played by

Dyfalu

Oz
He/Him
July 11
Hau'oli City
Heterosexual
CEO of Adebayo Holdings
Wealth doesn't corrupt character - it makes it visible.
awards
232 posts
Ozni Adebayo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ozniadebayo
Ozni Adebayo
Guinea Pig [Asher]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2024 1:26:25 GMT
Ozni Adebayo Avatar
[attr="class","oznitop"][attr="class","ozni"]
[attr="class","oznimain"]Man, he felt so much cooler with a clipboard! Sure, he ran a multi-billion dollar corporation in shorts and jogging pants, but the pressed wood made him feel super important. Notably, there wasn’t any paper on the thing. All of his data was being collected on the tablet hanging from his belt.

Still, it didn’t feel like a real study without one!

At his side, a Comfey bobbed. The little fairy type was super social. She was also the one he used for all of his testing to date. Of course, Lei also thought the CEO doing basic bitch product testing was weird. But this product made him excited. It represented years of work, and it might break down the barrier between man and Pokemon. Which, if it worked, was worth seeing firsthand.

“Fey!” The feminine voice piped up behind him. It drew him out of his fantasies of Nobel prizes and standing ovations. ‘Look!’ The device in his pocket chirped a few seconds later. Following the line of flowers, Oz jogged up to his newest victim tester. “Hey! You got a second?” His smile is blinding.

His voice takes on a musical tone. His manicured eyebrows raise above his dark glasses. Like a magician pulling a card, he flashes a little piece of plastic. “There’s an iTunes gift card with your name on it.”

[attr="class","ozni","oznitag"]@
[attr="class","oznipoke"]

[newclass=.ozni] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.oznimain] margin: 0 auto; width:350px;background-color:#272727;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.oznitag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.oznimain b] color: #7DE4FB; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.oznimain i] color: #5ADEFA; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.ozni u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #7DE4FB; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.ozni a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 10px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.oznipoke] width:440px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat; ;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px; background-color: #7DE4FB;[/newclass][newclass=.oznitop] width:440px;height:50px;background-color: #7DE4FB;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Jun

Blaze, Ash
He/Him
July 15
Hau'oli City
Experimenting, but boys.
Petty Thief/odd jobs kid
Civilian of dubious means
If you want to be strong, learn to fight alone!
awards
245 posts
Asher Baran DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun3
Asher Baran
Guinea Pig [Asher]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2024 23:39:42 GMT
Asher Baran Avatar
Asher was quite often seen in the Upper District. Though not always for...good reasons. He was a petty thief by trade. He hadn't done so in a while, due to helping out around headquarters, but a little extra pocket money never hurt either. Still, he hadn't gotten a good haul yet. Hardly anyone was using cash anymore. When walking around, he heard someone address him. Or someone near him. Looking around, there was no other person the fancy and obnoxiously loud guy could be talking to. So the red head just pointed at himself, and walked over, his shiny Alolan Marowak on his heels.

The guy pulled out a little piece of plastic. An...iTunes gift card? Giving him a side eye, the teenager was suspicious as all heck. "First of all, I doubt this is all for the kindness of your heart. What's the catch? Secondly, you'd have to do better than that to get be to do anything. Even a lowly custodian job." And if anything sketchy was going to happen, Bones was out already, but he also had Frou-Frou the Rapidash, Chompers the Gabite, Kraken the Magikarp, Lucho the Hawlucha, and Noodles the Arbok. So he was well prepared if he had to fight his way out of some scammer trying to take advantage of him because he's a kid. Ash knew his value!

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Oz
He/Him
July 11
Hau'oli City
Heterosexual
CEO of Adebayo Holdings
awards
232 posts
Ozni Adebayo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ozniadebayo
Ozni Adebayo
Guinea Pig [Asher]
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2024 14:35:14 GMT
Ozni Adebayo Avatar
[attr="class","oznimain"]He expected an excited squeal. Maybe a mention of that book he’d published last year. A poor like this would usually dance to his tune for a few pennies. Instead, he got a flapjack stack of flack. Oz pulls the gift card back as if the kid had just sprouted a Krokorok’s jaw. With a huff, the CEO took a step back. “No need to be so hostile, kid.” His eyes dropped to the $100 iTunes gift card, wondering if the brat was shortsighted. “Geeze. I’d hate to see how you treat Santa."

His Comfey drifts over to the Alolan Marowak. She seems to be sizing him up. A quick glance reveals a strange little device around her neck a tiny piece of technology no bigger than a fingernail. Not too concerned about Princess Lei’s behavior Oz takes a minute to compose himself. A hand runs through tight braids as he takes in a deep breath of air. “Look, kid.” Fingers pluck the designer sunglasses from his face. He holds them in the same v-configuration as the gift card. “I’m not here to scam anybody. I just need help testing—” Then, that devilish grin makes a reappearance.

“Well, she can tell you all about it.” The Comfey turns to her trainer with a befuddled blink. “Feey?” He turns up the tiny device at his side—not too dissimilar to a Walkman. (“What?”) A feminine voice erupts from two places—around the fairy-type’s neck and at Oz’s belt. The CEO makes a rolling gesture with his fingers.

Quite enjoying her newfound ability to be (mostly) understood, the grassy Pokemon continues. (“It’s a—”) The thing buzzed as it tried to translate a concept the Comfey didn’t understand. The delay was pronounced. (--tranlator. We just need more voice samples!”) Hopefully, that’d pull the wedgie out of grumpy pant’s crack.

[attr="class","ozni","oznitag"]

[newclass=.ozni] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.oznimain] margin: 0 auto; width:350px;background-color:#272727;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.oznitag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.oznimain b] color: #7DE4FB; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.oznimain i] color: #5ADEFA; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.ozni u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #7DE4FB; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.ozni a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 10px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.oznipoke] width:440px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat; ;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px; background-color: #7DE4FB;[/newclass][newclass=.oznitop] width:440px;height:50px;background-color: #7DE4FB;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Jun

Blaze, Ash
He/Him
July 15
Hau'oli City
Experimenting, but boys.
Petty Thief/odd jobs kid
awards
245 posts
Asher Baran DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun3
Asher Baran
Guinea Pig [Asher]
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2024 2:14:49 GMT
Asher Baran Avatar
The guy evidently did not expect that, and slowly pulled the card away. "Considering strangers offering things to random people are always super wierd and sus, I'm surprised someoen didn't outright clock you yet." Seriously, the guy needed a reality check! "Especially since I'm a minor. And I'd burn Santa to a crisp, so I'm treating you slightly better." Santa was even creepier. Seriously, why would anyone let the guy in their house! Best sick your meanest, baddest Pokemon on him and let the law take its course. Or claim self-defense and be done with it. Bones at the hand, just stood with his bone in front, like some sort of samurai using his sword as a cane or something in front of him. Not even flinching at the Comfey that came by. Although...there was that wierd little device around the flower being's neck.

After the wierdo composed himself, he got super serious. Supposedly not there to scam anyone. Yeah right. Motioning the Comfey, he looked back at the dude. "Okay buddy, I think you need to go home and get sob-" Before he could finish, the Confey spoke! That immediately drew his attention back to it. Sputtering, the red head was looking between the two. "Okay, that is super cool. Still gotta sweeten the deal, but I'm totally interested in this translater thing for Pokemon. How's it work? What do I need to do to test it?" Ash looked at the device around the Comfey's neck a lot more closely. He...wasn't going anywhere near the guy's belt.

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Oz
He/Him
July 11
Hau'oli City
Heterosexual
CEO of Adebayo Holdings
awards
232 posts
Ozni Adebayo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ozniadebayo
Ozni Adebayo
Guinea Pig [Asher]
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2024 3:47:49 GMT
Ozni Adebayo Avatar
[attr="class","oznimain"]“Sus?! I’m not sus.” It wasn’t like he was slinging heroin. His hair was clean. Every inch of his casual outfit was capital-D designer. That included the limited edition shoes. Heck, he wasn’t even wearing a trench coat! What exactly was he going to do in a place like this? There were paper pushers everywhere. With a huff, Ozni expanded on his earlier words. It was petty. It was immature. But what else did a snot-nosed brat deserve?You’re the one being all paranoid.”

At the talk of Santa, the man shuddered. Setting people on fire was a bit extreme for a jolly fat guy in a suit. Couldn’t you just push him over or something? “Dang kid.” He shook his head. “You’re worse than the Home Alone guy.” The minor stuff made Ozni slightly uncomfortable. But he wasn’t perving or anything. Besides, he was almost all the way through his sales pitch! Or, well, sales demonstration.

When Ollver started speaking, the CEO felt his lips tilt upward. It’d be nice to see this kid swallow his words.

The Comfey stared down at the other Pokemon with pity. Violence was never the first solution. Still, she did not shy away from the perceived threat. This device finally made it so she could be understood! It wasn’t like one bone would scare her off. At Asher’s shock, the fairy type preened. Her tail drifted airily as she hid her mouth (and the device) behind a little flower.

That excitement made Ozni grin. Now was the time to strike! This punk was eating out of his hands. “About three years.” And he was about to go hungry.

[attr="class","ozni","oznitag"]

close tab

played by

Jun

Blaze, Ash
He/Him
July 15
Hau'oli City
Experimenting, but boys.
Petty Thief/odd jobs kid
awards
245 posts
Asher Baran DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun3
Asher Baran
Guinea Pig [Asher]
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2024 3:08:39 GMT
Asher Baran Avatar
Said the sus guy, offering a puny gift card out of nowhere. There is always strings attached."Let me take away all your fancy gadgets, your credit cards, your cash, your estates and offices, and see how long you survive on the streets. You won't last a day." Ash deadpanned at the paranoia comment. This was a basic survival skill. Far as the Home Alone thing went though..."Oh, I idolize the dude! I just wish he'd do it to his toxic family..." Sadly, he would have been noticed if he were to try any of that. The red head did get some small glee at the man being uncomfortable.

Bones just looked at the Comfey with disinterest. But still kept an eye on the duo. Violence wasn't necessarily used first with them. But they were always prepared for it. He did raise eyes at the talking Comfey. But the guy grinned, and the shiny Alolan Marowak didn't much like that grin. Eyes narrowed, Bones just watched for any sign of danger. Ash, on the other hand, gave the guy a deadpan look. "Three years. You got a lucky guess on my age. But the alternative is that I outright rob you. Or follow you, and then turn your office and/or home into a torture zone of traps. But I agreed to be a guinea pig, but I want more than just an Itune's gift card. A free meal at a restaurant of my choosing would be enough. Still cheaper than trying to get official product testers. You sure you wanna wait till I'm eighteen? I could be a famous Pokemon Coordinator by then, and won't need nor care about your PokeTranslator." A little bit of a bluff...he did feel like he could rob the guy if he so desired. But might as well try to play that he could be honorable. If not, also imply that he's a devious gremlin with a mean streak.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights