Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
I cannot conceive of a universe
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
Curiosity is one of the great secrets of happiness.
awards
1,336 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
RIGHT FOR HER [Social]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 4:25:39 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nomitest8"]
[attr="class","body"]

Nomi fidgeted next to Parker, trying not to wring her hands. Her nervous energy was enough to irritate Valerian, who nudged her with his nose, letting out a huff of disapproval. It was the end of February, snow blanketing the park grounds, but it was also way too hot somehow. She tugged idly at the scarf around her neck.[break][break]
Nomi had fought the DRK Triad, she'd traversed space-time distortions, and she'd faced undead Megalopolians without batting an eyelash. But for some reason, the reality of meeting her girlfriend's little sister, in the flesh, finally, was enough to churn her stomach into knots. What if she hates me? and what if it's awkward? and also why wasn't she at the wedding - ?[break][break]
No, wait. What wedding?[break][break]
Kallistatus lurked, invisible, because Nomi had enough sense to know that you didn't bring your floating eyeballs - even your favorite floating eyeballs - to meet someone who had the power to look at the love of your life and declare, "Parker, you can do better." Would Avery actually say that? Was she as blunt as Parker? Arceus, she hoped not.[break][break]
"Parker, how much have you told her about me?"

TAGS | [break]
NOTES – Social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".nomitest8"]--accent:#f798d6;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
chaotic stupid, i'll get used to feeling useless
awards
474 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
RIGHT FOR HER [Social]
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2024 18:23:43 GMT
parker jones Avatar
maisey slobbers over her rubber ball at their feet. parker threw it a couple times on their way into the park, but now she's not going anywhere near it. if she can convince her to drop it longer than .1 second, she'll kick it, but avery should be here any minute. 

"huh?" she says, lifting her gaze from her adorable pink fur baby and up to her adorable pink haired baby. 

"oh, i told her the important parts. your eyeballs won't scare her or whatever. she'll probs think they're cool. but i told her how hot you are and also how smart, but i think she's like, 'well how smart can she be' because she's the smart one, not me, y'know? but like uber duber smart and oh, hey, there she is. 

"SIS! WE'RE OVER HERE, FUCKO!"

a waspish mother shoots them a dirty look and shepherds her kid away from them. 
close tab

played by

ceej

she/her
may 13
mauville
sometimes vertical
couch surfer
grunt
and i saw god cry
in the reflection of my enemies
5'5" / 165 cm height
5'5" / 165 cm height
all of the mothers raise their babies to stay away from me
awards
36 posts
avery jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @avery
avery jones
RIGHT FOR HER [Social]
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2024 16:02:59 GMT
avery jones Avatar
Fashionably late, as always.

Or, well, she slept through her alarm, then got up and chucked her mood stabilizers all over the counter because she was trying to open the bottle with one hand while zooting Flonase up her nostrils at the same time. Then she had to fight Stank for them and she feels pretty certain she’d stopped the Pikachu from inhaling too many Lexapro.

Oh well. If she was dead when Avery got home, so be it.

Her head whips round at her sister’s call, braids snapping so hard they crack against her shoulders (“Ow.”) She fishes for some Pokeballs, releasing her Skuntank and Igglybuff-- the former of which promptly picks up the latter in her mouth, producing a squeaking noise when she bites down slightly-- and allows them to dart off into the throng of Pokemon and make merry.

Everyone cries and runs away from the putrid canid.

“YEAH, YEAH, I’M FUCKING COMING, DON’T GET YOUR PANTIES IN A TWIST. Hi, honey, how are ya?” she asks, winking at the waspy mom and expediting her hurry away.

She kicks over to her sister and her sisters wifey in muddy Converse. “Oh, wow, look at us. Three lesbians and not a natural hair-color in sight.” She holds out her sleeve-covered hand. “Hi, I’m Avery.”
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,336 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
RIGHT FOR HER [Social]
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2024 17:18:46 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"My eyeballs - "[break][break]
But Parker had started yelling at a blue hurricane and Nomi automatically shifted her gaze to watch it roll right in, haphazard and chaotic and grinning like a jack-o-latern. Through the dramatic gestures, too-long shirt-sleeves, and colorful mismatched everything, there was a genuine greeting, so Nomi automatically took her hand - through the fabric - and mustered a brilliant (if only a little bemused) smile.[break][break]
"Hi Avery! I'm Naomi Sato."[break][break]
She paused, glancing side-long at Parker. Cleared her throat.[break][break]
"But you can call me Nomi! Everyone does. Well, Parker calls me lots of things, but - " She blushed. To much information. Why was her heart pounding so furiously?[break][break]
Valerian sniffed the blue-haired whirlwind, then cocked his head. Back and forth, he looked between Parker and Avery until he seemed to accept that they were, in fact, made from the same (weird) stuff. Instead of defend Nomi from the stranger, he padded over to Maisey and watched, with a critical eye, as she dropped-and-picked-up her ball three times in quick succession.[break][break]
"Anyway, it's wonderful to finally meet you!" Nomi continued. Another awkward lull. "Parker said you'd like my eyeballs! Er, my Unown."[break][break]
As if on cue, Kallistatus popped into existence next to Avery, and Nomi could swear it looked pleased.

TAGS | [break]
NOTES – Social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".nomitest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
474 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
RIGHT FOR HER [Social]
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2024 5:18:52 GMT
parker jones Avatar
maisey absolutely loses her fucking mind when she hears the sound of avery's voice. the ball is completely forgotten as she hastily gets to her feet, slobber dribbling down both sides of her mouth. her rump wriggles so hard parker thinks she might dislocate her hips and when she nears, she barrels through nomi's handshake with a shoulder-clapping hug. 

"yeah, i'unno if i want my sis callin' you babe, nomes," parker teases. 

she doesn't notice the awkward lull. she's too happy to see the two of them standing next to each other. like worlds colliding. it makes her realize just how fucking empty she's been without her sis. nomi's perfect, but ave's blood and ain't nothing can replace that. 

"mhm, this is kowabunga," she says, steel-blue eyes flickering up to the shiny eye. "and oh my god, please pet mais before she absolutely loses her shit." 
close tab

played by

ceej

she/her
may 13
mauville
sometimes vertical
couch surfer
grunt
and i saw god cry
5'5" / 165 cm height
5'5" / 165 cm height
awards
36 posts
avery jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @avery
avery jones
RIGHT FOR HER [Social]
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2024 16:46:27 GMT
avery jones Avatar
The first thing that Avery pings about Nomi is that she, like the rest of them, has no goddamn idea what she’s doing.

In a good way! In the best way.

Avery had been concerned Nomi would’ve been a hedged-off know-it-all, prissy and frosty and holier-than-thou. But she runs her mouth without meaning just like the rest of them. She says things she wishes she hadn’t, just like the rest of them.

She’s good people.

“I hope they’re nicer and sexier than what she calls me,” Avery says, mouth curling into the first genuine smile she’s had in ages. She turns on a heel to greet Maisey, slender fingers finding familiar facial folds, wet with drool. She flaps them lovingly, familiarly.

“I calls you babe, doe, right, babes?” she oozes, wubba-wubba-wubbaing the bulldog’s face, breaking out of it easily to snap, “don’t worry, I got it,” in an equally as familiar, loving fashion, the one-two switch of how their relationship flows, back and forth and back again, like the moon and the tides and easy, known, trodden.

Like Parker coming into her room for no reason and laying on her, holding her down while Avery wails and thrashes. Like Avery snapping hairbands at Parker from across the room until one hits home and they’re crashing through the house. Like Parker eating Avery’s leftovers and Avery eating Parker’s leftovers and this eternal, swirling spiral, this fibonacci daydream of how things used to be, how they are, how they will never change no matter how much blood gums up the gears.

She keeps her hands on Maisey’s face for grounding, unsure of what she’s expecting as she looks up into the shiny blue eyeball. It’s… less intimidating, than she imagined.

“They’re cute! I expected… more tentacles? For some reason?” she waggles her fingers as though to illustrate. “Did you get the valentines candy? I hope that was okay.”

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,336 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
RIGHT FOR HER [Social]
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2024 17:14:40 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

It was at that moment - as Maisey gobbled up Avery's affection like so many gourmet Poke-treats - that Nomi felt suddenly displaced. It was like she'd wandered into the restricted section of the university library without meaning to, surrounded by a history she hadn't been given explicit permission to read. Here was the biting back-and-forth of sibling jest, the intimacy of sisterhood, the sort of laughter that was entirely bespoke - customized to fit inside jokes only, so Arceus be with you if you happened to be on the outside.[break][break]
It wasn't Avery who was the third wheel, it was Nomi.[break][break]
An odd sensation was making her sweat - like it was summer not winter - and it was only after Avery had deemed Kallistatus "cute" that Nomi realized that the feeling she was experiencing was jealousy.[break][break]
Jealousy because Maisey liked Avery better than her. Jealousy because Avery obviously knew things about Parker that Nomi didn't. Jealousy because she'd never had a little sister. Or a big sister. Or anybody, really.[break][break]
"I - " She cleared her throat, trying to find the smile that Avery absolutely deserved. "I did! It was very okay. I mean - delicious! Like, deliciously okay. Erm."[break][break]
If this continued, she might actually perish. Which would probably be nice, all things considered.

TAGS | [break]
NOTES – Social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
474 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
RIGHT FOR HER [Social]
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2024 1:53:19 GMT
parker jones Avatar
she is, by all accounts, completely oblivious to nomi's fidgeting and bumbling on account of any jealousy or existential trauma. she notices enough to raise a brow at her, but then she squats down right next to avery while she squeezes maisey's perfect chubby cheeks and pushes the pupper down. 

she whines, exposes her belly for the not-so-secret-secret belly rubs and nips playfully at the toes of avery's shoes. 

"oh right. i forgot to tell ya 'bout the ciders ave sent. ave, nomes used to own a brewery." then real life and saving the world and every other bullshit got in the way of that, but y'know, that part can remain unsaid.

"'kay, so i'm starvin' 'n sloppy sam's is still around." she jerks her chin real quick over to nomi. "best chili dogs in town an' their fries? slap. then was thinkin' maybe we'd stop by the candy shop?"
close tab

played by

ceej

she/her
may 13
mauville
sometimes vertical
couch surfer
grunt
and i saw god cry
5'5" / 165 cm height
5'5" / 165 cm height
awards
36 posts
avery jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @avery
avery jones
RIGHT FOR HER [Social]
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2024 16:06:10 GMT
avery jones Avatar
Avery sits back in the dirt, slobber smeared palms making mud that sticks to her skin. She didn’t know exactly what reaction she’d been expecting so Nomi’s slightly fumbled admission that the valentine’s gift was tolerable didn’t rankle her as much, maybe, as it should have. She had, after all, purchased something on a whim for someone she’d never met and only knew through the lens of her sister’s often-blacked eyes.

She’s rubbing slightly dirty handprints into Maisey’s belly as Parker continues to sing Nomi’s praises.

“Oh, neat!” she chirps, genuinely excited. She opens her mouth to say I once left an old glass in my room so long it grew mold that may have been yeast or something and then shut it again, because no one really needs to know that, so she asks, “What got you into brewing?” instead, as she stands up and wipes her hands off on her pants.

“Sloppy Sams sounds great. Me want trashcan fries.” But the mention of the candy shop makes her pause. What little color she has in her face drains.

“...Sal still around?”

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,336 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
RIGHT FOR HER [Social]
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2024 16:34:19 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Somehow, the conversation continued on without either Jones sister realizing Nomi's compromised state. And that was...well, that was typical, wasn't it? A sudden sense of deja-vu came over her, then, as she was rocketed backwards in time to when Parker had been oblivious to Nomi's crush on her.[break][break]
They really are alike, she marveled.[break][break]
"My grandmother taught me to brew," she answered, finding her voice. It was more confident now: maybe because she'd realized she wasn't totally botching this. Jealousy wasn't new. She'd been jealous before, and things had worked out in the end.[break][break]
She leaned into that logic, held onto it like a lifeline.[break][break]
"I grew up on shrine grounds just outside of Ecruteak, in Johto. We used to make all sorts of things - elixirs, beer, spirits. Oh - and we harvested tea for a local shop in town."[break][break]
Nostalgia wound its way around her heart, tickling the invisible scars strewn about. She could smell the frankincense and myrrh, taste the lemon balm on her tongue, hear her grandmother's gravely singing voice as she greeted the kami in the early morning.[break][break]
Granny would have liked the Unown, too. Would have called them tenshi.[break][break]
Avery's face fell, and a pang of Nomi's earlier panic returned. Had she said something to offend?[break][break]
Wait, no.[break][break]
"Sal?"

TAGS | [break]
NOTES – Social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
474 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
RIGHT FOR HER [Social]
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2024 18:21:42 GMT
parker jones Avatar
nostalgia wraps around nomi in a different way it does parker. she thinks fondly back on honey-colored memories with her grandmother and when avery looks at parker like she's seen a ghost, parker is treated to a rapid-fire snapshot of their own bittersweet history, stained sepia. 

hands in the candy jar, legs swinging off the counter, an old man's drawn face while he sutured her skin back together. nights curled up on the floor, then on an air mattress, then a cot in the garage, promises of this isn't permanent, kids, but knowing that was a half-lie. 

"yeah," she says, "yeah, 'e is. devoted wholly to the candy business now, s'posedly." 

parker slings her arm around nomi's waist and starts wheeling their ragtag procession over to the next street. maisey dutifully picks up her ball and carries it in her mouth, chewing it as though it were bubblegum. 

"sal," parker confirms and scratches her neck with her other hand. "'ve brought sweets home from 'im before. he's the alfred to our batman 'n robin, but like, ten million years old."

the mouthwatering smell of grease and grease and more grease hits the roof of her mouth as they near the rundown brick building with a takeout window. they're busy as all fuck and the line's long 'cause everyone in slateport knows sloppy sam makes love to these potatoes. 
close tab

played by

ceej

she/her
may 13
mauville
sometimes vertical
couch surfer
grunt
and i saw god cry
5'5" / 165 cm height
5'5" / 165 cm height
awards
36 posts
avery jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @avery
avery jones
RIGHT FOR HER [Social]
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2024 18:39:40 GMT
avery jones Avatar
Say what you want about the Joneses. They couldn’t get a read on a person if they were inside that person’s own skin.

A large part of it is survival. You wall yourself off from threats (people, generally, being the biggest). In the shaping of it, you become a blunt object. Your brain is used for other things (Avery can tell you how to kill a person in about 52 different ways, but social cues? Bunk.)

“Oh, wow! That sounds really neat. Was it a family thing? Those get passed down, right? Shrines, I mean.” she thought about what she knew from some really awful books.

She doesn’t say anything when Parker confirms that Sal is still around and kicking. Because now she has to go look at the guy who gave her nickels for her baby teeth and tell him she was a war criminal.

Well. She didn’t have to tell him. But all of her felt so paper thin at times she was sure anyone could see through it.

“Have you been to Sloppy Sam’s, Nomi?” she asks, instead, pointing to the menu. “They make a pretty good burger, too. Or burger dog. Which is a hotdog with cheeseburger toppings. Which you probably… coulda guessed.”

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights