He/Him
January 01
Fortree City
Heterosexual
Rocket Employee
Grunt
175 CM height
175 CM height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
389 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gerald
Gerald Kaiser
GC EXCURSION C: Shalin & Gerald
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2024 17:01:41 GMT
Gerald Kaiser Avatar
For the moment his time at the Research Station protection unit had come to an end. It had been a bag of varying success. But such is life. Now he had been moved over to the search and capture unit.

While the move irked him, he made the best of it. It allowed him an opportunity to work alone for the moment. An opportunity he relished as it made things so much simpler. This time he had decided not to wear the Rocket Gear, but rather keep it more modest.

His civilian persona would surely not raise any suspicions since from what he had heard many League and unaffiliated trainers had joined the fray in exploring this place. Right now, Gerald wasn’t doing much exploring, but rather tracking as he had stumbled upon a set of peculiar tracks which he decided to follow alongside his Absol.

NOTES: GC EXCURSION C: Monster Hunter

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 7:10:12 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"YAHOOOOOOOO!!!" the Sygna-clad Ranger Captain's voice echoes alongside the noise of a whip crack that reverberated all over the Giant Chasm. Even several Iron Thorns and Iron Bundle thought twice about advancing upon 's tall Venusaur, a bright, green glow surrounding both Saria's flower and the tip of the VINE WHIP that had just sliced the air with a sonic shockwave. Even after reaching subsonic speeds, the vine continued to twirl for far longer than a Venusaur's normally would.

Were sensitive to Infinity Energy discharges, he may have been able to notice the signature of Shalin's Sygna Suit: the only thing that kept her from being torn to shreds during her physics-defying feat. As the twirling slowed to a stop, the glow would progressively die down to where there would be a female figure... sitting on the end of the vine?

Even Lathiel the Type: Null and Midori the Iron Leaves seemed impressed by how much Shalin's technique had grown. Had she not been on an assignment in the Chasm, she would have gone again on what could only be compared to an out-of-control carnival ride.

{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Midori        Iron Leaves    Good
Sandy         Flygon         Good
Lathiel       Type: Null     Good
Saria         Venusaur       Good
Starr         Espeon**       Good
Firja         Glastrier      Good
close tab

played by

Senpai

He/Him
January 01
Fortree City
Heterosexual
Rocket Employee
Grunt
175 CM height
175 CM height
awards
389 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gerald
Gerald Kaiser
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2024 17:36:51 GMT
Gerald Kaiser Avatar
Unfortunately Gerald had no Infinity-Energy sensitivity. However, he was sensitive to loud whip cracks that could be potential danger.

He set off in a run, making his way as quickly as he could toward the sound, forgetting all about the tracks in the process. The Absol followed him in an effortless jog. And as he came closer, what appeared before his eyes were definitely not something he had been expecting.

Expectations aside he took stock of what he saw as best he could, a Vensuaur and some weird person riding its vine? There were some other Pokemon too, but right now he was kind of fixating on the vine-girl.

“Is everything alright here?” He asked bewildered and worried in equal measure.

_CfkQx6g

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2024 6:50:49 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin had barely heard Gerald's question, still recovering her senses from moving at the speed of a cracking whip. It felt like being flung in every direction at once, accelerating an entire order of magnitude in a split second, followed by whirling in a rapid yet fluid motion that was the dispersal of the whip's kinetic energy. The stress on her body had to be maddening... or would have been, were it not for the Sygna Suit she wore.

Once the Vine Whip at last came to a stop, Shalin waved toward her observer. "Oh, Gerald from the tournament! Didn't think I'd run into you here again. I'm fine," she acknowledged the man's presence. "I'm used to getting reactions like that when my Sygna Suit's involved." Even among suits, hers was certainly an unusual one. Midori let out a chirp-like cry, her robotic eyes looking just as happy as Saria's did. The Venusaur was proud of the level of sync they had with one another. It had grown to the point where the grass-type could whip her vine with all her might and never be able to dislodge her trainer.

{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Senpai

He/Him
January 01
Fortree City
Heterosexual
Rocket Employee
Grunt
175 CM height
175 CM height
awards
389 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gerald
Gerald Kaiser
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2024 18:26:52 GMT
Gerald Kaiser Avatar
The vine madness came to a stop and allowed Gerald to get a good and proper look at the Sygna clad woman.

She seemed vaguely familiar. But he couldn’t quite put a name to her face right now. Not that he was about to admit that. Luckily the Absol recognized the trainer, though not her Pokemon. Still, she gave the whole bunch of them a chipper greeting.

“Didn’t expect to run into you either.” He tried to seem more at ease. She mentioned the Tournament, he assumed she was referring to the VCT.

“Well, since you are used to that reaction, my next question probably won’t surprise you either.” He spoke, trying to keep the tone light and be more talkative though he did find the latter to be quite hard.

“Why are you doing that and why here?”

tJ3pPO4N

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2024 18:48:34 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"It helps get the Infinity Energy flowing between us," Shalin answered, sliding off the giant vine and onto the ground beneath her. Though she landed with a bit of a stumble, she seemed okay. "If you know much about Sygna Suits, that flow is really important." Every wearer had to have a way to get the sync going between them. Shalin's method was certainly unusual at the very least. Drastic, but it worked for her. "It's also just so fun!"

Fun? Whips traveled so fast that even a relatively soft material like vegetation could cut with the sharpness of the most well-honed sword. Sitting on something moving so fast should have torn Shalin to pieces. Though she looked a bit winded from it, she seemed to be completely unharmed. Were the suits really so extraordinary to be able to hold her together even under such extreme motions?

NEtO2BMX

{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

Senpai

He/Him
January 01
Fortree City
Heterosexual
Rocket Employee
Grunt
175 CM height
175 CM height
awards
389 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gerald
Gerald Kaiser
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2024 8:48:11 GMT
Gerald Kaiser Avatar
All the words that came out of Shalin’s mouth only added colors to the picture of a crazy woman that Gerald had already painted in his mind. Sure he didn’t know much about Infinity Energy or its flow, and sure she might consider all of that fun too. But it was still crazy and Gerald simply couldn’t fathom anyone putting themselves in that sort of danger for fun.

“Fair I suppose.” He muttered.

“Anyhow. -" A quick segway away from the insanity that was Shalin's hobby "- You wouldn’t happen to have seen some peculiar creatures in the area?” Gerald asked. Hoping that perhaps she had.

VrARL0rR

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2024 4:53:18 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Gerald's reaction was typical of a normal person. The danger Shalin would be putting herself in without the suit would be certain. It seemed like he wasn't entirely familiar with just what they could do. Even with her suit, it was still crazy. Even if was for a split second, the human body was simply not designed to move at supersonic speeds.

At the mention of strange creatures, Shalin's interest perked up. She whistled for Midori to come to her size, the Captain quickly mounting up as her bright SACRED SWORD formed from the center of her head-hilt. "Like her?" she asked Gerald, the Iron Leaves she was astride making a digital replica of a Virizion's cry.

poCr8DJq

{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

Senpai

He/Him
January 01
Fortree City
Heterosexual
Rocket Employee
Grunt
175 CM height
175 CM height
awards
389 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gerald
Gerald Kaiser
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2024 20:50:33 GMT
Gerald Kaiser Avatar
Shalin summoned the Iron Leaves and mounted the robot. Gerald took a moment to gaze upon the weird green robotic creature.

“Might be?” Gerald commented. “Well, before i found you, I was following some weird tracks. I have yet to see what made it.” Gerald began to explain as his eyes moved down to the hooves of the green machine.

As Gerald was doing the inspecting, his Absol moved closer to the robot, curiously sniffing at what scent it might carry.

qGlyPy9m

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2024 2:07:55 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Though Iron Leaves looked artificial, the paradox Pokémon had the speed, agility, and many of the same personality traits as a Virizion would. Gerald's Absol would find the futuristic clone of the Sacred Sword to be similar to that if the legendary Pokémon she was modeled after. Her regal demeanor remained.

"It's worth finding out what made these tracks," Shalin nodded in agreement. Lathiel turned back and shook her head. "Even Lathiel doesn't know what made them. We should be ready for a completely new opponent we've never seen before." Shalin would suddenly tense up as a familiar, legendary cry echoed from within the Giant Chasm's depths. She had a good idea what they were up against. It was just a question of which one. Which Beast.

"It seems we have angered the gods," Shalin mumbled.

KTK4aGxX

{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

Senpai

He/Him
January 01
Fortree City
Heterosexual
Rocket Employee
Grunt
175 CM height
175 CM height
awards
389 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gerald
Gerald Kaiser
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2024 18:38:25 GMT
Gerald Kaiser Avatar
Well, standing around here all day wasn’t really an option. They had strange tracks to follow. Luckily noise would alert them to the tracks authenticity.

“Gods?” Gerald would question. The tone in his voice revealed all that Shalin would need to know of what he thought about such a concept. (Aka not impressed)

But be that as it may Gerald would nonetheless approach the sound of the Angered ‘god’ and ere long the long raging yellow tore at his eyes with its brightness, while clouds swirled its neck. Gerald didn’t know what this was, but if it was a god, it sure was a weird one.

NOTES:
- GC EXCURSION C: Monster Hunter
- Raging Bolt fight triggered?
j1Hqx|lo

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2024 21:13:43 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The gods were not to be angered. Even false gods such as Raging Bolt, a facsimile of Raikou. His lightning-fast THUNDERCLAP caused Midori to rear in fright, striking the hilt atop her head and shorting out her Sacred Sword. Shalin, too, did not escape unscathed; the metallic body of the Iron Leaves served as a superconductor, frying the young girl and causing her to collapse from Midori's back. Angered, Saria drew her whips and flicked them toward the Raging Bolt, Lathiel making a leaping slash with both her CRUSH CLAWS to add gash to slash.

Shalin didn't move after her fall. Were to check on her, she would find her vital signs okay; the electric shock had merely robbed her of her consciousness. Even so, she was exceedingly vulnerable, only Midori directly protecting her.

MJflvvKG

{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

Senpai

He/Him
January 01
Fortree City
Heterosexual
Rocket Employee
Grunt
175 CM height
175 CM height
awards
389 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gerald
Gerald Kaiser
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2024 20:50:32 GMT
Gerald Kaiser Avatar
He may not have thought much of the idea of gods, but when the Raging Bolt set into motion delivering a powerful THUNDERCLAP at Midori he couldn't help but find himself amazed.

But amazement turned to worry when Gerald noticed Shalin wasn’t moving. Perhaps it was a flicker of kindness granted to him by not being in the Rocket headspace right now or perhaps some other reason was to be the cause but whatever it may be he hurried over to Shalin to check on her Vitals.

He found some modicum of relief when it became clear that she was merely unconscious. He looked toward the Iron Leaves, this so-called Midori and spoke. “You should take her and run. She’s in too much danger like this.” He looked toward the Raging Bolt. “I can probably distract it long enough for you to get away with her.”

Gerald didn’t wait for the Iron Leave’s reply. Another Pokéball was thrown into the air and out came a Miltank. Together with the Absol that had been following along, they both jumped into the fray. Absol summoned rocky formations of STONE EDGE to tie the movement of the Raging Bolt down, and Miltank charged in with HIGH HORSEPOWER to deal damage.

NOTES:
oXfIwal_

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2024 4:45:41 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Midori didn't hesitate; following Gerald's suggestion, the Virizion look-alike hooked Shalin by the hilt of her sword-horn and levitated her comfortably aboard. The psychic hold on her remained as the grass-type pranced away from the battle with the Raging Bolt, leaving the Rocket all alone against a Pokémon that they were able to just barely hold back working together.

The Raging Bolt roared hoarsely, the STONE EDGE turning its long neck into a liability. With both of them in close proximity after its feet were trampled from the Miltank's HIGH HORSEPOWER, the electric dragon about-faced sharply, whipping its DRAGON TAIL at them both in an effort to give it room to retreat. If Gerald wanted to catch it, he would have to make his move now!

CJjUxqmf

{PC: 7}

close tab

played by

Senpai

He/Him
January 01
Fortree City
Heterosexual
Rocket Employee
Grunt
175 CM height
175 CM height
awards
389 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gerald
Gerald Kaiser
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2024 15:24:48 GMT
Gerald Kaiser Avatar
The battle grew fierce quickly as a Dragon Tail swiped against both Pokemon. Absol managed to dodge but the Miltank wasn’t quite as fortuitous. But one hit was not enough to knock the bovine unconscious and so they would both quickly return to the offensive.

But luckily Gerald didn’t have to hold back once Midori carried away its unconscious trainer. His eyes followed for a moment, making sure they really were escaping as he began to feel a sense of relief. Though he did not quite know why.

He was free to work as he pleased. Free to release his Pokemon as he pleased. And so he did. Two Pokemon grew into four, then six. Overwhelming numbers against a foe with limited mobility. Sure it’s electric strikes were powerful but so were his Pokemon.

He let one chance at capture pass, as his gut told him it wasn’t the right time. But he knew there was plenty to be had for this battle and it was sure to take a while.

NOTES:
- Scene End

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]