she/her
December 25
Cascarrafa, Paldea
??????
Trainer
Civillian
0 height
0 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
161 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lucia
Lucia Aldrete
ground || c
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2024 3:29:19 GMT
Lucia Aldrete Avatar
Lucia dug around in her bag for a moment before pulling out a pokeball unannounced. She would have to take in Eris' advice into account while tossing the capsule out. A Pokemon was called out as its form in the light bent to take on a more reptilian appearance until it subsided. Once it had, a Charmander would rest in front of Lucia.

"Hi, u-uh, Vulcan. I-"

It let out a cry again, looking towards his trainer with a growl. The fire on his tail intensified in size and heat as the trainer. Lucia saw this coming and threw her hands up to try and dissuade it. She really wasn't in the state to be lightly charred once more.

"Wait! I, uh, just wanted to know!" she swallowed down her fear and then nodded her head along. "Uh, what do you want to do today?"

The Charmander looked confused at her question, though still was threatening in his stance. After a moment of remaining silent, he could speak up again. To Lucia's surprise, it was a pretty easy request.

"Getting food? O-Okay, that's easy! What do you want out of our relationship? What can we both work to achieve?"

Some more chitchatting around the topic and her eyes lit up with interest. She should have seen it a bit more clearly all things considered. "Yeah, I probably should have seen it coming...But I'll help you become strong! I'll get stronger and show you I can battle! If you just trust me..."

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,749 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
ground || c
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2024 13:55:10 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]In all honesty, she'd been expecting Lucia to run off like all the other kids that got their asses handed to them by Navy. To take the advice and decide to go out into the world and give it a try. But she supposes there's nothing wrong with practicing right here.[break][break]

Vulcan's aggression earns him a narrowed gaze from Reiner, the Luxray's tail flicking as he keeps a close eye on the situation. Thankfully, it doesn't escalate. And that alone makes Eris wonder if her words actually held water.[break][break]

"Pretty surprising that you can understand what he's saying." That usually came with spending time to understand what their expressions or gestures meant. "Perhaps that's a talent you have."
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] || theme

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT[break][break]

[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Madda

she/her
December 25
Cascarrafa, Paldea
??????
Trainer
Civillian
0 height
0 height
awards
161 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lucia
Lucia Aldrete
ground || c
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2024 6:55:29 GMT
Lucia Aldrete Avatar
"I kind of have experience with some Pokemon." Lucia said, turning back to face Eris. Vulcan continued to remain unruly but at least he wasn't attacking her. "When I was back home in Paldea, I looked after Pokemon my parents would bring home from work sometimes. I kind of learned as I went along. Some were kind of...what's the word for animals on two feet? Whatever those are. And his hunch is kind of like the ones some did when they were hungry."

Of course, Lucia didn't go full into detail, nor did she really need to! The memory of what those Pokemon were doing there exactly was painful enough to think about, much less imagine what she'd have to do to make up for playing her part in all of it.

The Charmander noticed the Luxray's gaze, shifting his attention towards the electric-type. It seemed to know when it was outclassed and relaxed itself behavior a bit under its watch. Lucia dug around in her coat pockets some before pulling out a berry that she had picked up on her travels. She offered it to Vulcan with a smile.

"Here. This should tide you over until we can get some actual food from the hotdog vendor. I think I can pick up enough bottles tonight for two bigs ones if I can push myself."

The Charmander stared at the hand offering the berry and sniffed it. Silence was met between the pair. But after a moment of waiting, he leaned forward to slowly take the berry offered into his own paws. One captured, he'd roast it over his tail before quickly consuming it.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,749 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
ground || c
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2024 3:03:27 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Picking bottles. A kid buying food for her pokemon by herself. The latter statement wouldn't have been such a worrying prospect if the former didn't snag her attention.[break][break]

But should she really worry? If she were in or 's shoes, she should, shouldn't she? And yet, in her own eyes, this doesn't seem too out of the ordinary. As Reiner keeps tabs on the situation at hand, she's left to churn the thought in her mind, over and over as she tries to debate her next course of action.[break][break]

Intervene and offer to pay for their meal? Leave things be because she didn't ask for help? Pursing her lips, she takes in a deep breath and sighs.[break][break]

"You can probably take the empty bottles we haven't tossed from the pantry."[break][break]

Reiner blinks at her words, then gently closes his eyes as he leans in to nuzzle her cheek. And for the first time, she seems to truly relax, smiling as she tries to push his bristly mane out of her face.[break][break]

"Down the corridor, to the right. Has a big sign that says pantry. They're in a bag beside the door."

[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Madda

she/her
December 25
Cascarrafa, Paldea
??????
Trainer
Civillian
0 height
0 height
awards
161 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lucia
Lucia Aldrete
ground || c
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2024 7:02:56 GMT
Lucia Aldrete Avatar
Lucia had been fully ready to spend the remainder of the day picking up plastic bottles and other various recyclables to scrounge up enough cash where she could afford to get her Pokemon something to eat in hopes of getting some food. But what she hadn't expected was Eris allowing her to use some of the used bottles that the gym had that hadn't been pitched yet. No doubt they would be a huge help!

"Are you sure? I don't want to take them without paying you or anything..." Sure, Eris technically didn't own the gym and could give her permission to take something that was theirs, but it was garbage either way. Any little bit helped in the long run.

"But thank you, still. I wish I could pay you back somehow. I keep meeting nice people here, but I feel bad for just leeching off of them. Have you ever felt that way?"

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,749 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
ground || c
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2024 8:09:53 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Leeching? In a sense, perhaps she too had leeched, only to be poisoned by those she leeched off. For love, for security...[break][break]

They're nice people.[break][break]

Her heart races a little. Her palms lined with cold sweat as she clenches it.[break][break]

"We're kids." Her voice is even but her body threatens to betray her. "It already takes us a lot just to get through one day by ourselves." Pushing herself up into a sitting position, she rolls over onto her knees and tries to stand. "If we can't ask for help or receive it, then this world-"[break][break]

Weak. Helpless. Their blood upon her hands. Their glares upon her back. Her question is innocent but evokes unwanted sensations all the same.[break][break]

You did this.
You did this.                            

Y̼̪̟o̶̴̧̘̗̜u͓͙̩ ̶̀͏̺̩̮d͔͈͉̝̜̬̹̭̙̀͘͞i̜d͙̯͚̹͞ ̞̭̣̜̪̫͜͠t̶̘̗̣͎̫̟͝h̛̗̗i̯̪͜͞ś̢̫̯̣͖̹͇̭̱͝.̵̹̘̖͓́͡ͅ
Y̡͉̼̤̤̯͍̍̅̈̔͞ó̪̹̱̆̉̋̋ͦ̃͋͠͝ͅṷ̲̝̩ͩͧ ̶̦̿ͭ͐̕d͇̲͓͚̠̉̍̚͘͞i̢̯̣̼ͯ̑d̶̠̤͉̰̻̃͒̄̊ͮ͐̎͢ ̨̰͇̆ͦ̇̄̎͑t̸̢͔̝̔ͣ̒͠ḫ̡̫̺̹͋̃́̋ͅi͙̦̹͓̗̲̳̙̓͂̂̋̐̓̀͜ş̯̞̱̠͙̝ͤ̾ͮ͛ͨ̋ͤ͂͝.̡͚̗̘̤̱͈̰̊̎ͮ̈

Y̡͡o҉͡͏҉͝ú̶̧͠͝ ҉҉d̶̕i̴̶̴d̕͜ ͢͡t̴̶̵̢̕h̀͜͞͏į̴̵͟ś̛͟͞.̸̷

[break]

The voices of the crowd. The squeaking and shuffling of feet against floor. The shift of air and swirling of sunlight. The unexpected weight of a question lofted upon her. Of the answer that is expected of her.[break][break]

"I have to go."[break][break]

Pencils and paints are forgotten in the wake of her hurried steps, a frail figure deteriorating into the shadows of winding corridors. Her Luxray follows, only turning back to give a brisk nod before catching up.[break][break]

Leaving Lucia all alone with an unfinished thought.

close tab

played by

Madda

she/her
December 25
Cascarrafa, Paldea
??????
Trainer
Civillian
0 height
0 height
awards
161 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lucia
Lucia Aldrete
ground || c
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2024 1:13:10 GMT
Lucia Aldrete Avatar
Eris stood up from her laying position and began to speak about why it wasn't a bad thing to feel as if she was mooching off of them. But there was some kind of strange thing that happened with her that made her just stop suddenly. Lucia frowned and then went to quickly lean over in confusion.

"E-Eris? Are you-"

A hand slowly reached out to see if she was alright before Eris came to in an instant. The older girl hurried back around the corner and left Lucia and Vulcan to themselves. She had felt bad about just leaving all this stuff here. Lucia bent down to pick all of the pencils and paints that Eris had left behind and set them on the counter.

"Don't worry, Eris! I left your stuff here on the counter, if you can hear me!"

On that note, the trainer and her Charmander hurried out back home.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights