Dyfalu

Aubre
She/Her
February 17
Turffield
Demisexual
Pokémon Doctor
Civilian
I Still Believe, Inside of Me, There's Someone Not Unspoken. Someone Not So Broken.
awards
345 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aubremckenna
Aubre McKenna-Settentrione
Take Two and Call Me in the Morning
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2024 11:53:40 GMT
Aubre McKenna-Settentrione Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunstest1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]
The office was closing up for the day. Which, today at least, meant that it was time for Aubre to go home. Or, at least, she would after this last patient found their way out. Unfortunately, she seemed to have very selective hearing. Normally soft-spoken, her voice rose in insistence.
[break][break]

“No—no, ma’am. These are not ear drops.” She insisted for what felt like the hundredth time. “They have to be given orally for them to work.” Again, there was a slight look of befuddlement as the woman took back the prescription. Her Whismur just continued to quiver. A gentle hand lifted to the elderly lady’s elbow as Aubre gently tried to coax her outside. “You know you can always call me. I’ll answer—” What a silly promise to make.
[break][break]

Normally the pinnacle of patience, Aubre was surprised by her urge to go home. But her parents arrived tomorrow. And she hadn’t hugged her dad or mom in almost two years. The last thing she wanted was to screw it up somehow.
[break][break]
But the questions continued. The automated light in the other examination room clicked off behind her. “Wait, are you sure it’s just an earache? She’s been ever so dour—” The client continued in a whine. Of course I am not 100% sure something else is going on. You asked about her ears. But it’s so—the likelihood it’s anything else is so low it’s almost negligible.. And, yet, she did look the Whismur over again.
[break][break]

Finally, she managed to guide the fretful trainer out the backdoor. She traded the white jacket for a much more ambiguous hoody. Her hands underwent scrub-up for what felt like the hundredth time. As she exited the staff area, she was surprised to find she wasn’t alone. Not because Alastor was there of course. He was always here. Right now, he was tapping out a message to the other person.
[break][break]

Aubre’s eyes widened as she caught the screen. “!?” The Heliolisk and her locked eyes for a moment. You better not send that. The normally doleful gaze said. Blue eyes rolled as the lizard hit backspace a few times. You’re the idiot that forgot to lock the door. That last thought made her feel almost guilty. What if he’d been waiting out here for—-well, however long it took to explain pills.
[break][break]

Turning to the other person, Aubre put on her best customer service smile. Which, in all honesty, wasn’t too good. She was a terrible liar. “Can I help you?”

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

NOTES

The good doctor wants her day off

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.gunstest1]--accent:#5AC575;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gunstest1]font:10.5px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest1 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest1 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest1 i"]color: #72CD89;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest1 h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest1 h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest1 .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest1 .ooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest1 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights