lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
dinner in bed, and korean food, say ‘i love you’ just a little bit too soon.
awards
1,491 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
lucky star [m]
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2024 22:07:59 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","sideinfo"]
[attr="class","charimage"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

He makes his way to Ever Grande on a balmy spring morning. The wind is cool, but softened by the warmth of the returning sun. Curiosity runs rampant as his mind scrolls back through the email he’d received and responded to just days before to set a date.[break][break]

What on earth could want with him?[break][break]

The contents of the message detailed training, though Lam isn’t certain why she’d seek him out. Memory flits back not to the gym match she partook in, but rather the summit conducted in his city not two months ago. The unexpected tensions that had risen among the gym leaders and their discussions with those present.[break][break]

Maybe she’d found his preparations and preventative plans for Lilycove insufficient? His brow furrows as he waits at the designated spot, not far from League HQ. It wouldn’t be surprising, he supposes. He’s not exactly a conflict strategist. His battling style revolves more around sport rather than active war combat.[break][break]

But he has worked with the tools and skill sets he has. And he doesn’t think he’s done a poor job with that. So maybe he’s just overthinking it. His fingers tap against an elbow where he’s folded his arms. Meant to be a lazy posture, it turns anxious in that subtle cue.[break][break]

Dumb, he’s being dumb. There’s no reason to be intimidated by . (False.)

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- m: vs. jirachi

[attr="class","credit"]MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.lam]--accent:#83B130;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lam]font:12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam h1"]font:bold 16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam h2"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .sideinfo"]width:150px;padding:20px 0px;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .text"]padding:20px 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .charimage img"]border:8px solid var(--accent);border-radius:50%;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .ooc a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .pkmn img"]margin:5px -10px -10px -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .credit"]font:10px Poppins;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .credit a"]font:10px Poppins;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
lucky star [m]
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2024 5:06:30 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

the acrid taste that had been left in her mouth following gym jam had been washed away with 's company and the bottom of a bottle. like all things, her anger surrounding it has mostly subsided. frustrations have fueled decisions and she's been able to take action rather than let them stew. 

part of that action is testing the prowess of the gym leaders from the summit. 

it's nothing personal that she's chosen lam first. honestly, she wanted to go with a middleman for the first runaround and get some idea of how the rest of them might go. she doesn't fear hurting feelings (gods no), but some inkling as to how they'd moved on in the aftermath will be helpful going forward. 

they'd all gotten their forms to on time, at least. 

the training facility is state-of-the-art, but it feels so sterile. she'd learned combat here, in the beginning, when fernando's fingers were still wrapped around her throat. that was before she sought to break her chains. 

she brushes the memory aside with ease and turns her head when lam approaches. 

"gym leader logan. thanks for making the trip out here. i hope you've been well?"
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,491 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
lucky star [m]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2024 17:50:38 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

It's not that he necessarily fears that Freya will injure his pride or feelings. More that...hm, well, he doesn't want to be a disappointment, does he? Despite his easygoing nature, anxiety has always been a constant nettle for Lam. A pebble in his perpetual shoe.[break][break]
So he was bound to be nervous regardless - her commanding presence simply emphasizes the fear of insufficiency. No matter what skills or talent he's been told that he has.[break][break]
Of course, he's got his methods for stress management, but it's not like he can light up before meeting with a council member, no matter how baked he'd like to be right then. [break][break]
He's not given much time to suffer his worries, at least. Finding her outside the facility, Lam lifts a hand in greeting. "Of course, it's good to see you again, Councilwoman." He's not a formal person, so the title rolls off of his tongue strange. "Please, though, just Lam is fine. I've been as well as I can be between spring challenges rolling in. I trust the same for you?" He shifts in place, chafing under the presence of small talk.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".lam .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .charimage img"]border:8px solid var(--accent);border-radius:50%;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
lucky star [m]
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2024 5:28:52 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

he seems just as uncomfortable with small talk as she is, but that doesn't make her relax in the slightest. instead, she nods tersely, offers an awkward smile in return and offers him the same: "freya's fine."

spring challenges sound lovely and for many, maybe they will be, but the gym leaders are their best front for finding recruits. leisure is in low supply these days; the very idea of it is far from her mind, at least. 

"busy. yes, i've been busy, putting together reports following our gym leader summit." her nose wrinkles and she opens the door for him, beckoning him inside. 

the wish-maker, much like the other legendary pokemon under the league's purview, do not live in the stasis of their balls. when she'd learned they're free to roam the grounds, she'd found the idea unsettling. now, it's enticed with what's supposedly, it's favorite serving of fruits - a motley assortment of pinap and mago berries. 

"i'm almost surprised to see it here," she remarks as it looks up from the platter, face and fingers stained with yellow and orange juice. "i set up the food almost two hours ago now and it only just showed a few minutes before you arrived."
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,491 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
lucky star [m]
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2024 16:15:32 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]
Maybe she's just as tense, given the set of her shoulders and the stiffness in her smile. Lam is still on edge, but when she doesn't protest the informality, a degree of his own tension noticeably relaxes. "Freya," he repeats, "cool cool cool."[break][break]
He's not about to insist otherwise, out of some stubborn place of deference.[break][break]
A sound of distaste follows her response before he can stifle it. A distinct eugh as his scrunched nose mirrors hers. "I'll bet that's a piece of work," he remarks lightly, thought the words don't lack for dryness.[break][break]
A task he doesn't envy.[break][break]
Following, Lam's attention darts around the spacious facility as she leads him to the proper space. His mouth forms a silent oh as his gaze settles on the table, and it's snacking occupant. The Wishmaker.[break][break]
Jirachi is mad cute; any photos he's seen don't really do it justice.[break][break]
"Guess it has a sense for timing," he says with a laugh. More of his uncertainty eases, without his realizing. Weighed out by curiosity as he looks to Freya. "Is this - Jirachi, why you wanted to meet?"

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
lucky star [m]
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2024 21:56:16 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

the presence of the wishmaker seems to relax the lilycove gym leader. a medical professional would tell freya it'd probably help her blood pressure if she kept a wide berth from the star-shaped creature. she's watched the videos on its capture countless times, collections of cell phone footage of the navel rock tower as a hellspawned ho-oh emerged from one of its tags. 

"yes, it is actually," she says. it blinks dolefully up at the two of them and then floats up to offer lam one of its half-eaten berries, strawberry mash smeared by its mouth. 

"while putting together that 'piece of work,' which, it is, and thank you for not being part of the problem, i decided i wanted to test our leaders' mettle for myself. see how they fare against our own legendaries.

jirachi has offered its services for the occasion. i think."
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,491 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
lucky star [m]
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2024 2:47:23 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]
It’s sort of crazy to think that something so tiny can be so powerful. Though Lam’s never been one to underestimate the small, either. His prize pidove is proof ten times over of that fact. There’s just something about Jirachi that exudes a sort of wholesomeness.[break][break]
Cinnamon roll. Too pure for this world– yep. That’s it. On the money.[break][break]
Though Lam has a feeling that might not be the case if it’s riled up. Looks can be deceiving, right? For all he knows, it can level a building with the wave of one widdle, pudgy baby hand. It floats up to him now, those same lil hands extended in offering. And um, yeah, obviously he’s gonna take the gift.[break][break]
“Wow, thanks!” He swiftly looks back at Freya with wide puppy eyes, bottom lip protruding as the leaking berry is plopped in his open hands (gross.) As if he’s silently saying Can you SEE this cute shit, right now?? Berry juice pools in his cupped palms.[break][break]
Lam grins and bears it.[break][break]
“Ah, no problem,” he says to her as he attempts to avoid making a mess, entertain Jirachi, and reply all at once. “Getting in the middle of all that felt like a bad idea waiting to happen.”[break][break]
He looks back at the wishmaker, curious after her suggestion. “Is that so? Have you, buddy?”[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
lucky star [m]
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2024 17:30:34 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

freya, on the other hand, is not swayed by its apparent cute charms. her lower lip does not curl and her eyes do not give away the mistrust, but there is a careful mask of dissonance placed upon her face that does not suit the situation. she avoids lam's gaze and examines the fruit dish she'd left out for it instead. 

lam's question is met with an enthusiastic trill and a spinning of its self, ribbons dancing elatedly. 

the lights above them darken, made mute by a purple and pink cosmic power that leaks up from the floor. freya backs up and readies a hand at the belt on her hip. the room is slowly swallowed in darkness by a motley of color and then, all at once, stars explode above them. 

stardust swirls, leaving her skin feeling electrified. a shiny, protective sheen ripples over the jirachi's skin and it floats away from them, still spinning, laughing joyously as though waiting for their response. 
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights