jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
Travel is the great leveler, the great teacher, bitter as medicine, crueler than mirror-glass.
awards
581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
Fresh Meat [M]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2024 22:20:56 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jackpost"]

Leaning idly back in his chair, Jack suppressed a sign. The reception at the Dewford Ranger Station was empty as Jack awaited the new trainee that he had been assigned. Another week of quiet in Verdantuf, another week of him being shipping off to help out at another station. At least I'm not stuck in a blizzard this time. He rolled his eyes at the memory of the snow piling up around the Slateport station earlier this winter.[break][break]

Watts grinned eagerly up at him from the door, his tail wagging. Jack wouldn't normally have brought the Boltund on an official assignment but since this was just a training patrol and Watts loved meeting new people, he had decided to bring the Dog Pokemon along. Returning the pokemon's smile, he tugged the blue Elite armband back up over his bicep and straightened his Ranger uniform.[break][break]

He checked his watch again; the new trainee was due to arrive any minute.

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

– Mission: Commitment: Act I

[attr="class","jackpkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".jackpost"]--accent:#52D8D8;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost u"]text-underline-offset:3px;color:var(--accent);text-decoration-color:var(--accent);text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost h1"]font:bold 16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost h2"]font:bold 14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .tag a"]font:15px Poppins;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Mcfuzzled

Bro/Brah
April 1
Dewford Town
Bisexual
Personal Trainer
Trainee Ranger
Stay the course
Whatever it takes
6'4" height
6'4" height
Do I lift? Yeah, brah, I lift your spirits!
awards
286 posts
part of
TAG WITH @beau
Beau Fontaine
Fresh Meat [M]
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2024 0:02:28 GMT
Beau Fontaine Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","beauf4"]
[attr="class","post"]

Beau grunted, tilting his head from side to side as he rotated his left shoulder in an attempt to work out the stubborn twinge that had been harrying him for the past several minutes. He needed to be in top form for his first meeting with the Rangers, and a wonky shoulder wasn't going to cut it!
[break][break]
As the station came into sight, he broke into a brisk jog, navigating over the uneven steps with practiced ease. He wouldn't say he'd lost sleep over this, but he couldn't deny his excitement at having finally made a go at trying something that felt like it really meant something again. After all, the world was getting crazier by the day, and running his (perfectly normal) little gym in Slateport just felt like it wasn't really...impactful, these days.
[break][break]
He slowed to a stop at the door to the station, smoothing down the front of his shirt and adopting his trademark broad grin. Stepping inside, he looked around curiously.
[break][break]
"Morning! New trainee here to do, uh, trainee stuff!"
[break][break]
Had to be in his top five first impressions, if he said so himself.

[attr="class","ooc"]

NOTES

Mission: Commitment: Act I

[break][break]TAGS:

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.beauf4]--accent:#5088b3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.beauf4]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.3px;line-height:17px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 h1"]font:18px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 h2"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 .post b"]font-size:12px;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 .ooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 .pkmn img"]margin:5px -7px -10px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 .credit"]width:125px;background-color:#1c1c1c;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 .credit a"]font-size:10px;font-weight:800;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
Travel is the great leveler, the great teacher, bitter as medicine, crueler than mirror-glass.
awards
581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
Fresh Meat [M]
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2024 15:19:30 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

Watts barked uproariously at the new trainee, causing Jack's brow to crease in a frown. Usually the Boltund was excited to make new friends but he was never this overly-enthusiastic. Jack stood, squinting at the bulky silhouette framed by sunlight in the doorway until the man stepped inside.[break][break]

"Beau?" Jack said, incredulously. Watts barked joyfully as he headbutted the man. "Holy shit man, it's been ages!"[break][break]

Without waiting for a response, Jack swept his old friend into a manly hug, clapping him heartily on the back. "Where have you been? Have you been okay? Are you really joining the Rangers?" Between Watts' celebratory barking and Jack's rapid fire questioning, he realized they were making quite the scene in the station's entry way.[break][break]

Jack quickly added as he stepped past Beau and through the door, "Let's talk outside."

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".jackpost u"]text-underline-offset:3px;color:var(--accent);text-decoration-color:var(--accent);text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .tag a"]font:15px Poppins;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Mcfuzzled

Bro/Brah
April 1
Dewford Town
Bisexual
Personal Trainer
Trainee Ranger
Stay the course
Whatever it takes
6'4" height
6'4" height
awards
286 posts
part of
TAG WITH @beau
Beau Fontaine
Fresh Meat [M]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2024 1:16:15 GMT
Beau Fontaine Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","beauf4"]
[attr="class","post"]

The barking should have been Beau's first clue, but as his eyes adjusted to the less aggressive light of the station's fluorescents, it was the sight of the lanky man rising from the desk that had his cheeks hurting in a disbelieving smile. "Jack! Watts! No freakin' way, brah!"
[break][break]
He thumped Jack on the back, giving him a friendly squeeze for good measure, before crouching slightly to scritch Watts behind the ears. The questions were coming faster than he could process, and it was with a good-natured laugh that he followed Jack back outside. "Moonlighting in Petalburg, but yeah, better now!" he offers in response to the first two inquiries at once.
[break][break]
"My uncle wasn't doing so hot, so I had to drop some stuff and take care of him," he explained, a slight frown wrinkling his brow. "Not gonna front, it wasn't looking good for a while, but I guess the woods did him some good, 'cause he finally got the doc's stamp of approval a couple months back!"
[break][break]
He nodded eagerly, absently running a hand through his hair as he flashed an eager grin. "Totally, brah! All that time in the country just kinda got my wheels turnin', y'know? There's a lot of stuff goin' on lately, and if I can help keep people an' pokemon safe, feels better than sitting at home for sure!"
[break][break]
He bent over to pat Watts solidly against the flank once more, then stood up and squared his shoulders. "So, what first, Mister Jack Sir?"

[attr="class","ooc"]

NOTES

[break][break]TAGS:

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.beauf4]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.3px;line-height:17px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 h1"]font:18px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 h2"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 .credit"]width:125px;background-color:#1c1c1c;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
Fresh Meat [M]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2024 20:20:53 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

As Beau recounted his experience with his uncle's illness and his time in Petalburg, Jack nodded along thoughtfully. Considering his own unexpected disappearance back to Galar, he didn't hold it against his old friend. Instead, he smiled, happy at their reunion.[break][break]

"I'm glad your uncle is doing better! And the Rangers are a great outlet for helping people and pokemon," Jack said enthusiastically.[break][break]

His forehead wrinkled in consternation when Beau called him 'sir' and Jack looked curiously at his friend. The memory of he and Beau cleaning up the Slateport beach when Jack was but newly arrived to Hoenn briefly resurfaced, contrasting how far both of them had come in the span of a couple years.[break][break]

"We've been assigned to a routine patrol around the outskirts of Dewford. I'm not expecting any trouble though, some of these assignments are just to keep people's spirits up from seeing an active Ranger presence with an added dash of deterrence against any poaching if Team Rocket sees we are active in an area," Jack explained as he headed toward Route 107. "And please don't call me sir. It's still just Jack," he added with a grin.[break][break]

"You're not exactly our typical fresh-faced trainee so why don't you catch me up on what skills you've been working on out in Petalburg Woods or anything you feel like you need some extra help with," Jack said, his gaze flicking between Beau and their surroundings.

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Mcfuzzled

Bro/Brah
April 1
Dewford Town
Bisexual
Personal Trainer
Trainee Ranger
Stay the course
Whatever it takes
6'4" height
6'4" height
awards
286 posts
part of
TAG WITH @beau
Beau Fontaine
Fresh Meat [M]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2024 17:59:58 GMT
Beau Fontaine Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","beauf4"]
[attr="class","post"]

Beau nodded agreeably as they set off, following Jack and listening to his explanation. "Yeah," he mused at the notion of activity in Dewford, "I haven't seen much going on out here since those Kyogre nutjobs."
[break][break]
A wide grin stretched across his features as Jack admonished him, and he elbowed the shorter man in the ribs good-naturedly as they approached the shoreline. "Just teasin', brah!" He laughed. "It looks like you're doin' good for yourself, is all. In your element, kinda, know what I mean?"
[break][break]
His smile turned thoughtful at Jack's question, and he tilted his head slightly as he considered. "Well, yeah. Me an' the boys have been trainin' hard still," he commented, doubtless referring to Torben and Nemo, his two closest companions. "I couldn't get far from the woods, really, so I spent a lot of time explorin' and learning about the local ecology. Y'know, plants and stuff," he added, as though Jack might have trouble understanding what 'ecology' meant.
[break][break]
He stretched his arms upward, releasing a crick in his shoulders, and offered a satisfied grunt. "I guess more than anything, I haven't had a lot of experience with getting out there in the real wilderness, yeah? There's a ton of land that people don't ever really get to on their own, and I feel like I'd be kinda up a creek myself if there weren't any roads around."

[attr="class","ooc"]

NOTES

[break][break]TAGS:

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
Fresh Meat [M]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2024 23:31:41 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

Jack couldn't help but chuckle as Beau playfully elbowed him in the ribs. For a moment it felt just like old times until Beau's comment bridged the past and present Jack together again. "In my element, eh?" Jack blushed with pride, but it was also a reminder of what it had taken for him to get to this point. "I'm just glad to be in a position to help people, and happy to be on an assignment with my ol' pal!"[break][break]

Reflecting on Beau's time training in Petalburg, he wondered how much stronger the man had grown. He had already been a formidable gym leader in Dewford before leaving to care for his uncle. Though he hoped otherwise, Jack had no doubt he'd be seeing his friend in action sooner rather than later.[break][break]

"Plants and stuff," he repeated, his smile widening, "That's an important skill for Rangers! Maybe we can have you teach some classes to the public. I'll work some orienteering into your training plan as well." Jack had dealt with enough wilderness survival situations to want to make sure Beau got that training early.[break][break]

They rounded a path on the outskirts of Dewford and began looping back toward the town and a Linoone leapt from the foliage at the side of the road. It hissed aggressively at Watts while the Boltund barked playfully back. Jack gestured to the unfolding conflict and said, "Looks like you're up, rookie. Now's your time to shine."

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Mcfuzzled

Bro/Brah
April 1
Dewford Town
Bisexual
Personal Trainer
Trainee Ranger
Stay the course
Whatever it takes
6'4" height
6'4" height
awards
286 posts
part of
TAG WITH @beau
Beau Fontaine
Fresh Meat [M]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2024 3:49:53 GMT
Beau Fontaine Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","beauf4"]
[attr="class","post"]

Beau blinked at the rejoinder, scrubbing at the back of his head awkwardly. "Teach classes? Yeah, maybe," he acknowledged with a nervous laugh. "I know what you can eat if you need food and I know what you can't eat if you want to wake up tomorrow," he grinned wryly. "Everybody's gotta start somewhere, though, right?"
[break][break]
As they rounded the bend, Beau had to remind himself to stop as the wild Linoone jumped out of the underbrush, because it didn't register as an immediate threat at first. Then again, not everyone could probably punt the lithe Normal-type back where it came from without needing to even pop out a pokéball.
[break][break]
His eyes slid to Jack with a self-effacing curl of his lip. "Definitely feels like a first assignment, brah," he grunted, tossing a pokéball and releasing his Pangoro. The towering bear rolled his head around as though working out a particularly stubborn strain, then cast his gaze around the path, as though attempting to find a directive to orient on.
[break][break]
Beau caught the ursine's attention by waving his hand, then pointing at the hissing Linoone. "Hey, Torben, get that little dude away from people and back where he came from, alright?"
[break][break]
Lifting a surprisingly expressive eyebrow, Torben turned to approach the Linoone, whose hissing intensified at the new arrival until, comically, its gaze lifted to meet the scowl of the much larger, much more irritated Pangoro. Baring its needle-like fangs, the Linoone darted upward in a QUICK ATTACK, headbutting Torben's chest with all the force it could muster.
[break][break]
Torben, unfazed, brought both enormous paws up to seize the offending Linoone with crushing pressure, causing the smaller pokémon to offer a decidedly unthreatening squeak. Rearing back, the Pangoro executed a VITAL THROW that sent the Linoone sailing through the air, landing with a rustle in the underbrush some twenty yards from the path.
[break][break]
"Whoa, nice, brah!"
[break][break]
Beau jogged over to Torben and offered his fist, which Torben begrudgingly bumped with his own closed paw after an awkward pause. Beau turned to Jack and grinned, holding up the victory sign. "The streets of Dewford are safe again, yeah!"

[attr="class","ooc"]

NOTES

[break][break]TAGS:

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
Fresh Meat [M]
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2024 16:56:55 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

He couldn't help but laugh at Beau's self-effacing comment. "Hey, you ever gotten bit by one of those things? Their teeth are sharp!" Jack laughed as Beau pilled out a pokeball.[break][break]

While his tone was joking, Jack analyzed his friend's actions with a critical eye. He took a mental note of Beau's approach to the situation, using an appropriate level of force to remove the threat while returning the Linoone to the local habitat. Even after the confrontation was over, he watched Beau's interaction with Torben, scrutinizing the bond between trainer and pokemon. Witnessing the awkward fist bump, he couldn't help but grin.[break][break]

"Great job, mate," Jack clapped in celebration for his friend's victory. "I'm ready to declare this mission a success but it's not official until I file the report so we had best head back to the station."

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Mcfuzzled

Bro/Brah
April 1
Dewford Town
Bisexual
Personal Trainer
Trainee Ranger
Stay the course
Whatever it takes
6'4" height
6'4" height
awards
286 posts
part of
TAG WITH @beau
Beau Fontaine
Fresh Meat [M]
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2024 18:08:04 GMT
Beau Fontaine Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","beauf4"]
[attr="class","post"]

"Hey, I'll take it!" Beau laughed. He turned to Jack and gave a quick thumbs-up of acknowledgement, allowing Torben some personal space without actually recalling him into his pokeball. With a low grunt, the bear crouched down at the side of the path, plucking a long shoot from the ground that he began chewing on absently, falling into step as the little group set off once again.
[break][break]
"Better you than me on the paperwork," Beau commented as he walked alongside Jack. "It's the one thing I don't miss about the Gym. One time I sent in a 402C instead of a 204C and this dude almost got shipped off on a Luvdisc trawling boat instead of getting his badge win logged," he grinned, abashed, rubbing the back of his head nervously. "Bet you're too careful ta let something like that happen, though, huh?"
[break][break]
The slight tension in his shoulders eased as he walked with his friend. He felt good, for the first time in months. It was more of a relief than he'd even expected to be able to come back to Dewford, and joining up with the Rangers let him feel like he was actually on the verge of something truly useful in this crazy world he called home. Heck, the fact that Jack, of all people, was the one to meet him for orientation felt like a sign all in itself.
[break][break]
His grin softened into a small smile as he took in the afternoon sun of the island - Torben trudging behind him, Jack at his side, and Watts barking ahead at a Wingull, pouncing playfully after the bird along the path.
[break][break]
Yeah, this was gonna be good, he could tell.

[attr="class","ooc"]

NOTES

[break][break]TAGS:

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,989 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Fresh Meat [M]
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2024 4:00:39 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: