Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
Internal Panic, Outward Smile (Closed)
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2024 18:36:17 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

Pain....

He was in immense pain, but he had just finished putting fresh gauze around his midsection, and taken a few painkillers to numb the worst of it. It was uncomfortable, but he put on a fresh button up shirt, and he sat down in his chair. How was he going to make it through today? He had promised to spend essentially a day with her, but that had been before he accidentally summoned the 'Regidrago Remnant' as had dubbed it. It was a good name, so he decided to keep using it. No sense in reinventing the wheel.

Still he didn't know what he was suppose to do....Outside of missions, Amor felt he was a terribly boring person, would he be able to show her something, or teach her something worthwhile? She was already an accomplished person both inside, and out of Rocket. Wouldn't be more her speed since if he recalled their research was similar? Amor was terribly lost on what he could do to help promote her growth.

Walter would assuredly make fun of him if he called to ask him for advice. Probably make some remark about how it was a date, or the like, and he sighed. The Old Man....Was like a father to him, and he acted the part properly. So with no clue on how this day was going to go, he just put on his best smile, and when the knock came at his door he opened it.

"Miss Abadi....Welcome...." No point in worrying about it now, he would just do what he always did. Walk forward until he got to his destination, and pretend he knew what he was doing the entire while. No need to complicate matters.

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
212 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2024 22:21:14 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

When the door opened, Ameena was taken aback. It was still strange to see him so laid back, but even more... something about him seemed tender, perhaps. "Still at the 'Miss' stage, are we?" She arched a brow as she walked in. He seemed allergic to using her title of Doctor, but she had spent enough time to get the impression that this had everything to do with him and not much at all with her. [break][break]

"I was hoping to see more about what makes a Head Scientist worthy. I know you said the day-to-day is rather boring, but surely you have had some excitement lately?" If he only got out enough for some trips to the wilds, she had to wonder what he did about his personal projects. "Maybe even time for a social call. Some of you upper-echelon Rockets get a little strange around other people," she teased.[break][break]

The organization attracted just about everyone who had a goal that couldn't be achieved under the eyes of the law, and that included some extreme and unsociable personalities.

TAGS[break]
NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".ameena"]--accent:#EF59D8;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass][googlefont="Roboto Mono"]
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
"I can't take the pressure....I'm gone beyond repair...."
awards
1,870 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2024 23:43:47 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

"We will be at the 'Miss' stage....For the forseeable furture, unless something drastic changes...." He explained to her with a smile, but he listened to her desires, and he thought about it. She wanted to know what made a Head Scientist worthy of the title. The truth was....Amor often wondered if he was worthy of it....Of Erebus....He had spoken to about worthiness once, he didn't think he was the right person to help, but if she could learn from his mistakes then maybe the path he paved would make her future easier.

"That is an interesting question....Well....I don't think I can tell you what makes someone worthy of the title....My colleague Miss is an avatar after all...." With the God's alphabet at her beck, and call no less. "Compared to her I'm not all that special....Even my predecessor was an avatar, and in some ways far more capable than me. Don't tell her I said that...." Even had managed to get Zapdos with his ingenuity. Compared to them....Amor wasn't anything, he felt the crushing weight of having to prove to himself if nothing else that he was worthy of it all sometimes.

"However I'll do my best to answer any, and all your questions....As for socializing....That sounds nice....How about I give you a tour of my lab? You can poke, and prod around, see if something catches your fancy. I can tell you about my most recent ventures while there, and you can look at me the same way does sometimes...." He said with a laugh, and he summoned his Gallade. "You're okay with Teleporting places right? My fun lab isn't on the submarine...."

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
212 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2024 20:26:38 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

He stood as a peer to avatars. It warranted a long string of questions, particularly because Ameena understood this avatarship very little. "Big shoes to fill when it comes to head scientists," she murmured. Indeed, she was feeling confident about not pursuing such a career path. She couldn't help but smile at his comment about Lulu; even she felt second to the other scientist, though Lulu had never gone out of her way to flex accomplishments or criticize the dead ends Ameena's reached in her research. [break][break]

"A tour would be excellent. Teleportation is not a problem." Her reliance on psychic types had left her building a quick tolerance to the disorienting impact of such moves. "I am so curious to see what you get up to. I could tell you have witnessed a lot of danger given your minute reactions to the upsetting visuals of the Ultra Deep Sea." [break][break]

The more she learned, the more she realized how chaotic things were in Hoenn and how quickly the people here got desensitized to it. "I am eager for you to bend my ear. I hope you will not expand your ventures into tall tales." She didn't take him for much of a liar, but it was helpful to gauge how he would react to such a comment. Though, based on his time in Hoenn, she suspected he had done all but arm-wrestle Arceus.

TAGS [break]
NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".ameena u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass][googlefont="Roboto Mono"]
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,870 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2024 16:22:57 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

He just smiled at her.

"I've seen worse things than what that place could ever show me...." He didn't expound upon that, and instead he placed a handle gently on her shoulder, and with a nod to his Gallade they were whisked away with Teleport to the Lab that he had shown his Nebula Agents when they first formed the team. It was safe away from Sootopolis, hidden in plain sight so if that should fail his work wouldn't be lost.

"You'll find that truth is often stranger than fiction...." He said with a smile, and he turned his face from hers to hide a wince of pain from his sides. Exhaling softly he began to walk through the large open space, there were no walls so everything was on display for her to see.

There were three larger than average Vespiquen being preserved in special containers against one wall. In the center where the largest amount of floor space was allotted was scrap metal, it looked mostly melted as if it had been doused in concentrated heat for a long time. Not even the NeverMeltIce Cooling system remained in contact, and there was nothing salvageable about it, but still it was there. On the opposite wall of the Vespiquen she could find four display cases each one with a slightly different suit in it, they all resembled his current Seraphim armor, though some were damaged from various things.

There was a large computer array that would make most people weep, with nine connected screens in a perfect three by three pattern. In front of it was a Metagross, and a Porygon-Z as well seemingly operating them running tests, or simulations. There were works in progress, and a few other things scattered about, but nothing eye catching at first glance.

"Welcome to my slice of paradise....While I do some work on the Submarine, it doesn't quite have a big enough space for the things I like to do, and the sorts of things I like to build....See anything that catches your interest?"

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
212 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2024 20:16:23 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

True, the truth she had been learning about Hoenn's odd proclivities had been much more extreme than she had imagined. Everywhere she turned, there was some other mystery. There was some other encounter with something mythological or reality-warping. [break][break]

Still, she hadn't expected his lab to look at it did. "Why the Vespiqueen?" She had gotten her hands on her own Porygon that might be helpful for future simulations, but she hadn't put it to work just yet. She wasn't terribly surprised by the screens, but the bugs? It wasn't what she expected him to study. [break][break]

"What kinds of things do you build?" She had a large space with the basement underneath her company. It was quiet enough she could conduct experiments without any distractions, and she had plenty of resources because of the company on top. She was considering using AbCon to scout potential sleep study participants, but it was a risky affair if she took the study too far.

TAGS [break]
NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,870 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2024 20:41:39 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

"One of my first missions here back when I was a grunt, and nothing special....Still trying to find my footing was to investigate a hive of Combee. With the help of one , I managed to procure those three specimens. They were infected with Primal Energy, which is part of my expertise you know? Along with dynergy, infinity energy, and now Terastal." He expressed to her with a chuckle. "They are memento's to remind me of how far I have come since I joined Rocket...." Though he was confident that even if he never joined Rocket he would have made it just as far, the road would have just been far rockier.

"As for what I build, whatever tickles my fancy, but that incredibly expensive pile of scrap you see over there, is my latest project. Well it was I should say....That's all that remains after the testing. It was suppose to be a wormhole generator, designed to use Primal Shards, and Crystals to rip open holes in reality to traverse the multiverse as we know it." He explained to her leading her over to the now defunct machine. "However procuring a constant source of Primal Energy is very troublesome....So I thought to myself....Why not a Tera Shard? And well it worked sort of...." The memory made him grimace in pain, and he straightened up so as to not agitate his wounds further.

"I managed to summon a false titan, the one I've been hoping to gain for myself, but it tried to eat me....Had , , and not been there....Well we wouldn't be having this conversation more than likely....I'm fifty percent on summoning gods now at the very least." He shrugged, and smiled at her as if that was just something normal. "I still have to write a report on that, so you're the first to hear about it for now...."

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
212 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2024 20:58:41 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

She couldn't help the smile from imagining him as a grunt. This was evidence that he might be sentimental. More interestingly, his device for multiverse travel was not totally in pieces. His use of different sources of energy was intriguing. "Do you have a component that moderates the input of energy? I fear such a portal would be nearly impossible to sustain." The work was hypothetical - at least, it was to her, as she had never tried to put multiverse travel into action, unless the RKS simulation was tapping into the multiverse. [break][break]

She knew large bursts of energy could open space distortions, so it wasn't impossible, but keeping one open would require so much careful planning. She was happy that she only ever dipped her toes into the multiverse theories via the dream realm, which could be its very own thing depending on who you asked. [break][break]

"When you say false titan..." She had heard of Howard, knew Makoto, but had yet to meet Tempest. She wondered how many pour souls he normally looped into his experiments. Wait, was she one of them?[break][break]

"The more I learn about you," she said in a long-suffering tone after he non-chalantly discussed the summoning of gods, "the more concerned I become."

TAGS [break]
NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,870 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2024 21:47:05 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

He just smiled a bit at her words.

"I do....My Porygon-Z, Jarvis, manages all the calculations along with Mercuria, my Metagross...." He expresses to her with an easy smile, but it's her next couple of statements that make him chuckle. "You sound like ...." They were always worried about him getting himself killed, and perhaps one day he would. There was a non-zero chance that he would slip up, and not even his most powerful pokemon would be able to bail him out. However he would endeavor to take every precaution necessary to prevent that outcome.

"False Titan as in....I'm not sure if the being I conjured was the real one or not, it was missing it's core....It also tried to eat me...." He shrugged a bit, and the motion caused him to grimace in pain a little. Though he did his best to hide it. "If I'm to push the boundary of science, then I can't allow myself to be afraid of a little thing like death....It is merely a limitation that should be overcome...." Death was the great equalizer, and he knew that. No one, and nothing could escape it, but what if there was a way? What if you were able to reverse everything, to rewrite reality....

To him death was just another obstacle that needed to be overcome for his goal, and he would overcome it. There was no denial of what doing so might cost him in the long run, but he had already resolved to do whatever it took.

"You don't need to worry for me Ms. Abadi, I assure you that all of my mental faculties are fully intact, and functioning. I am sane if that is what's troubling you...." Which is something that an insane person would probably say, but from his point of view, he was. To an outside perspective however, he might not seem all there....

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
212 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2024 16:39:08 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

Brilliance and insanity lived at the same address. It was difficult to parse where he was leaning as he suggested death was a limitation to overcome. But if she was being totally fair, she herself was trying to overcome death by accessing alternate universes via the dream realm, so perhaps it was hypocritical to suggest he was any worse off than she was in terms of ambitious projects. [break][break]

"Fear exists for a reason. I get the impression you concern many of your colleagues." In fairness, again, she had also alarmed Makoto during their RKS visits. But she did find herself more grounded in reality than he was, at times. But he also seemed more willing to accept things at face value, and she still couldn't wrap her head around much they had witnessed together. [break][break]

She smiled at his final remark, though it wasn't necessarily kind. "Sane people tend to not announce it." They had no reason to defend their faculties, of course. But scientists were always pushing some sort of boundary. [break][break]

"So, how do you determine a project is worth your time?" If there was anything she wanted to learn from him, it was how his cost/benefit analysis worked for research. It would help her understand if it was worth it to try to collaborate with him on his own projects, or if she would ever be able to persuade him to assist with hers.

TAGS [break]
NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,870 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2024 18:37:58 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

"I can't tell you if I do or not....Not many complain to me...." He shrugged a bit, and moved on past her comment about 'sane people'. As far as he was concerned he was sane, far more sane than he should be.

"Hmmmm that's an interesting question....Typically I see what the other person is trying to achieve, determine if I'll be of any help, and then try....Otherwise it just has to interest me enough to want to be part of it. If it's not interesting to me, then I simply won't...." As capricious as that might sound, he wasn't going to be part of something that would bore him to tears. He wanted to forge ahead into unknown territory, explore the vastness of their world, and others. In order to do that, he couldn't spend his time idly doing the same thing others did.

While he respected all fields, he preferred working with those that weren't afraid to peer into the abyss, and wouldn't flinch when it stared back.

"I'm relatively easy to entice though....So don't be afraid to ask...." He said to her with an easy smile, and it wasn't a lie. Amor enjoyed working on things with others. "Though I'm a bit pickier on who I ask to help me with my own things....So far I've only really asked three others to work with me on my projects. They are Team Nebula...." It wasn't a name that he had picked, but the others liked it, so he didn't raise to much of a fuss. "They help me, and in turn I help them back in whatever way I can."

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
212 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2024 16:37:09 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

She was pleased with his answer. "Well, perhaps I will find you in a curious mood and entice you into a dream study." She was awfully curious about what went on in that mind of his. [break][break]

"Team Nebula," she repeated with a small amount of awe. "Very fitting for someone so involved in the stars, between Deoxys and this Eternatus business." She fully believed Eternatus came from space like Deoxys given how Deoxys could damage Eternatus more than the average pokemon. She was convinced they were made of the same stuff. [break][break]

She was sure she could be of use to him and vice versa, but she needed to prioritize her projects before asking for assistance. "Well, I should not be surprised you are so eclectic in taste for projects. I think an interdisciplinary approach is important for all research, and you have clearly been practicing many fields of study. If your team ever needs someone well-versed in the dream realm or the deities of Alola, you can ring me." [break][break]

Her research in Alola was not well-documented as she had not published any works from her studies. She had been pursing a connection between Tapu Lele and the dream realm, but she had not found strong evidence. The religious and ritualistic beliefs and practices surrounding the deities there was a source of intrigue for her. She owed anthropology more attention for her dream studies to determine past beliefs and rituals regarding entering the dream realm to see what held any truth.

TAGS [break]
NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,870 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2024 18:52:33 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

She wanted to know what was in his dreams huh? That made her special because not even Amor wanted to know those contents, but he was forced to know. He didn't respond to that for the moment, he was wary letting a stranger see inside of him.

"They came up with the name....I don't mind it...." He admitted, it made the trio happy, and even if he outwardly was stoic about it, he liked it too. "They are invaluable to me, two of them are brilliant researchers in their respective fields. The last one though, is one I consider my personal protégé. They may not have the same book smarts as I do, but their battle prowess, and ability to gather intel is without parallel. Should I be out of commission they would be the one I trust Erebus with." He expressed to Ameena easily. He was sure would die of embarrassment if they heard him praise them this way, but it was the truth.

Though his attention shifted easily when she mentioned that she was familiar with Alola. Of course she was one of three people he had thought to recruit to his little team. It was a very short list of people, due to how picky he truly was. However he wanted to spend more time with her to get to know her, and even before then he'd ask the other members. While he could include anyone he wanted with impunity, he did his best to not act like a total tyrant.

"Something tells me....We are going to be spending a lot more time together now Ms. Abadi...." A smile crossed his features. Such a font of knowledge was in front of him, and like a man dying of thirst who had been placed in front of an oasis, he would drink every drop.

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
212 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2024 16:23:07 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

He had a strong team in his corner. Her own team was Lulu and, ideally, him. She needed a greater network, but it was difficult to find someone with the background to understand her research and the ambition to invest in it. He seemed diseased in a similar way as she, compelled by the questions and threats of the universe and unable to take it passively. [break][break]

"Well, if Team Nebula has something interesting that needs another pair of hands, I am able to leave my lab from time to time." She couldn't spread herself too thin. It would limit her capacity to make advancements in accessing the dream realm. She had to be careful. But his help could be beneficial, so it was important to be willing to reciprocate. Networking was invaluable. Maybe she would be so lucky as to learn something helpful to her research in the process. [break][break]

She agreed with his assessment. "Not attached at the hip, I hope. I suspect you attract more trouble than I do." She was still a little concerned about how untroubled he had appeared in Ultra Deep Sea. "But you have my number. Perhaps our next meeting can be at my laboratory... especially if you will let me in that mind of yours." His subconscious would produce the most intriguing dreams, she was sure of it. But she wouldn't burn a working relationship just to see it. [break][break]

TAGS [break]
NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,870 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2024 19:17:33 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

He just chuckled a bit at her mentioning if they do anything interesting to count her in, and he nodded.

"I'll keep that in mind...." The truth was she was one of the people he had his eye on to bring in to his group. Though he wanted to know more about her first, the others he had known for a while before even forming the team, but to him she was still fresh. Still at her last comment of wanting to see in his mind he tilted his head curiously.

"What is it about my mind that has you fascinated so? Honestly, most people want in my pants not my brain...." A joke? Or the truth? His smile never faded as he asked the question though. "Or do you just want to see what I keep away from everyone else?" To want to know someone's secrets wasn't unusual, but she was the first to be so bold about it. Amor didn't view his dreams with anything more than disdain. Especially after having to deal with his waking nightmare.

"You can always ask to borrow the data of my nightmare....Though...." His eyes narrowed at her, and the air around him shifted. "Should you spread it's contents....Whatever they might be....I will be most displeased...." The smile faded into a hard line as he expressed that to her. He was a private man, very few knew anything about him aside from his name, and perhaps where he was from. A mixture of no one asking, and him not bothering to share was to blame, but that was fine by him. There were things he didn't want people to know, things he preferred to just keep in unless he was forced otherwise.

"If you agree to that....I'll send her a message asking her to lend it to you...." He didn't even know if had studied it or not, but he knew it was vital for her research, so he didn't make to much of a fuss.