awards
3,190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
lucky star [m]
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2024 2:01:31 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"hmm. i suppose it makes sense." what's she to say? the only steel-type she's really familiar with are her duraludon and the dragons are...interesting, to say the least. prone to rust in the rain, they don't make for great battling companions - the maintenance just isn't worth it. 

the jirachi does not move. it does not even open its eyes as poppy dives at it with energy curling hotly off her tailfeathers. freya winces when the bird makes impact; the walls shake from the force.

jirachi rolls backward, onto its stomach, tags fluttering and bits of steely skin flaking around it. silence stretches and freya takes a step back. 

the eye on jirachi's chest opens and the full force of its doom desire bears down on poor poppy.

thank you for opening the avenue to my 'I HATE DURALUDON' stigma
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-seven
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
his hands keep turning into birds and flying away from him. eventually the birds must land.
awards
1,740 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
lucky star [m]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2024 22:17:03 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","sideinfo"]
[attr="class","charimage"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

“I’ve learned to apply simple reasoning to things like that.” Lam laughs. If he thinks too hard about the details in pokemon biology, he’d only be giving himself a constant headache.[break][break]
It shouldn’t look so cute as it wreaks DOOM on his pidove. If he didn’t know any better, he would’ve thought the Wishmaker was kicking its little feet as it rolled on its tummy and turned the room inside out.[break][break]
“Think ya got one more big boom in ya, Pops?” The little pidove wavers in the air as he asks, then surges upward to the rafters again.
Rather than sit to collect energy again, she hooks in a sharp U at the top of the ceiling and then plummets once more. The difference is obvious: z-energy burns around her as she drops like a dead weight straight toward the top of Jirachi’s little star-shaped head.[break][break]
There’s not as much force behind the shell that begins to encase her as she picks up speed. And though she still makes detonating impact and is a far bigger boom than the SKY ATTACK could ever hope to be, the METEORIC MINI MISSILE is nowhere near as strong as usual.[break][break]
But that’s his bad—he should have had her use it sooner.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- m: vs. jirachi[break]
- meteoric mini missile: the pokemon gathers z-energy to forge a plumage-like shell around it before colliding with its target with detonation level impact.

[attr="class","credit"]MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.lam]--accent:#83B130;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lam]font:12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam h1"]font:bold 16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam h2"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .sideinfo"]width:150px;padding:20px 0px;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .text"]padding:20px 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .charimage img"]border:8px solid var(--accent);border-radius:50%;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .ooc a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .pkmn img"]margin:5px -10px -10px -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .credit"]font:10px Poppins;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .credit a"]font:10px Poppins;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
3,190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
lucky star [m]
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2024 18:31:02 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

it might be the most impressive thing freya has ever seen, to be quite frank. the bird she'd so carelessly written off as dragon food is a nuclear missile. jirachi's doom desire leaves a stringent smell in the air, makes freya's eyes water, and she's sure the impact on a human may have outright killed them. 

jirachi tumbles playfully, stomach eye weeping as it closes, and its hands reach out to catch the bombastic pidove, face burrowing against its fluffy, dangerous downy shell before both of them implode.

smoke billows and freya coughs. by the time it clears, jirachi is on its side, all eyes closed, steely skin scratched and singed, both arms wrapped lovingly around the unconscious form of lam's pidove.

"it is, i think, one of the most terrifying legendary pokemon the league has," freya says primly. 
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-seven
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
his hands keep turning into birds and flying away from him. eventually the birds must land.
awards
1,740 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
lucky star [m]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2024 23:07:18 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","sideinfo"]
[attr="class","charimage"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

Admittedly, he doesn’t really expect Poppy to remain standing after the z-move. It was a bit reckless to let her attempt it, but despite her diminutive size, he trusts her capability and the fact that he’s seen her take some pretty hefty hits in the past.[break][break]
So when the smoke disperses, he’s not surprised to see her laid flat. What he is surprised to see, however, is how well Jirachi weathered the collision. It should be unnerving, and maybe it is—a little bit. But as someone who enjoys working with smaller pokemon, he’s mostly just impressed.[break][break]
“That’s no joke!” he replies, awe stealing through his voice. “But that’s what makes it so great! It’s easy to underestimate, and that works in its favor, clearly.” He doesn’t need a big beastie to be properly intimidated—all Jirachi needs to do is open up that third eye.[break][break]
Just as it had offered him the berries earlier, Lam approaches the Wishmaker and holds his hands out in request for the little bird it now snuggles close. “May I? That was a good fight! I hope you'll let me visit you again sometime.”[break][break]
He looks back over his shoulder at the councilwoman, still smiling. "Did I pass your observations?"

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- m: vs. jirachi[break]
- meteoric mini missile: the pokemon gathers z-energy to forge a plumage-like shell around it before colliding with its target with detonation level impact.

[attr="class","credit"]MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.lam]--accent:#83B130;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lam]font:12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam h1"]font:bold 16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam h2"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .sideinfo"]width:150px;padding:20px 0px;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .text"]padding:20px 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .charimage img"]border:8px solid var(--accent);border-radius:50%;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .ooc a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .pkmn img"]margin:5px -10px -10px -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .credit"]font:10px Poppins;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .credit a"]font:10px Poppins;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
3,190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
lucky star [m]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2024 1:59:54 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

easy to underestimate indeed. freya doesn't like to admit it, but being a dragon-only tamer can make her tunnel vision. she takes precaution against fairy and ice, but the rest of them, especially if they're smaller, struggle as sizeable threats in her mind.

she's no doubt poppy could have given even lyune some trouble.

it's lam's footfalls that make the wishmaker stir from its impromptu nap. both its eyes crack open and it yawns, snuggling poppy closer, but then it relents with a sigh, though not before patting the bird appreciatively on one folded wing.

"with flying colors," she answers without hesitation and, before she can start to see the legendary as anything less than a threat on a leash, she says, "i trust you can see yourself out," and promptly leaves.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,787 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
lucky star [m]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2024 23:16:55 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven