She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
852 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
AURUM BADGE: VS ROBIN #1 [GYM]
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2024 23:26:37 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

She moves closer, feeling a bit like a kid pulled from timeout, even if she isn't in trouble for losing. What did she think?

"I didn't have moves to suit a strategy against your Revaroom. Snorlax is largely a heavy-hitter who can do mass damage to large groups or small groups." Indeed, brute force didn't carry her this time. But she was also used to double battles. "I am used to Snorlax fighting on-field with a supportive pokemon who can fix his mobility with ally switch and who can boost his stats. Solo, I don't think I could adapt for his shortcomings."

She felt terrible about it, like she led Snorlax to slaughter, even though they trusted each other too much to believe the other capable of intentionally hurting them.

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Officer / Gym Leader / INTERPOL
Lieutenant Officer
Feels like
I've known you for a lifetime.
119 kg (262 lbs) / 196 cm (6' 5") height
Was doing swords and shields before it was cool.
awards
1,485 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2024 22:28:20 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

VS ROBIN #1

AURUM BADGE, FT.

Gwyar tilted his head.

"Is that right?" Gwyar asked, before raising a hand. "From my point of view, you had all the tools you needed. It was not Snorlax's moveset or shortcomings that you did you two in— it was impatience."

He could think of a few other things too, but nevermind that.

"At the beginning of the battle, Revavroom used Magnet Rise." He said. "In that moment, you gave up on using Earthquake at all, and it wasn't until I coaxed you that you utilized it for a purpose beyond a direct offensive."

She had re-structured the field with it.

Gwyar folded his arms behind his back.

"As you saw, Earthquake can be utilized in a myriad of ways. Just as you used it to change the battlefield— it could've been used to create barriers and protect Snorlax— or to further slow and entrap Revavroom."

After all, eventually— Magnet rise had to end— as it had. Though by then, Snorlax had been too injured.

"I cannot say with absolute certainty how things would've gone, but I do believe if you had taken a more patient, defensive approach, given your Snorlax's attributes, your chances of victory would've been considerable."

TL;DR:
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
852 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2024 23:04:35 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Her face grew warm as he countered with his perspective. True, she had written off earthquake because it wouldn't land a direct hit nor immobilize Revaroom. He was right about abandoning the strategy. Maybe it would have slowed down the Revroom enough to even the uneven playing field. But he had such mobility and several abilities to alter stats, and she didn't have either of those.

"I planned to win..." she said softly. "Snorlax hits hard and takes hits like nobody else. My plan was to hit hard, but the movement on your Revroom was difficult to work around." She didn't have moves designed for strategy like trick room. Snorlax was straight forward. She was, too.

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Officer / Gym Leader / INTERPOL
Lieutenant Officer
Feels like
I've known you for a lifetime.
Was doing swords and shields before it was cool.
awards
1,485 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2024 23:00:26 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

VS ROBIN #1

AURUM BADGE, FT.

Gwyar nodded.

"I believe you did, but that is something you'll have to work towards." He said simply. "Our job as Pokemon Trainers does not end once our pokemon are on the battlefield. Your pokemon are relying on you as a strategist and tactician, not just a trainer and caregiver; it is up to you to adapt to unfavorable circumstances and help your pokemon achieve unlikely victories."

He patted the young ranger's shoulder.

"Do not misunderstand me—" He said. "It is not easy. But neither is the Gym Challenge, nor the path to the Championship."

Folding his arms behind his back, he nodded.

"If you are not sure where to start— feel free to join us at the seminars." He said, smiling. "Hands on experience is the best teacher."

Right after himself, of course.

TL;DR:

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
852 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2024 23:11:19 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

She needed to take off her friend hat and put on her tactician hat. She had witnessed a lot of excellent fighters, but she had not taken notes. "Okay," she said after processing everything, "I think I could get some use out of that seminar." His words weren't overly-encouraging. It was kind of nice. He wasn't dealing with her with kid gloves on. At least, not totally on. He was treating her like a trainer that could be a peer.

Champion wasn't the goal, but being better than she was before was everything to her. "See you then," she said as a farewell, holding the pokeball of Snorlax tight.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,631 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2024 3:47:27 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]GYM CHALLENGE COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
(LOSS)
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB