Cain Toman
underground [c]
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2024 4:44:30 GMT
Cain Toman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cain"]
[attr="class","luck"]
[attr="class","postbody"]

At their muddiest, downtrodden places, every region had always been the same at its core. Slums were always depressing in their own right; the abandoned districts, a depressing, former shadow of the liveliness they once incurred. Every place always had their abodes for snakes to roam, wolves to hunt— whatever may have been the case at a given time.[break][break]

So, it was to be expected that he moved through the streets with familiarity.[break][break]

In tandem with the ashen-furred beast perched atop his shoulder, he trekked along the dimmed streetsides beneath the shroud of illusion, though nevertheless kept a vigilant and wary eye upon the passing surroundings as he moved forward. His stride was nothing short of brisk. Confident. To claim hesitation to his steps would have been the equivalent to admitting folly, truthfully enough, and it spoke with how he’d only given sparing glimpses to the overhead signs guiding his way before making turn after turn through the alleyways and otherwise with sparing second guesses.[break][break]

Eventually, he only paused within the midst of a number of warehouses to glimpse down at his phone—a burner, naturally—before sending a sidelong glance towards the larger of the group. With a deep inhale and exhale, alike, he briefly flicked the device closed and tucked it back within one of his pockets as he started towards the door.[break][break]

He entered. He searched. Before long, he took note of the ground beneath a number of tarped palettes and tapped his boot against the ground with a careful ear and eye, alike. Both eyes and brows narrowed and furrowed, respectively, at the sound that met his ears, and with a careful touch, he nudged the piles of wood a tad further while tapping several more times.[break][break]

Hollow.[break][break]

Another cursory glimpse towards the other, potential entrances into the building. He reached back into his pocket, briefly sifting through its inventory before pulling the phone from earlier back out. As he flicked it back open, his remaining hand tapped swiftly across the Pokeballs hung across his belt, and without missing a beat, he peered up at the larger figure of the two to emerge.[break][break]

”Hide ‘n keep ‘n eye out,” he said with a flat terseness, his eyes lingering upon the Golurk he’d spoken to just long enough to give the command. It already began to disappear into the nearby shade as he turned his head towards the Aegislash he’d released alongside the titan. ”Andrasta keeps th’ perimeter. Ye guard Hafren ‘til I’m back.”[break][break]

He lifted the phone up, selecting one of the only contacts in the catalog before tapping along the keys.[break][break]

>I’m at the door.[break]
>You come to me. Don’t care if your traps are off or not.

[attr="class","accent"]
[attr="class","fas fa-bookmark"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
@

[attr="class","milkycredits"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","swarmbottom"]
[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[newclass=".cain"]--accent:#2ba178;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .luck .postbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .luck .postbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .luck .postbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .lyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics b"]color:var(--accent); font-size:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .luck .lyrics span {transition:1s all;} .luck:hover .lyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody"]padding:30px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .accent"]font-size:70px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:5px; left:15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".swarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".swarmbottom .pkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkycredits"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:2px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkycredits a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkycredits a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Open+Sans:400,600|Poppins:500,600,700|Roboto|Roboto+Mono]

close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
and i tried to save a life with these diamond hands of mine; but they're sharper than a knife
awards
485 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
underground [c]
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2024 6:58:06 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","maritest2"]
[attr="class","text"]

filthy, lowly, underhanded and blighted. [break][break]

the land above isn't so kind as the sterile lab coated in stainless steel and desks of white. machines whirr softly underground, far enough removed from the world. when she asked for an underground lab, the best thing she could think of was something literal; marisol isn't wealthy enough to run her own practice by legal means. besides, this environment suits her much better (she's brought back to the maw of the beast; like a lamb to the slaughter - only this time she has no shepherd to blame). [break][break]

the doctor herself is engrossed in her own research, but not so far gone that phone notifications go without attention. when she hears the vibration in her pocket, she pulls away from the microscope and glances down with a subtle expression of indifference. he was here, but wasn't going to come down. the typhlosion lounging around the lab catches the slight furrow of her brow, but marisol doesn't do much else. [break][break]

> two minutes.[break][break]

grabbing a surgical mask from a hook, she turns off the microscope and moves to a control box in the next room. it drops the pressured strings and seals off the vents, making it safe for herself to traverse down the trapped hall. when she reaches the ladder to the hatch, she takes a breath, and climbs up until she can push the hatch aside from above.[break][break]

there's no light to greet her - instead is a freakishly tall man who looms above. [break][break]

like she promised, it only took two minutes her to fully climb out of her hole in the ground.[break][break]

"do we have to speak out here?" she narrows her eyes, a frown growing beneath the mask.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

notes

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.maritest2]--accent:#a2add0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.maritest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

liekos

caturix
he/him
thirty-four
december 21st
wyndon, calar
demirom. pansex.
pro fighter, hitman
executive
show me
where the delicate stops
6 ft 11 in (~211 cm) height
you can call me king of the world
awards
212 posts
Cain Toman DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cain
Cain Toman
underground [c]
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2024 19:59:28 GMT
Cain Toman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cain"]
[attr="class","luck"]

He clicked his tongue at the response he received, though waited nevertheless.[break][break]

While the promised time of arrival hadn’t been long at all, he merely sought seating atop one of the scattered boxes surrounding the hatch as he slipped his phone back into its pocket, settling himself down with a soft, grunting sigh all the while. Vigilant and wary, he bade the time with a steeled gaze of amber, emblazoned and watchful of his surroundings as he listened to the ambiance.[break][break]

The movements of his Pokemon as they patrolled.[break]
The distant sounds of nightlife afar.[break][break]

And, soon enough, the opening of the hatch several feet away as it finally opened. He eyed the figure that emerged from it from beneath the shade of the hat he wore, taking a deep breath before sighing through the form of his mask.[break][break]

”Hadn’t been my intent, nah,” he spoke flatly, his voice distorted vaguely through the filter of his headgear, yet still unfamiliar, all the same, as the traces of his common accent seemed to subside more than usual.[break][break]

He got up, side-eying the doctor as he made strides both towards and past her. Just as quickly as his eyes found her, they shifted down towards the selfsame hatch she’d emerged from before he simply started his way down with little regard to her arrival.[break][break]

”Just need to make sure I wasn’t goin’ into a fuckin’ death trap,” he added on, his feet touching down against the floor of the hallway below. Glancing over his shoulder, looked up towards her while impatiently gesturing towards the hallway that extended before him. ”I’m here to talk shop, yeah, but you’re walkin’ me in and out. Call it a precaution.”

[attr="class","accent"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
@

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[newclass=".luck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .luck .postbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .luck .postbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .luck .postbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .lyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .luck .lyrics span {transition:1s all;} .luck:hover .lyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody"]padding:30px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .accent"]font-size:70px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:5px; left:15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".swarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".swarmbottom .pkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkycredits"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:2px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkycredits a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkycredits a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
and i tried to save a life with these diamond hands of mine; but they're sharper than a knife
awards
485 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
underground [c]
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2024 20:42:29 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

walk yourself.[break][break]

she wants to say, biting back the cold words that sat on the tip of her tongue. the irritation from being pulled from her own research can be temporarily pushed aside. this was a prior appointment, she should have set that time aside for something like this to begin with - yet no matter how she repeats this to herself, the skepticism doesn't fade. [break][break]

marisol follows suit, down the ladder, making strides towards the main door to the lab. the hallway itself isn't too long, and the main door can be seen from the hatch - in addition to multiple more doors, all of which she'll ignore. "i understand." she speaks beneath the mask, dual-toned eyes glancing towards the fallen, thin threads, followed by a quick glance at this monster of a man.[break][break]

with a soft sigh, she pushes against the door to reveal a relatively large room. a large, messy desk with veils and shelves of unidentified drugs, chemicals and so forth sit on display. seating for an operating table is placed deeper in the space, lab coats, goggles and masks are hung up neatly next to another door. [break][break]

she quickly moves to sit in the office chair tucked against the messy desk, with a heeled shoe gently pushing a wheeled stool towards her guest. "sit. i'm sure you have questions for me."[break][break]

she knows she has a few.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

notes

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.maritest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

liekos

caturix
he/him
thirty-four
december 21st
wyndon, calar
demirom. pansex.
pro fighter, hitman
executive
show me
where the delicate stops
you can call me king of the world
awards
212 posts
Cain Toman DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cain
Cain Toman
underground [c]
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2024 18:40:30 GMT
Cain Toman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cain"]
[attr="class","luck"]

He waited.[break][break]

He waited for her to follow up, whether through responses or actions. The look she gave him had only and simply been returned likewise, shaded hues of amber following her form as she finally sought to step back down the steps he’d moved down. Words escaped him as he glared back at her, though in light of her own reply, simple as it was, he merely gave her an impatient nod and gesture towards the corridor before them.[break][break]

His gaze trailed after her for a few paces before he began a stride within her midst.[break][break]

With an idle, yet vigilant eye, he glimpsed through the various doorways and walls strewn before them on their way through, only bringing himself to look properly forward as she seemed to duck into one of the rooms in particular. Though pocketed for the trip, one of his hands briefly escaped their fabriced embrace in favor of skimming another Pokeball over one of his belts.[break][break]

Palmed for only a moment, it released a Decidueye into the selfsame hall they’d trekked through; a guardsman, of sorts, that remained within shade and shadow as his trainer ducked through the doorway.[break][break]

And with his greeting being a chair rolling towards him, he lifted his foot and intercepted its path with it. With narrowed eyes, he peered down at it while noting the words spoken towards him.[break][break]

”...Right.”[break][break]

Inhaling deeply, he kicked the seat forward and back towards the doctor a small ways, walking after it before ultimately turning it. With its back towards her, he hooked one leg over its cushion—soon followed by the other—before resting his arms over the back and leaning on them.[break][break]

”First thing’s first, then— what can I expect from your work?” he asked bluntly, tilting his head. ”I already got plenty of contacts. What makes you stand out from ‘em? What can you bring to the table that they can’t?”

[attr="class","accent"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
@

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
485 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
underground [c]
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2024 22:51:53 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

"corpse disposal." [break][break]

if he really wanted to be short and sweet about it, that is. he was asking what she did, and there's no way she can lace something so crude and savage as something flowery - that'd be deluding the both of them. the nurse leans back into her office chair, shifting one leg to sit atop of the other while her fingers move to the desk for a clipboard. [break][break]

she tugs the pen strung with a thread, tied to the metal clamp, and lightly taps the head against a blank paper. she parts her lips, as though she was about to continue, but bites the words back to replace them with something else. "i'm also a doctor. a surgeon, more specifically." if it wasn't already obvious by the operating table, lined with sterilized tools and stench of disinfectant lingering in the room. [break][break]

dual-toned eyes glance over to a casing, lined with veils and beakers. the filled ones are carefully placed behind a glass plane, a gentle light illuminating them as an unknown liquid lays suspended. "... and to a degree, pharmacist and scientist." she could strike out scientist, but she won't. this is the closest she'll get to it, even if none of her titles are officially recognized by the league. that's alright - she has the resume to back up her skills. [break][break]

her body leans forward, pen gently tapping against the clipboard. her eyes fall back to the man sitting on a chair that's arguably too small for him. [break][break]

"you'll have access to a body dump, a doctor and a chemical-slash-drug supplier."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

notes

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights