He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
697 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
Fossil Fool [s]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2024 15:20:23 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mango leaguechar"]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

A promise was a promise.[break][break]

After the Vital City Tournament, Noel had found himself making all sorts of commitments with the people he had met, one of which was Marianne. He had told her that he'd one day visit her museum and now here he was. Although unannounced, he hoped that she was working this day and that she would have the time to give him that tour she talked about.[break][break]

Stepping through the entrance, he's met immediately with a plethora of visual wonder. Fossils from whatever giant creature they came from were put on display right in the middle of the lobby. He found himself staring way too long in amazement, wondering just how such a thing came to be. The place seemed a bit crowded today, people from all over taking in the sights just as he was and briskly walking towards other areas of the museum.[break][break]

Yet among all of them he could not find the glasses-wearing coordinator. Perhaps she was elsewhere and in the middle of a tour already. In any case, he decided it would be best to wait around in the lobby to see if she would appear. If she were to somehow catch him first, the task would be easy considering he stuck out like a sore thumb. Dressed as always for adventuring, class and appropriateness were things not well known to him.

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".leaguechar"] --accent:#FFB546!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 13px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango a { font:bold 12px/9px 'Poppins'!important; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #d4d4d4; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius:5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px; margin-right:-10px; } .mango .notes { border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding:10px 10px 0px 10px; margin:20px 30px -10px; text-align:center; [/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 58px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Mary, Annie
She/Her
July 8
Lilycove City
Demisexual
Museum Coordinator
Civilian
WORK WIFE
it's all for you
5'2" height
5'2" height
couldn't possibly tell you how i feel, cuz i'm shy shy shy
awards
107 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marianne
Marianne Lovelace
Fossil Fool [s]
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2024 4:00:35 GMT
Marianne Lovelace Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","maritest"]
[attr="class","body"]

"Welcome to the National Museum of Natural History," Marianne chirped pleasantly, easily falling into the rhythm of her usual greeting as passerby filtered through the grand building. Usually she wasn't one for people, but here she was allowed to babble to her heart's content about her most favorite subjects, and that made each person a potential victim of her excitement.[break][break]

Such as one , who seemed unaware of his unfortunate position to be standing beneath a rather impressive skeleton of an Aerodactyl hanging from the ceiling.[break][break]

"Impressive, isn't it?" she commented, craning her head up to give it a proper look. "Aerodactyl are one of the first documented examples of fossilized Pokemon re-entering the world through the marvels of science. I like to think this one is near the entrance as a reminder of how far we've come, in our understanding of the world around us."[break][break]

She hummed a bit at that, smiling to herself.[break][break]

"I didn't expect you to visit so soon, though! Did you still want that tour?"

TAGS[break]
NOTES – Social!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".maritest"]--accent:#ffb69e;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ryan

He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
awards
697 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
Fossil Fool [s]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2024 2:21:21 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

With an audible yelp, the usually calm trainer is surprised suddenly by the sudden Aerodactyl fact. He turns around to face Marianne and recomposes himself, scratching at his hair as if trying to save face. Just where had she come from? It was as if she materialized out of thin air. He lets out a small cough before flashing a meek smile to the historian.[break][break]

"Oh hey there Marianne! I... didn't see you coming at all but yeah! I'd love to take that tour you told me about earlier if you have the time."[break][break]

He took the moment to now admire the fossilized Aerodactyl before him. With him under the pile of bones, it was easy to feel so small when something so large existed at one point in time. He wondered how they ever shrank to the size they were at now, perhaps it was just evolution taking its course.[break][break]

"Do you know everything about all the Pokemon in this museum? That's quite the brain you have if so. I've never really thought about the history of a species of Pokemon to be honest. To me they're... just here, and it feels like they've always been here for as long as I can remember."

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 13px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango a { font:bold 12px/9px 'Poppins'!important; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #d4d4d4; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius:5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px; margin-right:-10px; } .mango .notes { border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding:10px 10px 0px 10px; margin:20px 30px -10px; text-align:center; [/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 58px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Mary, Annie
She/Her
July 8
Lilycove City
Demisexual
Museum Coordinator
Civilian
WORK WIFE
it's all for you
5'2" height
5'2" height
awards
107 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marianne
Marianne Lovelace
Fossil Fool [s]
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2024 3:13:03 GMT
Marianne Lovelace Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

She stifled a small laugh behind her hand at the way he jumped up in surprise. How funny, to think someone as small and unobtrusive as her could startle a man like him.[break][break]

"Well, it's why we're here! For tours and things like that, you know." She clasped her hands behind her back, leaning forward to examine the Aerodactyl one last time, before turning to him. "I wouldn't say I know absolutely everything, but it comes pretty close."[break][break]

She gestured for him to follow her, his compliment about her memory inviting a self-conscious laugh.[break][break]

"Actually, I have a terrible memory in general... I think it comes from having to remember everything for work. But, I think a lot of people are like you, to be honest. They're happy with knowing as much as they need to know about Pokemon, if that makes sense."

TAGS[break]
NOTES – Social!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".maritest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ryan

He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
awards
697 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
Fossil Fool [s]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2024 18:10:37 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

Still he was amazed at her font of knowledge hidden within her mind. He couldn't even come close to having that sort of intelligence about anything just yet. It was something to be proud of and showed devotion to her work of which she seemed extremely fulfilled by.[break][break]

"Hey don't knock yourself short. It takes a lot of brainpower to know all the things you probably know. I'm always wanting to learn more about the Pokemon I'm with and I figured this would be a good experience for it."

He begins to walk behind her, they pass through various exhibits and he admires each and every one with their delicate attention to detail and historic value. But one catches his eye particularly. Stopping in his tracks, he is before an arid, desert display with sand covering its floor among various types of Pokemon that would inhabit such an environment.[break][break]

"Hey how about this one? I don't know much about what life was like in the past but... I always envisioned something that we've never thought of before that lived on this planet much longer than we did. Something like a giant wormlike Pokemon that could travel through the sand. Almost as big as a Wailord... But that's pretty ridiculous isn't it?"[break][break]

His imagination grew wild at times, in his spare moments he thought of how life may have used to be on Hoenn. Where now it's a land full of oceans, perhaps in the past it could have been a sprawling desert filled with dunes of sand. An interesting setting he come up with, with almost no basis for its foundation. It could perhaps make for a good story in another time however.

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Mary, Annie
She/Her
July 8
Lilycove City
Demisexual
Museum Coordinator
Civilian
WORK WIFE
it's all for you
5'2" height
5'2" height
awards
107 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marianne
Marianne Lovelace
Fossil Fool [s]
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2024 2:38:03 GMT
Marianne Lovelace Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"Dunes," she commented, gesturing to the exhibit, "kind of look like a desert planet, don't they?"[break][break]

Trapinches were visible here, busily burrowing in the sand as solitary Cacturne stood to bask in the sun. A Sandile licked at the glass, staring at with beady eyes.[break][break]

"It's hard to know all the Pokemon that existed in ancient history," she continued, "but there's this idea of the Cradle of Civilization -- that there was a part of the world where life all originated. I wonder sometimes if Arceus had something to do with that, and what that place might have looked like."[break][break]

She jumped suddenly with a squeal of surprise as a Silicobra popped up as if out of nowhere, springing out from the sands to flick its tongue out at the man staring beyond the glass.[break][break]

"It's not quite a worm," she laughed, regaining her composure, "but that was pretty close, don't you think?"

TAGS[break]
NOTES – Social!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Ryan

He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
awards
697 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
Fossil Fool [s]
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2024 4:40:32 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

Noel and this Sandile had locked eyes. Set into an almost never-ending staring contest against the small reptile, his competitive side wouldn't allow him to lose, not even to a Pokemon. His concentration is broken however, when Marianne is taken by surprise by her sandy friends. He blinks once while glancing over to see the ruckus, then out of the corner of his eye, he notices the Sandile snickering to his victory. He would have to get back at it one day.[break][break]

"Hmm? Ohh yeah! That's kind of what I envisioned. I don't see too many of these Pokemon so I forget about them sometimes. You must have a lot of rare creatures and fossils here... What's the rarest one you've got?"[break][break]

His interest peaks at her mention of this ancient history that he had no idea of. Just what kind of places and Pokemon existed back then? He wanted to know more. This whole museum was like living in a piece of the past.[break][break]

"And... Do you think we'll ever know everything from such a long time ago? You'd think it would be easy to lose important details over all these years."

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Mary, Annie
She/Her
July 8
Lilycove City
Demisexual
Museum Coordinator
Civilian
WORK WIFE
it's all for you
5'2" height
5'2" height
awards
107 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marianne
Marianne Lovelace
Fossil Fool [s]
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2024 20:01:36 GMT
Marianne Lovelace Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"The rarest? That's a very tall order!" She laughed again, enjoying herself. He was easy to talk to. "I guess it depends on what interests you most. The geology exhibit? The botanical gardens of the insectarium? Fossils? Human history? Pokemon life? There's a lot of choices."[break][break]

It was part of what she loved most about the museum -- how wide-reaching its exhibits all were, touching on so many aspects of history and natural life. There was always so much to know, learn, and discover.[break][break]

She prattled on for a bit, showing him various examples, before she circled back to his original question. A bit flushed from excitement, there was a giddiness in her voice that betrayed her eagerness for this subject and her earnest desire to share knowledge.[break][break]

"I don't know if we will ever know everything, but isn't it excited we know as much as we do? Isn't it incredible we keep learning, and that humanity keeps growing from all the knowledge we share with our descendants? It's incredible. I can't think of any Pokemon that does that, the way humans do."

TAGS[break]
NOTES – Social!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Ryan

He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
awards
697 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
Fossil Fool [s]
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2024 15:14:33 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

Seeing her passion couldn't help but bring a smile to his face. Noel only ever felt like this when around his Pokemon, the feeling of sharing something special with others is something he can relate to. However, his dedication was more on the battling side, something that most people aren't as eager to learn about. All the same, enthusiasm like this is always nice to see in someone.[break][break]

The sound of a chirp catches his attention. He looks up to see a Hoothoot clock marking the beginning of the night. How time flew when becoming invested in lessons of the past; but before it became too late, it was best he headed back home before the museum closed. He wouldn't want to be one more bother when Marianne was so hard at work.[break][break]

"Looks like it's gotten later than I thought... About time I headed home I think, but thank you Marianne for letting me come over and showing me all these amazing things."[break][break]

An idea then pops out into his head.[break][break]

"Hey... if I ever find something while out on my journey, how about I give it to you to take a look at it? I'm sure to come across some some fossil or relic while exploring out in this wide world."

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights