He/Him
July 11
Castelia City, Unova
Pansexual
Ranger
Cadet
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
43 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michaeldavis
Michael Davis
Career Day [M]
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2024 18:25:44 GMT
Michael Davis Avatar

=CAREER DAY=
Pokemon Pedogagy

Hoenn was no stranger to the world of Pokemon and all of which it encapsulated. The school of Odale Town, along with many others, called on help from the professionals who worked with Pokemon in their daily lives. And so the school announced a Career Day the week prior! As expected, the children excitedly murmured among themselves while awaiting the grand event. Some did their best to not watch the clocks as the seconds passed by during important lessons!

Michael arrived at the Rangers' Booth in the Schoolyard. The first thing he sought to do was introduce himself to his fellow volunteer before children attended the big event. Since waking up, he imagined how he would make the work of a Ranger seem glamorous to the minds of the youth!

Michael realized he had arrived a bit early as he noticed he was the only one at the booth so far. So, while waiting, Michael idly rolled the miniaturized Pokeball in his right hand.

"Just a bit longer, Eimyrja," he spoke to it with a gentle smile. "We want to put on a good show for the kids. I'll let you out when it's time. I promise."

[PC: 1]
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

axel
he/him/his
february 3rd
malie city
asexual
trainer
senior ranger
single
5’2” height
5’2” height
awards
240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absalom
absalom steel
Career Day [M]
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2024 4:39:28 GMT
absalom steel Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg4"]

[attr="class","header"]WHAT DOESN’T KILL YOU MAKES YOU STRONGER

[attr="class","setting"]

Today was sure to be a strange experience. Apart from college lectures, he had never been inside a school. Any classes he had taken before college were online, and the only college classes he attended in person were those that couldn't be done online, like most science classes. He also attended college lectures given by guest speakers in person.
[break][break]
Anyway, he had been assigned the task of helping kids who were not much younger than himself learn about rangers and what it was like to be one, especially at his age.
[break][break]
Arriving at the school in Oldale Town, he brought Mirage to a stop. Taking a deep breath to calm his nerves, he dismounted the Hisuian Zoroark and turned to face the spectral fox.
[break][break]
"Let's do this," he said, smiling slightly when Mirage nudged his hand, trying to calm him down.
[break][break]
Feeling a surge of confidence, he proudly lifted his head and walked towards the schoolyard, with Mirage following behind.
[break][break]
It wasn't difficult to spot the Rangers Booth, and he made his way over to see his partner for the mission already there.
[break][break]
As expected, the other person seemed to be a good bit older, probably to avoid giving the impression that inexperienced rangers were being sent to the school.
[break][break]
"Hello, I hope you haven't been waiting long. Anyway, my name is Absalom, but you can call me Axel if you prefer. Absalom can be a bit of a mouthful," he said, extending his hand towards the older man.
[break][break]
Whether or not the older man shook his hand would be up to him.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + ooc notes

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.blbqimg4]position:relative; --accent:#7d95be; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/ryBLBRTr/IMG-1924.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg4 b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Aurvandil

He/Him
July 11
Castelia City, Unova
Pansexual
Ranger
Cadet
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
43 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michaeldavis
Michael Davis
Career Day [M]
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2024 15:47:15 GMT
Michael Davis Avatar
Michael's head twisted in Absaolom's direction before his body pivoted as well. A big smile was the first thing to greet the fellow Ranger.

"Hello! No, I haven't waited long," the Cadet explained. "Maybe I'm a minute or two early, but that's about it."

Michael soon felt the Butterfrees in his stomach tickling his core with nervous energy. He groaned internally and wished that the stupid emotion would just go away.

Michael held some importance with making a good impression. Especially when younger colleagues were involved. The sliver of anxiety wasn't enough to send Michael's mind into panic mode, thankfully. At least, for now, the man's enthusiasm could drown the residual feeling out. Michael was just happy that the anxiety wasn't an everyday occurrence.

Maintaining a cheerful demeanor, the man eagerly grasped Absalom's extended hand for the handshake.

"Nice to meet you, Axel! I'm Michael. Close friends call me Mike, so maybe you'll get to do that some day!"

The older Ranger Cadet took a moment to admire the Hisuian Zoroark. His eyes shimmered like a kid's in a candy store.

"Well, well! That's an interesting Zoroark if I've ever seen one!" he enthused. "So hey, I actually have a plan on how we can show off what we do as Rangers to the youngsters. I'm thinking we can act out a scene where one of us pretends to be a Poacher. This way we explain what our job is, and we throw in a Pokemon Battle to give that extra flair. If you have ideas, though, I'm all ears!"

[PC: 1]
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

axel
he/him/his
february 3rd
malie city
asexual
trainer
senior ranger
single
5’2” height
5’2” height
awards
240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absalom
absalom steel
Career Day [M]
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2024 22:39:15 GMT
absalom steel Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg4"]

[attr="class","header"]WHAT DOESN’T KILL YOU MAKES YOU STRONGER

[attr="class","setting"]

It was a relief to know that the older male hadn't been waiting long. Perhaps due to the way they had been raised, they hated making people wait. In fact, they were more prone to arriving way too early for that very reason. They figured that if they arrived early, there was no way they could keep the person waiting.
[break][break]
"It's a pleasure to meet you, Michael, and I hope we'll get there one day. One can never have too many friends," he said, allowing his hand to drop back to his side once he had finished shaking the older male's hand.
[break][break]
Mention of Mirage had him glancing briefly at the Hisuian Zoroark before looking back at the older male. "He's a Hisuian Zoroark. He was my first ever Pokémon. I caught him when I was ten as a Zorua. Presumably, he came through the rift where he ended up getting ganged up on by some other Pokémon," he explained absently, reaching out to stroke the spectral fox.
[break][break]
As he mentioned his plan, his expression became thoughtful. "Sounds good too. Poachers are the main thing we deal with when it comes to people," he agreed. Of course, that would probably all be ignored by the students in favor of the battle.
[break][break]
Hopefully, they would obtain something from what they were trying to teach them instead of just the fact that they had just battled.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + ooc notes

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.blbqimg4]position:relative; --accent:#7d95be; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/ryBLBRTr/IMG-1924.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg4 b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights