July 19th
Fortree City
aro/ace
student (private school)
civilian
Single (not looking)
163cm height
163cm height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
181 posts
Knight Naito DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @knight
Knight Naito
[m] berry fantastic
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2024 21:59:14 GMT
Knight Naito Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","knight"]
[attr="class","text"]

It had taken a bit of convincing but finally Cass had agreed to come along to the school to take care of the berry garden with Knight. It was his turn on the schedule but having a friend along would make it more fun! "We just have to make sure the plants are okay, water any if they need it and make sure no Pokémon have sneaked in for a snack or two." Along with Knight he had his Cottonee, Lettle, since he thought she would be a good help if some berry plants were looking a bit rough.[break][break]
A security guard greeted them at the front gate of the school and they were allowed inside after showing their student IDs, with Kay making a bee-line for the gardens. There were some sports clubs meeting that day too, using the various fields and tracks and pitches for whatever they needed, "Did you ever think about joining a sport?" Knight knew (or assumed) Cass was more academically inclined but he couldn't imagine she'd be bad at a sport if she wanted to try.[break][break]
Upon seeing the berry garden, Lettle let out a soft, almost lost on the breeze chirp and floated faster.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

for the berry patch kids mission![break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.knight]--accent:#c75240;[/newclass]
[newclass=.knight]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".knight b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".knight i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".knight u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".knight a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".knight h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".knight h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".gknight .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:17px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gknight .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".knight .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".knight .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".knight .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

ema

cass, cassie
she/her
seventeen
november 7th
petalburg city, hoenn
grey-aroace
student (private school)
civilian
single
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cass
Cassandra Kubrick
[m] berry fantastic
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2024 21:49:35 GMT
Cassandra Kubrick Avatar
[attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][newclass=".emapokemonteam"]height:40px;width:40px;background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:0 5px;[/newclass]
Removing Peter, her Flapple, from the garden to help out in another one is out of question. While Cass enjoys the work technically, and it's overall not too bad, she is in fear of what she's created. Which means, she has no idea if the berry trees would survive the plethora of weeds if they didn't have whatever encouragement Peter's presence seems to give them. It should be fine, but she knows she should weed. So the nutrients in the ground wouldn't be so divided.

Now. If taking Umlaut with her just because he's the other grass pokémon she has, now, if that's a good idea is written in entirely different stars, or even cosmos.

"You've grown quite to become the gardener, huh?" she grins at Knight's words, having finally indulged him and saying yes to tagging along. The hand of her that isn't carrying Jon is reaching out towards the Cottonee, if she'd allow Cass to pet her. If not, she hopes Martin, who floats with the other Fairy, would settle on her hand in consolation.

"No," is Cass' straightforward answer. She isn't terrible in it, but has always been more of an academic person, and ... especially now, she doesn't have the time. She looks over to the sports fields for a brief moment, then quickly looks away. "How about you? Anything piqued your interest?" She unconsciously speeds up, too, as she sees Lettle speed up.

close tab

played by

Bear

Kay
he/him
Seventeen
July 19th
Fortree City
aro/ace
student (private school)
civilian
Single (not looking)
163cm height
163cm height
awards
181 posts
Knight Naito DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @knight
Knight Naito
[m] berry fantastic
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2024 23:25:15 GMT
Knight Naito Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","knight"]
[attr="class","text"]

Seeing Cass hold out her hand, Lettle floated and landed on it for a few moments before ducking under and letting the girl pet her soft, wooly exterior. Lettle wasn't too proud to let others enjoy how lovely she was![break][break]
"Eh... I can't really picture me playing any sports... Maybe Pokémon Racing? But I'm busy with other things right now!" He commented with a laugh, watching as Lettle got some pets from Cass before she hurried off into the berry garden.[break][break]
Knight's steps slowed as he looked at the garden, "Oh no... Looks like some bugs got in here during the night." There were some bite marks in leaves and a few half-eaten berries. He frowned when he noticed some of the culprits were asleep under some of the bushier trees, "Guess we got to take care of this."[break][break]
He unlocked the gate and held it open for Cass and then followed her into the garden. Knight nodded at Lettle, "Use Grass Whistle to make sure those bugs stay asleep. Then it'll be easier to remove them." He nodded at Cass, "Do you mind picking up the half-eaten berries? If any of them are still good, feel free to let your 'mons have them."

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.knight]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".knight u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".knight h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".knight h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".gknight .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:17px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gknight .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

ema

cass, cassie
she/her
seventeen
november 7th
petalburg city, hoenn
grey-aroace
student (private school)
civilian
single
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cass
Cassandra Kubrick
[m] berry fantastic
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2024 17:57:42 GMT
Cassandra Kubrick Avatar
[attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][newclass=".emapokemonteam"]height:40px;width:40px;background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:0 5px;[/newclass]
Cass cooes happily as Lettle settles on top of her hand for a moment, before flying underneath it so she could pet her. She's absolutely delighted by the little fluffball. "Aren't you a cute one, hmm?" she smiles.

Well, seems like today shouldn't be too bad then.

She wistfully lets her go first into the berry garden, before following with Knight. "Yeah, Pokémon Racing sounds like a thing you'd do," she grins, "Got any racers in your team?" She thinks back to Effie - in her due time, the Fletchinder will be a Talonflame, and likely big enough to carry Cass ...

As they're surveying the state of the garden, it seems like some invaders still are here ... She looks at her balls, and then takes out Umlaut's. "Umlaut buddy, help Lettle. But don't play pranks on her, okay?" However, Umlaut seems pretty docile around the Cottonee. It actually reminds her of when he's around Peter ... maybe he's fond of his kin?

"On it! Here, Martin can help you out, too, with whatever you need. Jon's going on berry duty with me." Of course, she'd never intend to let anything go into nothingness - just to waste. She's quickly find a stool to sit on while looking through the berries on the ground, first picking up the ones that might be edible still for the other pokémon, then letting Jon have the rest. And a few more.

It's really a miracle he still looks like a half-empty bag with all of her spoiling.

close tab

played by

Bear

Kay
he/him
Seventeen
July 19th
Fortree City
aro/ace
student (private school)
civilian
Single (not looking)
163cm height
163cm height
awards
181 posts
Knight Naito DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @knight
Knight Naito
[m] berry fantastic
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2024 23:10:57 GMT
Knight Naito Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","knight"]
[attr="class","text"]

"No, I don't think any of my current 'mons are suited for racing... Maybe Pal once he evolves? But I think he is built more for power rather than speed." Knight scratches his head, maybe he needed to catch some racing 'mons. Or, at the very least, he needed to work on getting some ride Pokémon lined up.[break][break]
Knight was beginning to learn something new about Lettle's personality -- she liked being fawned over and getting compliments. The Cottonee did a twirl of delight as Cass mentioned how cute she was before she got down to the serious business of using her Grass Whistle to ensure the bug 'mons stayed asleep.[break][break]
She didn't mind the help from Cass' 'mon either, letting out a soft trill of greeting before she focused on her own work.[break][break]
Walking up and down the rows, Knight was able to pick out each intruder and set them off to the side. He'd get Cass' help with carrying them into the woods nearby soon. Looking over, he was glad to see Cass enjoyed her task -- ora the very least, didn't mind helping him out like this.[break][break]
After about fifteen minutes, Kay was positive he had extracted every bug that had decided to part-take in the midnight feast, "How are you getting on with the berry check?" He called over to Cass.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

ema

cass, cassie
she/her
seventeen
november 7th
petalburg city, hoenn
grey-aroace
student (private school)
civilian
single
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cass
Cassandra Kubrick
[m] berry fantastic
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2024 21:23:41 GMT
Cassandra Kubrick Avatar
"Definitely keep me updated when you do," Cass grins - there's not really a moment of doubt that Knight wouldn't befriend a racer eventually. It just isn't possible. "Maybe me and Effie can race you for practice ... whenever she becomes a Talonflame." While she's larger than as Fletchling now, she's nowhere near tall enough to carry Cass.

Cass would happily give Lettle more compliments and scratches, but their time has to be cut short eventually as work comes up. She gives a warning look at Umlaut, but it really turns out like it's needed. While he doesn't talk to the Cottonee, he also doesn't really make any attempts to scare her or anything. It's like, for once, Umlaut's actually just vibing. Interesting.

"I think this should be all," Cass murmurs, just in time as Knight comes to check on her as well. "Here's some good ones still! These are a bit more questionable, but Jon took care of the really bad-looking ones." Jon makes a little rustle-burping noise, and raises one arm as if giving a thumbs-up, just, well, without thumbs. She pats him fondly, before turning to Knight. "How's it looking at your end? I see there's the bug pokémon?"

Umlaut slightly looms over them, sprinkling Spores over them still. "Hey, Umlaut, I don't think they can get any more asleep."

close tab

played by

Bear

Kay
he/him
Seventeen
July 19th
Fortree City
aro/ace
student (private school)
civilian
Single (not looking)
163cm height
163cm height
awards
181 posts
Knight Naito DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @knight
Knight Naito
[m] berry fantastic
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2024 23:46:42 GMT
Knight Naito Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","knight"]
[attr="class","text"]

Lettle let out soft, whispering chirps at Umlaut's antics with the spores, seeming to find amusement with what he did and approving in her own way. She floated around the Toadscruel and then landed on top for a second. A friendly boop.[break][break]
"Yeah, I got them all gathered, but I'll need your help to move them over to the woods back there." It wouldn't be too far, probably a five or ten-minute walk there and back. Knight hoped it was far enough to deter them from coming back any time soon.[break][break]
He crouched to check on Jon, "Did you get some tasty snacks too?" He grinned at Cass' Trubbish. He found the little 'mon to be endearing, "I'm glad you could save some of the berries. We'll take them to the Canteen when we're done here." This he directed at Cass as he raised his gaze to her.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

ema

cass, cassie
she/her
seventeen
november 7th
petalburg city, hoenn
grey-aroace
student (private school)
civilian
single
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cass
Cassandra Kubrick
[m] berry fantastic
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2024 20:58:36 GMT
Cassandra Kubrick Avatar
Umlaut becomes very still as Lettle floats atop of him, giving him a little boop. His general spores are spreading, enhanced even more by his status attacks, so he doesn't need to actually see to locate her. He lets her, but doesn't respond anything to her chirps. He does notice, however, that his spores almost turn visible now on the targets' bodies, so maybe he should stop.

"Alright, let's do it." Cass rolls up her sleeves, revealing her noodle arms, but hey, she could lift a pokémon at least. Otherwise, she might be in trouble ... "Maybe I should really work out more," she murmurs.

She smiles fondly at Knight's words to the Trubbish, to which Jon responds with a little bit of pride. He pats the front of his bag with one arm, as if saying I got it! "Really, he's so good. Really hate those that sneeze at poison types ... without them, our planet'd be a real dumpster. Like." She shakes her head, and then nods at Knight's gameplan to bring them to the canteen later. "I'll put them here for now, in the shade, and we can get those bugs moving. Oh, Umlaut ... we're not gonna fall asleep when we stir those spores, are we?"

She looks at her pokémon a bit critically, and is met with his unwavering, unfathomable gaze. "Good. I trust you, you know?"

close tab

played by

Bear

Kay
he/him
Seventeen
July 19th
Fortree City
aro/ace
student (private school)
civilian
Single (not looking)
163cm height
163cm height
awards
181 posts
Knight Naito DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @knight
Knight Naito
[m] berry fantastic
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2024 9:09:58 GMT
Knight Naito Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","knight"]
[attr="class","text"]

Knight flexed his equally noodle-y arms and grinned at Cass, "We got this." [break][break]
He took out two berries of his own, offering one to Lettle and one to Umlaut as a thank-you for helping out. Once he had done that, Knight led Cass over to the sleeping 'mons, "At least they're tiny." As if that helped with how many there were to carry. [break][break]
Picking out a few of the smallest bugs, Knight offered them to Cass to carry, "Think you can manage these?" He wasn't trying to be rude but to make sure he wasn't giving her too much to carry.[break][break]
The Bugs leftover were picked up by Knight and he hugged them to his chest. Each of them slept soundly (honk shoo and honk mimimi) which Knight gave both Lettle and Umlaut a grateful smile.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

ema

cass, cassie
she/her
seventeen
november 7th
petalburg city, hoenn
grey-aroace
student (private school)
civilian
single
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cass
Cassandra Kubrick
[m] berry fantastic
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2024 19:32:13 GMT
Cassandra Kubrick Avatar
Cass can't help but burst into laughter at Knight's flex of his equally noodle-ey arms, chuckling and laughing. As she calms down a bit, she grins, "We can do this without Thea, yes!" Thea's undeniably the strongest of the trio, ignoring pokémon.

... but, even with that confident statement, Cass is relieved to hear that it's only small bugs. She really isn't sure if they could move a Heracross, and like. None of their 'mons today would be of much help, with being lightweight floaters, sentient trash in a bag and. The Incarnation of Noodle Arms.

She appreciates Knight picking out particularly small ones for her, even if she also feels vaguely embarrassed ... fact is, she also isn't that keen on hard work, so if he offers ... "Yes, think I should be able to," she says, giving a dramatic display of flexing her non-existing muscle mass before starting to carry them away. "If you want a hand with the others, too, let me know, 'kay?" she asks, grinning slightly as she double-meanings his nickname.

Umlaut seemed to be quite pleased with himself as the bugs are, indeed, fast asleep. And also, the spores didn't go and make Cass nor Knight sleepy, either, much to Cass' relief. She gently puts the bugs into the nearby forest area, then looks at Knight. "Alright, do we fix up the garden first or take the berries away?"

close tab

played by

Bear

Kay
he/him
Seventeen
July 19th
Fortree City
aro/ace
student (private school)
civilian
Single (not looking)
163cm height
163cm height
awards
181 posts
Knight Naito DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @knight
Knight Naito
[m] berry fantastic
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2024 19:49:25 GMT
Knight Naito Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","knight"]
[attr="class","text"]

"Thea would have been so helpful! I bet she could carry all of these bugs by herself." He laughed as they dropped the little Pokémon off under a shady tree to nap the day away. "Umlaut is a pretty cool Pokémon, where did you get him?" Hopefully Cass would share the catching story (if there was one).[break][break]
Regardless, Cass always had fun Pokémon.[break][break]
"We should probably take the berries away so they don't tempt other Pokémon and then we can fix up the garden." Knight suggested as they headed back towards the garden together. He picked up a basket near the entrance and went over to see the berries his friend had saved, "You did a great job too." He complimented Jon as he crouched to add the good berries to the basket.[break][break]
He stood and nodded to Cass, "To the Canteen! Lettle, can you stay here and keep an eye on things while we are gone?" The Cottonee was more than happy to be on guard duty as she floated lazily around the berry trees.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

ema

cass, cassie
she/her
seventeen
november 7th
petalburg city, hoenn
grey-aroace
student (private school)
civilian
single
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cass
Cassandra Kubrick
[m] berry fantastic
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2024 18:38:14 GMT
Cassandra Kubrick Avatar
(Eira = Cufant)

Cass nods in agreement - it really doesn't seem like a stretch that Thea could do that, if they'd stack the bugs one over another. "Truly ... she's really strong," she smiles fondly. She adjusts her hold on one of the bugs as Knight asks about Umlaut, and she looks over her houlder back at the Toedscruel, pensive. "Kinda funny store, I suppose ... I went to Shoal Cave to find an Ice pokémon, and instead met that guy there. He was frozen to the ground, and me and Eira managed to get him unstuck ... he'd almost jump away to make an escape, but I managed to throw the pokéball fast enough, and well. It seems like he didn't hate me," she laughs, a faint smile on her face. "I thought he's really cool, but he's kinda not, honestly," she adds, with a quieter, conspiratory voice before laughing again. "Eira and him actually are the two 'mons I found while trying to find an Ice pokémon ..."

Once they've finished that, it would be time to get the berries back to the canteen, and fix up the garden! "Sounds good," she grins, "Hey, do you think maybe we can also get a snack before we start the last part of our work?" While she may not look like it, she's always down for a snack or several, and food in general.

Jon rustles happily at the compliment, glad to have been of use as he retreats to a shadier area of the garden. Martin floats nearby, providing him with some company while Umlaut's doing his intense-stare-hovering again. "Umlaut, you're gonna stay here too, ... no, actually, come with us. You should and shouldn't jump people that just come by." The Toedscruel looks at her for the longest moment, before caving in. "Awesome." He trots behind the duo - then next to the duo, so Cass could keep a better eye on him - as they walk over to the canteen with the rescued berries.

During break, there's not much going on - however, it's also not the summer break, so there were some people preparing for the new school year, fixing things and restocking whatever can be stocked up already.

close tab

played by

Bear

Kay
he/him
Seventeen
July 19th
Fortree City
aro/ace
student (private school)
civilian
Single (not looking)
163cm height
163cm height
awards
181 posts
Knight Naito DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @knight
Knight Naito
[m] berry fantastic
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2024 8:56:38 GMT
Knight Naito Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","knight"]
[attr="class","text"]

Knight chuckled, "Fishing up a Skunktank and then finding a Toedscruel when you wanted an ice Pokémon? Your luck is funny~" Knight grinned at his friend, knowing that she wouldn't mind such a small tease.[break][break]

He thought about it for a second and then shrugged, "If you want to go looking for ice types again, I don't mind tagging along?" Only if she wanted him there. Sometimes it was nice to explore alone and see what Pokémon were around. Kay had done that a few times himself but he found it more fun to find Pokémon with someone else.[break][break]

"Maybe a little ice-cream Pokémon?" He suggested, as she also mentioned she had found her Cufant while looking for an ice-type. It seemed Cass was a bit like him and couldn't resist catching a bunch of Pokémon...[break][break]

A snack sounded good though and Knight nodded, "We can check with the canteen if they have anything we can eat!" The workers were normally nice like that, but Knight had some money with him too, just in case they would have to pay.[break][break]

"Isn't the school kind of weird when it's empty?" He whispered as they walked through the corridors towards the canteen. There were some echoing voices or footsteps but they didn't come across anyone until they opened the door to the canteen. A few cooks were working during the break to supply food options for the clubs that had meetings.[break][break]

"Berry delivery!" Knight announced and one of the cooks looked over, "Oh just on time. Thank you dears, set them over here." Knight glanced where she had gestured and nodded, leading the way over. Something smelled so good and his stomach started to rumble...

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

ema

cass, cassie
she/her
seventeen
november 7th
petalburg city, hoenn
grey-aroace
student (private school)
civilian
single
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cass
Cassandra Kubrick
[m] berry fantastic
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2024 20:47:22 GMT
Cassandra Kubrick Avatar
(Eira = Cufant)
(Thalia = Weavile)

"Funny doesn't even start to cover it," Cass replies with a feigned gloomy expression, before laughing and grinning. "I actually had to use Ice incense to finally find an Ice pokémon ... and then caught someone who has some history with Eira, actually." She thinks back on Thalia ... these two still need to talk it out properly, but for now, they do seem to cautiously get along ... until the problem start up again.

"I'll take you up on it," she grins. She's always been alone when catching pokémon but hey, maybe having company wouldn't be quite as bad either? "That would be very cute! I generally don't mind any pokémon, almost, so ... I'm happy with anything." It's true, her growing collection is proof of that - and also the fact that she really never looks long for a pokémon before she's already having a ball in her hand.

The prospect of food definitely makes the steps to the canteen easier, but there truly is a little bit of haunting to the vibes of an empty school. "Yeah ... I mean, it sometimes is similiar after-school, but ... that degree is kind of strange." Seeing it all in quiet just doesn't really feel right, and also a more melancholic, nostalgic feelings creeps up on her, even if she wouldn't leave that soon.

The canteen gladly is enough to shake off all these feelings, and they made the delivery without problems. "What are you cooking?" Cass asks sweetly as she puts her basket down.

The cook's definitely onto her, but they don't seem to mind. "We've got some stew in the pot and some piroschki in the oven. You're the ones doing the gardening right now, right? You look like you could use a snack or two."

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights