december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
cadet
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
215 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
Lutgarde's Exhibit
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2024 20:57:07 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","displaydevice5"]

[attr="class","displayborder"]

[attr="class","displaybox3"]

[attr="class","displaypkmn1"]

[attr="class","displaypkmn2"]

[attr="class","displaypkmn3"]

[attr="class","displayscreen8"]

[attr="class","displaycolor8"]

[attr="class","displayborderg"]

[attr="class","displayflowers"]

[attr="class","displaytitle"]CARRYING THE AIR ABOVE

[attr="class","displaytext"]
A simple flat in Lilycove City, occupied mostly by the inhabitant's wardrobe. It's lived in, but also not quite; a temporary place, but trinkets and memories start to gather and settle, like dust.

close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
cadet
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
215 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
Lutgarde's Exhibit
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2024 13:22:05 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar

RESPITE

Frankly, Lutgarde hasn't seen "their own (rented)" four walls for quite a while in this month. They've been travelling all across the region, following where their help might be needed the most. It's nice, being so busy, it truly is - but they've had a moment of respite now, and well.

Were sent home with the kindest words.

Maybe they did work a bit too hard, especially compared to Kalos which seems fairly peaceful compared to here ... They open the door to their flat, and a bit of stale air hits them. "Oh, we gotta air," they say, and Sylv's already jumping towards the biggest window. They've picked a flat where most things could be accessed by pokémon, so the Sylveon has no problems opening the window wide open to also let Sylph in, who's been hovering outside it, waiting for it to open.

"Decided to join us?" they laugh quietly, turning on all the lights one by one. It's already late in the evening - almost night. They've gotten something to eat outside, so the only thing to do would be ... going to bed.

However, they're reluctant to do so, and both Sylv and Sylph know. Sylv cooes, hoping onto the couch and tugging at the ribbon to motion Lutgarde to follow him, and they comply with a small smile. "Do you want to watch some TV?" they ask, taking the remote control. Immediately, Sylph also has positioned herself on the largest part of the couch. Her presence alone is demanding a certain show, and who is Lutgarde to deny her that? Especially when they don't really have anything better to watch.

Pulling up the streaming service, they navigate to the favourites quickly and continue to watch the drama that Sylph's currently obsessed with. The ranger only finds it so-so, and Sylv doesn't even pay attention at all, simply loafing in his trainer's lap for a little nap.

For a moment, it's peaceful.
close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
cadet
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
215 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
Lutgarde's Exhibit
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2024 21:41:13 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar

WORK

continued thoughts on a mud and sparkles npc moment

Frankly, there's part of Lutgarde dreading returning the saddle to Ben, but they've promised, and it wouldn't be a big deal, after all. That is, until they've found themself in the farm house, with a steaming cup of tea in front of them and no recollection of how they got here.

"Kid got home alright?" Ben asks, striking up some casual conversation.

"I wouldn't be here otherwise, would I?" they reply with a laugh, forcing to be casual even when they feel the tension creeping in. So far, Ben hasn't tried digging into the questioning from yesterday, so it should be fine. Sylv notices the tension, and gazes at the farmer with a silent look.

Man, Ben really reminds them too much of some of the villagers back home.

"True." There's a moment of silence between them, and Lutgarde feels themself relax with every passing second. They take a sip of the tea, and widen their eyes, curious.

"That's a flavour I don't taste often. It's really bitter, isn't it? But it smells sweet." They smile as they take another sip, fond of that odd combination of flavour. It takes them a while to turn to look at Ben, who almost seems like he's dying from holding back a laughter. "You know Granny Smith?"

"Sure do. Glad you enjoy the tea, I was calling her yesterday, just chatting and told her I've been rude, and somehow, they figured out it was you, so they gave me the tip. We're good?" Now, he almost looks a bit embarrassed, but Lutgarde smiles quickly.

"Only if you got some packages of that - I didn't manage to catch her before she's gone off to Unova."

"Please. I ... it's not really my favourite," he admits, laughing. Tea time is passing by pleasantly, but Lutgarde feels like there's something waiting for them still. It's mostly Sylv who's feeling it, however, as his grip around their wrist is a nudge tighter than usual, as if providing reassurance, and an extra reading.

"Say what you want to say before you burst," they graciously offer as they think they might be able to answer properly, but it's ... how would you ever know?

"Kiddo. You know that you've got to look after yourself, too, right?" It seems like he's put quite some thought into that, and also would leave it at that.

Lutgarde smiles, but it's a faint imitation of their usual. "I will, don't worry. I think Sylv will force me, otherwise," they laugh, petting the Sylveon who nods firmly.

With that reply, it seems like there's more to say - but there's always more to say in situations like these. "I've got to head to work now, but thanks for the tea!" They wave the package they've gotten, before mounting Sylph and flying away.

Ben stands there for a thoughtful moment longer, before shrugging. "They'll be alright." He can only hope.
close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
cadet
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
215 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
Lutgarde's Exhibit
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2024 23:20:27 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar

ALIVE

Night has fallen over Lilycove, and Lutgarde steps outside. Their apartment is small, so as soon as the temperatures rise, they leave the window open, leaving their pokémon with the choice to step outside their balls whenever they want and take a little stroll. It's Sylv leading them to the beach, after having woken up and noticed four balls of six open. Zylf, their Impidimp, and their Rapidash Oreo are resting. Sylph, their Togekiss, has found a comfortable spot on the roof to sleep on, and ... well.

"Oh," they whisper, uncharacteristically softly, as they see the glittering ocean in the distance. Their steps are quiet on the sand, as they eventually settle on one of the many benches there, sitting with a fond smile on their face.

As expected, their Primaina Noh and their Milotic Garnet - a name that just came to them - have snuck out of their balls and towards the nearby beach. Seeing the Milotic dance always puts them in a mesmerised state, but ... it's a whole different level when hearing Noh's voice going with it. Garnet's movements are powerful in the midnight waves, forcing Noh to rise his voice in a crescendo to keep up with the splashes, with the roaring of the ocean that's riled up by Garnet's movements.

He looks hesitant at first, but eventually leans into it, and almost seems to laugh while he's singing his heart out. Waves rise higher, and higher, caused by their joint performance, witnessed only by lonely observers.

Here, far from the city's street lights, the moon is brilliant with a cold, yet shining light, and the stars spread out over a dark blue canvas.

Here, with no one to see.

(The last leaf, the first bud. Welcoming the Tide, and weeping as it goes and takes with it what shouldn't be lost. Saying I love you, but not meaning it. A drawn negative, turned upside down and it's still unchanged. But you did it, you did it. Uniqueness broken in parts, as you scream your heart out without a voice, so aren't you keeping it still?)

(You're here, you're here, you're here.)

(Alive.)

Lutgarde nudges Sylv as they still dance and sing, and Sylv understands. The duo returns as quietly as they came, with the sounds of the universe in joy growing faint in the distance.
close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
cadet
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
215 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
Lutgarde's Exhibit
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2024 22:45:34 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar

HAIR

Lutgarde has. Copious amounts of hair. And it's only luck that they actually are a morning person because getting ready for work in time might otherwise prove to be a challenge. However, their recent addition to their team also has locks of similiar volume and length, and more importantly ...

Well, the colour's nice.

But also.

"Noh, it's alright if you don't want to dye yourself," Lutgarde reassures their Primarina while looking at the various dyes they have bought. "Just see for today and we will figure it out, okay?" they smile, and the water pokémon seems reassured - and also curious what might be the end result of the dye project today.

"Now, Oreo." They turn towards their Galarian Rapidash, which looks excited at the prospect of matching with Lutgarde and Sylv. "Our main colours usually are Black and Red - but I'm wondering now if we want to also dye your white fur, too, or if we'll leave that as is ..." they ponder, while brushing the Rapidash's luxurious mane.

"But, let's get started with the mane first! It'll be easier if we dye the same colours, so it's time to seperate them first."

While Lutgarde is by no means a hairdresser, over time, they've become somewhat of an expert in pokémon dyes - specifically the ones that have to do their job even in the rain. They've received a lot of tips in the hairsalons in Kalos, so they believe themself to be fairly proficient.

After splitting the hair up nicely, it's time to actually do the dying ... and honestly, that includes a great deal of waiting. "For today," they say, their pokémon half-covered in foil, "we'll only do something temporary. The more permanent dye needs more prep, and also more time - we can only do that one at a time."

And ... by god, they're so bad at waiting. It's agony, but they somehow manage to pass the time without ruining the dye job while waiting because they were dying to to literally anything else. "Now, let's see how it turned out ..."

They finish it up, and then critically look at Oreo. They don't need to lead her to the mirror - she finds it on her own. She stands still for a moment, then looks at one side, the other side. The black dye is a nice dark shade, complimenting the more vibrant scarlet colour and making it pop even more. "Now, what do you think?" Lutgarde grins, stepping next to the Rapidash. Oreo neighs happily, dancing a little bit around in one place.

Sylv also jumps onto Lutgarde's shoulder, and the trio poses in front of the mirror for a bit, with Lutgarde also taking out their phone to snap some pictures. "Perfect."
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights