Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
INTERPOL Agent / Police Deputy Chief
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
119 kg (262 lbs) / 196 cm (6' 5") height
Was doing swords and shields before it was cool.
awards
1,235 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
LEAGUE & LEARN: Greyson Connors [M]
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2024 20:37:17 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

LEAGUE & LEARN: GC

Ft.

COMMUNITY STADIUM, MOSSDEEP CITY, 6:01 P. M.

"Good evening, Mr. Greyson." Gwyar said, extending out his hand to the man. "We're glad you could make it."

They stood outside of the Mossdeep City Community Stadium— otherwise known as the Mossdeep City Gym premises by the locals.

Gwyar and his team of gym staff had waited outside to recieve the renown member of the Elite 4.

"We cannot thank you enough for making time for Mossdeep City— I can only imagine how busy your schedule is." The blonde said, stepping aside to invite the man into the gym's lobby.

Inside, the gym trainers and other staffers were running about making sure everything was ready. The video and audio teams in charge of the stadium's audiovisual systems weren't immediately seen, but their presence could be felt in the number of Rotom-drones and rotom-phones flying about the place.

Inside the stadium proper— and beyond the one-sided glass windows— the people awaiting for Greyson and Gwyar (but mostly Greyson) could be seen.

Attendance was higher than usual.

Gwyar could see more than a few new faces, both to the seminars and to Mossdeep city in general, and the stadiums seats were actually filled a respectable amount, given how long it had been since the city had hosted any significant tournaments.

So far, everything was going according to plan. Now, they just had to make sure of turning a good number of the new attendees into regulars, and/or better yet— willing promoters and word of mouthers.

For the moment, the staffers around Gwyar and Greyson spread out to work once again, leaving the gym leader and the Elite 4.

Gwyar smiled at the man, folding his arms behind his back.

"There's still time before you take the stage." He said. "Everything has been prepared in advance as you requested."

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,041 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2024 23:13:00 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","postruinsbg"]
[attr="class","postruinstxt"]
[attr="class","postruinsicon"]
"Gwyar." He accepts the Gym Leader's handshake with one of his own. Firm and brief. His eyes flit over the assembled grouping and he chuckles, surprisingly nervous.

"I appreciate the warm welcome, but it's entirely unnecessary. I'm no celebrity. I was a Gym Leader not too long ago myself, you know."

Nevertheless Greyson follows him inside, hands comfortably in his pockets, eyes wandering every now and than in admiration.

"You have a nice place here. I can see you and your staff care greatly about the duty that lays heavily on your shoulders." He respected that.

When the group departs and leaves just him, and Gywar, he gives the Gym Leader an appreciate smile.

"I just need to convince these people Comfey is the absolute best Pokemon — easy. I've been preaching that for years." He chuckles again, this time embracing a more somber mood. "I'm kidding of course. Thank you, to you and your staff. How many people have showed up?"

[attr="class","postruinspkmn"]

[newclass=.postruinsbg]width: 715px; height: 436px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 680px 0, 680px 105px, 100% 105px, 100% 100%, 0 100%); position:absolute; margin-top:-30px; margin-left:-30px; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt]margin:-40px 85px -40px 115px; position: relative; z-index: 2; padding: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt b]text-decoration: none; font-weight: bold; color: #cec8ef;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinsicon] margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; background-size: contain;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinstxt blockquote]border:1px solid #aaa; background:transparent; margin: 0px; padding: 10px; font-size: 8px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt blockquote b]color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt .vdice-box]background: transparent; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt .vdice-value]border:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt] font:12.5px Roboto Condensed; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; width:55%; margin-bottom:-120px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinstxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt .audiojs .progress]background: #aaa;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinspkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinspkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinspkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinsbg]background:url('https://i.imgur.com/2BdJS3Z.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinsart]text-align:center; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsart img]height:100px; width: 363px; object-fit:cover; border:1px solid #aaa; border-radius:5px; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsartdrk]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#303030; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-104px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsartlght]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#aaa; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,235 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2024 16:25:08 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

Ft.

While Gwyar wasn't one to care about celeb culture, there was a level of reverence that the rank of Elite 4 alone required in this sort of public facing circumstances.

Specially in times of war and propaganda.

The members of the Elite 4 were equal part soldiers, public servants and pokemon training idols, after all.

And in any case—

"Just think of it as a show of my admiration." The blonde said, smiling.

For a brother in arms— whether the younger man remembered it or not.

Greyson's praise brought a proud welling up of the staff's chest, perhaps contradicting the young man's own perception of himself. They certainly seemed to look upon him with borderline adoration, after all, throwing back lingering looks as they were dismissed before turning back to their duties.

"I'm more partial to Honedges myself." He said, a number of said pokemon floating by as he spoke. One took a moment to rub against the blonde's shoulders. He grinned wide. "But then, I'm quite biased."

Most of the countless Aegislash-line pokemon floating about were related to his oldest pokemon. It was sort of like being surrounded by adorable(?) nieces and nephews.

Moving on—

"The Stadium is at more than half capacity." He said bluntly, smiling at the man. "It's the highest attendance we've ever had."

It was truly shocking what star power could do. Greyson was the first Elite 4 member they had invited, so who knew. Perhaps if it had been a little later, the man would've disclosed the secrets of Comfey to a full stadium.

Ah well, he could always be invited again~.

"Are you nervous?"

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,041 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2024 1:07:45 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
"Honedge. Good choice."

Greyson grins and flashes the blade an appreciative nod. His own had evolved into a Doublade, then finally into the Aegislash and aided him in combat time and time again.

Then he reminds Greyson of what awaits him outside and he chuckles, an edge in his voice.

"That obvious huh?"

Had he been , , or even he would've said no. But, he wasn't them; strip away the titles and accolades and you'd have a boy from a small town who loved to garden.

"We got a few minutes, right?"

[newclass=.postruinsbg]width: 715px; height: 436px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 680px 0, 680px 105px, 100% 105px, 100% 100%, 0 100%); position:absolute; margin-top:-30px; margin-left:-30px; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt]margin:-40px 85px -40px 115px; position: relative; z-index: 2; padding: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt b]text-decoration: none; font-weight: bold; color: #cec8ef;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinsicon] margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; background-size: contain;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinstxt blockquote]border:1px solid #aaa; background:transparent; margin: 0px; padding: 10px; font-size: 8px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt .vdice-box]background: transparent; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt] font:12.5px Roboto Condensed; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; width:55%; margin-bottom:-120px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinstxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinspkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinspkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinspkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinsbg]background:url('https://i.imgur.com/2BdJS3Z.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinsart img]height:100px; width: 363px; object-fit:cover; border:1px solid #aaa; border-radius:5px; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsartdrk]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#303030; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-104px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsartlght]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#aaa; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,235 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POSTED ON May 4, 2024 20:16:29 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

Ft.

Gwyar smiled wryly.

"I'd be surprised at anyone who wasn't." He said.

Standing before a crowd was one of the most nerve-wracking, nail-biting things he could think of, from his own experience. It had taken the better part of a decade for him to just grow accustomed to the crowds of Galarian fanatics roaring in those massive stadiums.

"Yes." He nodded, turning his gaze over to the large windows gazing out into the stadium. "Would you like me to get you anything?"

Everyone living in the limelight (forced or otherwise) had their rituals for these sorts of things. He would be happy to help the other man with whatever he needed.

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,041 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
POSTED ON May 5, 2024 2:43:05 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
Greyson holds up a hand, shaking his head.

"No, I'm fine, thank you. Stomach couldn't handle anything I fear."

His gaze follows Gwyar's, taking in the stadium at large.

"Read a bit about you. You retired as a Gym Leader in Galar." A beat. "Why take up the mantle again here?"

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights