twenty-six
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
284 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
ULTRA PLANT: JA #4
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2024 21:39:48 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
šŸ—ŗļø 20 encounter and survive an electrical storm, a far more dangerous version of a lightning storm that involves even more electricity.

šŸ—ŗļø 27 involve a regieleki that has somehow found a way to dynamax due to a power spot (or something analogous to that).

šŸ—ŗļø 35 allow a stakataka or xurkitree that you own to guide you safely through the realm, or have them encounter previous members of their kind that believe it to have betrayed them.

šŸ—ŗļø 36 discover an ELECTRIUM Z-CRYSTAL in the wake of a particularly powerful lightning storm. the crystal will become that becomes permanently defunct after some time.

It'd been a hot minute, since they've both been there. Or in general, now that June thought about it. Ever since... THAT, they hadn't been around for too long. June had her priorities and work, Annalise had hers. Factional conflicts did not wait for them to lick their wounds, and it really did hurt to walk around with a gunshot wound. At least the painkillers were really good.

Maybe she should've stolen some from the medics. Make life bearable here, in the strange alien landscape. A tarp now hung in front of the massive hole, and the start of a small construction set up had been put in front of it as well. Brick, mortar, scaffold, the whole nine yards. At least they'd done that much to start another base in this hellhole.

But she couldn't do much, with the aches and pains and the medical person being all 'no strenuous activity for at least a few weeks, or your stiches will get torn up'. Idiot. Whatever. Just meant she had more time to plan and strategize. As such, she'd brought a folding chair into the wilds. The kind with a side table to hold a water bottle and a couple books on PokƩmon battling.

Trick room was a really fucked up thing, huh? Maybe it could be useful. "Hey, Annalise, you think we could catch a Regieleki inside a Trick Room? That might help with the speed problem. But it's really fucking big, though..."

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,105 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2024 23:11:04 GMT
annalise henderson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mango annal"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
annalise had failed. the stiffness that still grips her by the shoulder is a testament to that. seeing again fills her with shame and displaced anger, yet she can't find it in herself to let her go into ultra plant alone or to assign someone else to babysit her. [break][break]her cheek hollows as june speaks, pulling the flesh between her molars. her unsmiling expression is directed toward some apparently-interesting corner of their makeshift camp. absorbed in her own thoughts, it takes her several extra beats to process the other woman's theory and come up with a response. [break][break] "it doesn't matter if you use trick room," she says flatly. "regieleki is still too strong."
[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".annal"] --accent:#FFB546!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango i { color: var(--accent); font-style: italic; 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango u { color: var(--accent); font: 12px/12px 'Poppins'; text-decoration: underline dotted; }.mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 60px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-six
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
awards
284 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2024 2:54:12 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
Well. That was comedically unhelpful. June sighed, ā€œIt does matter, though. If it flips the speed game, then we can be proactive in dealing with it.ā€

Was Annalise upset aboutā€¦ That? In the Giant Chasm? Or was it about her old boyfriend? June had those moments, with her own thing. Every once in a while the memory or pain of it was a little stronger than normal, and it sapped the life out of her bones like a Xurkitree (stupid name, honestly) the electricity of a power plant. Entirely understandable.

Or was it a third, more mysterious thing? Regardless, might be best to leave her alone about it.

ā€œIā€™ll write it down as a ā€˜maybeā€™ and we can figure it out along the way,ā€ June put a question mark next to the move in her notebook. ā€œMy gutā€™s telling me itā€™s at least worth a shot.ā€

She stretched her arms and leaned back. That way, she could take a peek outside, past the dusty blue tarp. In the distance, she saw the start of a strong storm. Lighting rained down like, well, rain. A distant Power Plant, roughly the size of her thumb, withstood the cascade excellently.

ā€œSay, didnā€™t you tell me you fought it a while back? What did you guys use then, to deal with it?ā€

Long shot, because she also thought she remembered Annalise saying they ate shit, but anything was better than nothing. Just need to get a leg up, any leg at all, and theyā€™d be in the clear. ā€œOh, I saw this one move, Soak, can change a PokĆ©monā€™s type to Water. Think thereā€™s anything big enough to use that on it?ā€

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,105 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2024 1:39:56 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
's voice fades into background noise. annalise leans against an out-of-use console and folds her arms against her chest, watching her xurkitree blink hungrily as the storm nears. or rather, she's looking through the ultra beast, letting their failed excursion tumble around in her skull until it's a smoothed ball of frustration. [break][break]the lilt of the other woman's voice draws her focus, but not her eye. she tunes in again, processing the question. [break][break]"we ran away." the flat delivery thins with the slightest tug of irritation. "there was no fight."[break][break]her passive attempts to dissuade her do nothing to chip away at her determination. her last question sparks something in her. she shifts off from the console, hands falling into balled fists at her sides. [break][break]"we're not beating regieleki, june!" she snaps, thunder rumbling low beneath the sharpened edge of her voice. her xurkitree stops blinking, head dimming. [break][break]"we can't even beat two rocket grunts and you think we can fight a legendary pokemon? no! we can't! give. it. up."

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango i { color: var(--accent); font-style: italic; 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango u { color: var(--accent); font: 12px/12px 'Poppins'; text-decoration: underline dotted; }.mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 60px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-six
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
awards
284 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2024 2:36:01 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
June flinched back as soon as Annalise raised her voice. The sudden movement rocked her water bottle, which tumbled off the small platform and rolled just out of reach. She tried to reach for it as Annalise dug into her, but the sudden flare of pain in her side stopped her in her tracks. Guess she had to settle for her rough, worn-down fingernails for any sense of comfort.

So it was about the Giant Chasm plus the third, more mysterious thing.

ā€œLook, Iā€™ll be the first to admit our first attempt was, well, not exactly good,ā€ she kept her eyes firmly down on her notebook, with its scribbles and incoherent ramblings. ā€œAnd, well the fight at that hole in the ground wasnā€™t our best either.ā€

That was putting it lightly. She still felt guilty of that particular mess (as much as she could for a surprise attack caused by Rocket, anyway). ā€œBut those were justā€¦ bad timing. Yea. As long as we prepare for the next fight, weā€™ll stand a chance.ā€

ā€œSee, look,ā€ she turned her notebook around before Annalise could get another word out. There were some side-doodles, notably of a very fucked-up representation of a Mega-Garchomp and a big Regieleki with a frowny face where its dots shouldā€™ve been. She pointed to it with the chewed end of her pencil, ā€œGround is immune to Electric moves. So if we throw enough of those at it, and hit it hard enough, we should be fine. Plus, if we can inhibit its moves or power some other way, even better.ā€

Sheā€™d done her homework this time around. As much time as she could force herself to stare down into the book that made her yawn or staring at strategy wikis was put into this. And even if it wasnā€™t amazing, she had time to improve upon it. There wouldn't be a second monumental disaster. There couldn't be. 

ā€œBesides, I made a promise to Dā€“... someone very important to me,ā€ her mouth dipped slightly, and her voice softer. ā€œI-I-I have to do this. I need to."

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,105 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2024 22:46:38 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
"you're not listening!" [break][break]she puts her hand on the notebook, palm obscuring the visualized strategies doodled in its margins, and pushes it out of the way. cannot sheepishly curb her frustration with drawings. annalise realizes now that she's been too gentle, too yielding against the other woman's solid stubbornness. [break][break]"if i tell you to run, you run. if i tell you to stand back, you stand back." [break][break]her chastising comes down hard, like a closed fist.[break][break] "the fight in the chasm wasn't not-our-best, june, you rushed them without a single fucking thought. you nearly fucking killed us!"[break][break]the lights flicker overhead as the storm descends upon their makeshift camp.[break][break]"i've had to go around collecting badges off the bodies of rangers who were just like you. if you keep throwing yourself at whoever and whatever, you'll die and that promise will die with you." [break][break]
prompt 20

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-six
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
awards
284 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2024 1:48:51 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
ā€œYou think I donā€™t know that?ā€

Juneā€™s eyes slowly came up, to meet Annaliseā€™s own. Even if hers held guilt and regret, they were no less intense than the Head Rangerā€™s own. It was these emotions that kept her silent during Annaliseā€™s own explosion, but they would not keep her silent forever. It wasn't in her system to do so.

ā€œI fucked up, okay? Is that what you want?ā€ She pushed herself out of the chair, careful to not twist too hard. For naught, as pain shot up her side. Her teeth gritted, but she kept on. ā€œNot a dayā€™s gone by where I havenā€™t thought about how fucking awful that was. How reckless I was.ā€

No matter how many times she tried to convince herself, the thought of ā€˜that one guy was going to try and kill you anywayā€™ was more of an excuse than a reason for her actions. Hindsight was twenty-twenty.

ā€œIā€™m sorry.ā€

ā€œBut donā€™t think for a single damn second that I was going to let you die,ā€ she stuck her finger into the Rangerā€™s chest, ā€œbecause Iā€™d rather die myself than let someone I care even remotely about die because of what I did.ā€

ā€œBesides,ā€ she limped past Annalise, to the edge of their safe zone. To the edge of the storm. Lightning crackled down from the sky, relentless. It raged against the poor, poor ground for daring to exist in the same realm as it. For all it's sins. But it takes the brunt of the force without a single hint of defiance. It knows its place.

Yet the rocky peaks reached for ever more.

ā€œMy promiseā€¦ā€ a deep, heavy, tired, exhausted, depressed, sad sigh came out. She could do this. ā€œMy half of the promise died two years back.ā€

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,105 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2024 5:21:28 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
"i wasn't worried about me." [break][break]annalise feels like she's scolding the bright-eyed version of herself, railroaded on a path way out of her depth. she couldn't change her fate even if she could go back in time ā€” and maybe is too far gone, too. but the ranger captain's anger is proof that she's still trying to save one of them. [break][break]her frustration spills from her lips in a featureless sigh, fingers closing around the air where the other woman's finger had dug against the cartilage-and-bone of her chest. she's already gone, limping away to the boundary of their camp. [break][break]her silhouette looks so small against the stretch of alien world beyond the powerplant. annalise feels the gnawing instinct to walk over and pull her away from the edge, but she remains rooted where she is. [break][break]her trust in june is still a sprout, easily killed by improper maintenance or bad weather, but it endures this. it must endure this if their relationship hopes to survive.[break][break]"what do you mean?" she asks, the fire in her voice smothered down to embers.

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-six
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
awards
284 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2024 7:33:34 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
If Annalise could confide in her about her boyfriend and her personal struggles, then it was only right for June to do the same. Even if they werenā€™t on the same level, it wasnā€™t a competition. Grief was grief, and pain was pain. She deserved to know the real reason why she wanted to push through danger and death for some lofty, impossible goal.

Especially if it put Annalise through the wringer too. But where to start?

ā€œYā€™know how kids say stupid shit? Just make stuff up?ā€ She crossed her arms gingerly. ā€œI did it all the time. Like how Iā€™d make a car go a million kilometers a second, or fly into space, or make a machine thatā€™d clean the house. Never did it, but myā€¦ my Dad loved it, I guess. Thought it was cute. And it made him happy, so I just kept on doing it.ā€

ā€œBut one day, I said Iā€™d catch the fastest PokĆ©mon alive. That was before I even got my first, but he latched on to it? I guess? Always kept bringing it up, even when I grew out of that phase. Always asking me how the ā€˜search was goingā€™ or ā€˜if Iā€™d seen something faster than a Ninjask yetā€™. Hell, I think he said something about it at my graduation.ā€

ā€œBut then heā€“ heā€¦ā€ A deep breath, calm and steady against the storm. The sky exploded from thousands of streaks of lightning. Despite the massive stimulus in front of her, Juneā€™s mind had never been more razor-sharp focused than before, yet for all the wrong reasons. It only took a short lull in the chaos for her to find the strength. To push it past the lump in her throat.

ā€œHe died.ā€

The words were as alien to her as the world they stood in, and the lightning was infinitely quieter. Charged air nipped at her skin, and her nerves shivered against the cold. It bounced uselessly against her. Was this how the rock felt? Alone against the torrent of inescapable power?

"Funny," she smiled sadly into the distance, "how I thought it was so, stupid. Childish. Yet I'm... here."

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,105 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2024 7:57:06 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
annalise just listens. [break][break]'s history unfurls like a tapestry. carelessly, as june describes her happy home life, annalise flips the book to the last page. she'd never mentioned her dad before now, yet it sounds like they have a good relationship with each other. [break][break]something must've happened. [break][break]a frown creases her mouth as june stumbles over the end of her story, staring at the back of her head as she faces the isolating storm outside of the power station. it comes out eventually, with great difficulty, and annalise's expressions deepens with pity. [break][break]"he died." [break][break]annalise wavers in her spot, measuring the best approach to express her sympathy. slowly, she approaches from behind, her fingers brushing against june's shoulder. it's an invitation for comfort just as much as it's a signal to a ceasefire. [break][break]"you're here," she echoes, quiet beneath the rumble of thunder outside. guilt prickles at her now that she knows the full weight of june's promise. "and it's not stupid or childish ā€” it's important to you. and ... and i think you should keep trying if that's what you promised your dad you'd do."[break][break]every impulse demands she grab the steering wheel and tug june's life in a safer direction, but by what right does she have to come between june and the dream that keeps her father alive? she's not a concerned friend, she's a half-stranger sticking her hands in june's affairs. and it's so hard to stop meddling now that she's mired herself in it.[break][break]"i'm sorry for throwing your promise in your face earlier," she adds apologetically. i didn't know rests on her tongue, but she swallows it down.

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-six
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
awards
284 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2024 0:30:36 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
ā€œNot like you knew,ā€ she said with a lump in her throat. ā€œNot like I share this withā€¦ anyone, really.ā€

ā€œI-I justā€¦ā€ June stopped the words before they became something incoherent, a mix between a confession and sob. She afforded herself one solid sigh, a moment, before she continued her explanation. ā€œI donā€™t know what else to do.ā€

ā€œRemember how you talked about moving on, our second time here? How we havenā€™t figured it out?ā€ She focused on the light fingertips on her shoulder, unsure of if she should pull away or lean in. ā€œI canā€™t do it, Annalise. I donā€™t know if itā€™s just because heā€™s gone, or because he cared about it a lot, or whatever. The last thing I want is to be stuck in the past. It hurtsā€“ you know how it is.ā€

The past wasnā€™t meant to be lived in. From those who stare out the window and reminisce to the ones nailed down by some traumatic event, they were trapped in a hell few could relate to. Even worse was when they were left behind as well, stranded in a time long gone. June had been stranded by her fatherā€™s killer, and Annalise by Rocket itself.

All they had were those stuck there with them.

ā€œItā€™s why my half of it is gone. Probably longer than two years, now that I think about it. Butā€¦ my ability to show it to him did. Itā€™s weird, I donā€™t know.ā€

ā€œAnd itā€™s why I have to keep going,ā€ she concluded. Nothing made sense, but it didnā€™t need to. It just had to work. ā€œIf you donā€™t want to help me, thenā€¦ I understand. Itā€™s dangerous. You know it as well as I do. Hell, if you donā€™t want to work with me at all, then so be it. But I promise you, with all my beingā€“ I wonā€™t let you get hurt by my actions again. Not now, not ever.ā€

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,105 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2024 5:36:25 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
annalise recognizes the wetness in 's voice, the wobble in her explanation as it borders on an emotional meltdown. she braces for it, but it doesn't come. with an impressive show of strength, june dams her feelings back up and continues on. [break][break]"yeah." her voice is quiet and sympathetic, far removed from the anger earlier. "i remember."[break][break]june doesn't pull away from the hand outstretched. she feels the fabric of her shirt, the uncertainty that exists in the space between. annalise remembers june stumbling quickly over a we while comforting her then, but now she drags the ugly truth into the light. they're alike in ways that makes a heaviness settle in her chest. [break][break]"i get it. i wish we didn't, though." [break][break]had june been irreparably changed like she had? who did june used to be, before it all? she supposes both of them have only ever met their replacements. her jaw shifts indecisively, then she pulls her into a hug. an embrace to ground her back in the present, to communicate things that aren't as easily put into words.[break][break]"promise me you won't get hurt," she bids instead, voice muffled into her shoulder. "that's the promise i need. i'll be fine no matter what, but you still have stuff you need to do here."[break][break]the back of her throat stings with emotion she swallows down. [break][break]"of course i'll help you," she resolves. "we'll do your promise. together."[break][break]the storm outside eases.

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-six
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
awards
284 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2024 2:25:44 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
ā€œIā€¦ā€

June could never promise that. She knew it, and maybe Annalise knew it too. Whether because of their line of work, the task at hand, or the unpredictability that was Hoennā€“ her safety was never guaranteed. Neither of their safeties were. So why did Annalise say sheā€™d be fine no matter what?

Maybe that was the trust speaking. To make the other feel less anxious. Itā€™s all she could guess, and sheā€™d just have to live with the little white lie. The other option was to ignore it, but sheā€™d rather actually die than lose one of the few people that knew what it was like to be stuck in the past. In a way, they both propped each other up. If one fell, so might the other.

ā€œIā€™ll do my best. Itā€™s all I can promise.ā€

And when the ranger said sheā€™d stick along, some weight left her shoulders and she slumped back into Annaliseā€™s hug. She came in here expecting this to be the last time they ever hung out together. "And... thanks. Seriously."

It was nice to be wrong sometimes. Like how Annalise was wrong about the storm being near the end.

For about ten seconds, sure, the crackle of lighting left the immediate area, and electricity ceased its horrid torrent. Yet there were a few oddities left behind. Like the electrical static that lingered well after the lightning ceased. It arced between rocks and cables to form a mesh of yellow power. But that didnā€™t get her to open her lips in surprise, in absolute shock (no pun intended).

No, itā€™s when a yellow orb, familiar but massively shrunk down, showed up to the scene. It flew across the area, like an electron, from one point of interest to another. Faster than light, and faster than sound.

Regieleki. Juneā€™s legs shifted forward, but stopped themselves. Annaliseā€™s grip was one reason, and their conversation was another. But it was mostly the serenity of the scene that kept her in check. How strangely naturalistic, to see it act like a normal PokĆ©mon. Curious. Intelligent. On the hunt for something. ā€œAnnaliseā€¦ don't freak out. But... it's here.ā€

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,105 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2024 20:06:24 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
i'll do my best.[break][break] a half-promise. something to shield later, after she's knowingly blinded herself to the guiding light of her promise. no one will be able to say she didn't try because no one can measure her efforts in ever-changing circumstances. annalise knows how empty it is because her own failures are surrounded by discarded i'll trys.[break][break]but for now, it's acceptable.[break][break]"good enough."[break][break] annalise holds her tighter as she slumps into her, cradling the back of her head in her hand. it doesn't last very long before june is shifting, prompting her to let her go. she looks out, sees the ball of light glittering outside as it jumps from one location to another.[break][break]"i see it." had regieleki been drawn to the storm or had the storm been drawn to regieleki? she watches it from the safety of their sheltered camp, eyes narrowed against the harshness of its light. [break][break]a smaller, glowing something catches her eye. it catches the electric golem's attention too. it blinks over the supercharged ELECTRIUM Z-CRYSTAL and draws the electricity out of it. [break][break]it flits around more, then starts to grow spontaneously, exponentially. [break][break]"shit."[break][break]the word summarizes the emerging situation succinctly. [break][break]"what was your strategy, again?"[break][break]
prompt 27[break]prompt 36

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-six
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
awards
284 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2024 19:05:11 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
In the face of such a threat, and after such an emotional moment, her perfectly concocted ā€˜planā€™ failed to rematerialize in her brain. Let alone on her tongue. It probably involved a ground type, or something, but she holds back from blurting it out. Somehow. "I-I don't know."

Maybe itā€™s because of how it danced around the Electrium Z-crystal, or how it grows and its multitude of spider-like ā€˜eyesā€™ face away from their makeshift camp. How it didnā€™t look past the through the blue tarp is beyond June.

But all she sees is that it grows to its maximum volume, what they first encountered a few months ago, and thenā€“

BLIP!

Somehow, itā€™sā€¦ not there anymore. The after imagine burned her pupils, and she choked on the breath stuck in her mouth. Just as fast as it appeared, it left. She and Annalise both knew just how fast it was, but that was quite something else.

Terrifying, for starters. But that was a problem theyā€™d solve later. For now, all they could do was pick up the pieces and try to put the situation back together. Like the massive energy left behind by the Z-crystal. It now lay defunct on the earth, a mere reminder of what power itā€™d held not even a minute prior.

ā€œUm. Should we go get that?ā€

Wait, hold on. June felt instinctively for her belt, and pulled off a Poke Ball. In a flash of light, her own sentient power cord bundle emerged. Its bulb scanned the surroundings, as if it too looked for something.

ā€œHey, A/C, you want to go grab that?ā€ She stepped forward and pointed straight to the colorless stone. Sure enough, the Xurkitree bolted out of the cover of their decrepit building. Its ā€˜legsā€™ carried fast, straight to the rockā€“

Past the rock. ā€œHuh?ā€

PROMPT COMPLETE: 35 allow a stakataka or xurkitree that you own to guide you safely through the realm, or have them encounter previous members of their kind that believe it to have betrayed them.