She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
464 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
[m] frankenstein's philosophy
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2024 21:30:37 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Rustboro City sucks. The smoke emitted from the buildings choked her, the industrial buildings burned her eyes, and the constant symphony of metal noise rocked her skull. But she received a hurriedly-written note from someone while walking in peripheral route. Strangers sometimes caught sight of the Ranger headband and seized an opportunity to get help.

But this? The woman had not offered any context or allowed any questions. She ran off after giving the note. It had an address in Rustboro and two words: ROCKET SCIENTISTS. It was underlined four times.

Robin had called Gwen instantly. She shared the few details she had while turning tail and hurrying to Rustboro. "Fly over; I'll meet you across the street from the building." Hanging up, she broke into a run. She'd caught a glimpse of the woman's haunted expression and knew waiting would be a mistake.

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Madda

Gwen, "Gwennie"
She/Her
May 29
Twinleaf Town
Closeted Lesbian
Ranger-In-Training
Cadet
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
172 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwendolyn
Gwendolyn Conway
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2024 5:52:38 GMT
Gwendolyn Conway Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Not one moment that Gwen had received the call from Robin and she was out of the door. She threw her jacket and bag over her shoulder while getting Gishath ready to go. The Gabit waddled along and broke into a full sprint as his trainer began to run over towards the direction of her not so psychic buddy. They weren't too far from it, but it would take a few minutes to catch up to Robin in full.

Gwen had eventually had trailed Robin's path and caught up to her by the street corner that had been agreed upon. She called her friend again, pokemon team at the ready and with a faint tone of concern for the woman.

"What's going on? I've never heard you sound so serious before..."

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
464 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2024 18:17:15 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Robin's grim expression is highlighted by the sharp contrast the blinking streetlight casts upon her face periodically. She is serious. "It's not just that woman's worry. I feel it in my gut. Something really bad is happening down there." She didn't have a lot of gut feelings -- something her psychic family judged her for -- but she had not been proven wrong just yet.

"Sinistea is already floating down there. When she gets to the lab, she'll use ally switch on you, then float down again and use it for me so we can both be down there without worrying about security. She'll pick a good, hidden spot; you'll be fine while we wait for her to get me, too." She puts a hand on Gwen's shoulder, offering a squeeze.

"My feeling's getting worse. We've got to act fast. We can call for more support once we incapacitate them." Her strategy was loose, but she was more focused than ever. They would not fail.

close tab

played by

Madda

Gwen, "Gwennie"
She/Her
May 29
Twinleaf Town
Closeted Lesbian
Ranger-In-Training
Cadet
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
172 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwendolyn
Gwendolyn Conway
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2024 9:57:31 GMT
Gwendolyn Conway Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Gwen caught up to Robin in little time, having been ready to go since she was called. It wasn't all making sense to her now, but if Robin was all worked up over this, she would treat it as serious. A plan had been made for them both while the Sinistea began to delve deeper into the depths of this building. It was going to be a proper little break in then.

"Just be careful, okay?" Gwen said to Robin, putting on her brave face. She couldn't let her friend worry about her on an important assignment just like this. "This is gonna be way dangerous for rookies like us, but let's do this."

Once she was ready, Gwendolyn was ALLY SWAPPED inside of the laboratory. She came to near some of the racks inside of a back room adjacent to the main portion of the laboratory. SHe slowly climbed closer to try and get a better vantage point of what was happening inside when she heard it.

An inhumane, feral scream that almost echoed off of the walls inside of here. It was angry but sounded like some demonic entity rather than a Pokemon. Still, this had to be what Robin's hunch was getting at.

"What the hell is that?" she whispered to herself, sticking to her hiding spot and looking around for Robin.

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
464 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2024 18:24:29 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Robin nodded her assent to Gwen's request. She'd be as careful as possible.

Before long, Sinistea ferried them both to the back room of the lab. Gwen was against a rack of mysterious chemicals. Robin caught Gwen's commentary right as she was ally switch'd behind the redhead. "What was what?"

Her question is partially answered by the sound of a loud, angry scientist shouting "GET THE PSYCHIC TO CALM IT DOWN!"

Robin shot to her feet and scrambled down the narrow hallway. Sinistea floated down to her from above. The space was far too narrow for her to summon Snorlax, so she tossed Toxtricity out behind her as she turned at the end of the hall to see an open lab. There was too much equipment everywhere for Snorlax to comfortably fit, but the ceilings were two stories high, at least.

An odd creature sat in the center of the room, sprawled on a metal slab. A medicham was above it, using psychic energies to mess with its mind. The creature cried out in pain.

Robin saw red.

She didn't want to hurt the creature further with anything AoE, so she had to use a more delicate touch. There was a scientist and two assistants and a psychic type to take out...

"Shift gear, poison jab-" she ordered in a shaky voice; Toxtricity obeyed, chaining the moves together to knock the assistant closest to the creature back into a glass cabinet that shattered. "Aromatic mist, poltergeist." Sinistea generated the mist that improved the stats of allies, then possessed the beaker of strange fluid in the other assistant's hand to toss it into his face, leaving him to scream and clutch at his head. Meanwhile, the medicham released her psychic attack on the creature and turned to use psybeam right at Robin's angry, trembling form.

close tab

played by

Madda

Gwen, "Gwennie"
She/Her
May 29
Twinleaf Town
Closeted Lesbian
Ranger-In-Training
Cadet
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
172 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwendolyn
Gwendolyn Conway
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2024 18:44:11 GMT
Gwendolyn Conway Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

”Whatever it is, I don't think it's good.”

Gwendolyn ducked down with Robin to peer out into the main lab to quite the sight. A strange, unknown creature laid on a slab with scientists and a Medicham currently using its powers to mess with its mind. She was angered by the mere sight of this, though not as much as Robin was. Gwen could know that look in her eyes from anywhere.

No time for a plan though, she led the assault headfirst. Her Toxtricity struck the assistant back with a poison jab while her Sinistea followed suit afterwards.

”Ready to get going, Gishath?”

The Gabite hissed in agreement and ran out from his hiding spot to intercept the Psychic meant for Robin. It pushed him back some, but he countered with a fearsome DRAGON BREATH towards the Medicham that had attacked him.

Gwen threw out another Pokémon, it being the Magneton that she had kept with her. It would hum loudly as it started to crackle with electricity.

”Aim for that scientist guy and use Electro Ball!”

The Magneton generated an orb of its immense electric energy and sent it hurling at the lone man standing besides his assistant, covered in chemicals.

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
464 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2024 18:39:44 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Thankfully, Gwen and her fast-acting Gishath kept Robin from getting blasted by the Medicham. Gwen's Magenton shocked the doctor and had him convulsing on the ground. Robin seized the opportunity to get closer, and once the shocks seemed to leave his body, she jumped on top of him and wrested her fists into his coat jacket to pull him off the floor and sit face to face with her. "WHY? WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS?" Her anger overcomes here, but the heat of it is not enough to negate the hurt and sadness that sit in the pit of her stomach.

Her tears are wet-hot-angry and her voice is enraged-shaky-broken, and she shakes the doctor the second he fails to respond. "What's wrong with you? You think I don't know what that is? You think I don't know what you had to do to make it?" She had seen snippets of its creation outlined in papers gained from her expeditions. More importantly, she has seen Type: Null in the wild, in the custody of Rangers. She knows enough of the scientific monstrosities taken to produce a pokemon from unusual parts and practices. A man-made pokemon, a being brought into the world by people who are only interested in seeing it burn. Something that may not have a soul, that may never become a ghost.

"What's the point of making more of them?" Her voice is barely above a whisper. "How many times do we have to liberate these creations before you understand?" The look in his eyes is utterly unapologetic. And he has the audacity to smile, something knowing, something cocky, something that so loudly proclaims 'You can't touch me and I'll be out of League custody before you know it with my connections.'

She pushes him down so his head cracks against the hard tile of the floor. And she punches him right in the mouth. And again. And again.

close tab

played by

Madda

Gwen, "Gwennie"
She/Her
May 29
Twinleaf Town
Closeted Lesbian
Ranger-In-Training
Cadet
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
172 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwendolyn
Gwendolyn Conway
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2024 1:43:57 GMT
Gwendolyn Conway Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

The head scientist had been attacked by the ELECTRO ORB and fell to the ground in a convulsing, fried mess. Before she could speak, Robin was right there and ready to tussle with the professor. She screamed at him, and for good reason. Gwen didn't dare to interfere between the not so psychic and her target of rage. Any person in her position would have done the same.

But then she started swinging, throwing punches left and right at the man's face. Gwen flinched as every blow connected and let Robin continue on before she began to frown. She was losing control all through this mission and this was the proverbial breaking point.

But he did deserve this. Nobody should dare to do what had been done countless times, and would continue to do so. Should she stop her before something even worse happened? What if she was accused of siding with them?

But something in her gut told her that it had to stop.

"Robin!" Gwen called, walking over to the hysterical ranger as she continued past the fifth or sixth punch. "Stop! Robin?!"

She wouldn't relent and Gwen had to physically stop her. She held back her friend by the arms, trying to at least stop her assault. Her uncertain fingers wrapped around her friend's arms and tried to pry her off of him, directly in the line of fire.

"You're going to kill him! You need to stop!"

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
464 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2024 21:56:55 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Gwen wraps around Robin to get her to stop, but the taller woman gets smacked in the nose by Robin's elbow as she pulls back for another punch. Robin quickly turns to face her instinctively, wild eyes honing in on the way Gwen grabs her nose, and for a moment, for a moment, she considers turning right back to the scientist and knocking his teeth out.

It churns in her stomach like rancid sewage.

"Gwenny, I'm so sorry," she says, reaching out for her friend, bruised knuckles aiming to brush across her cheek. "I didn't - I." Tears well in her eyes, the disgust over her own anger and outburst overwhelming her. She fails to find more comforting words as the scientist scrambles out from underneath Robin and back to his feet.

It feels like there's a clear divide. Choose to tackle the scientist or choose Gwen. It hurts to let a monster out in the wild, but she has to tend to Gwen and the Type: Null. "Gwen... I didn't mean to." She would understand if Gwen leaves for this. After seeing her overwork Munchlax and Toxel after the ocean routes battle and now this, Robin looked like a monster herself.

Sinistea comes in close and nudges against Gwen's face to offer comfort, but Toxtricity doesn't get the memo and runs down the hall to pursue the fleeing scientist and nails him with a potent poison jab.

close tab

played by

Madda

Gwen, "Gwennie"
She/Her
May 29
Twinleaf Town
Closeted Lesbian
Ranger-In-Training
Cadet
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
172 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwendolyn
Gwendolyn Conway
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2024 0:27:22 GMT
Gwendolyn Conway Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

SNAP!

Robin's elbow met its mark against the bridge of Gwen's nose, complete with the sound of her glasses cracking into two and landing on the ground beneath her. The force of the blow had knocked her back off of Robin and left her holding her nose in pain. The act hadn't gone unnoticed as Robin quickly saw what she had done. ENough so that she did finally get off the evil scientist.

To her relief, the man hadn't died at the hands of one angry woman, and instead would be subjected to a poison jab further down the line.

"I'm fine." Gwen said, her voice stuffed up as a trickle of blood ran from her nose. "I couldn't let you- I-If you had ended up killing him..."

Robin would have never forgave herself for it. Anybody could say that they'd just openly kill somebody for their actions, but very few would be able to cross that line when the moment came for them. She had seen Robin beforehand, and couldn't let her go down that path again, even if it meant sparing a monster from some overdue pain.

Robin's knuckles on her cheek had caused Gwen's face to flush once more. She looked up at her friend with barren eyes and exhaled, then wrapped her arms around the wavering girl.

"I've seen what happens to people...when they take things like you do. They end up uncaring, merciless and miserable. I can't see you go down like they did, Robin."

Her hand reached out to put her hand on top of Robin's own cheek, her thumb gently tracing circles around her troubled looking face.

"I can live without glasses, but we need to focus on the Type: Null first."

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
464 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2024 21:48:17 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Gwen's worry sits heavy at the base of Robin's throat. She feels overwhelmingly like crying, but Gwen's reassurance keeps her together. She stared at her best friend as Gwen stroked her face, wondering just what kind of people Gwen has come into contact with in order to speak with such certainty about dark paths, but now is not the time for an interrogation.

She turns her eyes to the Type: Null that is completely alert and staring at them. Distinctly, she feels like it has been watching for a long time.

The creatures are designed for violence. She knows they're built -- ugh, literally, built -- to hunt certain pokemon. Their behavior is deeply programmed. She suspects the worst, but the Type: Null approaches slowly, and Robin's wrapped in Gwen's arms and unwilling to move. The poor creature nudges its head against Robin hand once, twice, and gets its head underneath her palm. She sort of pets it, but it moves its head again to rub at her knuckles.

The scientist's blood transfers from her hand to the Type: Null.

She doesn't have a word for the feeling that possesses her in that moment, but her eyes turn to Gwen's with an unimaginable heaviness. In a whisper, she says, "Let's go."

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,221 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2024 23:58:49 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: