She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
477 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
g r o u n d i n g
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2024 15:07:38 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

His words lightly cover a deep and dark history of resistance against Rocket that has, to at least some extent, been futile. They all lost Kanto. Even now, they were struggling to cinch Hoenn's safety. It could be a question with no answer, if Rocket is larger than itself, if it's representative of anyone and anything that wants to disrupt social order. She doesn't know. It's all so big. She signed up to help with the reputation of ghost pokemon, and she found herself scrambling in larger battles every day.

"Sea defenses," she says instead of voicing any of her real thoughts, "that's a good start." She releases phione and ferrothorn. His pin missile can help pin together whatever phione weaves and places.

"I need to invest in some trap-making pokemon. I think toxic spikes could be helpful for defending the city." She rubbed at her chin as she thought. "You think they'll put off a strong sea front?"

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,015 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
g r o u n d i n g
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2024 4:14:29 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson-main"]
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]"It's likely." He says, "but also entirely too obvious, isn't it? Still, we need to do our due diligence."

The Pokéball in his his grip finally splits to reveal an Araquanid. The water-spider taps her pointed appendages against the wooden planks and waits expectantly.

"Do you have a Pokémon that can manipulate the earth with fine accuracy?"

[attr="class","snub-greyson-pkmn"]
MISSION

[attr="class","snub-greyson-tag"]

[newclass=.snub-greyson-main] font:12.5px Tahoma; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; width:70%; margin-bottom:-120px;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson a] text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main b]color:#cec8ef; letter-spacing:.3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main i]font-size:13px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:.4px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main u]font-size:12px;border-bottom: 1.5px solid #2a879e;letter-spacing: .5px;text-decoration: none;margin: 0px -3px 0px -3px;padding: 0px 3px 0px 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main h1]font-size:12px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:1px;font-weight:bold;text-transform:uppercase;font-family: Verdana;display: inline-block;margin: 0px -3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson] width:80%; padding:45px; background-color:#272727; transform:skew(0deg); border:solid 2px #363636;[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-tag] text-align:right; font-size:0px; margin-top:-30px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-tag a] color: #272727!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-pkmn]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: -30px; position: absolute; width: 75%; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
477 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
g r o u n d i n g
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2024 16:09:36 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

"When you say 'fine accuracy,' you mean...?" She trails off thoughtfully. Snorlax is king of environmental damage with his surf, blizzard, and earthquake knowledge. But accuracy has nothing to do with the massive AoE attacks. He's built for tanking hits and doing massive, brute force damage. "What's the importance of accuracy for environmental control? Wouldn't we be using those attacks to hit large waves of pokemon or trainers?"

She imagined using any of those moves at the edge of Mossdeep to keep back a marching army. The use of them inside Mossdeep would wreak havoc. "For accuracy, I think it would make more sense to use a flying type for the laser-focus of fly or something. Maybe a psychic for their fine tuned attacks; they can ignore line of sight and hit someone behind an obstacle." Not that she'd ever use a psychic.

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,015 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
g r o u n d i n g
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2024 13:12:15 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]"If we were in combat, maybe. And even than it's not always the correct answer. But we're talking about preparation, Robin. With any luck we wont have to fight at all."

A fools dream, but it deserved to be said.

"Take a look."

Expanding another orb he releases a Poliwrath.

"Manipulate this into a spike, Arco." Gloved hands glow an earthly yellow as the seabed just beyond the pier responds.

A spear of earth as thick around at the tip as Greyson's fist rises from the indicated spot.

"Something like this would be nearly impossible for boats to spot. They would need either some form of sonar or water-type Pokémon swimming alongside."

"Reinforced? This could skewer the hulls underneath, or even damage the rudders -- if the nets don't catch them first.""

MISSION

[newclass=.snub-greyson-main] font:12.5px Tahoma; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; width:70%; margin-bottom:-120px;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson a] text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main i]font-size:13px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:.4px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main u]font-size:12px;border-bottom: 1.5px solid #2a879e;letter-spacing: .5px;text-decoration: none;margin: 0px -3px 0px -3px;padding: 0px 3px 0px 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main h1]font-size:12px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:1px;font-weight:bold;text-transform:uppercase;font-family: Verdana;display: inline-block;margin: 0px -3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson] width:80%; padding:45px; background-color:#272727; transform:skew(0deg); border:solid 2px #363636;[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-tag] text-align:right; font-size:0px; margin-top:-30px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-pkmn]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: -30px; position: absolute; width: 75%; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
477 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
g r o u n d i n g
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2024 15:14:58 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

The demonstration made things obvious. She also realized she had next to no pokemon that could perform these kinds of tricks. Her pokemon often had moves that were releases of energy. Snorlax and the two pokemon she had that knew ancient power were about as close as she could get. Ferrothorn continued working with some makeshift underwater net, but she needed more variety for defenses. "Need to catch pokemon for trap moves, but I was already going to hunt for healing pokemon..."

The poison outbreak had showed her how important it was to have the capacity for healing when handling disasters. She had lucked out in not needing more than a med kit in her time as a Ranger, but luck wasn't going to cut it anymore. She was going to have to hunt for pokemon nonstop the next few weeks. "Do you really think we could prepare enough to prevent a fight?" It sounded too good to be true.

More than that, she was worried about the scale of the fight itself if it was unavoidable. "Do you think, um, Rocket might want the city to use it? So maybe they won't destroy it too much?" If it was just a power move, a scare tactic, a we-can-take-what-we-want-when-we-want demonstration, then the city (any city) was at dire risk of utter destruction.

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,015 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
g r o u n d i n g
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2024 3:07:50 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]"No, I don't." He says to her question, and despite the subject, his tone is light and easygoing.

No matter the amount of work they did here today it wouldn't be enough. It was never enough. He accepted that. Still, he sought to push the boundaries of the futility each time.

"Rocket wants what we have. They're willing to do whatever it takes to get it. They'd gladly destroy a city just to rebuild it in their image, all the while brandishing the League has the true villains of the act."

A sigh escapes his lips.

He was peddling Rocket to be some group of mastermind villains — a fact that wasn't entirely untrue, but was certainly more embellished than the reality. Something pulls him out of his thoughts, however, grounding him back to reality.

"Did you say 'healing pokemon'?"

MISSION

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
477 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
g r o u n d i n g
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2024 15:30:39 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Yeah, that level of preparation was impossible. A fight was inevitable, but they could minimize damages. But she couldn't help a tinge of dread as Greyson talked about Rocket. Particularly, that comment about painting League as the villain... was he suggesting...?

"You don't think they're going to twist the narrative, do you? I mean, who would believe that?" She spread her arms wide, gesturing vaguely to the world around them. "After Kanto, they're clearly -- there's no -- who could believe the League would contribute to the destruction of what they protect?" Was propaganda something else to put on her radar?

She rubbed at her face. Then, she considered Greyson's question. "Yes, after the poison outbreaks, I realized I was super limited in helping people. I had antidotes, but the cuts and scrapes... My medkit only goes so far. I have been meaning to hunt for fairies or grass types that possess some healing capability." Indeed, it made her think about the first time she met Greyson when she had a kid with a broken limb and she had no ability to fly with her team at the time; Greyson had provided air support, and his Comfey had held the kid together on the trip.

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,015 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
g r o u n d i n g
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2024 3:21:51 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]He offers her a sad, knowing smile.

"It works, believe it or not. Their propaganda feeds on the uneducated; the downtrodden. Those that slip through the system." A sad, unfortunate truth. "But nevermind that. Look at—"

He releases a Pokémon to float in-front of them. It's small, barely the size of a pinky, but gently rides the wind on her crown of flowers.

"—this." He smiles as the Fairy-type floats over to Robin, mews of curiosity barely audible above the same gusts of wind that carry her. "This is Ellie and she is the absolute best healing Pokémon there is."

And she was adorable as hell.

MISSION

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
477 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
g r o u n d i n g
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2024 15:22:34 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Robin's brow furrows as he lays out the impact of propaganda, but as soon as the topic is there, it's gone. He releases a Comfey and speaks of her like she's his pride and joy. She can't help the snort that comes from her. "Sorry, sorry," she backpedals, "I just... isn't she a little small?" She'd seen the fairy's work long ago with the injured kid, but still, wasn't she more for cuts and bruises than anything drastic?

"I just mean, can she really manage triage in a disaster? I would think a larger pokemon like a Clefable would be a safer choice, especially with how tanky they can be." Though, her Sinistea was an incredibly small pokemon that packed a huge punch. Sinistea was her ace.

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,015 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
g r o u n d i n g
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2024 18:42:51 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]"You're thinking too small."

Ironic, considering her feelings on the Fairy-type.

"Alright Ells, let's show her what we can do." Holding out his wrist the Posy Picker Pokémon moves to encapsulate his wrist. He gives Robin an expectant look.

"Attack us with your best."

MISSION

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
477 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
g r o u n d i n g
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2024 15:46:38 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Her best?

She wasn't about to drop a catastrophe at the docks. Though, it was primarily Snorlax who ran the risk of largescale disasters because of how powerful his moveset was. Sinistea could still pack a punch. "Um. If you insist?" Greyson was kind of a strange guy. She shared a look with Sinistea. "Go ahead," she urged. Sinistea launched a shadow ball at Greyson and his Comfey.

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,015 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
g r o u n d i n g
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2024 22:07:38 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]She holds back and Greyson hides his disappointment. Robin was skeptical, he could tell, but at least she cared about the environment around them.

Just before the SHADOW BALL turns his chest inside-out a finger thin barrier, Ellie's FLOWER SHIELD, surrounds his entire body.

Only when the attack dissipates entirely does the energy disperse into harmless ethereal flower petals that float away in the salty breeze.

"That's not all either."

Reaching for a knife in his boot, Greyson holds the blade against his other palm. Immediately the Comfey mews in distress, and concern.

"It's okay Ells. I know you got me."

Clearly unsatisfied with this whole thing, she nevertheless acquiences and allows the blade to slide a line across Greyson's palm. Almost immediately she sets to work to cover the wound with a patchwork of FLORAL HEALING.

Greyson holds his palm up, grinning.

"See?"

MISSION

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
477 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
g r o u n d i n g
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2024 22:55:18 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

"Whoa..." Credit where credit's due, the shield was fast and effective. She didn't have any personal shielding. It would be good self-defense. It was especially relevant given how often she was learning about combatants attacking trainers directly during battle. A shield that close would be invaluable.

And then he pulled a knife.

"Hey, hey, whoa now." She put her hands up in a placating motion. "No need to hurt yourself, dude, I believe Comfey can heal, OK?" But there was no stopping a Greyson who had made up his mind. She flinched at the redness that split his palm.

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,015 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
g r o u n d i n g
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2024 23:17:55 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]Her response is a bit unexpected, but upon retrospect, entirely warranted.

"Er— Uh, yeah. A bit over the top huh?" He chuckles nervously and wipes the blood on his pants. Already the wound was closing beneath the healing powers of his Comfey.

"Anyway—" He whistles and the water-spider comes scuttling over. At Greyson's nudge the Comfey, albeit reluctantly, floats over to wrap around one of the Pokémon's appendages.

"—The point I'm trying to make is that a Comfey will protect you better than any other Pokémon. It can heal, shield, remove status conditions, and even go on the offense. But, if you prefer a Clefable or something." He shrugs though his grin is clearly playful.

If being a bit crazy meant someone else embraced the joy of Comfey — well, sign him up.

MISSION

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
477 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
g r o u n d i n g
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2024 18:25:47 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

She feels as nervous as his Comfey had. Indeed, the fairy worked quickly. She would need to invest in a solid set of defensive and healing pokemon, and Comfey fit both. "Ah," she said slowly, with exaggerated understanding, "so I'm gonna get the greatest Comfey in all of Hoenn and show you how it's really done. Got it." Her grin was slow and self-assured.

She loved a challenge. "I'll beat you with a Comfey one day. Bet." She had to take him down a notch or three. "Anything else to show me, or can we do something fun like hit up the ramen shop on the corner?"