TAG WITH @klaus
klaus anchoret
Tongue-Tied
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2024 15:32:39 GMT
klaus anchoret Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","klaus1"]
[attr="class","text"]

Tucked neatly away in a corner away from the noise, Klaus nurses a beer in his hand as he idly scrolls through his phone. His gaze glances up occasionally at particularly raucous screams, though otherwise he sits in his own world brooding and uncomfortable.
[break][break]
He can't remember the last time he had a date, or found anyone to blow off steam with.
[break][break]
Well, no time like the present.
[break][break]
Exiting the app on his phone, he exhales moodily as he pauses over his contacts before selecting one of ill-used dating apps that's downloaded instead. Swiping past a sea of faces, he finally lands on someone who's supposedly in the area and pops off a greeting message with, "Wanna get a drink? I'm at Meowth's Mischief on ninth."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Mission: Sleepless in Slateport

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.klaus1]--accent:#73A6A9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.klaus1]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".klaus1 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".klaus1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".klaus1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".klaus1 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".klaus1 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".klaus1 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".klaus1 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".klaus1 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".klaus1 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".klaus1 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".klaus1 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Mary, Annie
She/Her
July 8
Lilycove City
Demisexual
Museum Coordinator
Civilian
WORK WIFE
it's all for you
5'2" height
5'2" height
couldn't possibly tell you how i feel, cuz i'm shy shy shy
awards
108 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marianne
Marianne Lovelace
Tongue-Tied
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2024 4:13:03 GMT
Marianne Lovelace Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","maritest"]
[attr="class","body"]

Dating apps were a perfectly reasonable solution for an upcoming lonely Palentine's Day. This was what Marianne told herself, and consequently what insisted over and over when Marianne tried to anxiety-spiral herself out of going on a date with a complete stranger.[break][break]

What was the worst thing that could happen if she went to Meowth's Mischief on ninth? Maybe he'd be rude! Maybe he'd be terrible![break][break]

(Or maybe he'd be wonderful and she'd be oh-so-terribly disappointing. Like usual.)[break][break]

None of that defeatist talk! Chin up, Marianne! she willed herself, balling her hands into little determined fists at her sides as she inhaled deeply outside the bar, preparing herself to go in. A large exhale left her as she released all the tension in her shoulders, the door swinging open as she attempted to walk in with what she hoped was a casual air.[break][break]

"Hi there," she said to the man at the counter, beaming. "Are you Klaus, perhaps?"[break][break]

He wasn't. But in her defense, this man had the right hair color.

TAGS[break]
NOTES – Sleepless in Slateport (Repeat)!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".maritest"]--accent:#ffb69e;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Laika Boss

He/Him/His
June 12th
Lilycove City
Bisexual
Lighthouse Keeper
Grunt
Shut up and be happy
it's all in your head
5'10" / 177.8cm height
5'10" / 177.8cm height
You will find no hidden agendas in the sea's desire to swallow you whole
awards
212 posts
part of
TAG WITH @klaus
klaus anchoret
Tongue-Tied
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2024 15:27:42 GMT
klaus anchoret Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","klaus1"]
[attr="class","text"]

Klaus looks up at the sound of his name and spies some tiny thing at the bar chatting up a total stranger. He flushes, suddenly unsure of himself - hadn't his picture been on his profile? - before clearing his throat and pushing himself from his seat.
[break][break]
The man Marianne greeted already looked interested in his supposed date.
[break][break]
"Uh -" Klaus utters awkwardly as he comes up behind Marianne. Lifting a hand to scratch at the back of his neck, he adds, "Sorry - sorry are you Marianne? I'm Klaus."
[break][break]
Much to the stranger's displeasure at the interruption, Klaus visibly withers beneath the man's gaze; self conscious of his vibrantly pink-painted nails, he shoves this hands in his hoodie as his face flushes beet-red.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Sleepless in Slateport

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.klaus1]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".klaus1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".klaus1 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".klaus1 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".klaus1 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".klaus1 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Mary, Annie
She/Her
July 8
Lilycove City
Demisexual
Museum Coordinator
Civilian
WORK WIFE
it's all for you
5'2" height
5'2" height
awards
108 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marianne
Marianne Lovelace
Tongue-Tied
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2024 3:07:58 GMT
Marianne Lovelace Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"Oh!" She flushed red with realization, fumbling to find a way to correct this horrible first impression. "You must be Klaus, then."[break][break]

The pink-haired girl sheepishly waved farewell to her would-be date, turning her attention to an equally uncertain man across from her.[break][break]

Was he angry with her? He probably was. Oh, Arceus, why was she always like this? Every step forward led to five steps back. Stupid, stupid, stupid Marianne.[break][break]

Fingers fiddled with the hem of her sweater as she leaned against the counter, toying with an unraveling thread as she searched for a way to salvage things.[break][break]

"That was embarrassing," she finally blurted out, struggling to find a better thing to say and failing.

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".maritest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Laika Boss

He/Him/His
June 12th
Lilycove City
Bisexual
Lighthouse Keeper
Grunt
Shut up and be happy
it's all in your head
5'10" / 177.8cm height
5'10" / 177.8cm height
awards
212 posts
part of
TAG WITH @klaus
klaus anchoret
Tongue-Tied
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2024 5:39:10 GMT
klaus anchoret Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","klaus1"]
[attr="class","text"]

Wouldn't it be his luck if Marianne went home with this man instead. His face a touch red, Klaus gives a little shrug and blurts out a quiet "Yeah," in reply.
[break][break]
"Do you want, like, to get a drink and sit down or something," he hazards, only to shoot his rival a deep glare when the man suggests Marianne can stay with him instead. "Man, fuck off," Klaus snaps - no longer interested in making a good impression at this point.
[break][break]
To the deeply amused bartender, Klaus orders a beer and tacks on a "And whatever the fuck she wants," before taking his drink and going to sit down. Marianne could either join him or not.
[break][break]
He was getting drunk tonight with or without her.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Mary, Annie
She/Her
July 8
Lilycove City
Demisexual
Museum Coordinator
Civilian
WORK WIFE
it's all for you
5'2" height
5'2" height
awards
108 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marianne
Marianne Lovelace
Tongue-Tied
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2024 2:22:04 GMT
Marianne Lovelace Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

The other man's attention was quickly and soundly ignored as she turned her back to him, eager to prove she wasn't as oblivious as this meeting had already painted her to be.[break][break]

"No, no, I want to get to know you!" she insisted, a bit too eagerly, as she attempted a winsome smile. "Uh, I'll have what he's having!" she said gamely, having not noticed what it was he'd ordered in the first place. It was hard to pay attention when anxiety was pounding this loudly in your ears.[break][break]

Her legs swung restlessly across the barstool, revealing the silent panic going on in her mind, as she attempted to make up for this disastrous beginning.[break][break]

"So!" she said too cheerfully, beaming at him. "I saw you're a lightkeeper? That's really cool!"[break][break]

Was this the worst pick-up line in existence? Yeah. Probably.

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Laika Boss

He/Him/His
June 12th
Lilycove City
Bisexual
Lighthouse Keeper
Grunt
Shut up and be happy
it's all in your head
5'10" / 177.8cm height
5'10" / 177.8cm height
awards
212 posts
part of
TAG WITH @klaus
klaus anchoret
Tongue-Tied
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2024 16:47:04 GMT
klaus anchoret Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","klaus1"]
[attr="class","text"]

Well, Klaus could at least appreciate another beer drinker, even if she was as fidgety as he was. Their drinks are delivered to them quickly and as Klaus wraps his hands around the chilled mug his brow furrows minutely.

[break][break]
She knew his profession.

[break][break]
What the fuck was hers?

[break][break]
Scanning his memory, he comes up wholly blank as to what was on her profile. He was just hoping for a quick lay before embarrassing himself in front of Beau. Why was she trying to get to know him?

[break][break]
"I - yeah I guess. It's been busy lately with all the shit weather." Looking over Marianne once more, and coming to the conclusion swiftly they're not fucking and he's out of luck wholly, he says after an awkward pause, "I don't remember what you do. What was it?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Mary, Annie
She/Her
July 8
Lilycove City
Demisexual
Museum Coordinator
Civilian
WORK WIFE
it's all for you
5'2" height
5'2" height
awards
108 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marianne
Marianne Lovelace
Tongue-Tied
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2024 4:26:52 GMT
Marianne Lovelace Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

A 'quick lay' was the last thing on Marianne's mind.[break][break]

Look, to be blunt, Marianne was a diehard romantic. She swooned at her little novels in her bedroom, delighted to see the fictional characters she adored get together. Real life was so much trickier, what with its impersonal apps and unscripted dialogue.[break][break]

You couldn't summon the fluttering feeling of Butterfrees in your heart on command. Unfortunately.[break][break]

She received her chilled beer, and examining it, decided to drink it the same way he did. Beer wasn't her usual choice, and when it was, she picked something light.[break][break]

This was not light. Ugh.[break][break]

Her face betrayed her dislike but she did her best to mask it seconds after the fact. Marianne, of course, was a terrible actress and failed at this.[break][break]

"Oh gosh, yeah, the weather has been wild, hasn't it?" she agreed, bobbing her head up and down in agreement. "Something about uh, something at the Vital City Tournament... There was thunder, and lightning..."[break][break]

She gestured, unable to remember the name Thunderus, and drawing a complete blank when she tried.[break][break]

To hear he didn't even remember the basic details on her profile was even more depressing, though.[break][break]

"Um, I work at a museum. It's okay, it's not super exciting."[break][break]

She fidgeted, too, desperately hoping to crawl under a rock.[break][break]

"Oh! The Crown Prince of Galar is helping with an exhibit, though! So that's exciting."[break][break]

Maybe that would make her work sound more interesting? Was it cool to mention you'd collaborated with ? Or was that, like, humblebragging?

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Laika Boss

He/Him/His
June 12th
Lilycove City
Bisexual
Lighthouse Keeper
Grunt
Shut up and be happy
it's all in your head
5'10" / 177.8cm height
5'10" / 177.8cm height
awards
212 posts
part of
TAG WITH @klaus
klaus anchoret
Tongue-Tied
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2024 12:25:53 GMT
klaus anchoret Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","klaus1"]
[attr="class","text"]

"Yes," Klaus says a touch blankly as he watches Marianne's expression. She clearly didn't like beer. Why was she drinking it?
[break][break]
His expression blanks further and he then scoffs at the mention of royalty. Flippantly, Klaus replies, "Hoenn is a democracy, who cares what those inbred fucks are doing." He pauses as his words catch up with him, and he carefully adds for Marianne's benefit, "I'm sure he's like. Nice or whatever. Yeah. And the exbibit's great."
[break][break]
Klaus pinches at his eyes for a moment and draws a deep breath before he says more than asks, "We're not fucking tonight, are we?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Mary, Annie
She/Her
July 8
Lilycove City
Demisexual
Museum Coordinator
Civilian
WORK WIFE
it's all for you
5'2" height
5'2" height
awards
108 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marianne
Marianne Lovelace
Tongue-Tied
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2024 19:25:06 GMT
Marianne Lovelace Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"I-inbred?!" Marianne squeaked, horrified. What a thing to say about , an actual person and human being! It was one thing to disagree with the monarchy, and quite another to call them such awful and horrible names! "That's not very kind. I'll have you know the Crown Prince has been quite the philanthropist to the museum, and..."[break][break]

Oh, Arceus, he was still going. Marianne's eyes went wide as saucers as the man she'd decided looked 'sweet' in his Amigo profile turned out to be just another 'Swipe Right' horndog in disguise.[break][break]

"How dare you," she breathed out, and this time her horrified tone turned to something indignant and furious. She stood up from the stool, glaring at him like a disapproving schoolmarm, and said, "Did you even read my profile at all? Or was I the only one who did homework before this date?"[break][break]

True, she'd been a bit confused at who she was supposed to meet with at the counter, but... She'd remembered his name! And his occupation! And even tried his drink to see if she liked it! All these things were very hard for Marianne, as was coming to a date like this in the first place. She'd only been brave enough because had encouraged her to 'put herself out there.'[break][break]

She'd said specifically, Looking to get to know someone! Taking it slow. Was he illiterate or something?[break][break]

"You should be ashamed of yourself, leading on women like this," Marianne chastised him with a disapproving click of her tongue. "And being so rude the whole evening! Didn't anyone teach you manners?"[break][break]

A hand raised as if to toss the nasty beer in his face, but she couldn't seem to finish the motion. Her arm was basically paralyzed mid-throw, her eyes sliding over to the concerned look of the bartender, and knowing guilt that punishing would just wind up punishing the otherwise very nice staff stopped her from enacting her liquid-based justice.[break][break]

Instead she placed the bottle on the counter and began angrily typing on her phone.[break][break]

"A Corviknight taxi will pick me up soon. As far as I'm concerned, this date is over."

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Laika Boss

He/Him/His
June 12th
Lilycove City
Bisexual
Lighthouse Keeper
Grunt
Shut up and be happy
it's all in your head
5'10" / 177.8cm height
5'10" / 177.8cm height
awards
212 posts
part of
TAG WITH @klaus
klaus anchoret
Tongue-Tied
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2024 7:47:20 GMT
klaus anchoret Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","klaus1"]
[attr="class","text"]

Klaus arches his eyebrow as Marianne flusters and begins to defend the Galarian monarchy. He continues to look unimpressed as she assures him of the man in question's philanthropic work and bites out a clipped, "Sure," in response.
[break][break]
What follows, however, is not what he expected. What he expected was a pointed no - and then he'd buy the girl her drinks and leave because his skin already felt too tight on his frame. Instead what he comes face to face with is a ranting Marianne and a beer almost thrown in his face.
[break][break]
"Listen," he begins, his voice constricted with confusion. He stops abruptly as he starts, his finger lifting to tell Marianne to wait while he pulls out his phone - hopefully she decides not to follow throw on that beer throwing.
[break][break]
His thumbs tap over his phone's screen, and a few minutes later he lets out a strangled laugh as he realises his mistake. "Wrong status," he manages. "I set the wrong status. That's - that's on me. I'm an asshole."
[break][break]
He looks pale and miserable as Marianne makes to leave, his slender frame slumping back into his seat as he looks up at the ceiling. "I'm -meeting a - guy - later," Klaus offers awkwardly, his throat skewed up tight. "We're like. Friends, I guess. I don't know what we are. It's whatever. I was -" his voice falters and he merely goes silent as he peels himself back into a seated position and he gives up on explaining himself.
[break][break]
"I'll pay for your taxi. Sorry about... all of this."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Mary, Annie
She/Her
July 8
Lilycove City
Demisexual
Museum Coordinator
Civilian
WORK WIFE
it's all for you
5'2" height
5'2" height
awards
108 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marianne
Marianne Lovelace
Tongue-Tied
POSTED ON May 4, 2024 4:42:35 GMT
Marianne Lovelace Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Marianne had decided that nothing in the world could change her mind about . He was a rude, self-absorbed, sulky little man, and she would be more than glad to be rid of him.[break][break]

So she told herself, at least, until he sheepishly laughed with abject mortification.[break][break]

Marianne blinked once, then twice. Had this all just been a misunderstanding?[break][break]

"Well," she said, feeling sorry for him despite herself at this, and she debated on if patting him on the shoulder would be a welcome gesture. In the end, nerves won, and she refrained. "That's er, understandable. And unfortunate. Thank you for letting me know, though."[break][break]

She waved away his offer to pay for her ride, cheeks flushing as she shook her head vehemently.[break][break]

"And don't, please, it was an honest mistake! I'm, I'm sorry I judged you so harshly. I don't normally... talk to people like that." She bit her lip, considering her next thought before voicing it. "But, um... if you thought we were 'hooking up'"--what a funny and absurd idea--"then why were you meeting with a friend later?"[break][break]

That didn't really make sense, did it? Unless...?

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights