JAMES BAKER
dancing in the dark
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2024 9:12:20 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","james bakerboy"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

for once in a very, very long time, the apartment is immaculate, free from the clutter one would expect from two workaholics and one on the verge of becoming one. he'd done most of the cleaning, finding time between work sessions, but he left their bedrooms untouched, not wanting to know their secrets.[break][break]

the apartment has been cleared out, vacated to allow them their privacy just for this one evening. his roommates are likely holed up in the office, and even now, a part of him aches to be there with them.[break][break]

but as steps through the door, invited in, that part of him quickly fades.[break][break]

"i thought i'd cook you dinner. show you what you're missing out on."[break][break]

he says, smiling as he steps into the kitchen where he'd already started cooking.[break][break]

"you're not allergic to anything, right?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".bakerboy"] --accent:#5d7070!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".james"] --accent: #5d7070 } .james b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .james a { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .james i { color: var(--accent); } .james { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .james .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .james .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .james .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .james .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".james .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 88px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .james .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .james .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

sid, prism
she/her
twenty-seven
february 3rd
olivine city, johto
demi-ro
bounty hunter / smuggler
grunt
say i’m only playing, but the truth is this—that i’ve never seen a mouth that i would kill to kiss.
awards
74 posts
sidney tsuda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sidney
sidney tsuda
dancing in the dark
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2024 2:25:31 GMT
sidney tsuda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sid"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","sideinfo"]
[attr="class","charimage"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

This feels a bit out of the ordinary for her. Then again, Sidney has come to acknowledge her experience with up to this point had already been a deviation from the norm at every turn. She’s not one to stick around, or really make time in between tracking her marks, or making cargo drops.[break][break]
And yet when he asks her over, she goes. Inexplicably.[break][break]
The place is certainly cleaner than she expects of a twenty-something guy with roommates–not that she’d judge. She’s honestly of the messier variety herself. Clothes draped on chairs, papers and file folders scattered.[break][break]
“Oh? Dunno the last time anyone’s cooked for me,” she says as she’s ushered in. Honestly, she doesn’t really know the last time a date was just a quiet night in.[break][break]
He’s not the only one who’s been busy with work, and for someone as adventurous and go go go as herself, it’s weirdly nice to slow the pace. Even if just for an evening.[break][break]
Sidney follows him into the kitchen, the scent of cooking food greeting her. “Smells nice, whatever it is.” She tries to peek around him, curious, to look at the stove. “Nope. Not picky either.” She winks, just to prove that she means that in more ways than one.[break][break]
And maybe to fluster him. Just a bit.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- m: sleepless in slateport

[attr="class","credit"]MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.sid]--accent:#e0a8a8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sid]font:12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sid .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sid a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sid b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sid i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sid u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sid h1"]font:bold 16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sid h2"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sid .sideinfo"]width:150px;padding:20px 0px;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sid .text"]padding:20px 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sid .charimage img"]border:8px solid var(--accent);border-radius:50%;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sid .ooc a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sid .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sid .pkmn img"]margin:5px -10px -10px -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sid .credit"]font:10px Poppins;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sid .credit a"]font:10px Poppins;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

jamie
he/him
twenty-four
june 6th
ever grande
bisexual
aeos scientist
grad student
wolfy boy
dating
121 height
121 height
I'm watching you dancing in the kitchen, I could call you my new religion
awards
493 posts
JAMES BAKER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @james
JAMES BAKER
dancing in the dark
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2024 4:34:49 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","james bakerboy"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

her wink goes unnoticed as he's too distracted with cooking. he's familiar and trained enough to do so without much effort, but it's been a while since he'd last cooked, and he'd hate to mess anything up tonight.[break][break]

"that's good to hear! and it's, uh," he stirs, surprised to see her next to him, "gyudon. basically beef in a bowl."[break][break]

then, reaching over to pull the fridge open, he gestures in.[break][break]

"do you want anything to drink? i bought some stuff."

[break][break]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".bakerboy"] --accent:#5d7070!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".james"] --accent: #5d7070 } .james b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .james a { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .james i { color: var(--accent); } .james { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .james .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .james .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .james .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .james .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".james .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 88px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .james .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .james .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights