shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]THE WILDS: ULTRA PLANT

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

ONGOING EVENT
EXPLORATION

DESERT RUINS[break]→ ULTRA PLANT

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1035423510278979624/1055328024813371442/showdown.mp3[/player][break]
Power Showdown! | Pokemon Journeys (2019) VOL 2
[break]

THE ULTRA PLANT IS A DARK WORLD that is wracked by frequent thunderstorms. Lightning spears the desolate canyons and valleys of this world and massive cord-like structures bridge the gaps. Whenever lightning strikes, lights attached to these cords light up too. In the horizon, large Xurkitree can be seen, dwarfing the area you arrive in...[break][break]

Several abandoned power stations can be found throughout the area, but they seem to be deactivated...

PROMPTS

LIST OF PROMPTS

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • 02 redirect the lightning by some way, or by using the ability "lightning rod".
  • 14 tend to another's injuries or staticky hair.
  • 15 "fucking magnetics, how do they work?" (i.e. use magnetism in some way)
  • 28 resolder the subterranean circuitry to activate, deactivate, power, or depower particular structures, power spots, or pokemon/ultra beasts above.
  • 🗺️ utilize terastallization in an advantageous way.
  • 🗺️ SPECIAL HUNT: will be able to encounter and catch a STAKATAKA or XURKITREE (one or the other); capturing these ultra beasts can influence the severity of the world's hostile environment by diminishing power, current connection, security, etc.

EXPEDITION TREASURES

AT THE END OF EACH EXPEDITION THREAD, all characters must ROLL for their final post. The HIGHEST FOUR ROLLS will be counted for what TREASURES are retrieved from the location. These treasures will be returned to each faction for future use...

[attr="class","pcContainer"]
[attr="class","greenBg"]

[attr="class","boxContainer"]
[attr="class","boxName"]YOUR HAUL

[attr="class","pcTable"]
[attr="class","pcFlip"]

[attr="class","slot material"]

RULES

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES. A more comprehensive list of rules will be published in each event thread. These rules are also subject to change.[break][break][break]

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • Your character can only be in ONE EXPEDITION THREAD at a time.
  • You may participate with all of your characters; however, be aware of your ability to post.
  • If a thread partner has not posted in awhile, please skip them in this event. Momentum is important for engagement.
  • Since these threads may feature combat, please be reasonable with your battling. Discuss with your group if you'd like one move per post, how many Pokemon are allowed to be brought, etc.
  • Try to keep posts short for clarity and speed.
  • Please be trusting and open to communicating with all of your thread partners.
  • Please INCLUDE WHICH PROMPTS you are using in your expedition thread.
  • Please have at least FIVE POSTS PER CHARACTER in your expedition thread.

IN YOUR FINAL POSTS, PLEASE ROLL.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcContainer]margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 25px; width: 325px; height: 150px; background: #2b2b2b; overflow: hidden; border-radius:5px; border:solid 2px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greenBg]position: relative; margin-left: -70%; width: 70%; height: 120%; background: #9DD404; transform: skewX(-30deg); border-right: 82px solid #96CD04; z-index: 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxContainer]position: relative; margin: 0; margin-top: -150px; padding: 0; padding-left: 5px; width: 300px; margin-right: 350px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxName]background: #fefaff; width: 170px; border-radius: 50px; margin: 0 auto 5px 69px; padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; font-family: Roboto; text-align: center; font-weight: bold; font-size: 16px; color: #000;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable]overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: scroll; direction: rtl; scrollbar-color: #7db302 #87c200; scrollbar-width: thin;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 7px; background-color: #87c200;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color: #7db302;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcFlip]width: 310px; height: 300px; display: flex; flex-wrap: wrap; margin-right: -20px; direction: ltr;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot]background: #fefaff; border-radius: 25%; margin: 10px; width: 40px; height: 40px; text-align: center; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot img]position: absolute; top: 0; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; margin: auto;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-seven
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
420 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
ULTRA PLANT: JA #2
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2024 17:44:12 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
They’d been walking for forever now. Even June grew tired of the activity, as the scenes rarely changed: weird creatures in the distance, a bunch of rocks and sand and black cables, and a few abandoned buildings in the distance. The constant grey skies, which threatened to electrocute them at any moment, hung above as the only thing that changed.

Annalise would throw a fit if she dared to venture too far, though, so she was stuck firmly behind the head ranger as they walked to… who knew at this point. Her backpack straps dug into her shoulders, yet another constant that only drove her more mad. She spared a tenth glance at her watch, only to see that they’d been in here for twenty minutes. “Ughhhhhhhhh.

There were a lot more rules this time around. ‘Don’t run off on your own’, ‘if you see Regieleki, run to safety and try to leave at your earliest convenience’, ‘don’t use your Pokémon as scapegoats, even if they’re fine with it’, ‘do NOT touch the black cables’. It felt more like a to-don’t list, specifically for herself. Annoying.

Listen, I know we need to find a base, or something, but… are you SURE we can’t just fly around? Matchstick is pretty fast, and there’s–” no assholes who threatened her Pokémon named to come out of nowhere and cause problems. “-no big Regieleki’s to kill us.

A good thing, since they walked out in the relative open. To their immediate left was a cliffside, and to the right was the open expanse of desert that held nothing but walking black cables and a few weird buildings. June could’ve sworn they changed spots every time she looked back.

There was a light at the end of this tunnel, though. Just ahead was a massive, decrepit Power Plant built into the cliffside. Staring up at the massive structure, scarred with black scorch marks all across her sides, made her feel tiny by comparison. Insignificant. "Is that what you even had in mind?"

close tab

played by

space

anna
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
ranger
captain
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2024 3:30:11 GMT
annalise henderson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mango annal"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
"flying's not a good idea," annalise says over her shoulder, run down by the same weariness is feeling. "unless you want to be struck by lightning."[break][break]after their run in with regieleki, she wouldn't put it past her partner. she glances back with a look on her face that could uproot any sprouting ambition to fly the rest of the way. another don't for june's list. [break][break]thankfully, it doesn't take them much longer to stumble across something of merit. annalise tilts her head back to regard the power plant, eyes narrowed against nearby lightning. [break][break]"hm, yeah, this could work."[break][break]a bolt zigzags through the air overhead, drawn to a lightning rod skewered through the crown of the building. the interior, however, remains dark. [break][break]annalise turns to june. [break][break]"let's try getting in."[break][break]
prompt 02
[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".annal"] --accent:#FFB546!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango i { color: var(--accent); font-style: italic; 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango u { color: var(--accent); font: 12px/12px 'Poppins'; text-decoration: underline dotted; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 60px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-seven
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
awards
420 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2024 18:38:33 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
Fine, fine…” June relented underneath the terrifying gaze that was a mad Annalise Henderson. Didn’t mean she had to be happy with it, and she crossed her arms in silent protest. She didn’t break her pout even when the streak of pure energy struck the building they approached. Likely drawn to it by the potential of the top of the building.

And as they approached the thing that resembled a front entrance, June quickly ran ahead to be the first one there. “Here, let me get the door for you, my la–

She pulled on it, but it didn’t budge an inch. June put all her weight into it and grunted, but it stayed close. This only lasted a few seconds before she finally relented and shook her arms. “Fuck. Did someone weld this bitch shut or what?

She looked to its sides to see a control panel– likely for the door itself. Her backpack fell to the ground, and she dug through it. It was much lighter this time, with only some snacks, water, and… A toolbox. It was big, bulky, and a million things rattled inside as she threw it on the ground and pulled stuff from it.

No way in hell this building doesn’t have some juice in it. Probably have a thing to attract the lighting on top, and got their power from the storms. That’s what I’d do anyway. Lot cheaper.

It didn’t take long for her to crack open the front panel and shove her gloved hands deep into the guts of circuitry and wires. “So… you do anything fun since our last time here? Do any planning, strategizing?

close tab

played by

space

anna
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
ranger
captain
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2024 19:15:43 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
bustles ahead of her, full of chivalry — and then the door doesn't open. annalise watches her tug on the door, wordlessly reaching for one of her pokeballs as each pull yields nothing. her ceruledge appears beside her with a roll of her wrist, joining the silent audience. [break][break]to annalise's surprise, june pulls out an entire toolbox and begins rifling through it. [break][break]"true," she folds her arms against her chest. "i thought the lightning would turn the building on but ... " [break][break]but it hadn't. [break][break]her thoughts wander, trying to come up with a good answer to her question. everything she's done lately have been particularly unfun, and the only strategizing she's done is in conspiracy with .[break][break]"i broke up with my boyfriend." she bites the inside of her cheek. "so not really, no. i did try looking up stuff on regieleki, but i haven't found much."[break][break]her ceruledge, whether through impatience or through the pressure begotten by her trainer's feelings, moves forward and cuts through the rusted edge of the door with a superheated bitter blade. the door squeals open, barely hanging onto its hinges, allowing them entry into the darkened facility. annalise takes a steadying breath. [break][break]"what about you?"

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango i { color: var(--accent); font-style: italic; 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango u { color: var(--accent); font: 12px/12px 'Poppins'; text-decoration: underline dotted; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 60px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-seven
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
awards
420 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2024 2:43:08 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
Probably a blown fuse, or faulty wire. Usually how it goes,” June said over her shoulder. This setup wasn’t the most complicated in the world, but it left something to be desired. An instruction manual, for starters. Oh well. Not even the people who built this thing felt the need for complexity.

Damn, I’m sorry to– WOAH,” she abandoned her spot next to the door as the strike cut cleanly through the thick metal. It’s honestly amazing how it didn’t fold in on itself, but instead opened against its will. Her eyes traced the now expansive black abyss inside, and then to the destructive Ceruledge, and then finally to Annalise.

I-I take that it didn’t go so well then… uh, I just worked on my end. Nothing too crazy, haha,” she said. Note to self: do not fuck with Annalise today. “But, y’know if you want to talk about it. I’m here. Yea.

If she was anything like herself, though, then talking about it was the last thing she wanted to do. So, June quickly put her stuff away and replaced it with a flashlight. It clicked on as June took the first steps inside the building. The beam cut through the darkness like the ethereal blade through the steel.

Only to reveal… little of interest. It did indeed look like a power plant. Just with a lot more thick, black cables that clung to the walls like vines. And the ground. And most of the equipment. They had to grow like plants, based just on how fucking many there were.

She stepped inside and began to explore the facility. There were multiple stories above them, barely visible behind the mass of debris. At least there wasn't anything immediately dangerous inside. Maybe this place was free from the creatures that roamed the desert. "Y'know, if it's any consolation, I had a guy friend-- ex-guy friend, end our relationship recently too. Real fucking asshole. N-not that it's the exact same, but... sharing stuff helps. That's what my friend says anyway."

Grigori always knew what to say when it mattered. If only he were here: he'd probably be a big help to know what to look out for in a place like this. And he could help Annalise, too. 

close tab

played by

space

anna
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
ranger
captain
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2024 6:46:00 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
annalise doesn't flinch as her ceruledge cuts the door open for them. she trusts the ghost-type's precision with her blade, knows it wouldn't let get hurt even if she hadn't scrambled away from the front panel. there are few times when annalise feels in control — especially involving someone as fiercely independent and stubborn as june — but this is one of them. [break][break]june offers consolation and she realizes with a pang that she does want to talk about it. it's another wound, however self-inflicted, that wants to bleed everywhere. everything before rocket, everything after rocket. it all hurts.[break][break]"thanks," she says, swallowing down the burgeoning desire to spill her guts. "i appreciate it."[break][break]she joins her inside. her ceruledge takes up the rear of the group, purple flames casting cool light that shrink the shadows thrown by june's flashlight. annalise touches her chin, gaze following a thick cord rooted across a control panel. in the unnatural silence of the dilapidated building, june speaks. [break][break]"your friend sounds pretty smart," she praises softly. but june is right, it isn't the exact same. is the best man she knows, and june's ex-guy-friend sounds leagues away from ever coming close to comparison. [break][break]"was it like, a situationship?" she approaches the equipment that had caught her eye earlier, fingers tracing its dusty surface. "that sucks, though, i'm sorry."

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-seven
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
awards
420 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2024 22:58:25 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
Do you mean, like… we fucked, or something? Cause we didn’t. It was just a friendship,” June said as she approached the ranger. “And don’t be sorry. Not like you had anything to do with it.

Even before the guy outed himself as the biggest dick of the century, the prospect was never up for consideration. He was way too nerdy about fossils and liked to poke his nose into things that weren’t any of his business. Looks-wise, that was a dead end right from the start. Decent friendship, though.

And then he showed his true colors.

If you tell anyone about me, I’ll snap Matchstick in two’.

She shivered, and she rubbed her hands along her arms. “B-but this isn’t about me! Don’t worry about it, this is about you and your problems. Just thought it’d make you feel better, or something, haha.

An-Anyway, what’s this?” June shined her light on the console and poked it alongside Annalise. Even if she knew what it was, it might work in side-tracking the conversation away from herself. Away from the landmine she nearly stepped on. “Main control panel? I can try to get it working.

She pushed a few of the buttons, but nothing happened. Typical. Once more, she flung her backpack off and pulled the toolbox out. Dust flew from the sea of cables she set it on, and she held the flashlight in her mouth.

'O, wha ha’end oh ‘our eeeh?” The words came out in a single combined, jumbled mess while she dug out the same tools she had out previously. “Ang hon’ cuhh thith one in haoff.

For emphasis, she jutted her head at the Ceruledge several times. If they decimated this one, then this entire base might be unsalvageable in terms of power. Not that it was a guarantee if she got the thing to work anyway, but the less she had to potentially do, the better. But having the lights on was more than good enough.

close tab

played by

space

anna
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
ranger
captain
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2024 3:23:41 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
"oh."[break][break]fucking doesn't define a situationship, but the undercurrent of emotion does. she thinks of and her science partner. they were friends on paper, too, but the want blurred the edges of their relationship. [break][break]"did you want to be just friends or ... ?" [break][break] doesn't let her pry too deeply into the matter, redirecting the conversation back towards her. it's like a tennis match of sympathy, each of them allowing the sensitive topic to be on their side of the court for a moment before sending it back. [break][break]"yeah, i think so. it looks like the main control panel, at least." she takes a step away from the equipment, nodding with approval as the other woman gets to work. "just do what you can. if it doesn't work, we can always try to look for like, a circuit breaker or something."[break][break]june bends down, sticks her flashlight in her mouth, and rifles through her toolbox. the words that slip between the plastic are barely intelligible at best. [break][break]what happened on your end, anna thinks she says, then something else she can't quite grasp. she follows the jerk of june's head with her eyes, over and over as she motions towards her ceruledge. annalise looks up at the ghost-type, but finds no decipherable answer in its flickering eyes. [break][break]"wait, what did you say?" she asks, blinking in confusion. her ceruledge raises a flaming arm above june's makeshift workstation, providing light with a grumble.

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango i { color: var(--accent); font-style: italic; 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango u { color: var(--accent); font: 12px/12px 'Poppins'; text-decoration: underline dotted; }.mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-seven
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
awards
420 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2024 5:12:46 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
June pulled the flashlight from her mouth and pushed away the Ceruledge's blade with the flat of both objects. "What happened on your end, and don't cut this one in half."

"You see how big this place is? It could take a whole day to find the circuit breaker," She returned the flashlight inside her mouth, but quickly pulled it out. A glob of spit flew onto the ground. "Yuck. Burnt plas- oh. Right. Yea."

close tab

played by

space

anna
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
ranger
captain
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2024 6:45:23 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
"oh."[break][break] 's explanation is met with the same, dawning understanding as it had before. she watches the shadow of the other woman's flashlight eclipse a portion of her ceruledge's flames, rejecting the pokemon's help. the ghost-type lowers its arm in a begrudged manner. [break][break]"true, yeah, um — " annalise looks down into the gloom, at the pale of her hands as she picks at her cuticles. her anxiety grows numb and faraway.[break][break] "well, i — i was captured by rocket last year. i don't really know exactly how long i was gone for, but when i came back, everything was different. and everyone's moved on from it but i haven't."[break][break] the words come easier once the seal is broken, but her voice grows detached, protectively devoid of cutting too close to the heat of her emotions. [break][break] "i don't know if i'll ever come back from what happened to me."[break][break]dimly, she can feel the sting in her fingers, but it's welcome distraction from her vulnerability. she shrugs, barely visible in the dark.[break][break]"and i just thought ... how can i be anyone's girlfriend when i'm not me anymore, you know?" [break][break]she shields her selfish reasons. [break][break]"so if i act like a bitch to you sometimes, you know why now."[break][break]it sounds like it's meant to be joke, but it just comes out pitifully.

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-seven
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
awards
420 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2024 18:25:16 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
Fuck them.

June stopped working on the panel, hands trapped in place by an unknown force. She gritted her teeth and locked her eyes firmly on the sea of wires. “Everybody wants to move on, but nobody wants to tell people like us how. We’re– you, are better off without ‘em.

She couldn’t do what Annalise could; detach herself from the emotion and go to some far away place. Acknowledge it as it danced between her fingers, a ball of thorny clay to be molded idly as the world went on. To see it was to feel it and to feel it was agony on her heart. It was either put in the tub to forget it or kept in her hands, with all its pointed edges to bite into her flesh.

But it did mean she understood the feeling more than the ranger could ever know. Or would.

Look,” June sighed and let her angry expression fade into a hard face, “I can’t help you on the relationship front. Or the kidnapping thing. But the self thing… that’s always gonna be subjective. People change, or whatever. Hell, I’ve changed a lot since–

A thorn dug into the palm of her hand, and she physically cringed. Ouch. “Since… um. Anyway. You’re still you. Just different. And if people want to give you a good ol’ spit shine, then they’ll make it happen no matter what. If they don’t, then you're better off without them.

If only Annalise knew the hypocrisy of those words. “Regardless, though–

She pushed one wire into another, and the room erupted in illumination. Soft, yellow bulbs shot to life, and a couple broke in the distance. None of the machinery hummed their usual song, but now the room shined brightly. Enough to see that it was, in fact, infested with the thick black cables everywhere around. And that there was a staircase on the right side of the room.

Being a bitch might just mean you’re not willing to put up with bullshit anymore,” she said. “Unless it’s mine, cause I know what I’m doing. Sometimes.

PROMPT COMPLETE: Resolder the subterranean circuitry to activate, deactivate, power, or depower particular structures, power spots, or pokemon/ultra beasts above.

close tab

played by

space

anna
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
ranger
captain
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2024 4:17:10 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
"fuck them."[break][break]annalise raises her head, fingers stilling, and lets the heat in 's words wash over her. people have often treated her pityingly since she returned from rocket custody, handling her with a delicate touch like making one wrong move will shatter her into so many pieces. [break][break]but june doesn't treat her like she's broken. the way she stumbles over her advice belies her own demons that she's fighting with, but annalise files it in the back of her mind for now. she looks back down at her hands, weighing the truth of her words. [break][break]you're still you.[break][break]just different.[break][break]am i? the building ache in her chest whispers back. she's too scared to look back and know the girl she once was, let alone consolidate that they are one and the same. the lights turn on suddenly and she turns her head away, swiping her face with the side of her hand. [break][break]"you're right," she says, her voice a little wet as she looks towards the girl fiddling with the wires. "well, except maybe about your bullshit. you did make us fight regieleki without a plan ... "[break][break]she smiles at her with an expression full of appreciation and an underlying sadness. [break][break] "nice work with the wires, by the way," she says, blinking hard for emphasis against the harsh lighting overhead. across the room, a previously-sealed door slides open on its own. "did you do that?"[break][break]
prompt 15

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango i { color: var(--accent); font-style: italic; 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango u { color: var(--accent); font: 12px/12px 'Poppins'; text-decoration: underline dotted; }.mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-seven
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
awards
420 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2024 6:55:23 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
Hey, I had a plan! It was to figure one out while I waited for it,” June sheepishly defended herself. A piss-poor attempt at it, but… c’mon. No one could’ve guessed they’d run into the thing three minutes into the expedition. Even worse when it was a whole lot bigger than she expected. Just meant she’d need to get creative.

But thanks,” she said. “And no, I don’t think I did that. But who knows. I’m not an electrician, so I could’ve fucked with some other stuff on accident.

She pointedly ignored Annalise’s sad puppy-dog face and instead left her tools on the control panel. Her path was obvious, with careful steps over and between whatever cables were between her and the newly opened door. “Might as well check it out. Maybe there’s some secret weapon we can use on the Regieleki.

That’d be nice, but extremely unlikely. Her light led the way, and she started to ascend the new staircase. Odd; why keep this one behind locked doors? Dust danced across the flashlight’s beam and invaded her lungs. June sneezed violently but kept going upward. It wasn’t a long journey, and soon they were in…

Annalise. What the fuck is that?

It was one of those fucking creatures from the open land, the kind that looked really scary and foreign and something best left alone. Instead, it sat in the middle of the room right below the gentle glow of a fluorescent bulb. It looked even more alien up close, like a thing to be torn apart on a mechanic’s bench. It was surrounded by dozens of electronics and the world’s largest supply of ‘general machines she had no idea what they did’.

The rest of the features in here didn't matter. Her entire attention fixated on the alien that would surely be hostile. She slowly backed up, her arms flat against the cool wall. If they didn’t alert it, then maybe they could leave and let this thing sleep.

close tab

played by

space

anna
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
ranger
captain
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 1:19:12 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
annalise follows after , her ceruledge taking up the rear. she stares at the back of the other woman's head, unconvinced, as she dreams up a secret weapon on the second floor. this place has been long abandoned (and by who? she doesn't know), so she doubted they would find anything important.[break][break]june's question urges her the rest of the way up the stairs. beneath the fluorescent light, a xurkitree slouches in the middle of the room. its cables are ingrained in the walls, the floors, greedily drinking up the power supply. the light overhead flickers. [break][break]"i ... don't know, but i've fought it before."[break][break]the ultra beast lifts its head, lighting up with a luminescent flash of blinding light. annalise lifts an arm to shield herself against its brilliance and feels her ceruledge shoulder its way to the front of the group. [break][break]the metal paneling along the wall groans as it tears a cabled arm free and swings a power whip at the group.

[attr="class","bottom"]

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
Marvel
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
Emerius, An Animanga Dragon Age Roleplay