twenty-seven
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
292 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
Just Wanna Feel Better [M]
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2024 4:04:38 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
This last month had been miserable, to say the least. First, she found out her one potential ‘friend’  was a fucking dick (and scary as hell). That was on or a bit before the anniversary of her Dad’s death. And then there were the wilds, where tore her a new one after they escaped. After she failed to catch the fastest thing alive. A promise to said Dad.

Not to even mention the stupid Magic Man at the bus stop, who made her feel like a loser and didn’t even have the decency to settle it with a fistfight.

But maybe it was important to mention, as she cornered the letter that had been with him. June had no clue whether or not it actually was that ‘Pokémon’, but it looked the exact same. It floated back into the brick wall, terrified of the trainer that stomped forward. But it had been in Slateport, and she’d seen it.

All the reason she needed to go into a blind rage and chase it down. She’d been lucky enough to get it to go into a dead-end, and it’d been too panicked to realize it could’ve floated into the sky. But that wouldn’t have gone well either– Talonflame were ruthless hunters.

Oh, now you play scared, huh? Now you act afraid? Don’t got your fucking trainer to back you up, and you play dumb,” she snarled at the thing. If a sentient alphabetical letter could beg for mercy, it sure did try. “Un–unown! Unown…

Shut it, you! You’re either gonna bring me to your trainer, or I’m gonna…” she threw her left fist into her right palm. In all honesty, it was an attempt to get her brain to think of a clever threat that didn’t remind her of the last few weeks, but the Unown looked terrified all the same. Its whole body shook violently against the red, like a can of alphabet soup.

Now talk! Or lead me to him. Whatever– just tell me what I want to know!

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
I cannot conceive of a universe
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
Curiosity is one of the great secrets of happiness.
awards
1,337 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 5:23:48 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nomitest8"]
[attr="class","body"]

The Unown were a living alphabet, a collection of linked minds. When they were physically together, they were at their most formidable, capable of rewriting reality itself. Should a single Unown find itself in danger, it could reach out to its fellow kin for aid through the network of connection that tied each letter together, stringing words into sentences into stories.[break][break]
And now they had an Avatar, who could further protect them, and who wanted, above all else, to untangle them from the influence of the DRK Triad.[break][break]
Kallistatus alerted Nomi to the distress signal of the Unown in Slateport, cornered in some dark back-alley. She teleported as close as she could get to its location, eventually finding herself in the lower district, half-curious and half-apprehensive as she followed after Kallistatus, allowing it to lead her swiftly forward.[break][break]
To Nomi's surprise, it wasn't some mysterious DRK Triad agent - or dangerous Pokemon - cornering the clearly terrified Unown, it was a relatively normal-looking young woman. Nomi blinked, cocked her head. The woman seemed pissed. Why would a random woman attack an Unown?[break][break]
"Excuse me," Nomi greeted, voice calm, if twinged with confusion. "What exactly is going on here?"

TAGS[break]
NOTESMission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".nomitest8"]--accent:#f798d6;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-seven
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
awards
292 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2024 17:18:15 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
Just before she could raise her fist to punch the thing black and blue, a voice rang out from the entrance of the alleyway. June whipped her head around, only to see a pink-haired girl with… another living alphabetical letter. What the fuck? “Who the hell are you?

And what does it look like?” She looked back to the letter, which hadn’t moved an inch from its place on the wall. It did look a little relieved at the save, but that quickly disappeared when it noticed June had returned her attention to it. “I’m gonna show that bastard Father Winter what happens when you fuck with me.

Some shred of reason crept into her mind, like the chill of late winter. Maybe she should explain this a little bit, to the person that had another letter Pokemon in their arsenal. She couldn’t afford the jail time for Pokémon Abuse-- unwarranted Pokémon Abuse. This one deserved everything it got.

Y’know, that one guy. He sent out all those flyers in November? He… did something. And he had this thing with him when he did it,” she called over her shoulder. It’d been all over the forums she frequented for the happenings in Hoenn. June hadn’t been the only one fucked over by that guy.

I’m about to get us a lead on that bastard, one way or another.” She narrowed her eyes at the letter, which looked past the very angry woman to the one with a kindred spirit. If looks could talk, this one begged for help.

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,337 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2024 3:14:13 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"I know of him."[break][break]
Nomi's expression hardened, brow furrowing. This young woman knew of the DRK Triad - or at the very least, one of its key members. How? Why? Who was she exactly? Nomi didn't recognize her from within Rocket's ranks, though she supposed she didn't know every grunt. All the same, caution was warranted.[break][break]
Perhaps she could turn this to her advantage.[break][break]
"Not all Unown belong to him, you know," she explained, gentling her tone. She took a few steps closer, then held out her hand to the trapped Unown. It hesitated at first, then zipped over to her, hovering behind her shoulder - clearly still terrified of the angry woman.[break][break]
"What's your name?" Nomi asked, genuinely curious.

TAGS[break]
NOTESMission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".nomitest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-seven
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
awards
292 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2024 20:16:18 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
What… what do you mean? I know what I saw!” June yelled as she helplessly watched the Unown take the lifeline provided by the strange woman. How it cowered behind her. Her already bone-white knuckles clenched harder until nails painfully dug into her skin.

That fucker,” she jabbed a finger at the terrified Unown-D, “was there! It was there when that asshole sent me back in time, or whatever!

Who cared if she had another Unown behind her, this one blue? And why the hell did she say ‘not all Unown’? Nothing made sense. This scenario was almost perfectly orchestrated, down to the way she tried to defuse the situation. She racked her brain for any sort of explanation.

… Oh. June laughed darkly. “Oh, you fucking bitch. I see what’s going on here.

You’re working with that guy, aren’t you?” Of course, that was how she knew where to go. Why ‘not all Unown belong to him’. The rest of them belonged to her, evidenced by the one in her possession. These stupid things of fate, or legend, or whatever the hell was about them– she was in cahoots with that Father Winter Fucker!

I don’t need to tell you my name, you should know it by now,” she slammed one fist into another, her eyes narrowing onto Naomi’s with ferocious intensity. “He sent you here to laugh in my face, didn’t he? Came to kick me back down in the dirt, yea?! You've got another thing comin' if you think I'm just gonna let you make a laughingstock out of me again!

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,337 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2024 15:08:56 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"STOP."[break][break]
Nomi's voice rang out, louder than usual, the weight of authority carrying through the alleyway. Crimson eyes narrowed as she glared daggers at the girl. All semblance of a gentle, patient approach melted away as the words you're working with that guy resonated.[break][break]
"I am not a member of the DRK Triad," she assured, expression livid. "I am actively working against them."[break][break]
Kallistatus twirled about as if to emphasize her point. Blue crystals shimmered into existence, suspended in mid-air between the two women. Reflected in their surface was an image of Nisa Holo, tied up during the interrogation Nomi and had conducted during the Meteno incident.[break][break]
"This woman is my enemy," Nomi explained calmly. "I helped capture her, once. She is a peer of Father Winter's. I am looking for him, too."[break][break]
She stepped forward, flanked by crystals. Though she was small - shorter than the other woman, by just a little - Nomi's entire body seemed to thrum with a subtle power.[break][break]
"The DRK Triad are the greatest threat this region is facing, and I am one of the few people out there who understands just how important it is that we stop them."[break][break]
She held out her hand to the other woman, the offering of a handshake. Of an alliance.[break][break]
"So if you really hate them as much as I do, you'll tell me your name."

TAGS[break]
NOTESMission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-seven
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
awards
292 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2024 20:24:23 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
June’s mind raced as she struggled to remember the term for these kinds of people. The kind that had these fucky powers, and often-times used them to absolutely destroy random schmucks on either side of the conflict. She knew it happened because she heard about it all the time. They were terrifying, and awful.

Started with an A. Or, maybe, the better term was–

Y-you’re one of them ava-freaks.

Despite all the attempts to convince June from one false narrative into a more sensible, truer one, it instead shot a jolt of fear through her nerves. Father Winter, his ‘peer’, the ‘DRK Triad’-- all felt less important, suddenly. Inconsequential. Instead, she recoiled from the eyes of red and hand offered to her in ‘alliance’.

It looked a lot more scary than that Father Winter guy ever did. However, as the seconds dragged on, it became clear that this girl wasn’t going to attack her immediately. Maybe she waited for her to make the first move, so she could push her down and obliterate her. Or maybe she wasn’t going to at all.

June’s eyes narrowed, and she returned to half of her original posture. Still wary, with her body ready to flip around and run in a moment’s notice. “Who the hell are you?

S-sorry I said you were with him, or whatever, okay? Sorry I was gonna hurt that stupid living letter,” she pointed to the still hiding D. “But… you show up out of nowhere, speak cryptically, and then get fucking scary on me. You and your own letter.

And tell me I’m up shit creek without a paddle,” she spit out. “So what do I have to do with any of this? I just want to beat the shit out of him, not, y’know, fight Arceus or figure out the secrets of reality-- I don't even know what the fuck a Dark Triad is!

What stake does she have in this weird struggle? She's just a delivery girl. A nobody.

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,337 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2024 15:55:52 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

The girl's fear gave Nomi pause, and she lowered her hand. Had she really come on that strong?[break][break]
It was then that Nomi took the time to really look at who she was dealing with: a young woman around her own age, civilian clothing, and utterly terrified. And yet, defiance radiated from her: she was being entirely genuine about her hatred of Father Winter.[break][break]
She may have insulted Nomi, but she could see now that it had been a misunderstanding. This girl was an ally, not an enemy.[break][break]
She was merely ignorant, and now it was up to Nomi to educate her.[break][break]
So what do I have to do with any of this?[break][break]
"Everyone has a part to play," Nomi explained softly, voice lowered, demeanor calm. "If you want to hurt the DRK Triad, I can help you do so."[break][break]
Trust was built upon truth.[break][break]
"The Unown call me The Visionary," she continued. "I am their Avatar, yes."[break][break]
She held out her hand once more, but this time, it was accompanied by a smile.[break][break]
"Let's start over."

TAGS[break]
NOTESMission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-seven
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
awards
292 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2024 21:58:17 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
There was enough whiplash in the last two minutes to put an entire room of car crash victims to shame. From cryptic, to angry, and now to nice, it left June entirely confused as to what the hell was going on from the avatar. Did power from a living alphabet also take away some of the screws in your head? Was Nomi bipolar now? Multiple Personalities?

Or was she just fucking with her because she was an avatar and held all the power in the conversation– the situation? Hard to say, harder to know, and hardest to keep the frustration in June’s chest down.

So, what, her choices were to kiss ass or eat shit? Join a battle against some group she’d only heard rumors of and cared for even less, all for a chance to get back at the guy who fucked her over? Showed her a life she’d never have? Rubbed it in her face. What a joke. But why did she feel like she was the punchline for the umpteenth time this month?

Even if it wasn’t Nomi’s intention, she’d shown June just how out of reach her petty revenge was. How stupid she looked right now, in the face of someone who actually knew the circumstances. The thoughts invaded her mind, in those few seconds. As they dragged on, it multiplied upon itself exponentially, until–

GRRAAAAA!

She turned around and sent her foot into the nearest silver trash can. Unfortunately for her, someone must’ve thrown away construction-grade bricks, as it didn’t budge underneath her force. Pain shot up her foot like a lance, and she immediately clutched it with gritted teeth. “Fuck, ow!

Her back hit the wall, and her head followed much gently after. “I don’t want to play a stupid part. Or start over. Or hurt some dark triad. I just want to fight this one guy– but I guess I didn't realize I was trying to get involved in some power struggle fuckery.

"So sorry for wanting to not be stepped on. Next time I'll play my part perfectly, and let all you fuckers step all over me while you fight for control of the universe, or whatever," she said. Her foot throbbed alongside her heart. June had learned her place in the pond power struggle that was Hoenn during the war on the island. And when decided to be an asshole to her. And with Father Winter. And with after the alient world. "Just fuck me, right?"

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,337 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2024 16:16:14 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Nomi dropped her handshake attempt for a second time, startling as the girl kicked a nearby trashcan. She winced. That had to have hurt.[break][break]
She listened to the ranting - the defeated, childish temper tantrum - with a polite, neutral expression. She folded her hands behind her back, waiting patiently. As the pale-haired girl continued, Nomi realized that she needed this. It was a form of catharsis. Letting her finish mattered, so Nomi did not interrupt.[break][break]
Silence fell, punctuated only by their breathing. The Unown stared blankly at the women, their singular eyes stark white beacons in the low light of the alley.[break][break]
"Are you done?" Nomi asked pleasantly.[break][break]
It was a rhetorical question, the answer obvious. She cleared her throat and continued.[break][break]
"You have a choice," she explained, tone carrying neither harsh reprimand nor patronizing softness: merely a matter-of-fact candor. "You can either walk away from this place, pretend you never met me, and continue on with your current life or you can accept that there is something catastrophic happening to this region you live in, and resolve to do something about it."[break][break]
She unclasped her hands, held them out before her, palms up. It was the gesture of a prophetess - but instead of closed-off and cryptic, Nomi oriented herself towards appearing open and inviting.[break][break]
"So which will it be?"

TAGS[break]
NOTESMission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-seven
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
awards
292 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2024 23:13:14 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
Catastrophic? Cata-fucking-strophic?! June scoffed. “What, you think I’m stupid or something? I’ve lived here my whole life– we’re in a fucking winter. In Hoenn. Shouldn’t be below fifteen degrees, and yet here I am freezing my ass off. Of course shit's going to hell.

And why did it feel like this stranger was trying to get her to join a cult? It felt like a Rocket sales pitch, but instead of the ‘catastrophic’ being about the incompetency of the League, it was about how there was a shadow organization secretly controlling the region. The message belonged on a conspiracy theory channel.

But…

It’s not like I don’t want things to be better,” she said. Why was she even humoring this? Everything about this whole scenario screamed insanity. A horrible dream she’d yet to awake from. “But what do you expect me to do? I’m not joining Rocket, certainly not joining the League, and I’m not about to join some third, more mysterious war that I still know jack about!

If the stranger wanted to keep her secrets about whatever the hell a dark triad was about, then fine. But she wasn’t about to sign a contract without even a glance at the terms. One of them had to budge on information, and she had none to give.

Just–” she let her foot fall, and she crossed her arms, “anything. At all. I've heard used car salesmen be more up front than you, and they'll try to pitch you blinker fluid with a straight face. How dangerous we talking, how big is the dark triad, and, hell, why do they also have the same letter Pokémon you have, yet you're on the good side?"

She finger-gunned to the D that hovered behind Nomi's shoulder. It yelped, then quickly floated back down to the safety of cover. It shivered into her back, still unthrilled by the mere existence of the delivery girl.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights