July 19th
Fortree City
aro/ace
student (private school)
civilian
Single (not looking)
163cm height
163cm height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
182 posts
Knight Naito DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @knight
Knight Naito
[m] home to roost
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2024 14:06:11 GMT
Knight Naito Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","knight"]
[attr="class","text"]

After catching Moiraine, Knight had let her hang around the Dojo freely (which his Uncle had allowed) but today he wanted to spend some time getting to know the Water and Flying type.[break][break]
Only... Well, she wasn't where he had expected to find her. Instead, she was out near the gate that led into the property and squawking angrily. Knight jogged up to his 'mon, confused, "What's ruffled your feathers?" A few more squawks had Kay look around and then he saw it. Up high, squsihed between a post and the sign to let people know the Dojo was here...[break][break]
"Oh no." He had no experience dealing with a disgruntled Manidbuzz but he knew the perfect person to call -- Lot Guard![break][break]
A quick call and half an hour later and Knight was greeting the Ranger, "Thanks for coming so quickly. The, uh, Mandibuzz nest is over here. I just didn't know who else to ask or what to do and Moiraine won't settle while they're there." Knight explained as he walked over to the nest with Loot Guard in tow.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

for the cuckoo in the nest mission![break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.knight]--accent:#c75240;[/newclass]
[newclass=.knight]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".knight b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".knight i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".knight u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".knight a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".knight h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".knight h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".gknight .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:17px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gknight .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".knight .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".knight .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".knight .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
cadet
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
227 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
[m] home to roost
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2024 15:11:10 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
[attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][newclass=".emapokemonteam"]height:40px;width:40px;background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:0 5px;[/newclass]
Lutgarde immediately came flying by as they've heard about the situation from Knight. They've been in the city, gladly, so the flight hasn't been too long, and Sylph quickly navigates towards the trainer with, oh, that's a new one!

"I'm here!" they call out, hopping off their Togekiss that actually stays nearby still. This mission seems like it might require her, so she only stays away the minimum distance she needs not to be uncomfortable.

Sylv greets Knight fondly, and also welcomes the new pokémon at his side. "No worries, we'll figure the situation out - if you want to lend me a hand?" they smile. Of course, Knight's welcome to sit back and just watch them do their ranger work, but they doubt that he'd do that, frankly. "I also see you've got a new companion? Hello there," they greet the Pelipper, hoping that Sylv's soothing aura and charm would help calm her down a bit.

Looking back up at the Mandibuzz, they also ask, "Do you know since when it's here?"

close tab

played by

Bear

Kay
he/him
Seventeen
July 19th
Fortree City
aro/ace
student (private school)
civilian
Single (not looking)
163cm height
163cm height
awards
182 posts
Knight Naito DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @knight
Knight Naito
[m] home to roost
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2024 15:40:14 GMT
Knight Naito Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","knight"]
[attr="class","text"]

Knight remembered that touching Sylv's little ribbons was a no-go so he behaved (again) and kept his hands to himself but he was happy to see Loot Guard and their 'mons, "Sup gang, have you been working hard like always?" He didn't doubt that for a second.[break][break]
"I don't mind helping! If there's something I can do and yeah, this is Moiraine. I caught her not too long ago and thought we could have a bonding day and then--" He gestured at the nest and knew Loot Guard would know the rest. Still, Moiraine seemed a lot happier now Loot Guard was here. Huh. [break][break]
He pat the Pelipper on the head and studied the Mandibuzz nest, "I mentioned it to my Uncle and he says it can't have been here longer than a week or two." Kay didn't normally pay attention to the Dojo sign walking in and out of the property and he hadn't heard anything. Honestly, he wouldn't've known about the nest for another good while, only Moiraine had been with him today.[break][break]
Looking at Loot Guard, he knew the Ranger would be the answer to this delicate problem, "So, how do you think we should tackle this? I don't know if there are any eggs and I'd rather not hurt the 'mon if possible?" [break][break]
Of course they had to be realistic about the situation too and if a fight happened, Knight would jump in to help!

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.knight]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".knight u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".knight h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".knight h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".gknight .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:17px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gknight .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
cadet
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
227 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
[m] home to roost
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2024 19:52:04 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
[attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][newclass=".emapokemonteam"]height:40px;width:40px;background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:0 5px;[/newclass]
Sylv confirms Knight's question with a coo, while Sylph gives him a small nod. "It's nice to meet you, Moiraine! That's quite a good name, if I can say so," Lutgarde laughs, coming from the Kalos region. They then intently listen to Knight's explanation of the situation, and nods occasionally to confirm that they're listening.

"I believe Mandibuzz are not known to stay with their nest all the time - they tend to circle around it, look for weak or weakened prey to attack ... but if it's been sitting in the nest for a while, we might deal with a mother and her eggs, which complicates things." They're a pride pokémonkind, and also not to be underestimated, but still caring for their young. There's gonna be beef if they move the nest against the Mandibuzz' will, so they have to be careful.

"It'll be really hard to distract the Mandibuzz to leave the nest, so we'll have to try and convince it to nest somewhere better. It won't attack unless provoked, so how about we search for a better spot for it to nest at first?" After all, they could hardly move the nest when they don't know where to! And convincing a to-be-mother to wander around the city with them ... hard. Very, very hard.

close tab

played by

Bear

Kay
he/him
Seventeen
July 19th
Fortree City
aro/ace
student (private school)
civilian
Single (not looking)
163cm height
163cm height
awards
182 posts
Knight Naito DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @knight
Knight Naito
[m] home to roost
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2024 21:44:34 GMT
Knight Naito Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","knight"]
[attr="class","text"]

Loot Guard explained a possible solution to the problem and Knight nodded, "Makes sense to me!" He looked up at the Mandibuzz and called out, "Sorry we're evicting you but! We'll make sure you get a new place with a good view!" He waved and finally nodded at Moiraine, "Come on Moiraine, let's follow Loot Guard and see what we can find."[break][break]
So the Dojo property was off limits but Knight new about a nature trail nearby, "It's not as widely used since this is the Lower District and it's not very big either but maybe we can find a suitable tree there?" He suggested with a shrug. Moiraine followed at a relaxed pace next to him and he was glad to see her so happy.[break][break]
Perhaps the news that they could relocate the Mandibuzz nest had put her into a good mood, "I do hope the Mandibuzz won't mind moving."

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
cadet
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
227 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
[m] home to roost
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2024 22:25:11 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
The Mandibuzz doesn't seem to react visibly, but it's a good sign in Lutgarde's book that she isn't super hostile, either. They follow as Knight gets an idea where their search might start, with Sylph also still keeping nearby. She seems to glance back at the Mandibuzz occasionally, but doesn't make any moves towards it.

"I think it sounds like a good place, maybe," Lutgarde agrees, taking a deep breath and frowning. "What do you know about Mandibuzz?" they ask Knight, covering their slow-to-them-coming memory with an attempt at being Educational. It's just, they frankly aren't an often sight in Kalos, so they've rarely ever come across one. But, this is going to be working better than any of their attempts to recall anything of historical worth.

They smile, and it's in fact a bit lopsided. "I hope so, too. There's alternatives of course, that also do not involve battling, but reaching an agreement with pokémon is much better. It'll also help with preventing any backlash from 'solved' problems."

close tab

played by

Bear

Kay
he/him
Seventeen
July 19th
Fortree City
aro/ace
student (private school)
civilian
Single (not looking)
163cm height
163cm height
awards
182 posts
Knight Naito DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @knight
Knight Naito
[m] home to roost
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2024 10:26:53 GMT
Knight Naito Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","knight"]
[attr="class","text"]

Time to see what Kay could remember from the quick read he did earlier on his broken phone, "Um, apparently they're all female? And they like bones. Oh! They'll attack anything they think is weaker than them?" Was about all Knight could provide for the Ranger but hopefully he would pass with flying colours![break][break]
Their walk wasn't too long and Knight gestured to the area he had been thinking about, "What do you think? I don't think there would be any other bird 'mons around here to cause issues but there's plenty of bugs and stuff. I think they eat bugs? Or maybe something else?" A rattata peeked out of a bush and then quickly ran away again.[break][break]
Knight knew this wasn't going to be a quick fix so he was prepared to search for more places if Loot Guard felt they had to keep looking. "I'd rather not fight it, if we can help it. Especially if she has a baby..."

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
cadet
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
227 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
[m] home to roost
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2024 16:53:30 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
Lutgarde smiles, nodding, "Yes, that's correct. I wonder sometimes if there's ever been male Mandibuzz around ... but regardless, they also favour dry and warm climates, generally speaking. We might also fare well with something that is similiar to the Dojo weather, but ... not in a powerline," they add with a smirk.

The area that Knight has pointed out does generally look like it might work, but Lutgarde looks thoughtful. "A quiet area would be good, but it could become a problem if it's too quiet ... she'll need to have enough prey to feed her young, so we might wanna see if we find other options, too," they suggest. Thinking about the food chain isn't really pleasant, but they've got to keep to it if they want to move the Mandibuzz.

"Also, I wonder if we might convince her with a particularly nice bone? We'd just have to find one." Which would be, probably, the bigger problem. They slightly throw their head back, thinking. "What kind of bones did she use in her nest ..."

close tab

played by

Bear

Kay
he/him
Seventeen
July 19th
Fortree City
aro/ace
student (private school)
civilian
Single (not looking)
163cm height
163cm height
awards
182 posts
Knight Naito DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @knight
Knight Naito
[m] home to roost
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2024 19:18:21 GMT
Knight Naito Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","knight"]
[attr="class","text"]

"Must be a weird, Pokémon Biology thingie?" Knight supplied, ever helpful. Not that he paid a lot of attention during his own Biology lessons. They could be difficult at times and he would zone out. Lucky for him, Thea and Cass took good notes so he didn't fall too far behind.[break][break]
Kay agreed that the current location, aside from being unfortunate for the Dojo, wasn't ideal for the 'mon either, "Hmm... Somewhere dry... Would near the Outskirts work better then?" He mused as he looked around. Here was more leafy and probably saw its fair share of wetness judging by how healthy the plants were.[break][break]
He smiled, "Boney bones!" Because he hadn't looked close enough to see more detail than that. But if the Mandibuzz had a favoured prey, it made sense to move her closer to something she'd want to eat. Around here there were small rodents and bugs but maybe that wasn't her cup of, um, bones? "Let's try another spot then?" He grinned, unfazed that their first location hadn't worked out.[break][break]
Nothing was ever that simple!

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
cadet
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
227 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
[m] home to roost
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2024 21:01:16 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
Lutgarde nods, doing their best not to look out of their depths as well in front of the student. This would be a different deal if Kalos would feature many of those, since they know Kalosian pokémon like the back of their hand and each strand of their overly long hair, but ... they've really been local so far, and also don't learn too well with books alone. "It would make sense," they agree, but luckily could also move onto other topics that don't deal with remnants of pokémon behaviour from, possibly, a different time.

"Let's try the Outskirts then," they agree, leaving it up for Knight to lead the way - they have a vague feeling for where things are, but they're far from someone who's lived here for years. "I think there might also be more prey around - possible also more rivals, but Mandibuzz are feisty ones. I think she'll manage."

They laugh at Knight's answer to their bone question, grinning. "Those were really some boney bones. If I recall, their favourite prey might be Cubone ..." they ponder while they're walking.

ooc. belated but btw my source for warm/dry is pokewiki (german bulbapedia) o7 i have the power of german on my side :joy:
close tab

played by

Bear

Kay
he/him
Seventeen
July 19th
Fortree City
aro/ace
student (private school)
civilian
Single (not looking)
163cm height
163cm height
awards
182 posts
Knight Naito DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @knight
Knight Naito
[m] home to roost
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2024 23:13:26 GMT
Knight Naito Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","knight"]
[attr="class","text"]

At Loot Guard's prompt, Knight started to head off in the opposite direction. He followed a path that would help them bypass a lot of the inter-city stuff but if his ranger companion saw anything they wanted to stop at, he'd happily oblige.[break][break]
Moiraine was content too. Floating along at a relaxed pace, she seemed to be enjoying seeing more of Slateport beyond the Dojo and the property grounds. Knight hadn't had a chance to bring her out on an adventure before![break][break]
"She seems quite capable and oh? Cubone huh?" Knight hadn't thought about it but now that Loot Guard had mentioned it, there was a weirdly skull shaped bone in that nest, wasn't there? But he didn't say much else as they walked along, eager to get to the Outskirts to see if anything there would be suitable.[break][break]
It wasn't often he'd wander into this area of the city and he was very glad to have a ranger by his side, "What do you think? A know a lot of it is abandoned buildings but..." Maybe if they looked around, they'd see a good spot.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
cadet
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
227 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
[m] home to roost
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2024 9:22:32 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
[attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][newclass=".emapokemonteam"]height:40px;width:40px;background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:0 5px;[/newclass]
Lutgarde follows along, their eyes carefully scanning the environment, too, but it might be better if they fully move to the Outskirts. They're also happy to see the Pelipper having calmed down, and slightly lean down to say to her, "If you spot anything good, let us know, too, yeah?"

Sylph, having sensed that she won't be immediately needed, takes off, and vaguely might invite the Pelipper to join her if she wanted. Sylv continues to trudge along Lutgarde's side, keeping an eye on his eye level (which is fairly low). He doesn't like looking for weak pokémon gatherings, but he does if he must.

"Yeah. They are easy prey with, well, good bones. Of course, you can't underestimate them either," they add, and look around. "Hmm, let's see ... I think an abandoned building with an open side might be well. Now." Lutgarde looks, but then whistles to recall Sylph. "Let's go higher up, and I can tell you how to figure out where the weather comes from if you don't know yet - or, you tell me," they grin.

ooc. pretend that's been the team the whole time ... lol
close tab

played by

Bear

Kay
he/him
Seventeen
July 19th
Fortree City
aro/ace
student (private school)
civilian
Single (not looking)
163cm height
163cm height
awards
182 posts
Knight Naito DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @knight
Knight Naito
[m] home to roost
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2024 12:08:27 GMT
Knight Naito Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","knight"]
[attr="class","text"]

Knight tried to pay attention like Loot Guard seemed to do, scanning the area around them for anything that would potentially work for the Mandibuzz nest. He smiled as Pelipper was invited to investigate with Sylph. He nodded when the Pelipper looked to him for approval and Moiraine happily joined her new friend.[break][break]
"Oh, that sounds good! And yeah... This might just do the trick..." Knight said as he looked around with intense purpose. He could visualise the nest safely tucked up in the abandoned warehouse away from other Pokémon but how the Mandibuzz would be able to take advantage of the numerous other Pokémon in the area. Hey, circle of life![break][break]
Thinking of something else, Kay grinned, "You know, moving Mandibuzz here might also help with the overpopulation of wild Pokémon if she's able to hunt them down?" Moiraine came back with Sylph and, being on the slightly larger size, Knight was able to climb onto her back. It was, however, his first time doing this but he tried to hide any fear he had about falling.[break][break]
Surely Moiraine wouldn't let him fall...?

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
cadet
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
227 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
[m] home to roost
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2024 22:24:06 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
[attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][newclass=".emapokemonteam"]height:40px;width:40px;background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:0 5px;[/newclass]
Lutgarde nods, seeing how there're quite some pokémon skittering about. "I might need to see into looking into the situation here, too, with some other rangers," they murmur, almost more to themself, and then smile. They don't immediately see Knight's concerns, but Sylv draws their attention to that, and they slowly figure it out. "Will it be alright?" they ask, at the same moment as Sylv also reaches out with one ribbon.

"If you want, you can have Sylv as, hmm, sort of mediator pokémon? between Moiraine and you." This would mean that he'd part with Lutgarde for a moment, but they'd survive. Probably. But either way, they'd wait until Knight's settled and comfortable, before they'd start the ascent.

They fly to hover above some rooftops, so a "potential fall" (they'd never allow that to happen) would be relatively short, but they'd need to stay above to have the best view, still. "How's it feeling?"

close tab

played by

Bear

Kay
he/him
Seventeen
July 19th
Fortree City
aro/ace
student (private school)
civilian
Single (not looking)
163cm height
163cm height
awards
182 posts
Knight Naito DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @knight
Knight Naito
[m] home to roost
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2024 23:18:25 GMT
Knight Naito Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","knight"]
[attr="class","text"]

It was so cool when Loot Guard talked about important Ranger stuff! It made Knight feel like he was helpful, since they didn't mind talking about it with him around. [break][break]
Knight also appreciated their concern about him flying -- they noticed it was possibly his first time? Knight got himself comfortable on Moiraine and shook his head, "It's f-fine! I got this!" He just had to be more confident. Hadn't he managed the aquatic ride with Josh's Dewgong? This was sort-of similar...[break][break]
He rose into the air, a bit slower than Loot Guard and definitely not as high as them but Knight grinned, "This is kinda neat! Thanks Moiraine, you're doing great!" For once, Knight's small size was working in his favour. He looked around but nothing immediately stuck out to him... So he hoped Loot Guard could see something.[break][break]
The Ranger probably had special training to spot things like this!

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights