[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]THE WILDS:[break]
LESSER MEGALOPOLIS

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

ONGOING EVENT
EXPLORATION

SKY PILLAR[break]✥ LESSER MEGALOPOLIS

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1035423510278979624/1102470275758567474/meglal.mp3[/player][break]
Ultra Megalopolis - Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon
[break]

A RUINED CITY IN ULTRA SPACE. It is unclear whether this is a different universe's Ultra Megalopolis or smaller colony. Regardless, it is a dark city with intermittent sections of flickering, artificial light... Large, black prism-like skyscrapers loom above flat black streets. Much ruin has fallen here, but you get the sense that you're not alone...

PROMPTS

LIST OF PROMPTS

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • 41 encounter tampered z-crystals that have been fitted into generators or machines to generate light. this light does not last long, but shines brightly in sudden bursts. lesser megalo tower occasionally emits light due to this z-crystal technology.
  • 42 access the top of lesser megalo tower. there are several light generators here that can be powered on by tampered z-crystals or z-moves.
  • 43 a SHARD OF NECROZMA, a smaller non-sentient form of the creature, will arrive at the top of lesser megalo tower. it is either attracted by bursts of light from the generators, or waits for the light to come on. the SHARD OF NECROZMA seemingly comes to retrieve light to return to its original self; furthermore, the turned megalopolan denizens of this city also seem to offer it light/z-crystals to placate it. encounter it, flee from it, or fight the shard before it departs.
  • 44 jump off lesser megalo tower.
  • 🗺️ utilize a z-move or poochyena in an advantageous way.
  • 🗺️ SPECIAL HUNT: & will be able to encounter and catch a GUZZLORD or BLACEPHALON (one or the other). they may be armored or embedded with BLACK METAL &/OR SPARKLING STONES. this material may allow them to unleash devastating Z-MOVES, which makes their subduing and/or capture notoriously difficult. afterward, the material will fall from their bodies as defunct scraps.

EXPEDITION TREASURES

AT THE END OF EACH EXPEDITION THREAD, all characters must ROLL for their final post. The HIGHEST FOUR ROLLS will be counted for what TREASURES are retrieved from the location. These treasures will be returned to each faction for future use...

[attr="class","pcContainer"]
[attr="class","greenBg"]

[attr="class","boxContainer"]
[attr="class","boxName"]YOUR HAUL

[attr="class","pcTable"]
[attr="class","pcFlip"]

[attr="class","slot material"]

RULES

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES. A more comprehensive list of rules will be published in each event thread. These rules are also subject to change.[break][break][break]

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • Your character can only be in ONE EXPEDITION THREAD at a time.
  • You may participate with all of your characters; however, be aware of your ability to post.
  • If a thread partner has not posted in awhile, please skip them in this event. Momentum is important for engagement.
  • Since these threads may feature combat, please be reasonable with your battling. Discuss with your group if you'd like one move per post, how many Pokemon are allowed to be brought, etc.
  • Try to keep posts short for clarity and speed.
  • Please be trusting and open to communicating with all of your thread partners.
  • Please INCLUDE WHICH PROMPTS you are using in your expedition thread.
  • Please have at least FIVE POSTS PER CHARACTER in your expedition thread.

IN YOUR FINAL POSTS, PLEASE ROLL.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcContainer]margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 25px; width: 325px; height: 150px; background: #2b2b2b; overflow: hidden; border-radius:5px; border:solid 2px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greenBg]position: relative; margin-left: -70%; width: 70%; height: 120%; background: #9DD404; transform: skewX(-30deg); border-right: 82px solid #96CD04; z-index: 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxContainer]position: relative; margin: 0; margin-top: -150px; padding: 0; padding-left: 5px; width: 300px; margin-right: 350px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxName]background: #fefaff; width: 170px; border-radius: 50px; margin: 0 auto 5px 69px; padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; font-family: Roboto; text-align: center; font-weight: bold; font-size: 16px; color: #000;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable]overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: scroll; direction: rtl; scrollbar-color: #7db302 #87c200; scrollbar-width: thin;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 7px; background-color: #87c200;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color: #7db302;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcFlip]width: 310px; height: 300px; display: flex; flex-wrap: wrap; margin-right: -20px; direction: ltr;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot]background: #fefaff; border-radius: 25%; margin: 10px; width: 40px; height: 40px; text-align: center; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot img]position: absolute; top: 0; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; margin: auto;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,838 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
LESSER MEGALOPOLIS: AI
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2024 15:29:45 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","alex devoncorp"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

bark! bark! bark![break][break]

for whatever reason, india the poochyena has found its way out of its pokeball and is barking at something tucked away in the corner. alexander walks over to investigate, finding a TAMPERED Z-CRYSTAL, though he wonders why that had sparked india's attention.[break][break]

what he fails to realize is that the z-crystal has 's lingering scent on it.[break][break]

"reports say necrozma should approach at any given moment."[break][break]

he looks over his shoulder at before recalling india.[break][break]

"so be ready."[break][break]

41 encounter tampered z-crystals that have been fitted into generators or machines to generate light. this light does not last long, but shines brightly in sudden bursts. lesser megalo tower occasionally emits light due to this z-crystal technology.[break][break

🗺️ utilize a z-move or poochyena in an advantageous way.

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".devoncorp"] --accent:#D49736!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".alex"] --accent: #D49736 } .alex b { background: linear-gradient(to bottom right, #d49736, #d5ad40); -webkit-background-clip: text; -webkit-text-fill-color: transparent; font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .alex { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .alex .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .alex .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .alex .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .alex .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".alex .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 88px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .alex .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .alex .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2024 3:05:48 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]while she appreciates his small warning, she doesn't necessarily need it...

for she can already feel the stirring of necrozma. it's like a starving echo, ravenous even in a spatial matter format. if she looks around, she could try to pinpoint the ripples - find the origin, find the beast, but she does not wish to take her eyes off the tower just yet.

"okay."

her hands flex idly by her sides, as if wanting to call for energy yet not wanting to give into the sensation. too much energy and it'll shine bright like a beacon, effectively blowing their cover and also summoning the masses of hungry megalopolans lurking around this desolate place.

"i can keep it busy when it shows if needed."

she's no longer a liability - only a sentient weapon.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,838 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2024 9:11:36 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

it's only out of habit, really, that his warning had been voiced. he knows there's no need to now; what help can he offer to the avatar of space? if it still feels surreal for him, it must feel otherworldly for .[break][break]

"apologies, old habits are hard to shake."[break][break]

the beacon shines before them.[break][break]

"you lead, i'll support."

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".alex"] --accent: #D49736 } .alex b { background: linear-gradient(to bottom right, #d49736, #d5ad40); -webkit-background-clip: text; -webkit-text-fill-color: transparent; font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .alex { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .alex .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .alex .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .alex .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .alex .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".alex .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 88px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .alex .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .alex .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2024 4:47:15 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"okay."

she tenses slightly before her hands slowly begin to radiate pink energy.

"follow me..."

as they begin to push forward, the shard of palkia in her possession frees itself from the spatial confines of its pokeball to join its avatar in the advance. the dragon's wings unfurl slightly behind her and its tail swishes through dirt, but it does not move to begin attacking the necrozma that has taken up residency atop lesser megalo tower. it simply stares up at the crystalline beast, almost curious.

and while the megalopolans enter the tower to greet their fear-crowned god, illeana raises a pink-coated hand and promptly fires off a blast of spatial energy aimed right at necrozma.

the following roar is deafening, but she doesn't back down. instead, her lips pull into a small smile.

43 a SHARD OF NECROZMA, a smaller non-sentient form of the creature, will arrive at the top of lesser megalo tower. it is either attracted by bursts of light from the generators, or waits for the light to come on. the SHARD OF NECROZMA seemingly comes to retrieve light to return to its original self; furthermore, the turned megalopolan denizens of this city also seem to offer it light/z-crystals to placate it. encounter it, flee from it, or fight the shard before it departs.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,838 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2024 11:02:40 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

there is nothing to smile about, at least not for alexander as dread creeps up the back of his neck at the sight before him. surrounded by followers of the fear-crowned god, he watches the blast of spatial energy fire off, reiterating that this is in fact very real.[break][break]

he says nothing and watches diggersby spring into action, quick with AGILITY as it BOUNCES right into necrozma.[break][break]

another pokeball pops open, calling out more support in the form of a pyukumuku that latches onto him.[break][break]

slowly, he looks over at , waiting for her lead.

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2024 20:14:28 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]the necrozma shard lets out an ear-piercing screech as it's struck by both spatial energy and the diggersby's bounce. between the two moves, it is brought down to earth - toppling over from the tower's top to enter gravity's clutches.

the resulting quake of the ground being impacted sends the megalopolan denizens scattering for as much as they revere this world-ender, they fear getting caught in the crossfire. light comes in and out in flashes around them, but the necrozma is not deterred from its new prey.

and as alexander looks toward the alchemist, her expression falters slightly. does she have a handle on this yet? was this a mistake?

despite doubt beginning to clog the cogs in her weaponry, she tries to persist all the same by unleashing her own spatial rend. the pink slash rips itself into existence and tears at the reality around the necrozma, trying to pry it apart at the seams...

from her belt, her shiny blacephalon manages to break free of its pokeball's confines. when it joins the group, the discolored clown readies a protect should they need it.

43 a SHARD OF NECROZMA, a smaller non-sentient form of the creature, will arrive at the top of lesser megalo tower. it is either attracted by bursts of light from the generators, or waits for the light to come on. the SHARD OF NECROZMA seemingly comes to retrieve light to return to its original self; furthermore, the turned megalopolan denizens of this city also seem to offer it light/z-crystals to placate it. encounter it, flee from it, or fight the shard before it departs.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,838 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2024 9:23:47 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

it is a fascinating sight, one he has a hard time grasping as he watches wield her newly acquired powers to manipulate reality with surprising ease.[break][break]

SPATIAL REND rips itself into existence the same time as ultra beasts that crawl up the side of the tower.[break][break]

"i'll handle them."[break][break]

with his assurance, his pokemon move to PROTECT them. but the numbers prove a little overwhelming.

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2024 4:18:07 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]as illeana tries to focus on the necrozma, it proves a little difficult... for ultra beasts come in swarms and she cannot just turn a blind eye.

they might not be the same creatures as the war, but she knows this ending well enough to break concentration.

"duck."

another spatial rend is thrown out by the alchemist - this time aimed for the ultra beasts trying to claw their way toward alex and their pokemon. she doesn't bat an eye as they're ripped apart, as corrupted ichor splatters across dark pavement and their bodies fall in lifeless heaps.

better them than him, she reasons... isn't it?

after a moment, necrozma roars and her attention snaps back into focus as the necrozma rushes toward illeana. palkia surges forward, then, to meet the crystalline beast in combat, snarling through its protective anger to push back the beast. despite herself, her hands tremble slightly as they spread pearlescent pink energy into quick protective barriers around herself, alex, and their pokemon. beyond the spatial wall she has created into existence, ultra beasts snarl...

"not good."

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,838 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2024 10:37:53 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

is a proficient battler, one of the region's most capable, or at least he was at one point in time, and though he holds his own against waves of ultra beasts, makes quick work of them with one simple move, leaving him speechless.[break][break]

and as the two powerful, otherworldy beings come clashing, he feels fear and dread.[break][break]

"we should leave!"[break][break]

but how? where? distracted, he fails to account for the possibilities. one of the guzzlord slips through, tackling diggersby right off the side of the tower.[break][break]

without thinking, he runs after it and jumps off as well, knowing he has enough in his arsenal to save both himself and his diggersby.[break][break]

somewhere along the way, a pokeball flies, CAPTURING GUZZLORD.[break][break]

amSVoCFM

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2024 17:45:43 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]in the end, this is not the time or plane for palkia and necrozma to clash. there's another opportunity waiting in the near future for her and her patron to wage holy war against that of necrozma and .

and while she feels the call for violence whispering through her veins, she ultimately motions for the spatial dragon to fall back... the shard of necrozma is kept preoccupied by trying to mend black crystals back together after palkia utilizes spatial rend to make its escape.

her head turns, then, to find lurching from the tower and a sharp scream rips through her throat. in her panic to get to him, to save him, she attracts another guzzlord to her position. it follows her over the edge, giant teeth gnashing together as they plummet. she reaches to grab hold of alex mid-fall, and palkia knocks the guzzlord off course. while the ultra beast is no longer a threat to their fall, she still turns to capture it all the same for it is a necessary piece of information to study about this place.

and as she pulls alex and his pokemon toward her, palkia wraps its arms around all of them and yanks them toward the dimensional rift's safety. they come out the other side a moment later and the spatial dragon tries to drop them carefully into the dirt...

44 jump off lesser megalo tower.

🗺️ SPECIAL HUNT: ILLEANA REYES & ALEXANDER STONE will be able to encounter and catch a GUZZLORD or BLACEPHALON (one or the other). they may be armored or embedded with BLACK METAL &/OR SPARKLING STONES. this material may allow them to unleash devastating Z-MOVES, which makes their subduing and/or capture notoriously difficult. afterward, the material will fall from their bodies as defunct scraps.