Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[attr="class","eris101"]WHEN YOUR SKIES ARE GREY, AND YOUR WHOLE WORLD IS SHAKING
[break]
[attr="class","eris102"]TO THE MOON AND BACK, I'LL LOVE YOU MORE THAN THAT
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]Death itself holds no agendas. It doesn't pick and choose who must be sent off but rather, watches as fate dictates the fall of dominos and behemoths.[break][break]

And she remains powerless to stop any of it.[break][break]

Clattering through dirt and stone, nearly tripping over stray crystals in her haste. It's almost as if she forgets where she is. Who she is. What she is now, is a wreck, slammed up against the rocky bays as she rushes for .[break][break]

He's not- he can't -
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]prismatic uh oh...
[attr="class","eris103"]
[attr="class","eris103"]MUSIC
[break]
NOTES
round 3 of prison arc...
PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.eris99]width:500px;height:250px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris100]width:500px;height:30px;text-align:center;font:8px Helvetica;line-height:30px!important;color:#f5f5f5;background-color:#333333;letter-spacing:2px;position:relative;z-index:1;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris101]margin-top:0px;opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris102]margin-top:-30px;opacity:0;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris98:hover .eris101]margin-top:-30px;opacity:0;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris98:hover .eris102]opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris103]width:100%;padding:10px 0px;background-color:#a0bad6;text-align:center;font:8px Helvetica;letter-spacing:2px;color:#333333;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris103 a]color:#333333!important;font:8px Helvetica;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris109 b]font:bold 10px Helvetica;color:#a0bad6;[/newclass]
[googlefont=Montserrat:400,700]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,317 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
burden me with hope
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2024 0:42:41 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","topimage"]

[attr="class","textbox"]The worst part? He hadn't even reached the fucking monkey.[break][break]

Each slam was rougher than the last. The first was little more than a bad fall, knocking the wind out of Isaac. The next hit with enough force to leave his ribs creaking and his head ringing. By the third, they gave in with an echoing crack. It was almost as loud as their captor's laughter, psychically echoing through his head.[break][break]

One thing Isaac was quick to notice was how he was being dropped. Psychic power held his arms upwards before the drop, denying him any chance to brace himself. Was the monkey trying to stop him from lessening the pain? Or was it trying to keep him useful for the assembly line? As if to test it, Isaac rolled his shoulder inward, prepared to let his arm take the brunt of the fourth impact.[break][break]

At the last moment, his body swiveled. He'd landed full force on a limb, but it wasn't the one he'd hoped to. For his defiance, the monkey ensured he'd damn near snap his leg. Even as he tried to bite his tongue, Isaac couldn't hold it in any longer. He screamed, voice trailing off as he was hoisted higher, higher, higher still.[break][break]

By the time he'd made his final impact, blood oozed from the corner of his mouth.[break][break]

Despite it all, his screams trailed off into laughter. Even as his cracked ribs howled in agony, he found himself unable to stop. He looked at the retreating monkey through blurred eyes, barely able to crane his neck. "You call that a beating?" he said, even as his taunt fell on deaf ears. " 'Cause that doesn't even make my top five."[break][break]

The monkey didn't need to know that most of those top ranks had literally killed him.[break][break]

His eyes fluttered closed, watching as the monkey retreated into the distance. Then, as they eased back opened, it seemed to be coming back. Isaac braced himself, only to relax when he realized that it was a different short, blue figure approaching instead. Fighting his damndest, he propped himself up onto a single elbow. There was no light in his eyes, and yet his grin as unshakeable.[break][break]

"Sorry, sis. Tried my best."

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] --color:#c4c067; [/newclass]
[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,754 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
burden me with hope
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2024 1:03:09 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[attr="class","eris101"]WHEN YOUR SKIES ARE GREY, AND YOUR WHOLE WORLD IS SHAKING
[break]
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]Why had he done that? Why had he dared to play with fire? After seeing what had happened to the last person that died for merely speaking out? Every crunch, every crack, every scream.[break][break]

Every scar that lined his body, every bit of torture he'd been put through, every attempt on his life. Never once had she seen how it happened, never once had she been there to stop any of it. And now, in the one moment that she is, she's completely useless to him.[break][break]

"Don't talk."[break][break]

Drawing closer to him, she falls to her knees, ignoring the own stinging of her cuts as she tries to help him sit up. But she can feel her own strength failing her, the cold sweat on her palms slipping against the fabric of his clothes. And each time she draws a sharp breath, she tries to readjust, forgets to exhale.
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]
[break]
NOTES
round 3 of prison arc...
PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.eris100]width:500px;height:30px;text-align:center;font:8px Helvetica;line-height:30px!important;color:#f5f5f5;background-color:#333333;letter-spacing:2px;position:relative;z-index:1;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris101]margin-top:0px;opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris102]margin-top:-30px;opacity:0;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris98:hover .eris101]margin-top:-30px;opacity:0;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris98:hover .eris102]opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris103]width:100%;padding:10px 0px;background-color:#a0bad6;text-align:center;font:8px Helvetica;letter-spacing:2px;color:#333333;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,317 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
burden me with hope
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2024 1:10:04 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"Ah c'mon. Thought you missed the sound of my voice." He tried to snicker, only for his compressed chest to leave him in a coughing fit. Each sharp pain that shot through his ribs reminded him why this had been such a bad idea. "Okay, okay, you're right," he conceded, before promptly hushing his butt.[break][break]

He did, however, accept her help. Shifting awkwardly, braced her shoulder, Isaac was eventually able to contort himself into something resembling a sitting position. With his hand, the one part of his body that wasn't fucked up to hell and back, he gave Eris a soft, gentle headpat. Was it to try and reassure her? Or was it to thank her for being his rock while the rest of the dummy ward simply looked on?[break][break]

"Breathe," he whispered, walking the line of his promise as he noticed Eris' strain. "Please. For me."

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,754 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
burden me with hope
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2024 1:27:33 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[break]
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]The first thing about rib factures is that it'll always hurt, no matter what you do. Talking, moving. making stupid jokes at the worst of times... As long as you draw breath, it'll always cook up a new brew of pain.[break][break]

Even so, you cannot remain still.[break][break]

There is comfort in the fact that her knees can't buckle when she's already seated on the floor. One misstep, one moment of weakness and she'd probably wind up dropping him, making everything worse.[break][break]

He speaks. She nearly loses those words to her own pulse drumming in her ears. Her eye flicks to him, her mind drawing upon the dulling sensation of pats against her head. Breathe, he tells her. She's already making everything worse by failing to keep herself together.[break][break]

Her tongue presses against the roof of her mouth, forces her to choke and cough as her eyes water at the sensation. A breath. An exhale. A breath, this time a deeper one. Then an exhale, slow and shaky. Rinse and repeat.
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]
[break]
NOTES
round 3 of prison arc...
PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,317 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
burden me with hope
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2024 1:30:19 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"There you go."[break][break]

A soft, reassuring whisper. Isaac knew the louder he was, the more strain he'd put on himself. The more strain he put on himself, the more pain he put himself through. The last thing he needed was to cough up blood in front of someone who was already trying her hardest to keep it together for him.[break][break]

"I'm lucky, y'know."

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,754 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
burden me with hope
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2024 1:40:55 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[break]
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]Lucky?[break][break]

"In what way?"[break][break]

He can't be making jokes like this now. Lucky is if the warden simply brushed him off. What he'd just been put through was calculated brutality. Enough to make an example out of him, but not enough to lose yet another worker or stoke the flames of a revolt.
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]
[break]
NOTES
round 3 of prison arc...
PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,317 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
burden me with hope
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2024 1:45:37 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"'Cause I've got the strongest, bravest kid in the world to pick me up after I fall."

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG — @ [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,754 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
burden me with hope
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2024 1:58:36 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[break]
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]He must've hit his head.[break][break]

"I can't stop that."[break][break]

This isn't some game or fairytale where words of encouragement will suddenly give her the strength to overcome. Her scars itch with every attempt she's once made. Her eyes flick over every blooming patch of red on his limbs.[break][break]

You're nearly dead.[break][break]

She'll die if she tries too.[break][break]

"Don't do it again."
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]
[break]
NOTES
round 3 of prison arc...
PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,317 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
burden me with hope
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2024 2:03:55 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"C'mon. Even I'm not that stupid."[break][break]

He was. He'd love to say that this was all according to plan, that he was trying to martyr himself for the good people of Hoenn or sneak some invaluable intel out of an evil monkey. Maybe he could justify that retroactively. However, he hadn't been thinking of any of that. All he knew was that the people he cared for were under lock and key, and the sister he adored above all was being bullied by some peanut-shaped asshole.[break][break]

The Megalopians may have sealed away his legendary powers, but they couldn't stop the heart of the Liberator from beating inside Isaac.[break][break]

" 'Sides, look on the bright side. They didn't kill me." It was a hell of a silver lining to cling to, but leave it to Isaac to find it where it persisted. "Left all my worky bits intact, too. Looks like they need us, one way or another." They didn't need the poor, unfortunate soul who they pushed through the bars like a sieve. But one was an exception. Two? That was a pattern.[break][break]

It seemed the Megalopians wouldn't let suicide be an option.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,754 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
burden me with hope
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2024 2:19:20 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[break]
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]"Liar."[break][break]

That word cuts her tongue.[break][break]

"You can't keep testing your luck."[break][break]

Tense. Terse.[break][break]

"You can't-"[break][break]

He wouldn't.[break]
Would he?

[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]
[break]
NOTES
round 3 of prison arc...
PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,317 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
burden me with hope
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2024 4:53:10 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"What luck've I got left to test?"[break][break]

The smile on Isaac's face was one of utter defeat. He fucked around. He found out. Now he barely had a life to fuck around with. The thing about his other incidents was that there was always an out. The Unown ending Maldacena's simulation. His soul returning to his body. Suicune's intervention.[break][break]

For the first time since Mt. Pyre, he was gonna have to deal with it.[break][break]

Yet he knew he had to. The girl whose hand he just clasped depended on it. "I'm gonna be okay," he promised her, his sincerity flowing from his hand to hers. "I promise. But if I'm gonna be okay, I'm gonna need you to be okay, too. So I'll keep being as strong for you as you're being for me, okay?"[break][break]

He knew she could do it. There was nobody in the world he trusted more.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,754 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
burden me with hope
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2024 8:09:29 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[break]
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]He clasps her hand, but she fears to clutch any harder in turn, as if she might add onto the pain he's already feeling.[break][break]

"I-" His words are sweet, pure like honey. "Isaac..." To take it as is would surely alleviate the plaguing worries.[break][break]

"I'll try." Her mouth feels so dry as she swallows yet another breath, her fingers cold even as she clings onto whatever warmth she can draw from his touch. "I'll try my best... I- I'll be okay."[break][break]

So don't keep throwing yourself out there to protect others.[break][break]

Her lifeline. Her last light.
[break]

Don't leave me alone in here.

[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]
[break]
NOTES
round 3 of prison arc...
PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,317 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
burden me with hope
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2024 13:10:37 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]That was all he needed to hear.[break][break]

"Trying's all I could ask for." The last thing Isaac wanted was for Eris to feel like a failure because of her own mind and heart. It was okay to be scared. It was okay to be worried. It was okay to lose hope. As long as she did her best, as long as she tried to keep that spark alive, that was all he could ever want. "You're a good kid."[break][break]

He wished he could stay, but the burning at the back of his neck disagreed. Compared to Eris' voice, whatever the Megalopians had been saying fell on deaf ears. Maybe that was a mistake. Maybe that was the point. Frankly, he couldn't give two figs about what the monsters who captured them had to say.[break][break]

His hand tightened around Eris' ever so slightly, as if she were his anchor. He looked her in the eyes, and for the first time since his brutal beating the light came back to them. Even as the chained pulled against his windpipe with enough force to crush it, he forced himself to find his words.[break][break]

"Love you, sis."[break][break]

Isaac's fingers slipped through hers as he was pulled to the heavens.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights