head professor had starved her of any more crumbs since the appointment where she'd mentioned it, but now it's dangled in front of her once more.[break][break]the first thing that comes to mind is the first on her tongue, too.[break][break]"when?" she asks, all her intentions summarized in a single word. 

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango i { color: var(--accent); font-style: italic; 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango u { color: var(--accent); font: 12px/12px 'Poppins'; text-decoration: underline dotted; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
de selby
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2024 1:56:36 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]even if she could, she does not need to conjure up a reality to convince annalise of what must be done. they are both aware - perhaps overly so, in fact - of the threat that occupies a seat in their world.

she has seen it in the quick, hungry snapping of annalise's teeth - lurching to snag whatever scraps of information she can manage to grasp, leaping at the opportunity to wage holy war no matter the personal cost.

it's impressive, really, but the alchemist knows it could be so much more... she looks to mold annalise from a soft, malleable metal into a gilded sword the only way she knows how.

"soon."

a half-truth. it could be next week, month, or year.

"we don't necessarily have to wait for the league, though."

bureaucratic tape can only hold long enough before it, too, breaks.

and after starving the blonde of a filling meal last time, she offers enough to take more than just a single bite.

"if there's enough evidence to warrant a quicker response, they would follow it."

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,154 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
de selby
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2024 23:27:37 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
soon.[break][break]it's not as satisfying as something more definitive could be, but it holds her interest. [break][break]"how much more does the league need?" an edge of bitterness sharpens her question. "you have in the council and now you have palkia on your side — you should bring sootopolis up to them again." [break][break]the league is slow-moving and bureaucratic. she knows firsthand that the only time they make decisions quickly is when losses must be cut. [break][break]her. [break][break]sootopolis. [break][break]others who have disappeared or suffered by rocket design. [break][break]"but ... you're right." she shrugs, a pitiful rise and fall of her shoulders against the outer-worldly pressure exuded by the god behind . [break][break]"i'm only here because people acted without the league's go-ahead. one way or another, it'll get done." [break][break]she can tell by the head professor's words that she's skirting around a preformulated plan, so she digs: "what do you have in mind?"

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango i { color: var(--accent); font-style: italic; 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango u { color: var(--accent); font: 12px/12px 'Poppins'; text-decoration: underline dotted; }.mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
de selby
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2024 16:00:37 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]”yes — we’re losing the upperhand by waiting.”

she understands the frustration. it’s been slowly simmering into a boil on the back burner since the coming and going of meteno. dewford had been a prime example of a simple concept: rocket must be dealt with sooner rather than later.

if they can reclaim the seat of the sea, wrestling sootopolis back from rocket’s clutches… would it be enough? would there be more holes to sink them in the bay now?

”i’ll bring it back up to the league.”

she thinks of , of her innate desire to remove the interlopers from her home lest they defile it further. for her, for annalise, for those oppressed by rocket — she would do more than simply discuss possibilities at a round table.

her arms cross lightly over her chest, then, and space ripples slightly with the movement. it settles as quickly as it occurs.

”we already have the submarine schematics from , but i believe the cavern system connected to the cave of origin to be of better use for us than other points of entry.”

a simple operation, perhaps, is what she’s suggesting. a gathering of information… while she distracts.

”with more information, they’d be more inclined to start moving in so i’ll provide the cover and keep them busy while you and the team work.”

her look is expectant when it rises, as if she expects push back regardless for it is not enough action to feel like retribution… but this is merely the beginning.

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,154 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
de selby
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2024 18:42:08 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
annalise nods, pacified by 's promise. [break][break]her time working beneath the league institution has made her compliant and trusting. even in the heat of her anger, when every impulse is telling her that skirting around the league is their best course of action, that yielding part of her still hopes the outcome will be different. that the league will act differently when illeana calls them into the room again. [break][break]the feeling ebbs as the head professor moves into her actual plan, one that strong-arms the league's involvement. [break][break]"just you?" she asks, more concerned than incredulous. "we don't know how many avatars they have or what they can do, do we? and they'll be able to move fast since sootopolis is, like, their hq." [break][break]and if the avatar of space can't hold them back in the end, annalise and the team won't fare well. [break][break]"our best bet is not being seen at all."[break][break]she looks thoughtful, as though wondering to what extent illeana's powers can be stretched. [break][break]"can you do that? make the cave look empty to them?"

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango i { color: var(--accent); font-style: italic; 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango u { color: var(--accent); font: 12px/12px 'Poppins'; text-decoration: underline dotted; }.mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
de selby
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2024 20:53:17 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]there's still intricacies to work through, to unknot and weave into a concrete strategy... for taking sootopolis will not be easy, even for an avatar of space.

"we know of some avatars and their abilities, but not all."

they're wildcards, even with an intimate knowledge. she would be forced to tread carefully - both for herself and them.

"i'd aim to disorient them and keep them from leaving the area. even if they're fast, they cannot get very far if gravity and direction work against them, can they?"

but like all things, power has limits. she operates like the rules of limitation do not apply to her, but hubris is a foolish thing even gods suffer from. gilded ichor might make her stronger, divine, but she is fallible all the same.

"i'm able to take on the spatial properties of my environment, but i don't believe i could do the same for others - i'd have to test it and see..."

could she figure it out: a way to hide a group of people within sootopolis? perhaps, but the risk outweighs the reward in this instance.

"at the very least, most of rocket's heavy hitters would be preoccupied if i played the part of distraction. it wouldn't be too much time, but perhaps it'd be enough."

for them to get in through other channels and begin to overwhelm the remaining numbers... there are still plenty of small holes in the plan, but she is god-touched and she will force fate to bend the knee one way or another if necessary.

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,154 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
de selby
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 22:36:38 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
annalise drinks in her ambitious plan in full, yet it still leaves her wanting. the unknowns and what ifs whisper doubt in the ranger captain's mind, quiet beneath the strength of 's self-assurance. they can't afford to lose her to a miscalculation. [break][break]her want for retribution doesn't tarnish. she can wait a little longer to make sure they get it right. [break][break]"it has to be enough," she impresses. there's a little rise-and-fall of her shoulders as she takes a breath. [break][break]"talk to the league first," she reiterates with a nod. "and practice as much as you can. and then — when you're ready — let me know and i'll come help."

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
de selby
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2024 2:05:38 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]in the end, annalise is right - it has to be enough.

she'll do what she can to ensure their success for sootopolis cannot continue on as it currently is. and if she can't? there's others able to do as much, if not more, than she.

"okay."

her head bobs slightly in understanding before she takes a step back. space ripples as she moves, but it doesn't quite break.

"i'll keep you updated on their response and my own progress, as well."

a hand rises and begins to pull reality apart at the seams, revealing a small hole in the fabric. she doesn't widen it yet, not when her eyes are still focused on annalise.

"if you need training or practice, too, you know where to find me."

they could do it together... strengthen their cause and harness their conflicted feelings into gilded weapons.

"i'll see you soon, annalise."

and as reality pulls further into a more cohesive rip, a small glimpse of her lilycove home's living room can be seen before she steps into the rift and promptly shuts it behind her. reality reverts back to normal and it's as if she had never been there to begin with...

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,363 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
de selby
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2024 22:42:44 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: