awards
36 posts
part of
TAG WITH @atreyu
Atreyu Hargrave
poison tree [az:a]
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2024 20:09:22 GMT
Atreyu Hargrave Avatar
Exploring the Giant Chasm itself had been eye-opening, but the further Atreyu went, the more dazzled he became. He'd been in various caves to do studies before, sure, but this was something entirely different. The sheer size of Area Zero was dumbfounding. To think a place so massive and beautiful existed near Oldale Town this whole time... hm. He still didn't know the specifics of how this place came to be discovered, but did it really matter? It was a buried treasure now fully open to explore, and while he might not've been a Hoenn native, he was just as allowed to delve in as anyone else.

He'd been warned to be cautious, as the Paradox Pokemon (another new term he'd come to learn) were more likely to be hostile within Area Zero's depths. He wouldn't claim to be the best pokemon battler out there, but he was confident in the team he brought with him. As he scoped out the beginnings of the slope downward into the dark ravine, Trey dipped down to pick up a shard of blue crystal that'd fragmented off of a much larger one nearby. He twisted it around between his fingers, gaze narrowing as he studied it. So this was what was causing Terastallizing? Another thing he didn't know much about yet aside from studying some blogs and articles about it when he was still in school. Maybe he'd get to see it in person down here if he was observant enough.

Unbeknownst to him, a Dudunsparce wiggled up behind him, sniffing at the back of his boot.

wMHCbsGx

ROLL A NUMBER WITH A 3. - Encounter sword-like slashes on various rocks, trees, and more.
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,756 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2024 14:41:05 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]When one spies a stranger within these caves, there must be thought given to the scene. Do they possess a ranger's band? Do they don a mask to escape the consequences of their impending misdeeds? Are they one of those she's spied lurking around the research stations? Or are they simply yet another that has wandered into the depths just to quench that thirst for knowledge?[break][break]

Keeping a good distance, Eris peeks from behind a crystal cluster and watches intently. Though it's not her job to catch such intruders, it's most definitely in her best interest not to mingle with potential Rockets. At best, she can contact someone and tell them about this stranger wandering these parts. At worst, they'll either get hurt in their exploration or find her and potentially beat her up.[break][break]

Either way, all options spell certain trouble.[break][break]

kd6kMLOA
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] || theme

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

bay

trey, graves
he/him
twenty seven
august 18
lavender town, kanto
gay
on a manhunt
civillian
fire to a flame
ignite it
5' 10" height
5' 10" height
To infinity, even beyond it; I am a comet, no destination
awards
36 posts
part of
TAG WITH @atreyu
Atreyu Hargrave
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2024 1:38:00 GMT
Atreyu Hargrave Avatar
While he'd been examining, Trey's Absol, Indigo, had been keeping an eye out for trouble. The Dudunsparce wasn't able to get too close before he intervened, stepping around Atreyu to face it head-on. The pokemon didn't seem to be hostile, but one never knew, especially since this was their first time in the depths. Still, Indigo didn't react immediately. He sniffed the strange pokemon's segmented form, and when Trey finally noticed, he turned to crouch down, extending a hand for the Dudunsparce to investigate.

The trio waited, silence passing between them before the Dudunsparce finally gave Trey a sniff. The trainer smirked, pleased. "Kind of docile like a regular Dunsparce, huh?" he mused aloud, quickly whipping his phone out to take a picture. Unfortunately, he made a rookie mistake: the flash had been left on. The land snake pokemon squealed and reared up, flailing in a way that had it landing on its back. It squirmed and panicked as it tried to right itself, and all Trey could do was wave his arms back and forth in panic. "Fuck, sorry! I usually keep it turned off! Let me help—"

Indigo sighed, watching with the same disdain a parent might possess. As Atreyu righted the Dudunsparce, which promptly fled, tiny wings flapping in shock, the Absol felt something that made it suddenly alert. By the time his trainer noticed, he was pointed in the direction of a large crystal, hackles raised suspiciously. He didn't approach, though. Curious, Trey finally stood, brushing off his pants as he looked in the direction Indigo was pointing. "Uh, is someone over there? Hopefully not another Dudunsparce hoping to enact revenge for his fallen comrade," he joked, shoving his hands in his pockets. It was very likely that the presence was a pokemon, but if that were true, he didn't think Indigo would be reacting so dramatically. If he was being followed, it was better that he confront them now rather than when he ventured in deeper. "You might as well come out—my Absol is a pretty good sleuth."

kkfX_fAH
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,756 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2024 23:15:04 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Of all of the things she'd been expecting to see, it most definitely wasn't a Dudunsparce screaming at the flash of a phone. And for both pokemon and human to panic so wildly over such a seemingly small but significant thing.[break][break]

A soft growl, not from the Absol looking in their direction, but the Luxray that peels from the shadow. His eyes are narrowed, his posture tense, but he lacks the effort to push forwards for a fight.[break][break]

Instead, his eyes are kept keenly upon the strangers, all whilst Eris tethers on whether revealing herself would be a good idea. Eventually she does, having come to the conclusion that the warning is best taken while they aren't aggressing.[break][break]

A small peek from behind the crystals, enough for them to spot her messy locks of hair and eyes of mismatched shades. Then, a tiny shuffle forwards into the open so they can see her a little more clearly. A quiet scuff of her heels against the ground, a small wave and awkward smile.[break][break]

"Hi?"[break][break]

zIWAbHum

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

bay

trey, graves
he/him
twenty seven
august 18
lavender town, kanto
gay
on a manhunt
civillian
fire to a flame
ignite it
5' 10" height
5' 10" height
awards
36 posts
part of
TAG WITH @atreyu
Atreyu Hargrave
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2024 0:42:40 GMT
Atreyu Hargrave Avatar
The first thing to reveal itself was a stoic Luxray, seemingly poised for a fight but lacking the gumption to start anything. It was probably sizing them up like Trey and Indigo were doing to it, though the ecologist was less inclined to fight than the Absol. Silence passed between them for a bit, and Trey was willing to turn his back and start walking deeper into Area Zero until a person also stepped out from behind the crystal.

Ha! So Indigo had been right, then.

Trey offered a smirk at the girl's greeting, removing a hand from his pocket to wave awkwardly back. "Yo," he started, hoping to keep it casual. "Cool Luxray. You been down here before?" He didn't feel the need to bring up their affiliations yet; no doubt that might potentially dredge up hostile feelings between the two of them if they didn't align. Instead, he looked around them to take the crystals in, proving to her that he was still very much in awe of their surroundings. "I'm Atreyu—Trey for short—and this is Indigo. We're basically just here to see the sights; get a glimpse of what all the fuss is about. So far it's pretty tame, but there's probably more down here than a camera-shy Dudunsparce," he joked, smirking. He could only assume she saw his little blunder. It'd be just his luck.

8Gh25P5N
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,756 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2024 1:01:38 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Anyone that can look at Reiner and come up with the conclusion that he is indeed cool is somewhat worth listening to. An unfamiliar face with an unfamiliar name means that she probably should still remain alert, but his nonchalant attitude towards her is indicative of him not being some kind of traitor hunter.[break][break]

Her eye darts to Reiner for a moment, who simply returns a side-eye and frowns.[break][break]

"No rangers told you how dangerous this place could be?"[break][break]

From personal experience, it is very easy to sneak in here unnoticed. But she supposes that it's much harder to come here without hearing some kind of gossip as to what lurks in these depths.[break][break]

brmw1ELv

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
close tab

played by

bay

trey, graves
he/him
twenty seven
august 18
lavender town, kanto
gay
on a manhunt
civillian
fire to a flame
ignite it
5' 10" height
5' 10" height
awards
36 posts
part of
TAG WITH @atreyu
Atreyu Hargrave
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2024 2:18:22 GMT
Atreyu Hargrave Avatar
Trey shrugged, scuffing his boot in the dirt. "Nobody really stopped me from coming down here; seemed like everyone was too worried about their own agendas to notice me strolling through Area Zero." What he knew of the area was basically just that: the names. The Giant Chasm; Area Zero. He'd heard rumors in bars that it was a little dastardly down in the depths, but how was he to know the severity of it without exploring himself? He was way too nosey to let rumors slide without checking things out. "To be honest, I don't know much about anything going down here. I read a few articles, but public knowledge only takes you so far. Doesn't make sense for some random guy to come strolling in that's pretty clueless, does it?"

He knew it was stupid to some degree. Stupid had never stopped him before, though.

"Anyway, I'm just here to explore. I..." Something stopped him for a moment, Trey chewing on his thoughts as he mulled over what all he wanted to reveal about himself. He was a pretty open book, but he didn't exactly feel like spoiling the mood by talking about dropping out of school. "I'm a budding ecologist, so seeing the relationship between the area and the pokemon here for myself was too good to pass up. It probably would make sense for me to chat it up with a Ranger, but I haven't gotten that far yet." Indigo watched on patiently, though he kept a close eye on the Luxray in case things were to go south. His trainer was a little too trusting for his tastes.

_zwtyr5E
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,756 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2024 6:56:44 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"Mmm..."[break][break]

She doesn't need to say anything. The frown on her face is probably more than enough for him to piece things together.[break][break]

"The pokemon here aren't exactly... natural." To put things in the simplest of terms. "They're like the equivalent of a boogeyman, brought to life."[break][break]

Reiner nods at the explanation, his eyes refusing to tear away from the Absol.[break][break]

"There's earthquakes, distortion rifts, an angry giant wandering around..." And that's not the end of it, but she's sure that just has the opposite effect on most Hoennians.[break][break]

mPTzBOAA

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
close tab

played by

bay

trey, graves
he/him
twenty seven
august 18
lavender town, kanto
gay
on a manhunt
civillian
fire to a flame
ignite it
5' 10" height
5' 10" height
awards
36 posts
part of
TAG WITH @atreyu
Atreyu Hargrave
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2024 20:56:46 GMT
Atreyu Hargrave Avatar
He didn't know this person from Adam, but Trey didn't really need to in order to detect this girl's disdain for his approach. His smile remained, if only because he was openly laughing at himself, now. Indigo relaxed a fraction; he might not've been keen on how friendly his trainer was most of the time, but he had a hard time keeping up a stoic front in the wake of Trey's more positive moods. "Unnatural makes this place all the more interesting, unfortunately," he replied, pulling his phone out to make a quick note. "I've faced worse than boogeymen in my life. I'm also not entirely incapable for being an idiot, y'know. I can probably handle myself okay, even when facing monsters." Unless they were like, psuedo legendary pokemon or something. Then he might be in over his head.

But those didn't exist down here, right? Or was that part of what drew so many people in?

"What I've read of the distortion rifts leaves a lot to be desired. If I had to guess, that's probably what would actually do me in," he added, nodding. If they were going to question his capabilities, he might as well lay it all out on the table, right? And what could a person do to counter a distortion rift, anyway? It's not like you could wave a hand and magically will it to disappear, or so he assumed. "I came from Kanto recently, and there's only so many articles you can read about Hoenn disasters before it all becomes a mess of mumbo jumbo in your head." He was trying, though. His main goal might've been to find the man who set fire to his family's home, but he'd also have to do his part to integrate into Hoenn's society. He couldn't afford to get more behind than he already was.

He paused, brows flicking upward as a thought occurred to him. "Hey—you wouldn't be interested in being a tour guide, would ya?" He didn't really have the money to pay someone for taking time out of their day to escort him, but maybe if he was lucky, he could play stupid to the degree where this girl might take pity and agree. Lame, but he was willing to work just about any angle to start immersing himself in Hoenn.

Indigo gave Trey a sharp look and pawed the ground. Before he could so much as tilt his head, the ground started to quake, a far-off rumble sounding as the two braced themselves. It wasn't anything astounding, nor did it last long, but it definitely proved this girl's point. He made another note in his phone before patting Indigo, waiting to hear what the verdict was.

MQHkgbNE

- roll total: 503
- TOTAL OF ROLLS MADE BY ALL WRITERS REACHES 377. - You experience an earthquake.
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,756 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2024 23:52:09 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"Well, I'm sure that's the case if you're crazy enough to be down here... you still gotta be careful about those iron swords of justice and the ancient legendary beasts."[break][break]

Overconfidence and arrogance are sly little predators lying in wait.[break][break]

But the true silent killer is the simple mention of 'Kanto'. Though her expression doesn't change, her heartrate quickens, her palms growing sweaty as they find refuge in Reiner's mane.[break][break]

"I see." Short, simple sentences that will not betray her breathlessness. The ground rumbles mildly underfoot, knocks her off-kilter as she stumbles into the Luxray. A moment to hide away, a moment to keep her emotions in check before the cracks begin to show. And when she picks herself back up, it's with a smile.[break][break]

"There's not much to tour, but I guess I can."[break][break]

w_Q57R5e

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights