lilycove city
bisexual
ranger / daycare asst.
cadet / nurse
hide my face
in tongues i taste
5'11" height
5'11" height
never grow a wishbone where your backbone ought to be.
awards
71 posts
PETRA MONROE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noble
PETRA MONROE
AZ EXCURSION B: PETRA & ALEXANDER
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2024 18:09:20 GMT
PETRA MONROE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petra2"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
first impressions were everything, even if you didn't wish to impress. it was weird, seeing as they both came from storied family names. though in contrast, it was only alexander's tale that was great.
[break]
[break]

"...gotta admit, i'm a bit surprised." the gaze shot towards him is still laced with some shock towards it all. not just that alexander was alive, but because he was willing to work with her here - as they prepared for whatever adversity showed it's ugly mug.
[break]
[break]

but maybe she was placing too much imporance in the job. or felt everything was a little too dangerous nowadays, even if petra was in the company of what was once hoenn's champion. she'd only hold him back.
[break]
[break]

"you don't seem to have skipped a beat, all things considered." and for the moment, neither did she. her weezing sets out to administer a SMOKESCREEN, shrouding the area so that there was no way of telling who or how many they were as they got to work.

[break]
[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]EXCURSION 1/5[break]
[break]
[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-weezing"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cloud-moon"]

[newclass=".petra2"]--accent:#d49736; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".petra2 blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".petra2 .icon"]background-image:url(https://images2.imgbox.com/22/43/B3rkkh3F_o.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-60px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:10px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".petra2 blockquote b, .widecard blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .petra2 blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .petra2 blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".petra2 .top"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 60px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 8px 8px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".petra2 .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 340px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 50px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 8px 8px; border: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".petra2 .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".petra2 .bottom b, .petra2 .bottom i"]color:var(--accent); } .petra2 .bottom b { font-size:14px!important } .petra2 .bottom u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline solid; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".petra2 .credit a"]font-size:12px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:100px; bottom:10px; opacity:0.3;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2024 3:55:25 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","alex devoncorp"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"nor you."[break][break]

his reply comes shrouded in a SMOKESCREEN, delivered with the same prose most have come to expect from the former champion. it's a little less composed here, however, in the company of a friend.[break][break]

as his pokemon flutter out to get to work, he strays closer to her, placing more value on having a conversation with her.[break][break]

"were you at my funeral? i heard it was a lovely time."[break][break]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".devoncorp"] --accent:#D49736!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".alex"] --accent: #D49736 } .alex b { background: linear-gradient(to bottom right, #d49736, #d5ad40); -webkit-background-clip: text; -webkit-text-fill-color: transparent; font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .alex { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .alex .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .alex .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .alex .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .alex .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".alex .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 88px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .alex .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .alex .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noble

pokemom / matilda
feminine
thirty
june 7th
lilycove city
bisexual
ranger / daycare asst.
cadet / nurse
hide my face
in tongues i taste
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
71 posts
PETRA MONROE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noble
PETRA MONROE
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2024 7:43:14 GMT
PETRA MONROE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petra2"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
"me? pffft." if only he knew. wait, alex didn't know - did he?
[break]
[break]

"but yeah... i was there." for appearances, despite alex being easier to get along with than some of hoenn's other prominent figures. not much could be done to remove the somber from the moment. not even drinking as much as she had.
[break]
[break]

"didn't stick around for long though." perhaps she should've, but petra felt guilty for having nothing to say - to offer the region or it's people during a difficult time. that kind of thing was best left to dahlia, or uncle ulysses if he were still around.
[break]
[break]

"besides all this, what have you been doing with your second chance?"

[break]
[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]EXCURSION 2/5[break]
[break]

[newclass=".petra2"]--accent:#d49736; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".petra2 blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".petra2 .icon"]background-image:url(https://images2.imgbox.com/22/43/B3rkkh3F_o.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-60px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:10px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".petra2 blockquote b, .widecard blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .petra2 blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .petra2 blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".petra2 .top"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 60px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 8px 8px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".petra2 .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 340px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 50px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 8px 8px; border: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".petra2 .bottom b, .petra2 .bottom i"]color:var(--accent); } .petra2 .bottom b { font-size:14px!important } .petra2 .bottom u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline solid; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".petra2 .credit a"]font-size:12px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:100px; bottom:10px; opacity:0.3;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2024 11:12:46 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

he approaches death differently now; how could he not? the former champion was killed in action, sent to the border where he roamed for what felt like eternities, only to be brought back time and time again, all against his will.[break][break]

his gaze drifts away for a moment, as though contemplating.[break][break]

"i've been asked that so many times now, ha. i can't remember what i said last. nothing good, i imagine."[break][break]

he tilts back at her to ask,[break][break]

"what would you do with a second chance at life?"[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".alex"] --accent: #D49736 } .alex b { background: linear-gradient(to bottom right, #d49736, #d5ad40); -webkit-background-clip: text; -webkit-text-fill-color: transparent; font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .alex { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .alex .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .alex .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .alex .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .alex .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".alex .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 88px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .alex .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .alex .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noble

pokemom / matilda
feminine
thirty
june 7th
lilycove city
bisexual
ranger / daycare asst.
cadet / nurse
hide my face
in tongues i taste
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
71 posts
PETRA MONROE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noble
PETRA MONROE
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2024 15:47:37 GMT
PETRA MONROE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petra2"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
"...yeah, probably not." as if mirroring him, petra also looks away when she ponders the exact question. regarding specifics, there wasn't much in particular that came to mind. "i couldn't really say for myself. something different, that's for sure."
[break]
[break]

placing so much importance on her work. struggling to live up to the name she came from. in the end it was all for nothing, serving only to put her and others in harm's way. "but really, what're you doing nowadays?"
[break]
[break]

poking him with a playful smile, she can't imagine alex sitting around in some office. "obviously you're not enjoying a well-deserved retirement, or you wouldn't be here now." at least, petra didn't think so...

[break]
[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]EXCURSION 3/5[break]
[break]

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2024 3:29:39 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

death had been his retirement and that had been eternally dreadful. he imagines he'd feel similarly now if he stayed retired, free to venture around the devon estate with nothing to do. maybe he'd take up gardening finally.[break][break]

"i've been advising the council and the commissioner, offering them what i can for the betterment of hoenn."[break][break]

he recites his role with poise. not wanting to linger on himself, he shifts it back to her,[break][break]

"and yourself? i hear you've joined the rangers."[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

noble

pokemom / matilda
feminine
thirty
june 7th
lilycove city
bisexual
ranger / daycare asst.
cadet / nurse
hide my face
in tongues i taste
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
71 posts
PETRA MONROE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noble
PETRA MONROE
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2024 20:32:03 GMT
PETRA MONROE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petra2"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
"sounds fancy." maybe even a fancy-grade paycheck to go with it. not that money was likely to be something alex was worried about.
[break]
[break]

"also, you've heard correctly." it was hard work, if she were being honest - but the job wasn't undertaken for enjoyment's sake. "though i refuse to wear that uniform. i'm only a part-timer anyways." save for formal sessions that required a true dress code, she'd only ever worn the cap when 'rangering' out in the wilds.
[break]
[break]

"i much prefer the check-ups with the daycare systems i've been doing. babies and injured pokemon are easier to handle than lively ones." and unlike the man she was speaking to, petra wasn't much of a trainer. battling was just too...difficult.
[break]
[break]

the drill's computer begins beeping in the background... 95% complete...

[break]
[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]EXCURSION 4/5[break]
[break]

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2024 10:02:08 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"and here i was hoping to see you in that uniform. the orange may suit you, petra."[break][break]

he does not fault her, however, as he would also prefer not to wear such a bright uniform no matter how prideful it must be to don and carry the legacy of the rangers, one of the longest-standing trades in the region.[break][break]

"if you could change one thing," about the daycare systems, about the rangers, about hoenn, whatever it is, "what would you change?"[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

noble

pokemom / matilda
feminine
thirty
june 7th
lilycove city
bisexual
ranger / daycare asst.
cadet / nurse
hide my face
in tongues i taste
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
71 posts
PETRA MONROE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noble
PETRA MONROE
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2024 17:49:50 GMT
PETRA MONROE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petra2"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
raising an eyebrow at the comment about what he was hoping to see, petra allows it to go overlooked, choosing instead to devote her attention to the transfer of the drill's datalog to her handheld. at least until alex poses another question, which briefly causes her to cease typing. why does he care what i think?
[break]
[break]

out of all the things she could change, nothing stood out. "...i like to think change starts from within." it wasn't meant to sound like wise words, just a morsel of honesty before she resumed typing. once she did, alex would get something closer to a real answer.
[break]
[break]

"so i guess i would try to convince my younger self to remain on the council." of all the other stations she held, none were as influential or capable of 'change' as that one. it also would've kept her far from rocket's grasp. although she hated thinking this way, perhaps it really was more meaningful that she made these mistakes.
[break]
[break]

letting loose with a heavy sigh, she taps a cigarette from her pack and takes a few drags before signalling her pokemon that it was time to go. "of course, that's assuming i could've made a difference in the first place." as one might expect of those living in today's hoenn, optimism was becoming less and less natural.
[break]
[break]
"maybe i should just wish that none of our heroes died." meaning alex, bailey, stormy, and other prominent figures whose absence made for the league vulnerable.

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]EXCURSION (5/5)[break]
[break]

[newclass=".petra2 .icon"]background-image:url(https://images2.imgbox.com/b8/3b/adbw6PBR_o.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-60px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:10px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2024 4:53:57 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"everyone's capable of making a difference. i believe you would've done well, had you stayed."[break][break]

he sighs.[break][break]

"deaths are important and inevitable. even now, i wouldn't change a thing."[break][break]

though he may sound like a hypocrite, he had not returned by choice, at least not fully; he was dragged out of the depths of the undead time and time again, often enough that the line became muddy and blurred.[break][break]

"you're making a difference now, petra."[break][break]

he offers words and smiles but he knows they mean nothing in the end. what matters is how she'll take them.[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2024 20:31:26 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]EXCURSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: