awards
2,620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
ULTRA DEEP SEA: FH
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2024 3:14:04 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

an acrid, cloying stench accompanies the spilled blood. her heel slides against the ground. she sidles away from the struggle; lathliss' jaw locks onto the hardened flesh, eyes gleaming with primal hunger. her shoulders are too wide to get through the hole in the wall and so she sinks jagged teeth in further but poisonous barbs cut through the roof of her mouth. 

scarlet flows around her maw, mingling with the tainted ichor, and she reels back in pain. spitting, hissing, recovering, and all the while freya is thinking of how to diffuse the situation. 

thinking this is all my fault this is all my fault this is all my fault this is all my fault. 

"i need to be strong, baki!" she roars. "there are people who depend on me! you reminded me that!" silver metal glints in the silver-golden glow of the scattered children, slowly drifting together above their mother. they drift in a circle above her now, bells dipped towards the woman brandishing her sword.
close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
oceans of angels, oceans of stars, down by the sea is where you drown your scars
awards
986 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2024 0:00:57 GMT
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbasetsu2"]
[attr="class","star1tsu2"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1tsu2"]

[attr="class","starimgtsu2"]

[attr="class","star2tsu2"]Drake reels. She pays it no mind, as if it weren't even there. [break][break]

She focuses entirely on the councilwoman. There's a recognition in her eyes previously lost, as if possessed with a sudden, fleeting awareness.[break][break]

"Me!?"[break][break]

The children grow more excited with each passing moment. Writhing amidst a halo above her head, their choir is an otherworldly hymn. [break][break]

"You don't need me to remind you of a gods-damned thing. You're YOU, after all. Hero who's gonna save all of Hoenn. [break][break]

"Every time. Every. Time. I keep tellin' you, one time you're gonna die and it'll stick. You'll leave everyone behind. Leave ME behind. We need you. I need you. [break][break]

"But none of that matters to you, so why the change of heart now!? [break][break]

"You're Michael fuckin' Navidson, aren't you!?"
[break][break]

Venom pours from her lips, chest heaving as she bares the weight of those words. Freya's never seen her this way before. Nobody has. This isn't the girl with dead eyes, who buries everything under cool detachment. Not anymore.[break][break]

This is the wounded little girl that one tried to kill, and failed. [break][break]

[attr="class","star3tsu2"]
[attr="class","petalpoketsu2"]
[attr="class","rouxcredittsu2"]

[newclass=.petalbasetsu2]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d5bed2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbasetsu2]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1tsu2]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/GQMBHaM.jpg), #000; background-blend-mode: lighten; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu2]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu2 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoketsu2]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoketsu2 img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1tsu2]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star3tsu2] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/GQMBHaM.jpg), #000; background-blend-mode: lighten; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredittsu2]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2024 2:10:20 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

too far gone. she's too far gone and the cherubs are being whipped into a frenzy. one look over her shoulder and she can see freedom. lathliss will take her back, away from this horrible place, and a new creature will haunt the lucis. 

one time you're gonna die and it'll stick. oh, child, how rare the dead stay dead these days. 

how unavoidable it is that she fall prey to this tangled web of gods and monsters. tsubaki's cry is synchronous with her angel's, but she's still there. and she's scared and she's hurt and freya's going to have to do a whole lot worse to get her out of here.

there's no pulling her out now. not with words. 

lathliss shoves her head back through the busted wall and freya whips out the sword in front of her maw, snarling, "drocar." flames spurt, spill over onto the metal, superheating it to its hilt. 

and with it still glowing, she darts forward and swings. 
close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
oceans of angels, oceans of stars, down by the sea is where you drown your scars
awards
986 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2024 2:42:03 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu2"]The sea is scorched and cut apart. [break][break]

It happens so fast. [break][break]

A slurry of ichor and broken glass spills across the floor, setting the girl free. Gilded nihilego floats in the air, piecing herself together as if nothing had happened. She offers Freya nothing but the sensation of an inquisitive glance, as if she were an innocent child herself. [break][break]

The halo above her head scatters, the spell broken. [break][break]

The mother's children rush and squeeze through the gaps in the walls, disappearing into the dark of the ship, leaving the girl who lies on the floor behind, alone. [break][break]

She looks like a corpse.[break][break]

And then, a sharp breath.[break][break]

"... F-... Fr-..."[break][break]

The look she gives the councilwoman, though weak, confirms she's back to her normal self. Before she can say her name, she desperately looks away, voids black bile from her stomach. Only then does she manage to say anything at all.[break][break]

"... F-Fuck."[break][break]

[newclass=.petalbasetsu2]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1tsu2]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/GQMBHaM.jpg), #000; background-blend-mode: lighten; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu2]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu2 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1tsu2]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star3tsu2] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/GQMBHaM.jpg), #000; background-blend-mode: lighten; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredittsu2]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2024 3:57:42 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she would like to say that the sword cuts through the bell like butter, but reality is more gruesome than that. her wrists ache as they meet hard resistance, blade squealing against the solid membrane. she throws her shoulders into it and when it bursts, ichor sprays down her front. 

it mats in her hair. it gets in her teeth. she sinks deeper, one slippery hand coming off the sword to reach for the girl. heaven releases her; she falls into her arms and the weapon clatters to the ground, spattering dark viscera, globs of golden membrane. 

the start of her name comes - a blessing - and then baki turns abruptly; black matter joins the blood on the deck. freya dare not let her go. 

her hands are on both of tsubaki's arms, urgent. still for a second, roughly pulling her against her the next, chin to crown, eyes squeezed shut, embracing her against the cold steel of a dormant sygna suit, but behind that, a beating heart. 

"i'm sorry," she says. "baki, i'm sorry."
close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
986 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2024 3:31:21 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu2"]The sea has stolen everything. Drained entirely, swallowed whole. She'd drowned for a moment, almost lost. Light fluttering breaths are her defiance of that fate, the only proof she's still here. Weak enough she threatens to disappear again, her existence so light, but... [break][break]

She's stubborn. She'd never let that happen.[break][break]

Tsubaki gathers her remaining strength, whatever little she has left, and she places her hand to Freya's heart. To feel it beat, a reminder to herself of what it is to be alive, as if forgotten. Then, a weak shove, to push the woman away. To look the councilwoman in the eyes. [break][break]

Not much energy left for words, but she's got to cut this off at the head before it festers there. Beneath her palm, in the woman's heart.[break][break]

"... Gods' sake... for what? You didn't... do a-anything."[break][break]

It was her. [break][break]

All her. [break][break]

But cut off one head...[break][break]

"... Got a real bad habit. Blamin' yourself... for things that ain't your fault."[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2024 4:04:17 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

the black ichor staining the side of her face is parted; a thin river tumbles down her cheek. she blinks furiously, nose wrinkling, lip hitching when tsubaki pushes her away. when she holds her hand over her heart. 

i didn't protect you.

i brought danger to your door. 

i hurt you.

and her crimson eyes are blue now, doe-eyed and wondering, white tresses a deep green. she teethes off her glove and wipes at her wet eyes. it's the sea's doing, summoning the visage of delta around tsubaki's skeleton, but the mental reminder gives her little solace. 

she peers through the veil, pulling apart inconsistencies, until the costume falls apart. the laughter of nihilego children floats around them, mischievous and burdensome. 

her bare hand goes over tsubaki's own, cold fingers squeezing gently. then she stands, clears her throat, says wetly as she gathers her blade, "i'll take us out of here on lathliss. we need to make sure you're -  that you're okay."
close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
986 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2024 2:21:55 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu2"]"I'm okay."[break][break]

She lies. [break][break]

It doesn't even register that Freya's holding her hand til she glances down, notices her pale hand stained black in the councilwoman's own. Her head begins to ache, pulsing with the rhythm of the Sea, the shifting of the tides of dynergy. [break][break]

"Lath is...?"[break][break]

She looks around, but her eyes can't focus much further than the woman in front of her. She instead trains her focus on her, the look on her face. The pained expression there hurts her more than anything she can feel in this numb state.[break][break]

Whatever this feeling is, she hates it.[break][break]

"Wh-whatever you gotta do... just... [break][break]

"Promise me... one thing."
[break][break]

That look.[break][break]

If she made anyone else feel that way again...[break][break]

"Don't tell Navy."[break][break]

She'd made a promise. He couldn't know she'd broken it.[break][break]

y4Ls4PzB
[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2024 6:22:05 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

EXPEDITION COMPLETE!

REWARDS - THESE CAN BE ADDED INTO YOUR ACCOUNT & PC

[break][break][break][break]

MOTHER BEAST NIHILEGO

TSUBAKI'S SECRET

[break][break]
The Ultra Burst has now been documented under the Mega Evolution/Ultra Burst mechanic page.[break][break]

Over time, Tsubaki may learn how to Ultra Burst in full (dependent on Nagato's plotting and how she would like to pace her narrative).[break][break]

Click here to navigate to it.[break][break]