thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
I want corruption, I think I'm the devil in disguise.
awards
8,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
A Shadow Emerges [M]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2024 3:55:34 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

The smile gives way to a thoughtful frown, Cillian's brow knitting as he searches the banks of memory for an answer.[break][break]

"Yuina," he repeats, and imagines her name with his lover's voice. "I think you might know my husband." Of course, he could be mistaken. had never mentioned she was a Ranger. "Temp?"[break][break]

Indeed, should she take a closer look at his left hand, the Luvdisc-themed wedding band was a match to the one Temp wore.[break][break]

"How did a Ranger of the League come into possession of such a dangerous creature?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Historian/Anomaly Ecologist
Elite Ranger
I don't want
To imagine a past, that doesn't have you in its future
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
To truly know one's self, look back on the marks you've made in history
awards
1,858 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
A Shadow Emerges [M]
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2024 16:16:01 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]
[attr="class","franntag"]

[attr="class","frannmain"]

If Yuina could have expected anything from giving her name to the Rocket Underboss she had just encountered... This wasn't it. He regarded her name for only a moment, like he was thinking... And then offered another name in return...[break][break]
...[break][break]
The rings they both wore were a match, and how many other Temp or Yuina were out there, that the connection would be made? He... Was a friend, someone she trusted, and worked with... She never asked if he was a rocket, he never asked if she was a ranger because... It felt like it didn't matter? It never crossed her mind that he could be, or that he was hiding anything from her? Was he hiding it, or... Did it just not mean anything that they were on opposing sides, working together for the same cause, to learn more about distortions...[break][break]
Who else did she know... That were aligned with rocket...? Did this change anything? But why did it have to...?[break][break]
She was stunned for a moment, the weight of the realization coming to her.[break]
"I-I do know him, I consider him a friend," Yuina offered evenly, she still would, even now... Would she be so callous and near sighted to turn away from Temp just because... No, she couldn't. It didn't sound fair...[break][break]
Cillian regarded the beast that stood in wait, still studying the interaction, waiting... Watching... A smart predator knew how to ensure its survival in a given situation, and which set of prey to pick out if it came time...[break][break]
"The same way someone can find anything in this region... Being in the right place at the right time. Hoenn seems like that kind of place," Yuina returned, she didn't know how it might have been hers, how she came into contact with it initially, but... Being in the right place at the right time, was an implication for a lot of things that took place in Hoenn it seemed...

notes[break]
Mission: Keep Your Shadow on a Leash -> Petalburg Woods[break]

[attr="class","frannpoke"]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323;  border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35);  border-top-style: solid;  border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
A Shadow Emerges [M]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2024 16:24:59 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"He's Rocket too, you know." Cillian doesn't hesitate to out ; basic research into his name could find as much, should Yuina consult a search engine. "Does that bother you?"[break][break]

She hadn't sounded betrayed or disgusted by the realisation that her friend was married to one of Hoenn's most infamous criminals. Surprised, perhaps. He can't fault her for that.[break][break]

His laughter is sharp, cutting but not cruel.[break][break]

"Yes, I suppose Hoenn is 'that kind of place'." An understatement, if anything. His friendly facade vanishes in an instant, however, as he demands, "Do you oppose Rocket, Yuina?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,858 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
A Shadow Emerges [M]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2024 17:37:31 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Standing there in the quiet shadows of the forest canopy, Yuina could only look to him still as Cillian drove the point home, that Temp was rocket, had been this whole time that she knew him. Did it bother her? Was he one of the masked individuals that took an attempt at her life on that island? Would he have abstained, or followed through with his loyalty to Rocket...? Did their lives outside of that divide mean anything...?[break]
Was she a fool for thinking that the divide felt arbitrary... Knowing Temp as a person, without ties to Rocket...?[break][break]
"No, it doesn't bother me. I met and know Temp as a person, not as a rocket. That feels more important," she said after a moment. She wouldn't know if Temp felt the same way, but they worked together for one common cause in that swamp, and now she had to imagine there were many rockets down there who were just trying to survive... Wasn't that a greater cause than a line that was meant to divide them all? Weaken their forces against threats greater than each other?[break][break]
And then he asked a question, after a jarring laugh at her reason for coming into contact with the shadow...[break][break]
"Do you oppose Rocket?"[break][break]
What could she say? What was she supposed to say? She knew she was walking on a razor's edge this entire conversation, now it was lined up to cut her down... If she said she did, he could kill her right where she stood, she had no question... If she said no, would he find her later? An expectation to show she didn't oppose them? To oppose the league instead? She couldn't say nothing... She had to say something... She was terrified, she'd been staring down the barrel of a gun and now it was cocked and ready to fire...[break][break]
"I...," she hesitated, did she matter? Did her insignificance thus far matter? If it didn't, he likely wouldn't have asked her... Demanded from her...[break][break]
"I... I don't think it's that simple... I think in the larger scale, we're working together against the same forces... The Megalopolans, the prophecy, The Drk Triad," she was gambling on her life right now... Taking another step along that razor...[break][break]
"That island on route 105 seemed so arbitrary... Compared to all of us fighting the megalopolans in the Fortree Swamps, or fighting Kyurem...," she hesitated again...[break]
"So no... I don't oppose rocket, because in the end, I don't it'll matter..."

notes[break]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323;  border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35);  border-top-style: solid;  border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
A Shadow Emerges [M]
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2024 15:52:43 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Though he nods, affirming that he's heard her, Cillian makes no further comment on her relationship with . For now.[break][break]

"We have common enemies, for certain." They'd fought alongside the League countless times where it mattered most. At the end of the day, they were all human. They all wanted to live. But... "That doesn't make us friends."[break][break]

He's not talking about himself and Yuina, nor either of them at all. He speaks of Rocket and the League. They would always be opposed to one another. Both wanted to be the bigger power in the region, and neither was willing to fold.[break][break]

She discounts the island as arbitrary, and he shakes his head.[break][break]

"Why do you support the League, then? If it's all arbitrary, why follow them?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,858 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
A Shadow Emerges [M]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2024 4:16:29 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

What was the saying?[break]
The enemy of your enemy is your friend?[break][break]
Yuina wasn't sure that that applied here... She still felt trapped in this moment, and now more than ever she feared for the future... this confrontation had gone farther than she could have ever fathomed... When she felt like she should have been dead ages ago...[break][break]
He asked her, why she supported the league, why she followed them... And right now, she felt like she was on a precipice of wondering the same... Some of her closest friends were there, those that she cared so dearly for but now... She had to wonder, who did she care for, that were rockets...?[break]
Her truth, her lies, were going to come out sooner or later... It was only a matter of time, and she already felt that some of the highest ranking leaders like Freya... How quick she was to turn and accuse... To pass judgement...[break][break]
If anything, if she really thought about it, most everything that she had done was... rather self indulgent, to find a place in this new life, to build on nothing, to quell that compulsion within the darkest parts of herself that she couldn't see... Did that mean that she actually supported the league? Or was it something else...[break][break]
"I've been supporting myself, the league just happens to be that vessel, right now," and again, it didn't feel like a full lie... Pieces, individual parts of the organization supported her, her friends... But she didn't feel like a supported part of the league... not yet...

notes[break]

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
A Shadow Emerges [M]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2024 17:32:49 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

He could pressure her into picking a side.[break][break]

He could attack her, and take the shadowed Arcanine for himself.[break][break]

He does neither of those things. Sometimes, the most important thing was to subvert expectations. It wasn't something Cillian Quinn did often. He was a villain, unashamedly so, and did not shy from his crimes.[break][break]

But this girl seemed to understand nuance, which made her — though not a shoe-in recruit — a potential sympathizer down the line. Someone that might grow disillusioned to the League and step aside when the time came.[break][break]

"Everyone works in their own best interest." Beat. "The League just try to pretend otherwise."[break][break]

He steps back and away from her, giving her space to breathe easier.[break][break]

"Question those above you. It's good for you." His smile is no less sharp, but perhaps warmer than before. "And take good care of that Arcanine. Don't let them take it from you. If you have any questions about its power, well." He laughs. "You know where to find me."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

gremlin creature

the shadow mod
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
3,500 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
A Shadow Emerges [M]
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2024 1:10:47 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven